Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shadowpath's art and whatnot.

Go down 
+12
LurkingCat
Evil Evie
Outlier
Sifra
Prayer
Cleopatra
Vaeri
Rainflower
Startear
wolfmoonsky
Zadzi
Leanan
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Empty
PostSubject: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Well, here goes.
I'll be posting my drawings here.
My elves are the Timeless and they are ridiculous.

Not sure where to really start off, so here's Chenah.
The Timeless have 3 High Ones among them, one of them is Chenah. She's one of the tribe's founders.
She's known for being incredibly aggressive towards humans and thrives in their bloodshed.

Her surviving magic skills are metal-shaping and vision-making. The metal-shaping being the the much stronger of the two.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Chenah_by_muse_of_chaos-d9hw7o2
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Chenah_battle_gear_by_muse_of_chaos-d9hw8u4

Last edited by Shadowpath on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 10:49 pm

Pretty awesome, Shadowpath! I love the strength of your work, it shows in the faces and bodies, and the pencil strokes.
That's some confidence I never had when I drew.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 6:25 pm

The costumes are very pretty!
I like her personality and how innocent she looks, while being pretty bloodthirsty.
What is vision-making?

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 2:05 am

Congrats with new artpage. Looks great so far, and looking forward to see more
Back to top Go down
Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 2:12 pm

Love it all <3
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 8:44 pm

I forgot to mention the metal is a pattern from spoonflower.

Zadzi wrote:
Pretty awesome, Shadowpath! I love the strength of your work, it shows in the faces and bodies, and the   pencil strokes.
That's some confidence I never had when I drew.
=D it nice to hear what people think about my art style! Thank you kindly! =D
Sifra wrote:

What is vision-making?

It's an ability mentioned in one of the Botc Anthology books. I always took it to mean you could cast very lifelike illusions that could be seen by animals and humans.

Rainflower wrote:
Congrats with new artpage. Looks great so far, and looking forward to see more
Cleopatra wrote:
Love it all <3
=D thank you kindly!

Here's a wip of the Timeless High Ones, some hours after the crash.
On the left Chenah, who’s keeping guard, middle is Zharo and the one with their back to us is Meerheen, who’s kinda hanging his head.
The Preserver with them are, from left to right, called Thorntip (near Chenah), Nestmaker (sitting) and Applesnatcher.

I’m not particularly good at designing High One clothes, so they tend to have a dark fullbody suit, similar to Kaslen’s, with some more kinda sorta special looking clothing on top.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. High_ones_by_muse_of_chaos-d9ix9le
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:48 am

Amazing. Does Meerheen has a scratch on hos arm? I'm amazed by your clothing of them, so don't worry about that.
Back to top Go down
Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 3:59 pm

Agreeing with Rainflower. Poor Meerheen is sad and in shock, like Zharo and just received his scar if I'm right? And the preservers are so adorable.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 7:34 am

Rainflower wrote:
Amazing. Does Meerheen has a scratch on hos arm? I'm amazed by your clothing of them, so don't worry about that.
He does. Merheen  was pretty damn lucky and left the palace pretty unscathed.
Cleopatra wrote:
Zharo and just received his scar if I'm right? And the preservers are so adorable.

He got that back at the palace, but yes. I was really rather worried about the Preservers. XD Drawing something that small is difficult for me.

Made some head dolls recently. Pretty happy with Chenah, I'm not sure why Zharo looks so much like a angry cat. I'm most unhappy with how Merheen turned out. (I spent hours on him DX)
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Tumblr_inline_nzhznlJZf81s6uavj_540

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 2:06 pm

Finished this yesterday.
Another Timeless founder,Zharo.
Zharo got a rather severe hit on the head when he fled the palace that caused his mind to become rather disjointed. Leaving him rather quiet, impassive and generally very aloof for several thousands of years.
Zharo retains 3 of his old powers, shielding, gliding and rockshaping. Shielding is the weakest of the 3.
Despite his mental state, he seems to have a liking for using his rockshaping powers against humans.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Tumblr_nzkcui051Z1sda8vao1_1280

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Wonderful! I really like the looks of your characters! cheers

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Very Happy Thank you Leanan! That's wonderful to hear!

