Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Empty
PostSubject: April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 8:01 pm

All stories, poems, lyrics and art, must be ElfQuest related (not necessarily the ElfQuest canon characters, we all know and love; but take place within the "ElfQuest" Universe). Stories/poems/lyrics must contain all elements, while art just needs to contain at least one:

A Joke or Prank
doing your best
Cake
Exitement

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Huh, people are really struggling with this one, huh?

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 3:19 pm

I didn't actually start yet... had an exam paper I needed to get done first. But now I'm gonna go down to business...
To defeat the huns!

Oh... sorry... wrong fandom!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 11:25 am

And here it is:

Baker's Revenge

A wicked plan set into motion;
bread-stealer is getting pranked!

She does the best she can
while hiding her excitement.

The cake has been made,
the trap has been laid.

Now, what's the nature of the prank? That's up to you to decide.

Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 7:18 am

Brilliant poem, Red!!

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:35 am

Thanks. Laughing Pike Laughing Pike
Thought The Baker deserved to have a spot in the limelight.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 10:40 pm

A mischievous little poem, Redhead. Wink

Your poem is a prank in itself! Skywise gets pranked - and the reader as well because you cleverly avoid the necessity to actually think up a prank! XD And thus the obvious poem becomes cryptic... Ember

You think you'll know how the background pic will look? Razz

April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Bakers10

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 10:00 am

Guess it's a good thing I didn't specify the nature of the prank... was certain it was Pike who stole the bread, in which case the prank would've had to involve his dreamberries...

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:12 am

Ooops Ember -  but Skywise is pretty much into dreamberries too, Redhead!

Speaking of Pike ... Laughing Pike

April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Gb_20119

a prank - that's what I consider the wine for Egg
doing his best - when he failed to save Vaya
a joke - of sturdy Go-Back style (yup, I've used "both" elements ^^)
exitement - his reaction when he finally found out about the meaning of the dreams
a cake - bear with me ... if you order a cake consider that I will bake one

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 11:37 pm

Just quickly writing these as challenge to myself before my lunch at work is over... here's the next one...

April 2016:
https://fathertreeholt.forumotion.com/t656-april-2016-grab-bag-stories-art-poetry-lyrics-etc
A Joke or Prank
doing your best
Cake
Excitement

Stream had been out collecting flowers, when Stillbreeze’s voice startled her like a loud noise. “Does he know?”

Stream looked up in the tree just as Stillbreeze jumped down from the branch. “Does who know what?”

“Buren,” Stillbreeze replied. “Does he know you want a child?”

“A child,” Stream tried to brush away the idea.

“I’ve seen. You touch your stomach frequently. Wishing the seed to grow,” Stillbreeze commented, placing her own hand on Stream’s stomach. “Even if you still had your ability to heal, do you think it could have been possible – a mating between elf and human?”

“I would have never thought it possible, no,” Stream confessed placing her hand over Stillbreeze’s hand. “But there have been stories about a troll who is both elf and troll that once existed – or perhaps still exists. How did that happen? Undoubtedly with a healer’s magic.”

Stillbreeze smiled. “You love him, and he loves you, yes?”

Stream smiled. “Yes. He loves me more than anyone ever has.”

Stillbreeze patted Stream’s stomach, “Then the seed has already been planted. Sometimes, a tree takes a long time for its roots to take hold and for it to rise from the soil and spout its branches.”

Stream wrapped her arms around Stillbreeze. “I am so fortunate to know you,” she wept excitedly, “and Vineweaver is so fortunate to have such a wise and wonderful soulmate. Your cubs are what any of us hopes our cubs become. You have always done your best at everything you do; whether it was a mate, a mother or even as our Chieftess, when our own chief was ill.”

Stillbreeze smiled, “As you said, I am fortunate to have a wonderful mate and cubs; and the tribe I have has been wonderful. We’ve all endured so much together. Now come with me. My cublings have prepared something special for you.”

Stream followed, uncertain how she should feel. Her cublings, especially Windfetcher was notorious for being a prankster, in her display of trying to show why she’d be the next great chieftess. Instead, as they entered the Stonehowl Cave, there her cubs were, with an odd thing they had forged together, from various components.

“What is that?” Stream asked with a raised eye brow.

“My cublings have called it a cake,” Stillbreeze smiled, “a made up word from my youngest, Snowspring.”

“What is it for?” Stream asked.

“It’s been almost exactly another turn of seasons since you rescued Buren’s life,” Stillbreeze answered.

“And I wanted to thank you,” Buren’s voice came from the darkness; just as all the elves of Stonehowl began to howl. “By telling you how much you mean to me.”

REGULAR SURVIVING STONE HOWL:

• Shadow (Male Soul Name: Tyru) – Black Hair, Tanned, Green Eyes (Elder brother to Purespring, Chief)
• Foxhair (Female Soul Name: Loun) – Red Hair, Green Eyes (Hunter)
• Snowspring (Female, Soul Name: Tylo – Black Hair, Green Eyes) – Seven years old. Daughter of Shadow and Foxhair.
• Spearclaw (Male, Soul name: Lren) – Brown Hair, Green Eyes (Scout)
• Vineweaver (Male Soul Name: Reyk) – Auburn Hair, Blue Eyes (Tree shaper, Soul Mate of Stillbreeze, Plant Shaper)
• Stillbreeze (Female Soul Name: Hewl) – Brown Hair, Brown Eyes (Soul Mate of Vineweaver, Tanner)
• Echo (Male Soul Name: Ayav) – Brown Hair, Green Eyes (Cub of Stillbreeze & Vineweaver, Magic)- About Sixteen years old.
• Windfetcher (Female Soul Name: Burm) – Auburn Hair, Brown Eyes (Cub of Stillbreeze & Vineweaver, Next Potential Chief… If She Has Her Way!) – About sixteen years old
• Snowcloud (Female, Soul Name: Mill) – White Hair, Green Eyes (based off white lions)
• Stream (Female Soul Name: Vree) – Red Hair, Green Eyes (Healer)
• Buren (Human, Brown hair, hazel eyes) – About 18 years old in human years

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc   April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc Empty

Back to top Go down

April 2016 Grab-Bag- Stories, Art, Poetry, Lyrics, Etc
Page 1 of 1