Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #15 - Delayed.

Go down 
+31
jaRf
wingthing
Zadzi
sun girl
Sifra
Bluetree
Wisp
namuhna
Miscellaneous
PCoquelin
KR Wordgazer
Shadowpath
Outlier
Vaeri
Startear
Josine
Lurks
ErinC1978
Blackbird
Kindredsoul
Stargazer
Elwing
faeriegirl
Twopaw
G0lden
manga
Miss Gillespie
Multi-Facets
Embala
Lunakat
Tymber
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunakat

Lunakat

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 9:48 pm

Re: hair. I did that once with illustrations for Rapunzel/Tangled products. There was just so much hair to illustrate-- so I copied and pasted a ton of it, warped it, cloned it, etc. it's just a thing you can do. I did it with leaves once too in illustrating a background for a computer game. I was drawing a treehouse-- it was a close up-- and there were a million leaves. So I drew three leaves, grouped them in clusters of threes and twos and singles-- created three different color variations of each cluster (greens) and just pasted that on, rotating it, making a tree with hundreds of leaves that I only had to draw three of. Same thing here. She just reused the curls. Kind of a smart move. The only thing problematic about it is.. If the hair were that long it would be pulling some of the curls flat. And there wouldn't be short curls up at the top of all throughout-- the curly ends would be at the bottom. That's why this looks odd to you guys. But recognizing that, it somehow doesn't really bother me. I'm just like 'oh- she reused those curls. Makes sense. I'd probably do the same thing.' After all- it's only a cover.

Btw-- yes the text has changed. I cut and pasted the original above. So weeks instead of months. I'd buy it.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 10:00 pm

i still maintain my theory this is just some hallucination/vision of Strongbows where he's projecting Timmains "High One-ness" onto Moonshade now that she's immortal.

i mean like, to him...Timmain has always had the super long hair and been naked. and it kinda made sense for Timmain to have the impractically long hair because...well, she doesn't HAVE to do anything practical. so with Moonshade now immortal and becoming more like a High One, he'd envision her with long hair like Timmain.

personally i love the long curls, even if it is unrealistic and a bit weird looking. i just love long hair. i almost wish right now all the female characters had "Timmain length" hair...XD image a Nightfall or Leetah with Timmain long hair! ^^
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 10:20 pm

You also all noticed that she's taller- right?

wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 10:31 pm

considering the SunFolk are at this point or marginally taller than the Wolfriders - and they have had many years to "stretch out " in the aura of the Palace, I think the hallucination/dream theory makes sense. Unless Wendy has once again thrown all the rules out the window, or Moonshade has specifically asked to be fleshshaped to be made taller, there simply isn't time for her have grown that much "on her own"

Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 10:41 pm

Unless she's been doing more off screen "learning and growing" and she shaped herself. Or people who are open to the palace simply grow faster or something.

I don't know. I don't care.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 10:44 pm

Lunakat wrote:
You also all noticed that she's taller- right?
Of course. I just don't care about her height. Her sheet annoys me too much.
I just assumed she 'called' whatever force/magic makes the elves taller to her and accelerated the process.

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 11:22 pm

I shudder to think of the growing pains involved. Hope those magic walls dispense morphine on command.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 11:36 pm

*Read in Lemongrab's voice*
'LESSON OF PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIN!!!'-Timmain.

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 2:10 am

Wisp wrote:
Good memory, Redhead Ember!

Naah.... I cheated. Recently started re-reading all of the entire comics.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Vaeri wrote:
i still maintain my theory this is just some hallucination/vision of Strongbows where he's projecting Timmains "High One-ness" onto Moonshade now that she's immortal.

i mean like, to him...Timmain has always had the super long hair and been naked. and it kinda made sense for Timmain to have the impractically long hair because...well, she doesn't HAVE to do anything practical. so with Moonshade now immortal and becoming more like a High One, he'd envision her with long hair like Timmain.

personally i love the long curls, even if it is unrealistic and a bit weird looking. i just love long hair. i almost wish right now all the female characters had "Timmain length" hair...XD image a Nightfall or Leetah with Timmain long hair! ^^

I believe you are correct.

Because we see Savah, then Timmain, then Moonshade. All people, that were tall, slender, and when Strongbow (or at least Cutter?) first met Savah, they though she was a High One. So I believe you are correct - and it's like when there's Recognition - and sometimes they see a person for what they really are - for example, when Tyldak and Dewshine Recognized - I believe when Strongbow sees Moonshade, this is what he sees her as now.

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 Ba_tym10
Signature image by Embala. <3
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:28 pm

He sees her as a terrible dresser who is too lazy to make her own clothes?

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:32 pm

'It's one thing to have your wolfblood removed, but this!?' D=

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Zadzi wrote:
He sees her as a terrible dresser who is too lazy to make her own clothes?

Well that would be just terribly hypocritical of him-- wouldn't it?

Wisp

Wisp

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:02 pm

I don't have a problem with Moonshade's hair being long, per se. It's just...so huge and oval-shaped. Your technical explanation was helpful, Lunakat, but given the way it juts out all the way down yet is unaffected by gravity, it looks like a big fur rug.

It could just be a vision. Why not. Wish I could come up for a good reason for Strongbow being that color (other than Sonny being Sonny, of course.)
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:17 pm

Maybe Strongbow's gonna die and he's having a vision of her as a high one to draw his soul back to the palace.

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 3:12 pm

With that color, I'd not be surprised if Strongbow is dying.
This is one of the ugliest covers I have ever seen. It all looks very lazy, and Moonshade's new look is ridiculous.

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 4:30 pm

I hate 70% of Sonny's coloring. The one plus is that it's let Wendy put more time into the line art-- which is now great. I think she just didn't have enough time before. Sonny is good at his own style, but he isn't a good colorist. They should hire a colorist, not a friend. But thats just my opinion.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 6:06 pm

I remember a time when "missing colors" were used to transport and enhance a feeling, to illustrate a mood.
Now it often feels like: Oh... have I already tried THIS color for THAT? Anyway, let's see ...

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 12:28 am

I feel half the time like he's just sampling the skin colors from other images and using them on the characters, without regard for lighting or how the colors fit into the scene.

Twopaw

Twopaw

Capricorn Snake

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 1:22 pm

Good afternoon, Cubs and Elders!

I hope I'm not coming into the discussion too late to have this be of any relevance, but I wanted to comment on the possible use of cloned/pasted hair textures in a given pencil & ink (at least in my case) drawing.

Below is a picture I drew a few years ago (reduced in size on my Imgur so that it shouldn't end up doing anyone's browser window in) of a character owned by a good friend of mine prominent in Furry fandom, and one of the few examples I have of my own take on 'real' looking hair on a character I've drawn (her head hair is more or less anthropoid-wise as well as curly).

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 2dzShgM

A lot of the characters I draw (my IC self included) have head hair that look more like modified, shaggy fur than humanlike hair, and in this case the drawing of her hair felt more like I was modelling clay (the 'clay' being the pencil and ink) in a spontaneous effort rather than seeing a 'slab' of hair/fur shaped like hair but looking like fur. I don't mind the latter at all in a drawing, but it's my habit and hair like Shere's is definitely the exception for me, right at the moment.

The Pini's have been good at elf-hair for a lot longer than I have, in any case! ^_^

-2Paw.

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 OaU26Md
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 4:34 pm

I learned how to draw hair off of Wendy Pini and Disney.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:55 am

Concerning the "new body-shapes", so Wendy basically found a barbie doll and realised: "this is what a body should look like"?

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Concerning the "new body-shapes", so Wendy basically found a barbie doll and realised: "this is what a body should look like"?
Laughing Yes that must be it!

15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 1:24 pm

One thing I like about this it that it seems Two-Edge is finally starting to do something about the things he don't like, rather than just run away. I know it doesn't say so outright, but I'd say it's fairly safe to assume that his alliance with Ekuar against Rayek - or probably more Winnowill - is done from an attempt at regaining Venka's friendship (love?). Far cry from the Two-Edge who ran off to sulk in the Troll Caverns when Venka announced her intention to go to the ruins of Blue Mountain with the rest of the Go-Backs.
Of course the fact that Two-Edge is staying in the ruins as well seem to indicate that he's ready to face the demons of his past, so he may finally move forward.
Btw, I don't actually think Venka hates him, she just had to make him understand what horrible effects his actions have had.

And we're definitely not gonna see Go-Backs with guns... don't think Venka would allow it.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 1:45 pm

Those are good points, Red! I see what you are saying about Two Edge. That does seem to indicate that his character has changed on a fundamental level-- though I could easily see him slipping back. I never got the impression that Venka hates him-- just that she wanted him to see outside of himself and understand that his actions have ramifications for others. That's kind of important, considering what he's capable of. I guess it was a gamble as to whether he could process the information or not. But considering what you pointed out, it seems he did.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #15 - Delayed.   15 - Final Quest #15 - Delayed. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #15 - Delayed.
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next