Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shadowpath's art and whatnot.

Go down 
+12
LurkingCat
Evil Evie
Outlier
Sifra
Prayer
Cleopatra
Vaeri
Rainflower
Startear
wolfmoonsky
Zadzi
Leanan
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 7:23 pm

Goes with panels above, pretty sure there's actually 3 or so panels between them. Haven't got those planed yet tho.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_oige19OfX51sda8vao1_1280

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 8:35 pm

Drew some masks for a group elves within the Timeless called the Gossipers. (The Gossipers can basically be anybody because people hand off the masks to each other)They wear masks and are generally a jolly bunch.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_oig965QPFV1sda8vao1_12804 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_oig965QPFV1sda8vao2_12804 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_oig965QPFV1sda8vao3_12804 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_oig965QPFV1sda8vao4_12804 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_oig965QPFV1sda8vao5_12804 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_oig965QPFV1sda8vao6_12804 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_oig965QPFV1sda8vao7_12804 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_oig965QPFV1sda8vao8_12804 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_oig965QPFV1sda8vao9_1280

Borrowed Startear's Cone for a bit. =D
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_oig965QPFV1sda8vao10_1280
Goes with the one above.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_oig81p54dQ1s6uavj_400

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 9:26 pm

You know ... some are really terrifying! affraid Do you?

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 9:55 pm

XD I donno? Wuk (4) kinda freaks me out?

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 10:11 pm

'1 and '4 make me "Run first ... ask later!" XD

Most likely the others would make me run, too. ^^

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 10:23 pm

I think Wuk comes off as intensely creepy because it's the bridge between the more animal looking masks and the more humanoid/elven masks.
Lah (1) honestly ended up looking like cat of some kind to me. XD

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 5:49 pm

'What are you two doing?' A cool, female voice broke their discussion.

Res and Charring froze, almost comically.
'Nothing! We- We're not doing anything at all!' Res exclaimed a second later, and slipped his arms around Charring's shoulders, pulling him closer to himself.
'He's right! We're being unhelpful!' Charring said, sending Darkfire an apologetic look and bowed his head. 'Better go help Rixanna put up those tents!'
'Yes! Let's do that! We accept our punishment for being idle, Chieftess!' Res declared, mimicking Charring's bow and dragged the firemaker away. 

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Charri10

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:37 am

Wip of two Gossipers, Sasu and Wuk.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_olxk6cgvax1s6uavj_540

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 3:24 pm

Still love the scene with Res & Charring and Darkfire. Pose, clothing, expressions ... so much to discover and like. I have NO clue what's going on but I get the impression they just got away with some mischief.

The Cossipers give me the creeps ... and remind me of our Fasching season (carnival) at the same time. Interesting coloring with the sparkling green costtume and the strong yellow outlines.
Unusual, creepy ... and strangely fascinating for me.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 4:41 pm

Embala wrote:
Still love the scene with Res & Charring and Darkfire. Pose, clothing, expressions ... so much to discover and like. I have NO clue what's going on but I get the impression they just got away with some mischief.
Heh, it's more lying than mischief. 

Embala wrote:

The Cossipers give me the creeps ... and remind me of our Fasching season (carnival) at the same time. Interesting coloring with the sparkling green costtume and the strong yellow outlines.
Unusual, creepy ... and strangely fascinating for me.

XD I think most of the Gossiper masks look creepy.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Woooo!
Finished this.
Characters are Startear's Cone and the previously mentioned Sasu and Wuk.
The elf wearing the Sasu mask is a shielder and tossing up a shield to contain a situation.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_om0a1bGLjL1sda8vao1_1280

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 5:26 pm

Why do I get the impression, that the frightening Gossipers are frightend? O.O

I like Cone ... there's a strange mix of friendlyness, curiosity and hidden agenda in her expression. And she looks fluffy. ^^All grey and brown ... but the green makes her alive.

*wonders* What's on the other side of this shield?

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 12:55 am

Some troll ladies of the Silver Hills.

First one is their leader, Queen Deep Gleam. She’s bizarrely tall for a troll and towers over most of her kin. She was about 16 years old then Greymung’s revolt kicked off and she about 23 trolls (most of which were women who wanted a better life for themselves and their future children) fled the fighting with plans to start their own empire far to the west.

She despises both Greymung and Guttlekraw’s groups because she feels they’re equally lazy bastards for building most of their kingdoms by abusing rockshapers while she carved out her own realm with her hands and tools.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_omdhvklzWs1sda8vao1_1280

Second is Deep Dusk, who is one of Deep Gleam’s many children. She actually lives with the Timeless and is an artisan. She’s often found hanging around Darkfire or Chenah’s audience chambers. She’s very honest about her fondness for ogling people and likes flirting with whoever has her attention.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_omdhvklzWs1sda8vao2_1280

Next is High Shimmer. She’s an immensely ancient and very small lady who enjoys working in the underground gardens she managed to create. She’s a herbal healer. She seems to enjoy being around the Palace orbs the Timeless have managed to create as they remind her of ‘the quiet, endless days of her original home’.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_omdhvklzWs1sda8vao3_500

Dark Peak is a hunter, explorer and a trader. She’s known for having spent more years living with the area’s human than living underground with her own kin.

She’s considered to be hero as she’s stopped a raid by group humans from the Hoan-G'Tay-Sho tribe and nearly gave her life doing so.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_omdhvklzWs1sda8vao4_500

Working on an au and this girl show up. (Mainly because Zharo demands it)
She's actually a canon character I’ve tried remaking. She looks pretty close to her canon depiction, with slight edits to her hair. (Mainly because it looked weird to me)

She’s wearing Go-Back clothing here.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_omdiq7VoAN1sda8vao1_1280

A Go-Back boy named Tiak who shows up a whole bunch in my fic.
The one next to him is Chenah.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_omdiz0HTS61sda8vao1_1280

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 11:33 pm

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_omqeujWAgF1sda8vao1_1280

I managed to draw Uli's firstborn, Padara. She’s likely going to show up a bunch in one of my fics, so I felt like it was necessary to try and draw her. The clothing she’s wearing here is the armour she wears in the fic I’m working on. The helm is the only thing she’s usually wearing. 

- Padara was born 76 years after the crash of the Palace. Her father is named Feannec. 
- Takes after Uli in demenour, but has her father’s dark skin.
- Padara is bald.
- Padara is obsessed with writing, keeping time and recording everything of note. 
- ‘’A Padara without her book and pen, is a Padara you run away from. Fast.’’
- The book she’s holding here is ancient, made back in Rahnee’s day. It’s also incredibly battered looking, since Padara finds smacking her enemies heads in with it, incredibly funny
-Parada is both a rockshaper and metalshaper.
- Her humour is described as ‘very dark, very cold and very centered around her own behaviour’ by Beyond.
- She kept tack of the Timeless’ kill-count during their early day wars with hostile humans. Padara considers it ‘funny’.
- She claims the kill-count from the last war isn’t entirely settled yet. (Their last human war was back in Two-Spear’s day.)
- She’s infamous for being seemingly desensitised to violence of any sort and utterly unfeeling in just about any situation.
- Takes notes during dangerous situations. 
- Because she’s obsessed with time and writing she’s incredibly calculating and she can almost come off as clairvoyant.
- She seems to have an one-going game of ‘what am I going to say/ask’ going with most people.

I’m not sure if she has any mates or children at the moment.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 10:02 pm

Awesome Troll chicks are gorgeous! You know this, right? There's thoght and plan behind them, a system. They have a tribal and individual background. Individual distinctive design - the generic features. Their individual traits and expressions - both facial and body languge.
Deep Dusk  I love you Did she ever have a Timeless lovemate? She's strangely attractive with her round belly ... ^^ (small boobs for a Troll, tho)
All the details in clothing, headdresses, jewelry ... I love Deep Gleam's crown and High Shimmer's sketchy "helmet". Deep Gleam is kinda cute - by look and demeanor.
Oh, have I mentioned that I love the artwork? Very Happy

This "canon girl" is pretty. She looks nice and friendly. I like her outfit design, especially the fur collar/scarf. Who is she? Crescent comes to mind first ... but I'm anything but sure!

Tiak turned out like a cute mix of Chot and Trof. Very Happy Love his freckles! And Chenah in full armor - shudders at spiky cuisse and vambrace. The heights difference is striking - partly a matter of perspective?

(too tired for Padara ... interesting one. Great armor - lower part reminds me of an owl tail.)

Last edited by Embala on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 11:20 pm

Scouter Scouter Scouter

I agree, she does make me think Crescent, but I'm biased.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Back to Padara - this passion and this book makes her outstanding. Characterwise ... and she sounds like a kind of misfit among her people.
I love how her hair grows out of the helmet in a tail-like shape. This helmet ... it partly works like a face mask, does it? The pose tells me she loves her book, her task. I love the armor design - it has a reptilian touch!
Great job once again, Shadowpath. Like

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 10:51 pm

Embala wrote:
Awesome Troll chicks are gorgeous! You know this, right? There's thoght and plan behind them, a system. They have a tribal and individual background. Individual distinctive design - the generic features. Their individual traits and expressions - both facial and body languge.
Deep Dusk  I love you Did she ever have a Timeless lovemate? She's strangely attractive with her round belly ... ^^ (small boobs for a Troll, tho)
Heheh! I'm very happy to hear you like my troll ladies. They were very fun to draw and think up.
I wouldn't be surprised if she had a roll with one of the Timeless. The Timeless and the Silver Hills trolls are very friendly with each other.
Her chest size is something she had the first drawing I made of her and I thought they looked weirdly cute, so they returned in the final version of her.

Embala wrote:

Oh, have I mentioned that I love the artwork? Very Happy
Very Happy Hearing that makes it worth drawing things!

Embala wrote:
This "canon girl" is pretty. She looks nice and friendly. I like her outfit design, especially the fur collar/scarf. Who is she? Crescent comes to mind first ... but I'm anything but sure!
Evil Evie wrote:
Scouter Scouter Scouter

I agree, she does make me think Crescent, but I'm biased.
Not Crescent. I always liked her hair. She looked very punky with it.

This is what Crescent looks like in my style btw. (Character on the right is one of mine. Name is Shadow-Dancer.)
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_on4ze9T1z91sda8vao1_1280

Embala wrote:
Tiak turned out like a cute mix of Chot and Trof. Very Happy Love his freckles! And Chenah in full armor - shudders at spiky cuisse and vambrace. The heights difference is striking - partly a matter of perspective?

XD the height difference is actually supposed to be bigger because Chenah is gigantic and Tiak is barely in his 20's. Miscalculation on my part. I have been trying to get a better handle on heights lately. (Which I'll be posting later)

Embala wrote:

Back to Padara - this passion and this book makes her outstanding. Characterwise ... and she sounds like a kind of misfit among her people.
I love how her hair grows out of the helmet in a tail-like shape. This helmet ... it partly works like a face mask, does it? The pose tells me she loves her book, her task. I love the armor design - it has a reptilian touch!

Hehe, she isconsidered to be an oddball.
It can work as a facemask if she wants it to.
That's not her hair by the way. It's a helmet plume.
Like this
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_on5444jr7x1s6uavj_540

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 12:03 am

I just wanted to try and get better at drawing size differences between people. I ended up drawing a bunch of Zharo/Darkfire stuff.

I can't remember if I posted this before of a Timeless having fallen off a cliff and being found by two humans.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_on0y5hsajV1s6uavj_540

The Timeless in question is actually Darkfire, the Timeless' leader. 

There’s a really long, convoluted story behind this but I’m going to cut it down as much as I can. 
Another tribe of elves (Bailon’s Children) decide to escalate their feud with the Timeless by fooling (with a Call like the one from ‘Kings’) a small adventuring group Mist Singers elves into assassinating Darkfire and freeing them from the area they’re stuck in. 

(They had the choice between being thrown out of the Shadowgrounds or getting placed in an isolated area. They picked isolation.)

Characters are: Erracin who’s a Mist Singer, High One Zharo and Darkfire.
Erracin is the only one of his group who wasn’t fooled by the Call and was deeply horrified when Vookir (the group’s leader) managed to get Darkfire pushed into a chasm, seemingly killing her.

Erracin is a healer (skill level somewhere above Rain’s but not even close to Leetah’s skill) and he rushed down into the chasm to find Darkfire, only to discover one of the friendly humans of the Shadowgrounds had found her and taken her in. 

They quickly find him as he tries to sneak into their village and bring him to the hut they placed Darkfire in.

He spends several hours healing Darkfire while the Timeless dealing with the rest of the Mist Singers and their attempt to free Bailon’s Children.

Some hours later Zharo finds Darkfire and nearly turns Erracin into a pincushion. 

Vookir gets killed and the rest of the Mist Singers end up locked in with Bailon’s Children. They’re presumably arguing with each other.

Erracin ends up staying with the Timeless since he feels guilty for everything that’s happened and has basically sworn himself to Darkfire.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_on12c4hDFb1sda8vao1_1280
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_on12c4hDFb1sda8vao2_1280

LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 5:34 am

Like always I like your characters and drawings Dewshine
Is there a place where i can read your stories about the Timeless? Your characters and the story/lore snippets intrigue me and I have actually no clue what your (?) EQ universe is about Embarassed

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 11:03 am

LurkingCat wrote:
Like always I like your characters and drawings Dewshine
Is there a place where i can read your stories about the Timeless? Your characters and the story/lore snippets intrigue me and I have actually no clue what your (?) EQ universe is about Embarassed
=D I do have a writing thread called 'Shadowpath tries writing stories' stories, but it's rather cluttered and it's mainly snippets. I'm happy to say your asking seems to have kickstareted my High Ones and I've started writing the beginning of their stories.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 11:44 am

I love the second drawing - it's ... alive. I can see Zharo darting for the bed and clasping his lifemate an instant ago ... *pets drawing muse* Good work!

*baits writing muse" Here Smile ... and stay. There's mooooore ...

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 4:03 pm

Continuation of previous post which takes place at four in the morning.

Darkfire’s been seen to by some much stronger healers, but she’s nowhere close to being well and shouldn’t be leaving her bed.

She can however sense her two sons, Beyond and Dahka arguing over what to do with Bailon’s Children, since the rest of the Timeless are demanding they be banished.

Darkfire is bizarrely forgiving towards the people who nearly killed her, mainly because she fully believes they can’t survive outside the Shadowgrounds, so she wants to stop their banishment.

‘Una’ is Darkfire’s soulname.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_on13n7tseI1sda8vao1_1280

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_on13n7tseI1sda8vao2_1280
Darkfire: They’re fighting.
Zharo: Una?

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_on13n7tseI1sda8vao3_1280
Darkfire: Beyond is going to banish them.
Zharo: Good.
Darkfire: No. Bad.
Zharo: They deserve worse.
Darkfire: NO.
Zharo: YES.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_on6fy9MOn21sda8vao1_r1_1280
Zharo: What they’ve done is comparable to treason, Una.
Darkfire: Stop talking.
Zharo: And they’ve committed it twice!
Darkfire: They can't survive on their own outside. They'd die!
Zharo: Let them.
Darkfire: No.

Zharo: First they abduct Res, keep him locked away for years and now they've dared to try and murder the only person that showed them any mercy. You cannot allow them to stay here so they can try a third time!
Darkfire: I forgive them.
Zharo: I won't. The Timeless won't. Res won't. They will know no peace here.
Darkfire:*Grumbles*

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_on6fy9MOn21sda8vao2_1280
Zharo, switching tactic: Una, come back to bed. you aren't well.
Darkfire: I'm fine.
Zharo: You shouldn't be running around.
Darkfire: I'm fi- *Collapses*
Darkfire: Ugh.

I have other panels planned, I'll post them if I get them drawn.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 7:54 pm

More Zharo/Darkfire, this time coloured. Zharo is just listening intently to her here.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Tumblr_on2wccfAia1sda8vao1_1280

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 pm

I like the first drawing with them both lying on the bed. Darkfire is sleeping - her back turned to the viewer. Zharo lies on his back, guarding her sleep and playing withe some orbs. He looks both caring ad bored - kinda cute. I love that you gave them different positions - makes it natural and ... gives tension picturewise.

Good details at the second one - the board with the bottle and the firepot oven. I like this oven - something you have at home in a similar way? I love that you put enough thought into their way of life to spice your drawings with home comfort details.

My favorite drawing is the third one - it is the most lively, most speaking one for me in this post. You have foreground and background, a seize difference due to perspective and a working pose. Love it.

Same principle with the fourth drawing - I cannot tell you why it doesn't work equally well for me. It seems ... empty. A matter of shadingmaybe? Or the picture composition? Picturewise #3 looks fab for me ... and #4 kinda boring. Unfinished. I tell you because you might be able to figure out the reason and it will help you with future drawings.

The last one is somewhere between the other two. I like how Darkfire collapes - pose and "visible movement" work perfectly.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadowpath's art and whatnot.
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: