Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #14

Go down 
+34
PCoquelin
IceTooth
howler monkey
wingthing
manga
Nightsea
Lurks
ErinC1978
Davrille
jaRf
Redhead Ember
Twopaw
Shadowpath
faeriegirl
Wisp
Zadzi
Miss Gillespie
Miscellaneous
sun girl
Trollbabe
Embala
kathleen3.0
KR Wordgazer
Sifra
Lunakat
Outlier
Startear
Arthis
TrollHammer
Tymber
Stargazer
Multi-Facets
Vaeri
Kaza999
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Arthis

Arthis

Capricorn Dragon

Final Quest #14 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 4:48 pm

Lunakat wrote:
I'm sure they will have come in response to Sunstream. What other explanation would make sense?

They don't seem to have legs, so maybe they can't walk, just crawl and it took them ten years to arrive in the same area where the Wolfriders are...

Last edited by Arthis on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:22 pm

I can't help but think Cutter just ran to where they are. They didn't seem that interested in the call or joining up.

Final Quest #14 - Page 2 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Shadowpath wrote:
I can't help but think Cutter just ran to where they are. They didn't seem that interested in the call or joining up.

How implausible would that be?

sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:48 pm

wingthing wrote:
Tymber wrote:
faeriegirl wrote:
Wendy said this on Facebook: "EVERYBODY! Right now! Stop calling them "tree elves!" Call 'em "fungus amungus" if you want. Anyway, this image could be misleading. You don't know when or even IF we'll meet these new elves. But if we do, rest assured this is not a rehash of LOTR or any established fantasy you've ever read. Keep thinking outside of the box."

It's interesting that, rather than sit back and enjoy fans theorizing about these "non tree elves calling elves" - she's asking people to stop calling them "tree elves." Rolling Eyes

Oh, Wendy, you really don't understand how the Internet works. Now we're all going to call them tree-elves just to spite you!!

Heheh. If she doesn't like people calling them tree-elves, and she doesn't like people comparing EQ to Tolkien (like there is anything in modern fantasy that doesn't owe a ginormous debt to Tolkien), then she'll really hate that I've been calling them Ents.

ENTS ENTS ENTS! NYAH!
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:59 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Shadowpath wrote:

Very. Mind, I don't like the idea either.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 6:37 pm

They've been hiding around the Wolfrider tribe this whole time? Maybe they're the seeds of something goodtree did that went very wrong.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 6:57 pm

Shadowpath wrote:

I agree - I mean, there was that segment where it was shown that they kind of regard it as a nuisance among all the different reactions the elves had. I think again its a case of Cutter stumbling into them or they find him/happen upon him. And most likely tree tits is a healer. Oh sorry, fungus boobs. Whatever.

Final Quest #14 - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 7:01 pm

Wendy manages to consistently seem offended when her work is in any way compared to someone else's no matter what. I kind of don't blame her but she also comes off as super touchy about it, and seems very sensitive whenever there's any comparison to anything that echoes her work from the not-so-distant-past, insinuating that her work influenced that work and not the other way around. I detect very distinct notes of bitterness about this entire area.

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 7:26 pm

sun girl wrote:
wingthing wrote:
Tymber wrote:
faeriegirl wrote:
Wendy said this on Facebook: "EVERYBODY! Right now! Stop calling them "tree elves!" Call 'em "fungus amungus" if you want. Anyway, this image could be misleading. You don't know when or even IF we'll meet these new elves. But if we do, rest assured this is not a rehash of LOTR or any established fantasy you've ever read. Keep thinking outside of the box."

It's interesting that, rather than sit back and enjoy fans theorizing about these "non tree elves calling elves" - she's asking people to stop calling them "tree elves." Rolling Eyes

Oh, Wendy, you really don't understand how the Internet works. Now we're all going to call them tree-elves just to spite you!!

Heheh. If she doesn't like people calling them tree-elves, and she doesn't like people comparing EQ to Tolkien (like there is anything in modern fantasy that doesn't owe a ginormous debt to Tolkien), then she'll really hate that I've been calling them Ents.

ENTS ENTS ENTS! NYAH!

The Ents come marching two by two, hurrah, hurrah...!
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 7:30 pm

Zadzi wrote:
Wendy manages to consistently seem offended when her work is in any way compared to someone else's no matter what. I kind of don't blame her but she also comes off as super touchy about it, and seems very sensitive whenever there's any comparison to anything that echoes her work from the not-so-distant-past, insinuating that her work influenced that work and not the other way around. I detect very distinct notes of bitterness about this entire area.
Same here!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 8:12 pm

yeeeeah i'm gonna keep calling them tree elves until we get a tribe name, cause here's the OMG CRAZY THING: they look like they are made out of wood, and have leaves and/or moss like accessories. fungus is not made out of wood. and hey, thanks to Redlance, we know trees are living in a sense as well! so...yeah.

also gonna agree, wendy does seem to uh...get butthurt fairly often when it comes to elfquest. her and richard. kinda wanna read where wendy said that and see the fans response...any that went groveling "omg almighty wendy, we have sinned, FORGIVE OUR TRANSGRESSIONS!" Razz sorry i'm being excessively mean and enjoying it too much.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 8:14 pm

I know how final quest ends! Cutter reshapes himself to look human, and takes on a new name-- Starlord-- before going awol in a palace pod.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 8:21 pm

I haven't seen these comments by Wendy-- where are they?

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 8:24 pm

first page, last post. i had to do some digging myself. XD faerigirl did link it, yay thank you girl! or in Wingthing's quote up above.

and now i've got that song stuck in my head, DAMNIT WINGTHING!!! XD
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 9:05 pm

Lunakat wrote:
I know how final quest ends! Cutter reshapes himself to look human, and takes on a new name-- Starlord-- before going awol in a palace pod.

That'd never happen. Because Wendy would get offended if someone compared it to Guardians of the Galaxy (Living Trees {Groot}, someone named Starlord {Cutter})... Smile

Final Quest #14 - Page 2 Ba_tym10
Signature image by Embala. <3
Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Lunakat wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:

Not an explaination but... They're living in hiding, and Cutter is looking for a place to hide...
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 12:42 am

So it's possible, if they "ignored" the "Calling"....

What if they're plants (moss, trees, whatever they may be) that have gained life through the constant use of magic impacting them and eventually "granting" them life.

So they could "hear" the call because it's connected to the High Ones (Elf) Magic... but there's no "heed the call" because they are not actually elves.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 2:37 am

Shadowpath wrote:
Lunakat wrote:
Shadowpath wrote:

Very. Mind, I don't like the idea either.

Yeah, there never happened any implausible things in FiQu...

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 7:40 pm

Wendy has always been very touchy... She's right about one thing, though... I think those creatures look more like fungus than like trees...

Tymber wrote:
So it's possible, if they "ignored" the "Calling"....

What if they're plants (moss, trees, whatever they may be) that have gained life through the constant use of magic impacting them and eventually "granting" them life.

So they could "hear" the call because it's connected to the High Ones (Elf) Magic... but there's no "heed the call" because they are not actually elves.
I like this idea.

And about the Tolkien thing: every fantasy story that ever existed has been compared to Tolkien... Rolling Eyes

And I think the art looks very nice on this cover.

Final Quest #14 - Page 2 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 8:08 pm

Sifra wrote:
And about the Tolkien thing: every fantasy story that ever existed has been compared to Tolkien... Rolling Eyes

Yeah... for a reason...
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 8:36 pm

If they weren't elves, why would their torsos be shaped like elves?

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 9:03 pm

I don't buy that they're not elves. Look at the ears. If they weren't elves but whatever else, they wouldn't have that distinct feature, I don't think. And it's very possible they ignored the call because they're more bound to WoTM and possibly even just abhor magic anything or have no connection to it. Which would kind of be fitting considering they're around Cutter and he can't be around any kind of magic right now.

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 9:04 pm

Lunakat wrote:
If they weren't elves, why would their torsos be shaped like elves?

Plus bewbs.

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 9:21 pm

Zadzi wrote:
I don't buy that they're not elves. Look at the ears. If they weren't elves but whatever else, they wouldn't have that distinct feature, I don't think. And it's very possible they ignored the call because they're more bound to WoTM and possibly even just abhor magic anything or have no connection to it. Which would kind of be fitting considering they're around Cutter and he can't be around any kind of magic right now.

But wouldn't Cutter potentially have a huge magic vibe because his "soul" is partially Timmain/High One? (Which, how come Suntop or whatever his name is these days, never picked up on that? Can you tell how much I dislike the idea of this Timmain is a part of Cutter's soul thing?)

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 9:54 pm

Yeah don't get me started that no one in his actual biological family or 'heart family' *insert eye roll * hasn't picked up on that. Especially Sunstream or Leetah. I don't like the Timmain / Cutter dynamic either btw, at all... I'm just pretty sure the way it's written is supposed to 'literal' in the sense of Cutter being the 'non-magical' part of the equation....hence his running away and also shunning anything magical in his freakout.
I think those shroomy beings whether shaped by magic in the past or not have most likely rejected it which is why they look so ....earthy....WoTM-y....whatever lol.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #14
Page 2 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next