Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Final Quest

Go down 
+38
sun girl
Davrille
Trollbabe
Miscellaneous
faeriegirl
Josine
howler monkey
Nibblet
Stormcatcher
Embala
manga
kathleen3.0
Redhead Ember
Kindredsoul
Outlier
Tymber
Elwing
Lunakat
Stargazer
Multi-Facets
Vaeri
Miss Gillespie
Kojiyumi
wingthing
KR Wordgazer
Wiseshaman
Blackbird
wolfmoonsky
PCoquelin
Soreyes
Multimedea
Merelf
G0lden
ChristinaRaibert
MrsGrizzley
Timmain
TrollHammer
truelight
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28
AuthorMessage
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 3:20 am

I think they've basically confirmed that Jink isn't going to be mentioned in this story. Wendy says Jink's story is for someone else to tell, apparently? Pike Stunned
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 3:32 am

It's enough to include Jink when her birth is shown as a "bubble" in the screen credits (or just mentioned someone - Timmain? - is pregnant)

Same with the Trolls. Palace takes off, passes the moons and drops Drub's band . Picky & Co. stay in the Palace ...

... aso.

Would fit in the "picture bubble" telling we've seen several times now during Prologue and FQ. Saves a lot of storytelling time.

Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 4:11 am

Yeah, I could see that happening.
Back to top Go down
Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 6:23 pm

It feels like I'm breaking up with ElfQuest. We both have just changed too much to keep this relationship going. I don't know if I can give myself to ElfQuest for another two years.
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 3:14 am

Oh my lord...the Elfquest we all know and love is like Teir #1, and Final Quest is Teir #2: whiny, irrational, and makes zero sense.

I'm just here for the popcorn, really.
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 4:14 pm

I just reread SatS and Discovery today... and something struck me.

Check out the last page of Discovery here: yes click here
It says "somewhere... somehow... there will always be a Holt!"

.... now that we are halfway through the Final Quest... especially now after issue 13/14... will this statement still hold true???

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 6:01 am

Just re-read the whole FinalQuest from special to #14 this weekend...
The pacing really isn't bad like I thought. It's the 2 month wait between the issues that makes it appear much slower than it is...

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 6:09 am

faeriegirl wrote:
It says "somewhere... somehow... there will always be a Holt!"

.... now that we are halfway through the Final Quest... especially now after issue 13/14... will this statement still hold true???
I REALLY hope so ... the Wolfriders ... the Holt ... the "real life", love and family and cubs ... that's ELFQUEST for me.

HighOnes/Coneheads in the Palace and on the spirit plane ... guess it can make an interesting story but not capture my attention anywhere close compared to the abode-bound elves. For me it would be a pity if they go full circle and become mainly spiritual mental exploreres again.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 11:30 pm

I think the holt is going to end up being in the palace or on another planet.

We relate to the Wolfriders because they are more similar to us and therefore easier to understand. I think the High Ones were always meant to be remote. By calling Timmain 'mother', the Wolfriders were couching her in terms they could understand... but they are now realizing how outside of their realm of experience she is. And the reader is right there with them. It would be interesting to learn more about Timmain. She is so extremely alien.

Wisp

Wisp

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 3:32 pm

I read Jink and Rebels waaaay back when the individual comics were being released, and then only once. Neither were series I particularly enjoyed and I have no desire to revisit them now. That being said, I seem to recall that at the time of Futurequest, one of Abode's 2 moons is essentially a "no fly zone" off-limits to humans, and it's covered (at least in part) with forests. The government had a photo of elf-shaped Jink that was taken there. Maybe the moon will be terraformed to create a new, isolated holt for the Wolfriders. It always struck me as odd that Moonshade stressed that the palace's sphere of influence encompasses the planet's moons. That seemed like such a random piece of information, but maybe it's set up to explain the coming transformation. Just spit-balling.

I don't see how the Wolfriders remain on-planet, but I too would be sad to see their way of life totally eradicated. Though I'm not sure sticking them in a moon zoo would make me happy either. Maybe there could be a holt in the palace. Anything's possible with magic, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Wisp

Wisp

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 10:27 pm

Enh, never mind. Looks like she was on some orbiting forested biosphere. My memory stinks, but I don't think I can bring myself to look at any more Jink right now. I don't blame Wendy for not wanting to touch that story with a ten foot pole.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 11:47 pm

I think the trolls had been on the moon or something. But they disappeared

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Quest   1 - The Final Quest - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Quest
Page 28 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28