Another wip.
Wanted to draw something...dramatic and painful looking?
Really just wanted to try drawing limbs in painful poses.
I can't for the life of me draw humans with small eyes. I've tried. It's stuck in my art style.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Whythe10

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 9:42 pm

You know, I only just now saw the scars Zharo has! I also really like how you color hair lately, I just want to run my fingers through them.

And jeegus! The last image you posted, That looks so painful, like they slammed into the rocks. I also like how shocked they look.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:53 pm

Startear wrote:
You know, I only just now saw the scars Zharo has! I also really like how you color hair lately, I just want to run my fingers through them.
Good to hear! I was hoping I was getting better at using that specific brush in gimp. =D

Startear wrote:
And jeegus! The last image you posted, That looks so painful, like they slammed into the rocks. I also like how shocked they look.
I's so happy to hear that! Was what I was going for, but damn is it hard to get limbs to look right in that state.

Been working a bit on comics.

This has the title of ‘Beyond tries his hand at peacemaking’.
Background: Beyond Recognized Uli and both of them immediately denied it, spent a month fighting and arguing with each other.
Beyond caves first, after some intense introspection and heads out to find Uli so they can make some peace with each other.  Beyond just has to fight his growing anxiety.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Comic2a_by_muse_of_chaos-d9pqdg2

I should note that the falling tree is basically dead and that's the main reason Uli can knock it down.

Beyond’s intense anxiety gets the best of him and he basically tries to go ‘nope, going home’.
You know that ‘recognition sickness’ could have interesting side effects.
In Beyond’s case he kinda sorta becomes slightly delusional (not pictured here) and argumentative with himself when it hits him hard enough.
(Yes he’s basically going ‘no ok see here, I should go home now because’ in the last panel )
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Comic_part_2_by_muse_of_chaos-d9qatzd

The text says: I'm just going to come back later
Yes
Later
When she's not smacking down trees
Just HAD to Recognize the angriest treeshaper alive, didn't I?

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 10:18 pm

More ‘characters cycling through emotions’.
This is Res, Beyond’s nephew.
He’s absolutely hilarious to draw.
Wanted to have something to go with this:
‘What is it with you people? ‘Oh there goes Shadowcaster and his magic-blocking! No magic for Res! Res is harmless!’ I have a knife and I know how to use it, dammit!
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Res_comic_by_muse_of_chaos-d9qcner

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 2:19 am

OMG! I love this! Love the expressions and it looks like in one of the drawings, where he's pointing a finger, he should be giving the finger Very Happy
Love your work, Shadowpath!

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 10:12 am

I really love your drawings! The expressions are amazing!
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 9:56 am

As I said on Elfquestfanart, I love how in the Res' comic, you used blue. Blue is usually a calming color, s I love how it contrasts his expressions, which grows angrier and angrier! And man, I love how his hands move too, it just tells so much!

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 11:32 pm

Zadzi wrote:
OMG! I love this! Love the expressions and it looks like in one of the drawings, where he's pointing a finger, he should be giving the finger Very Happy
Love your work, Shadowpath!
=D I'm very happy to hear that! As for the finger thing, I actually thought the same thing at one point.

Startear wrote:
As I said on Elfquestfanart, I love how in the Res' comic, you used blue. Blue is usually a calming color, s I love how it contrasts his expressions, which grows angrier and angrier! And man, I love how his hands move too, it just tells so much!
His hands are actually ended being the most fun thing to draw. That and his expressions. (I seriously love how the third turned out)

wolfmoonsky wrote:
I really love your drawings! The expressions are amazing!
Thank you so much! It's very nice to hear! =D

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 11:40 pm

I started writing a little something which got me started on Res' profile, which in turn got me started colouring a picture of him.
No, I don’t have any pictures of him where he looks less angry.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Tumblr_o2etwyzbCR1sda8vao1_1280

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 11:12 pm

…I don’t know how to write. Sorry for mistakes.
Title: The Continued failings of High One Technology.
Series: Elfquest/Dragon Age Inquisition.
Somebody messes around with some of Res’ magic ‘someday-these will-help us-leave-this-forsaken-planet’- crystal orbs while he’s working on them and they do actually end up working. In a chaotic and not at all helpful way because it transplants Res to Thedas.
To the soon to be destroyed Conclave to be precise.
Because you never know where the High Ones went and where they left their artifacts.
____
‘Get out.’
'You know what, Ressa?’
'Res. My name is Res. Not Ressa, not Resling, not Reska. Just Res. ’
'You spend entirely too much time working with magic. It’s going turn your mind into slush!’
'Thief, I swear. If you touch anything, I’m going to skin you alive.’
Flying Thief’s laughter told him there would be no negotiation with the aggravating Mistsinger.
The elf woman slapped one of Res’ three crystal orbs out of the air, much to his barely restrained ire.
The palace crystal hit the floor, shattering, it’s glowing pieces clinked over the floor and landed around his feet.
One of the other orbs seemed to sense the it’s sibling’s destruction and hurriedly sank down to Res’ shoulder, fully breaking a stream of magic that been passing between all three orbs.  
It should cancelled out the magic entirely, Res thought later, in a different place.

Really, he shouldn’t have been surprised.
The ancient, semi sentient, but often harebrained technology of the High Ones was known to completely and utterly fail the ones who used it.

Within seconds the magic seemed to fade before violently coming back into view. It arched like lightning inside his small away-from-Firerock-den before making contact with the shards at his feet and the orbs around him, making them shine brighter than the daystar.

Res lost sight of his den as a pale, multi-coloured light engulfed him. Everything seemed to become drawn out, endless and ever reaching, shattering the laws the two mooned world had slammed down countless ages go.

The magic sang with absolute chaos, extreme intent and violence as it reached out, further and further, until it made contact to something equally ancient.
Everything shifted violently, and Res realized to his growing confusion that there was no floor, no roof, no walls. Just a near eternity of movement and colours.

When the light and magic finally dissipated, Res was nowhere to be found, leaving a dumbfounded Flying Thief alone in the den.
Her hazel eyes flickered around briefly, wondering if she had just started a war with the Timeless.

Last edited by Shadowpath on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 2:19 am

Shadowpath wrote:
I started writing a little something which got me started on Res' profile, which in turn got me started colouring a picture of him.
No, I don’t have any pictures of him where he looks less angry.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Tumblr_o2etwyzbCR1sda8vao1_1280

Absolutley LOVE his hair. Want!
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:40 pm

Tried some cut scene-redrawing, from Inquisition.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Tumblr_o2sw1mv1cc1sda8vao1_1280
‘Tell me why we shouldn’t kill you now.’

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 12:05 pm

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Tumblr_inline_o2eudbogmV1s6uavj_540
Name: Res, later adopts the word ‘Capricious’ as a last name.
Preserver name: Nearlyhighthigh-highthing.
Birth-tribe: Bridge child between the Timeless and a tribe called Bailon’s Children. Belongs with the Timeless.

Parents: Arehe and Jirora.

Siblings: Cidurcir (older sister),Shadowsun (younger brother) and Ta (younger brother).

Children: Tananek (son), Vair (daughter),Anyai (daughter) and Vayka (son).(Possibly others)  

Lovemates: Res has several lovers, both female and male. They ones known are Wolf’s Fern,Zarvee, Reivah, Blackstone, Charring and Sleeper.
- Of all his partners, Wolf’s Fern is the one he seems to spends the most time with.

Friends:
Res is not an entirely easy person to get along with, but he guards his family and friends fiercely and tends to develop very deep bonds with people he cares about.
- Darkfire, Zarvee,Beyond, Uli, Shadowcaster,Shadow-Dancer,Wolf’s Fern, Raivah, Blackstone, Charring, Rixanna.
- Res seems to hold Chenah in high esteem, and even invokes her in exclamations. ‘Chenah’s bloodied spears’ and so on.

Age: He’s 4342 by the time of the Blue Mountain’s fall/Palace’s disappearance.

Appearance: Res has a glider-ish height (would tower over wolfriders, but is nowhere as tall as a typical Timeless) and has a rather waifish build.
Res has dark brown-reddish hair that (typically) reaches his knees. It’s rather shaggy and wild looking.

Attire: Res styles himself after the High Ones. He wears a pale,white-ish blue robe. Underneath that, he wears a dark loose neck shirt and matching trumpet pants. He wears a metal headdress that ends in a upside down triangle that is adorned with a green-turquoise-ish jewel. (Likely Amazonite)  Also wears a necklace that is just more or less one long thread decorated by 3 small stones.

Background: Res was born 5000 years after the crash of the High Ones and showed signs of being able to return to their former glory and in turn be able to make the small palace crystal sphere Bailon’s tribe were in possession of, regrow to the point of becoming a space-ship once again.

Bailon’s Children, his mother’s tribe are incredibly fixated on returning to the stars, but lacked the powers and cared very little for the consequences for turning somebody into a ‘one goal, one reason in life’-puppet. By saying his parents he had died, they managed to hide away Res for 10 years, brainwashing him into believing his fate and place was to be the one to return them to the stars. He was set to work on developing his magic with the help of a palace crystal orb in order to consolidate power, with next to no contact to other people with the exception of the High One who came up with the plan in the first place, Bailon himself.

He was found by Darkfire at the age of 15 and torn out of a trance-like state, and told how everybody had been told he had died. This revelation enraged him to the point where he ‘called’ (siphoned) all the magic out of the crystal orb and out of all of Starsfall (home of Bailon’s Children), murdered Bailon and destroyed his very soul when he showed up to defend/explain his actions.

Res has never shown any remorse over the murder of Bailon, and has an almost overriding hatred towards his Children and has been known to attack them on sight. Resulting in Darkfire assigning him two guards to keep him from outright murdering them with his bare hands. His guards are  Zarvee and Feverdust.

Res likes to go on jaunts that can last up fro 2 to 3 years. He’s know to end up in absurd situations/having weird adventures, sometimes because his curiousness overrides any common sense he has, other times because Abode just seems out to get him.
-On one jaunt he hit his head, lost his memory, found a tribe of satyr-elves and had a child with one of them.  When the child was born sickly and they showed no signs of trying to save it, he ended up starting up starting a small war with them and abducted the child.
- Nearly got captured by 3 of Guttlekraw’s trolls who he unceremoniously went on to murder.
The first one was encase in stone and left to his fate.
The second was beaten to death with his own weapon.
The last one was sat on fire. He might have survived had he not run straight off a cliff.
-Ran into Two-Edge when he found one of his traps and took it apart.
-While visiting the Silver Hills trolls, he managed to drive back an invading group of Guttlekraw’s trolls when they attacked.

Personality: Res is generally a bit of mixed bag and can be fairly unpredictable. He can come off as cold and dismissive. He’s observant,intensely curious, but is known become almost over-the-top theatrical in his body language and expressions when arguing, stressed,angry or just stalling for time.
-When it comes to magic, Res tends to overrun everybody. Even High Ones.
-Despite his level of magic, Res has a bizarre fondness for physical violence and will be the first one to throw a punch or demand violence happen.
- He enjoys brawling and arguing. He doesn’t seem to care if he wins or loses.

Role: Res’ original role was to become the ‘one who would get Bailon’s Children back to the stars’.
His current role is to teach. Part time explorer.

Pastime:
- Working with the palace crystal the Timeless are in possession of. Res claims it’s a bit of a obsession he can’t get rid off.
-Spending time with his children, family members, friends.
- Visiting the Silver Hills trolls.
- Teaching.

Skills: A magic user nearly equal to a High One prior to the crash. Res has several powers thanks to Bailon’s scheming, but has expressed he only really wants one ability. Healing.
Res’ magic powers are:
- Rockshaping.
- Energy bolts.
- Soul Fire.
- Levitation/tossing of items/telekinesis. (Think spears being tossed at high speed. )
- Res’ Sending ability is strong enough to be extremely harmful to humans.
- Res is notorious for being a horrible hunter. He has never been able to hunt anything, besides one very small fish. That nearly got him drowned.

Weapons: His powers aside, Res owns Bright Wrath, a sword given to him by the king of the Silver Hills trolls as a reward for driving back an invading group of Northern trolls.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Tumblr_inline_o2eu7u1YaO1s6uavj_540

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 2:30 am

I asked on tumblr for some ideas of what to draw and one of them was suggestion to have Uli hunting.
I can’t draw normal looking animals, so they tend to look like animals that have been mutated by magic

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Tumblr_o3c0u01yIB1sda8vao2_540

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadowpath's art and whatnot.
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: