Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shadowpath's art and whatnot.

Go down 
+12
LurkingCat
Evil Evie
Outlier
Sifra
Prayer
Cleopatra
Vaeri
Rainflower
Startear
wolfmoonsky
Zadzi
Leanan
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 6:51 pm

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Pyreir10

High One Merheen having a slight argument with firemaker Pyre. This likely looks more violent than intended. These two have a rather weird relationship with each other, but they’re aren’t out murder each other.

Besides being a healer, Merheen is able to manipulate shadows and move inside them.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 7:00 pm

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Mekda211
One thing that typically happens in my verse is Mekda is restored and fully healed. In this case it's the spark of magic above her head that did it. (It was much bigger when it first show up, but it gave her most of its power to recover)

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 6:11 am

Wow I love seeing Medka fully recovered.I love you  Well done and the details with what she created (Gargoyle) and the bunny that flees is awesome!

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 2:12 pm

Thanks!

On a side note: I'm seriously starting to think nobody really read that comic where Ekuar tells their story, nobody has mentioned the callback to it that I put into the drawing.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 2:25 pm

The wolverine chasing the rabbit. Ekuar had created the same scupture for young Mekda. I've definitely read the story - even more I remember the pictures as the collage maker I am.
I've noticed ... recognized ... and loved this nod to the original story. Mekda remembers - after all this time and ordeal she remembers.

Your art is distinctive and fascinating als always, Shadowpath. Looking at your most recent examples I'd swear your art has grown again ... rich and "ripe". (my apologies for the clumsy wording)

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 5:20 pm

You're wording is fine, Embala, thank you.

In my head she doesn't really remember what she went though, she just...knows. Shaping the rabbit and its chaser is something she remembers tho.

Decided Lyre (he's a page back with his friends) has short hair and wanted to draw it. Might sound weird, but I typically can't draw short hair. (Beyond's shoulder length hair is the shortest I can typically do) So here he is without his admittedly odd feathered cap joined by a mask-less Shadow-Dancer.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Lysha10

Last edited by Shadowpath on Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 11:58 pm

I love how strong your work is , Shadowpath. And you're so attuned and connected to your characters, like you listen to them and what they have to say, I love it Smile

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 12:38 pm

Heheh, thanks! They're actually very chatty.

Decided to draw Beyond and Uli since I managed to make them on Flight Rising.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Yonyon10
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 51302474_350

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Uli10
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 52503501_350

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 4:03 am

I especially love the the design of Beyond! 💜 jocolor 💜 I agree with Zadzi that your linear is very strong and beautiful to look at, moreover that you give your characters so much life.  

The facial expressions alone have a story to tell, much like Wendy Pini's talent to tell very much through mimics ....without speech bubbles at all. Well done! 👏👏👏

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Thank you, that's nice to hear!

I have no explanation for this outside of ‘Beyond tackling somebody’ sounded fun. That somebody is Ankar of Blue Mountain.

Nothing is actually happening in the last panel, Ankar just got knocked out after a sending fight.
(I would say it's slightly suggestive but...erm, they just landed like that)

Ankar: Ow.
Beyond: *Pets head*

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Ankary16
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Ankary17

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Ankary18
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Ankary19

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Ankary20

(Also Beyond is quite fun to draw when he's angry)

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 9:33 pm

XD NOT Uli! ... likely no interaction of that kind.

Intense gaze ... movement ... speaking expressions ... and a very pleasing harmonic last panel.

Once again I see the differencies. The progress in developement. Have to love what I see.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 4:21 pm

hey, I like this! Another drawer in here, wink. I have not looked around very much in this forum (should do that more!) I saw your drawing style on a picture of Haken, in the Internet. Can it be, that you had drawn him once?
That one with the clown-hat on picture 2 looks funny (and angry) , I like that panel.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Courts124 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Rayhan264 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Rayhan274 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 6:02 pm

Embala wrote:
XD NOT Uli! ... likely no interaction of that kind.
That has actually happened! Uli was the one doing the tracking tho.

Yeee wrote:
hey, I like this! Another drawer in here, wink. I have not looked around very much in this forum (should do that more!) I saw your drawing style on a picture of Haken, in the Internet. Can it be, that you had drawn him once?

I've draw Haken once where he's just run into one of my High Ones. (Not sure if I posted it here?)

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 6:34 pm

Ah! I put him in his thread, over in Keeping in Character!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 6:37 pm

I have not looked at there, I found it on google when I searched for Haken Razz
this here looks so very mch like your stile, grin

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Haken110
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 6:39 pm

Yup that's mine.
Wow, I gave him so much hair! XD

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 6:44 pm

thats absolutely necessary, he is the only elf who can match Winnie in hair! A whole musical was named after him and his hair! Razz

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Courts124 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Rayhan264 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Rayhan274 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 6:51 pm

Yeee wrote:
thats absolutely necessary, he is the only elf who can match Winnie in hair! A whole musical was named after him and his hair!  Razz
Heheh.

Currently making a map for the island the Timeless live on and wanted to make symbols for the groups that live there. This one belongs to the Jenna, a human tribe.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Jenna10

This one is for the the Timeless themselves.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Tumblr_pxshqkd6hH1w6xsdjo1_540

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 6:08 pm

Made a map of my elves and their neighbours’ home, the Shadowgrounds.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 20190911

The Dehga
, a calm folk that live close to the Wreath Mountains and enjoy garden work so much the Timeless have never not seen one of them at work in one. They are a quiet and meditative people who strive for harmony and betterment in all things.

They took care of Beyond when he was attacked by Ness the bear. They trade their produce at the market.

-

The Jenna are descendants of human children who fled a tribal massacre and were taken in by the Timeless ages ago. Because of this they have demonized the humans outside the Shadowgrounds and consider themselves to be the children of the Timeless.

They wear masks as sign of rejecting their own true nature. They are colourfull and creative and cover most of their body in symbols and colours. They trade dyes,sculptures and fabrics at the market.

-

The Vikanna, originally a band of women and children from a far off land. Best known for abandoning their men and setting their village on fire as they left. They are seafarers and warriors, but have no feuds with any of the other tribes, choosing to focus on hostile outsiders instead.

The Vikanna are a very jubilant lot and will hold very long celebrations for successful hunts. They trade fish from the sea, meat/fur/plants from the Unknown woods.

-

The Timeless are, in a general sense, the creators of the Shadowgrounds, having poured their magic into the ground has noticeably altered the entire land. They are allied with all tribes in the Shadowgrounds

There idea that the Shadowground would go under if the Timeless were destroyed is very real to the people living there and harming the elves have quite extreme punishments. You are lucky if you just banished.

The Timeless strive to regain their lost powers and most would say they have reached their goal after they managed to tear their peninsular into a moving island in an effort to save their human neighbours from the Hoan G'Tay Sho who had attempted to capture people for sacrifice to Blue Mountain.

They trade wines,fruit, vegetables,herbs, fabric, decorations, building material at the market.

Not pictured:

Silverhill trolls: Originally a group split off from Guttlekraw’s group during Greymung’s rebellion and consisted mostly of women and children seeking a better life for themselves. They are ruled by Queen Deep Gleam.

Their relationship with the Timeless is very close and harmonious. Several trolls live in Fire-Rock and several elves live in Deep Shine.

Their domain is located in between the Timeless and the Market.

They trade gold, gems,mushrooms, plants, stonework and metals at the market.

The Niarhn, who live by the large rivers within the great chasms of the Shadowgrounds. They’re quiet and have very little to do with other tribes in general, but aren’t hostile. They saved Darkfire when she was pushed into one of their chasms.

No one actually knows when they showed up. This bothers the Jenna alot.

They’re known to trade fish and crabs at the market every so often.  Their live in between the Jenna and Dehga, by the river.

Other:

The Unknown woods is largely unexplored. Even the Vikanna, who hunt there, haven’t gone too deep.  The Timeless have some suspicion unknown elves live in the massive woods and have for whatever reason, have not reached out to them.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 7:43 pm

WOW ... the Shadowgrounds seem to have developed! Lots of different folk living there (maybe I havn't noticed before because I nerver got the complete picture).

I bet there ARE other Elves in the unknown territory. *wonders whether I will ever learn about them*

Great job on the map, Shadowpath. I love the mystical symbols of the southern tribes. Judging from your description the pumpkin suits the Degha well.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 9:08 pm

Some 'Beyond ends up in Blue Mountain and wants to settle some ancient score with Winnowill, but Glider man Anker discovers him so said Glider gets tackled into his own room'- drawings.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Previe10

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Previe11

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Ankary224 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Ankary21

Ankar got knocked out during a sending match, Beyond is just making sure he's ok. (Ankar is basically harmless, he makes small metallic trees as decorations which Beyond finds out during their little fight.)
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Ankary14

Coloured the these two because I wanted test Ankar's colour scheme but I ended using the colour I'd use for gliders like the Doors and the like. So I ended up colouring the one where Beyond has Ankar on the floor.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Ankary23

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 51e91dba1c21c3ae32b9aebfa9c599b19d01765c

Wanted to draw more of my gliders, so heres Ankar, Danahree and…I’m actually sure. Last girl doesn’t have a name yet since she kinda just decided to follow Beyond and Ankar during Beyond’s displacement into a Blue Mountain.

The one flying behind Danahree is Shadow-Dancer.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 20200210

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 3:49 pm

Been playing around with one of those AI image generators and decided to redreaw one vague image I got when I suggested "Elfquest". They tend to be quite good at making images that give off the right vibes, but they also tend to have a unhinged and mangled quality to them.

This is from NightCafe, which has several styles to work with.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 07ff347a0c970d18ab95221df1b604a45ee33083

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Redraw_image_by_muse_of_chaos_dffv2ns-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTQwNiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzM1NmJiOGFlLTA5ZTQtNGQzZC04OTk4LTY5YzRjNTBlNjAxMVwvZGZmdjJucy0zZWY4NTQ2OC0zOTNiLTRkZGYtYjQyNi1hYTMwNTQzZmRlZDMucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTE5MjAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Dffveod-5c4dc259-aacb-4951-998d-2703731922c9.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzM1NmJiOGFlLTA5ZTQtNGQzZC04OTk4LTY5YzRjNTBlNjAxMVwvZGZmdmVvZC01YzRkYzI1OS1hYWNiLTQ5NTEtOTk4ZC0yNzAzNzMxOTIyYzkucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0

The elf sitting down is Pyre and the other was named High-Bloom by a name generator.
I have no idea what's going on.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 4:19 pm

Great, someone else here playing with the AIs! Very Happy It's really fun and gives you great inspiration. On the original image High-Bloom has a nasty grim face. In your picture she looks a lot more elfy and nicer.

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 4:39 pm

Heeh, you bet I am! High-Bloom's face actually takes the cake when it comes to how mangled they tend to end up.

I might try and redraw this one too.
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 4TFhfyIqGbqWggUmssUU--4--e97i8

For some reason I always end up putting in Rahnee generators and I was honestly shocked by this one I got from Nightcafe.

4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 HMANPNSbZ3YhV1dz6qXI--1--3LNUG

I'm going to draw this at some point, minus the extra arms. (I just love the clothes)
4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 4jWnQ7BXrDP1VaYzULap--1--4zam7

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 5:23 pm

awww, cool!

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadowpath's art and whatnot.   4 - Shadowpath's art and whatnot. - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadowpath's art and whatnot.
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: