Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Final Quest

Go down 
+38
sun girl
Davrille
Trollbabe
Miscellaneous
faeriegirl
Josine
howler monkey
Nibblet
Stormcatcher
Embala
manga
kathleen3.0
Redhead Ember
Kindredsoul
Outlier
Tymber
Elwing
Lunakat
Stargazer
Multi-Facets
Vaeri
Miss Gillespie
Kojiyumi
wingthing
KR Wordgazer
Wiseshaman
Blackbird
wolfmoonsky
PCoquelin
Soreyes
Multimedea
Merelf
G0lden
ChristinaRaibert
MrsGrizzley
Timmain
TrollHammer
truelight
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Outlier

Outlier

19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 12:11 am

Well, I think most stories rely on someone acting illogically, doing something that, if anyone thought about it wouldn't make sense. Let's go into the dark house. The bad guy's dead, let's walk away. Hijinks ensue.

I just reread "All But Blood", and I'm thinking that Ember didn't get her will to refuse Recognition from Leetah. In that story, after Skywise and Cutter find each other's soul-names, it says "A choice is made". I think at that point Cutter decided what the relationship would be and kind of pulled back from it being more than brothers. So maybe that's their relationship - Skywise is more committed to it. Maybe, since that closeness is harder for Skywise, it means more to him. And maybe Cutter won't realize how much it means to him until it's threatened.

I think it that it does maybe sum up how the final quest will go. Cutter says it's his dream to have everyone be one, even trolls and elves, and Skywise says that it's his job to to protect Cutter, no matter what. So if that's what Wendy is pointing to as a clue for the final quest, I would say Skywise is definitely doomed.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 1:02 am

Outlier wrote:
Well, I think most stories rely on someone acting illogically, doing something that, if anyone thought about it wouldn't make sense. Let's go into the dark house. The bad guy's dead, let's walk away. Hijinks ensue.
You have an excellent point! As does Manga! Of course the story revolves around Cutter- he's the hero. And I guess, if he made the right decision every time, there would be no real story.

Quote :
I just reread "All But Blood", and I'm thinking that Ember didn't get her will to refuse Recognition from Leetah. In that story, after Skywise and Cutter find each other's soul-names, it says "A choice is made". I think at that point Cutter decided what the relationship would be and kind of pulled back from it being more than brothers. So maybe that's their relationship - Skywise is more committed to it. Maybe, since that closeness is harder for Skywise, it means more to him. And maybe Cutter won't realize how much it means to him until it's threatened.
That makes so much sense. I always thought it was appropriate for Cutter to decide where they took things- because he was the younger party. Skywise certainly looked like he could go either way in that scene.

Quote :
I think it that it does maybe sum up how the final quest will go. Cutter says it's his dream to have everyone be one, even trolls and elves, and Skywise says that it's his job to to protect Cutter, no matter what. So if that's what Wendy is pointing to as a clue for the final quest, I would say Skywise is definitely doomed.
Oh my god- you're probably right! I hadn't even thought of that. But yes, that's Cutter's definitive goal... and Skywise's stated purpose as well.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 6:39 am

Either way- you know someone's going to get shot. You never show a gun in act one without setting it off in act three.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 10:40 am

If Skywise is doomed, I think he will do as Skot did, and father one last child before he becomes a permanent part of the Palace wallpaper.

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Skywise isn't doomed. Mr. Pini gave him plot armor a long time ago.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:28 pm

"... only to confront greater horror! The metal skin he wears is not proof against a fatal strike!" (OQ #19)

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 4:09 pm

Wow, that was like watching a chess game.  Check and mate, so quick!  *applauds Multi-Facets and Embala.*
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Multi-Facets wrote:
Skywise isn't doomed. Mr. Pini gave him plot armor a long time ago.

Are you on FB? Wendy has been doing a lot of evil grinning lately. Maybe she has managed to kill off Skywise without Richard being able to stop her.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Or maybe she's been throwing us red herrings, and it's Leetah who bites it...
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 8:23 pm

(Well, they killed off the Scroll... )

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 10:03 pm

Maybe neither of them dies. There's already discussion of how the palace is changing them, and the comment from Leetah about how humans are so hard to heal because they are so stuck in their forms. Winnowill found that Cutter ' s flesh did not respond to her shaping. (Ugh! My tablet keeps changing Winnowill to Windows ll. Maybe it will make her more user-friendly.)

Maybe Skywise and Leetah become...something else. And I suspect they will do it as a sacrifice to save Cutter. ( Because, yes, it is all about him, tasty morsel that he is. Twisted Evil )

That's it! On the cover, Skywise has just undergone mitosis!

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 11:54 pm

No, I'm not on Facebook, Redhead Ember. I never felt the need for it. (shrug)

Not sure where the chess analogy came from, but it's oddly flattering. Thank you, manga.

Maybe Skywise will close himself off from Cutter, the way Cutter had to close off in the Palace War. And it's too much for Cutter to deal with, hence the freakout.

On another topic, Two-Edge can send now thanks to Leetah's attempt to heal his mind. Does that mean he could potentially Recognize? And if he can, why does Leetah think Pike can't even though he can send just fine?

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 3:35 am

Multi-Facets wrote:
On another topic, Two-Edge can send now thanks to Leetah's attempt to heal his mind. Does that mean he could potentially Recognize? And if he can, why does Leetah think Pike can't even though he can send just fine?

And yet it doesn't seem like Two-Edge is hearing The Call...
As for Pike being able/not being able to recognize; where do you get the impression that Leetah thinks he won't? In HY20 she says the following:

"Oh, Pike. Don't say that. Just because Rain -- helped you arrive doesn't mean you can't recognize."

Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 3:41 am

Ah, I misremembered then. Thank you for the correction.

I'm gonna revise my theory on Skywise: He closes off his link to Cutter for some reason, but so thoroughly that Cutter thinks he's dead and flips out.

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 6:47 am

Some elves have to die for the drama (hey, it's final quest and it's about leaving TWOM). Skywise is a bit too important to be off'ed "just like that", but that doesn't mean he can't die (for the plot's sake).

There are probably several Go Backs about to die soon (maybe when one half already crossed the river and the other one is attacked by misfit trolls).

Hmm, Angrif really does takes his time, doesn't he? With #10 ten years have passed and between it and #9 less than 30 pages of story happened.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 9:01 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Some elves have to die for the drama (hey, it's final quest and it's about leaving TWOM). Skywise is a bit too important to be off'ed "just like that", but that doesn't mean he can't die (for the plot's sake).

There are probably several Go Backs about to die soon (maybe when one half already crossed the river and the other one is attacked by misfit trolls).

Hmm, Angrif really does takes his time, doesn't he? With #10 ten years have passed and between it and #9 less than 30 pages of story happened.

And you don't think Ruffel and Krim are elves?
But, yeah, some Go-Backs are gonna bite it!

As for Angrif taking his time, well he wants a big fleet! Making one is gonna take time...

Issue 9 preview:

By the time of issue 9 he haven't really begun building it yet.
Now of course the question remains how his health will cope! Krim Grin

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 11:50 am

[quote="Redhead Ember"]
Miss Gillespie wrote:
Some elves have to die for the drama (hey, it's final quest and it's about leaving TWOM). Skywise is a bit too important to be off'ed "just like that", but that doesn't mean he can't die (for the plot's sake)

And you don't think Ruffel and Krim are elves?
But, yeah, some Go-Backs are gonna bite it!

Yes, they are elves, as in disposable elves... :/

See, one of my favourite elves is Clearbrook. Even though, I understand that she is disposable - story wise. Wendy could kill her off for the drama without getting to the 'core elves'
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 5:15 pm

I'm glad you've enjoyed it, manga. Smile It was such a self-evident response ...

*sigh* No elf should die!

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 11:07 pm

All Elves are disposable. No Troll should die.
Twisted Evil

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 1:32 am

Cutter has had that kind of expression on his face before, and it usually wasn't serious. As far as him leaving Skywise alone in the forest before, well, he was really young back then. I think he was twenty -eight(?), and even for a wolfrider, that's not that old. Not to mention, he had just spent his entire life as a much beloved chief's cub, so he was a bit spoilt. Also, since he's younger than Skywise, there is a certain older sibling dynamic there wherein you often get told to go away and be quiet, so even in adulthood, that feeling that the best way to help is to leave them alone, it's still there.

TBH, I find I don't much care if Skywise lives or dies. I don't find him very interesting as a character, and I wouldn't miss him.
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 3:50 am

Sigh. I can't get over the cold, synthetic colors. And also, most of the rest. The Final Quest just isn't doing it for me, but I guess I will have to keep on buying. Support your childhood heroes, even if they clearly despise you!
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 5:15 am

Just a thought about Shuna and the fact that she'll eventually learn how to send.
I'm guessing she'll find out she can send by receiving a sending, because after all why would she attempt to send herself if she's of the - understandable - belief that she can't?
So, I wonder; does she hear The Call as well?

Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:35 am

Interesting thought about Shuna. But I don't think she can hear it, since it seems like don't even Two-edge can, and he has actual elfblood, but again, Shuna has been affected by elfmagic, so that could work differently.

...I don't know really about Two edge by the way, but it didn't seem like he heard it?

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 9:31 am

Two-Edge apparently not hearing The Call is actually kinda confusing; we know he can send. Whereas with Shuna while we know she will eventually learn how to send, we don't know if she can do so "now".

Maybe he's just ignoring it.

Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 9:32 am

That could be, he could be embracing his trollside mostly these days Smile

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   19 - The Final Quest - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Quest
Page 11 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 28  Next