Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Final Quest

Go down 
+38
sun girl
Davrille
Trollbabe
Miscellaneous
faeriegirl
Josine
howler monkey
Nibblet
Stormcatcher
Embala
manga
kathleen3.0
Redhead Ember
Kindredsoul
Outlier
Tymber
Elwing
Lunakat
Stargazer
Multi-Facets
Vaeri
Miss Gillespie
Kojiyumi
wingthing
KR Wordgazer
Wiseshaman
Blackbird
wolfmoonsky
PCoquelin
Soreyes
Multimedea
Merelf
G0lden
ChristinaRaibert
MrsGrizzley
Timmain
TrollHammer
truelight
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Merelf

Merelf

10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 12:26 am

@Outlier
It is very well possible that the space travelers won't leave the choice of going or staying up to the elves. Especially if they refuse to come out of free will they may become hostile and just take (most of) them. If Jink is the product of Skywise and Starchild it is clear that will stay with Cutter and thinks of him as her father. Maybe Cutter will hide/abduct her thinking "If I can't have him I'll have his daughter."
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:22 pm

I don't know, Merelf- child abduction doesn't seem like something Cutter would do... especially given his history! I would bet that it's likely Cutter raises Jink. That makes me think something might happen to Skywise that makes him unable somehow to raise his own daughter.

Regarding fashion statements:

Someone suggested that Cutter's new costume was a result of him getting dressed up to greet the newcomers. That's cute! It makes me wonder about Skywise's headpiece. He's not wearing it on the cover of #10. Presumably, at some point, someone will stick a star in the center of it. My guess was always that it would somehow break and Treestump would 'tape' it together with the decorative star.

Maybe that is happening at this point?

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 12:15 am

Well, just got caught up here. New relationships eh? Well we will have to wait for July. Just got my order placed. things are getting interesting.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 12:35 am

Kindredsoul wrote:
Maybe Sunstream's sending reached beyond the WoTM....

PCoquelin wrote:

10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 Thumbs13

Nice try, Kin, but Wendy herself had already stated that..

.. There are...

10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 Suntop10

...limits.

Outlier wrote:
But didn't she also state that the influence of the palace extended well beyond the planet, even past the moons or the sun?

This theory has been pointed out several times in various discussions. The latest being with Rayek and how he blew up that ravine in the mountain that separated the Go Backs from the Palace indefinitely.

I was thinking along the same lines.... the Palace and the spirits aiding to extend Sunstream's sending, even without Sunstream realizing it himself... or maybe he does and it's just not revealed yet. After all, it's been said time and time again that the spirits reside within the Palace... so could it be possible that spirits of the past High Ones knew to reach his "Calling" beyond the planet itself?

Cuz I was thinking.... the two moons have always played such an impact throughout the EQ story... whether in song, or howls, or a "sense", or a "pull", or simply just "being" present throughout the entire EQ saga....Not just ornaments that make the planet different from our one moon Earth.

The 2 moons serve a purpose.

Maybe more so than was ever led on.

So it just makes me wonder if there have been "Hidden ones" there watching... waiting... all along, in their own "Palace"

just a hunch....

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:29 am

I was just thinking about the cover to issue 10...

The stars around the girl could mean a couple of things. They could mean that she just shapechanged- or they could mean that she is shapechanged- and that Skywise is seeing her soul, rather than her body. (That could account for Cutter's disturbed look! Maybe she's ugly as heck in her current form!) I'm leaning, in the realm of guesses, toward her being a shapechanger. And I was thinking about his dream in "Dreamtime." Wouldn't it be cute if, after he recognized her, she shaped herself to fit his memories of Starjumper? It would be very literal- but also a nice fit to his dream.

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 4:51 am

Kindredsoul wrote:
The 2 moons serve a purpose.

Oh!...

I sure wouldn't like being on a shore...

10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 PC657_FC_Suntop3Av

...when some conjunction of the two moons happens.

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 7:51 am

When Skywise fantasises about Timmain (lessons of pain) he brushes these thoughts away because he think they are improper or sth like that.

Timmain shaping down to match his size makes sense IMHO (even if it's just for the sake of making the sex-scene easier to draw). And her face would certainly change due to process (tall elves have dignified faces, small elves are more on the cute side).

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 9:54 am

Rayek and Winnie - not to mention Skywise and Aroree - managed the height difference just fine. To quote a different series, "height doesn't matter when you're lying down." Wink
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 10:05 am

manga wrote:
Rayek and Winnie - not to mention Skywise and Aroree - managed the height difference just fine. To quote a different series, "height doesn't matter when you're lying down."  Wink

My thought too. That is why I have a hope that the girl isn't Timmain.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 10:31 am

manga wrote:
Rayek and Winnie - not to mention Skywise and Aroree - managed the height difference just fine. To quote a different series, "height doesn't matter when you're lying down."  Wink

Or floating mid-air! Skywise Wink

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:51 pm

i'm gonna throw my vote in for Timmain NOT being Starchild. my biggest reason why is when we've seen Timmain shapechange, it's ALWAYS been into animals. wolf, bird, hawk. and when the High One's changed from Conehead to High One, they seemed to have maintained their height. so probably to her, height has about as much meaning as time does, which is probably none. not to mention, even if Timmain shapeshifted to another height if she could, she couldn't change her hair. WHERE DID ALL THE HAIR GO HUH?

....i also wish now Timmain's eyes would stop changing color, in the beginning they were gold, now their silver....that or Timmain is having too much fun with colored contacts...

anyways, i rather like the idea that perhaps he is seeing her soul, ala Tyldak and Dewshine. but i like even better the idea she's shifting to an elfin form, a very unexpected surprise for Skywise! hasn't it been speculated for years that a tribe of elves could live on one of the two moons?
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 2:06 pm

You know, this begs the question: why didn't Dewshine see Tyldak as a Conehead? You could make the argument that what she saw was Tyldak's view of himself, but I doubt that she really pictures herself as that furred, fanged creature.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 2:37 pm

well...assumedly we are seeing their soul. and...i guess your soul is who you are when you're born? O.o. i mean i imagine if we saw Timmain's soul, she'd be a Conehead, but Tyldak was born an elf.

just musings, but that is actually a very good question...how did the elves stay elves, and why were they not born Coneheads?
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 4:19 pm

My guess that when the Coneheads-come-High-Ones first changed into that form they changed all the way down to their genetics. But later, when Timmain changed into a wolf, she wasn't able to bring the change that deep.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:14 am

manga wrote:

Yes, but did we ever see a love-making scene between two elves with different heights? Aroree and Skywise only hugged and Winnie always looks like a puppeteer with Rayek (poor guy).

Sure, she, Timmain, does have different hair, but her real form doesn't have any hair at all, so why should she stay with one hair style? She can choose between different fur colours when in wolf form, too.

The special relationship between Timmain and Skywise is soo heavily hinted. The same way that the very special recognising of Skywise soo heavily hinted (just think of the one HY issue when they talk about recognition).

Changing her into a bumpier Starchild has the advantage of showing her with new facial expressions than usual two (bland or ferocious) without breaking her canon presentation (of either bland or ferocious).

However, I'd actually appreciate if was someone else than Timmain in the end.

Something else, I wonder if the reason why Strongbow -and supposedly Cutter, two of the elves with the strongest aversion of the palace, live there in Future Quest is that the souls of their dead beloved ones are bound to it.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:36 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
manga wrote:

Yes, but did we ever see a love-making scene between two elves with different heights? Aroree and Skywise only hugged and Winnie always looks like a puppeteer with Rayek (poor guy).

That scene where Aroree and Skywise are floating in free air (tried to find it, couldn't.) I'm pretty sure they're doing a bit more than hugging. Skywise Wink

Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 8:33 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
Miss Gillespie wrote:
manga wrote:

That scene where Aroree and Skywise are floating in free air (tried to find it, couldn't.) I'm pretty sure they're doing a bit more than hugging. Skywise Wink

10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 Captur12

This one?
They are not just hugging Wink

Edit: Look at the colours....I do miss this...

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 9:33 am

Yeah. Miss the hand coloring too. And those fabulous inks. They had some very good inkers back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:58 am

bow chicka bow wooooow..... Rayek Devil

not to mention Tyldak and Dewshine! and we all KNEW they dd the vertical tango. sadly there actually is no other Tall elf/Short elf relations are there..? O.o jeez. the tall elves just can't get no love. XD
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 12:03 pm

I'm sure they would if they asked. Free love and all that. ^n_n^

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:00 pm

Trust me on this one. Height differences do not prohibit intimate relations. If a couple wants to do that, they will figure it out. All you need are the working parts...

Actually, I take that back. All you need is the will to figure it out. If two girls or two guys can do it and enjoy it, then you don't even need all the parts.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:07 pm

Behold:

Peter Dinklage and much taller wife awesome, happy parents!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2312751/Game-Of-Thrones-star-Peter-Dinklage-holds-little-princess-daughter-Zelig-air.html

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:51 pm

thank you! i was actually thinking, i've seen this in real life a few times. couples consisting of little people with regular height people. definitely boggles the mind a little, but hey it's possible!

so her shapeshifting, if she can, to a smaller size isn't really gonna make things easier.
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 2:16 pm

I was going to talk about chihuahuas and great Danes but I decided against it.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 4:24 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:

Something else, I wonder if the reason why Strongbow -and supposedly Cutter, two of the elves with the strongest aversion of the palace, live there in Future Quest is that the souls of their dead beloved ones are bound to it.

And there it is again ... this odd feeling ...

In the beginning, during the OQ - Siege - Kings story arc, I had the impression that Cutter would "go full circle". That we will see his death in the end.

Then I noticed how often it was mentioned that Leetah would outlive him. That she would see him die.
And Skywise let remove his wolf blood - because he was afraid to die?
And Cutter's promise - that he would "fly with Skywise" after his death.
Last not least the rumor, the "teaser picture" of Cutter as Master of the Palace in Futurequest ...

All this gave me another idea - a twist to turn things upside down. What IF ... mortal Cutter would survive - and his immortal soulmates would die? That's a possible future that sticks for years now.
With a variation - that Timmain will die as well. Maybe together with Skywise, her recignized mate ... after she gave birth to Jink.

Just thoughts, mind games ... schemes as good and bad as others.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   10 - The Final Quest - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Quest
Page 9 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next