Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elfquest fashion disasters

Go down 
+23
Trollbabe
Embala
jaRf
Josine
Sifra
LurkingCat
manga
kathleen3.0
Zadzi
Bluetree
Shadowpath
anj tuesday
G0lden
Vaeri
Elwing
Nibblet
Jeppe
Prism
Redhead Ember
Lunakat
faeriegirl
Leanan
Kindredsoul
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 3:35 am

I remember Dewshine wearing a fringed jacket at on time. Ugh, those were ugly when they were popular.

jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 9:21 am

Manga, Zadzi, Vaeri wrote:

All. The. Buckles. What's he doing, trying to lock himself in?
I don't have much to complain about in Rayek's outfit...
the bucke outfit i....always kinda sorta liked it...

I see, Rayek manages to polarize even with his outfits. Wink

However, I do understand manga's concern now better, even though I don't share all the points. I also wondered how that middle part would just be held from slipping down, but then, several Elfquest outfits seem more festive or fancy than made for practical use (not only Rayek's stuff). So I didn't really judge that aspect.
I acknowledge that it might be a bit of a mix of styles, but then, hey, I think the sun villagers gave him that outfit and I mean, well, it works for me. I count all the outfits as fantasy outfits and the elfin taste does not have to follow the rules some of our societies might have. So there is a lot okay and fine for me.
Maybe it is meant as a hommage to the hot times in the desert (lightweight, for warm days, skimpy) but capes and stuff look good on some master of arcane arts, especially when you can fly, so they just combined it. (Besides, Rayek + occasional skimpyness doesn't hurt Wink)

Quote :
... more "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition"

Tehee. Maybe we should do one of those with Elfquest characters. Wink

On the nipple baring thing: I noticed that also on a few other occasions (characters). But then... I mean, why get upset about it? There are more than enough bare chested shots of elves (occasionally even the female ones) but there it doesn't seem to be much of a problem? What exactly is it that upsets people here? (I have maybe an idea but don't want to ask suggestive questions that might force answers in directions.)

Elwing wrote:
It a superhero type costume, in a non-superhero prehistoric setting.

Rayek is ahead of the times, of course. Wink
But yes, it does look a little super-heroish. But that's okay for me. Smile

Quote :
Wendy says the buckles are stiff fabric.

I remember something like this, too and it doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, it looked like metal all the time and metal one would likely expect. But just fabric? Would be of ornamental value only.

Zadzi wrote:
I always thought Rayek's shoes were completely inappropriate for hunting

Actually that bothered me too. Since I am going through a lot of Rayek outfit related stuff for the calendar thing, I also ran into these flip-flop sandal things and I wondered if that would ever be good for climbing, running or anything else of his sportive activities.
(But then, a good bunch of outfits Wendy drew would not fit elven daily circumstances. Rather festive dresses or something.)

What bothered me are also the tons of detail on his jewelery or ornament features on headbands, belts and everywhere. It's okay in terms of fashion or beauty but having to draw that stuff is horrible. Wink

I wonder how Wendy managed to draw all that stuff in every frame over all the pages. But maybe his FQ outfit is rather simple for that reason?

Sifra wrote:
I should make a comic about elfs in loincloth trying to hunt...

The loincloth in general: It depends. A lot of indigenous people have kinds of loincloth and still manage to hunt. On the other hand, yes, flapping and being long enough to be a danger of getting entangled or even stepping on it... or having jackal wolves clinging their teeth to it...
http://elfquest.com/read/index.php?s=HY/HY09&p=6
http://elfquest.com/read/HY/HY09/hy09-6.jpg
Waaah! Smile
But feel free to do that comic, Sifra!

Zadzi wrote:
Suntop, The see-through sheer shirt makes me gnash my teeth.

That was in the later times, right? The modern art style?
I think it's sometimes more that Wendy just loves drawing fancy dresses.
Venka once had this... thing. That ... thing. It looked highly impractical. I must look for a picture, but I think it was this kind of greenish(?) silk stuff and Venka looked in it like she could stumble over it any moment. And it somehow shifted her whole figure to something wobbly.

Vaeri wrote:
Leetah's leaf cloak... DID NOT like Cutter's version of it http://elfquest.com/read/KOBW/KOBW01/kobw01-9.jpg

He does look a bit old in it. When I first saw it I think I was thinking of old, moth-bitten rags torn out of an ancient chest. Though the partner look with Leetah is actually okay.

Quote :
"Borat-style" man-monokini

Teheh. Just because it reminds people of Borat? Wink Didn't Tyldak have some fur-outfit like that, too? Or was that maybe actually natural fur? I have that action figure of him here and THAT really is Borat-style. Very Happy

Ah. One fashion desaster I can make out for me. I hope it counts as fashion: All the tons of makeup. Especially on some sun villager girls. It's not an outright "desaster" but very apparent to me that some of them are over-makeupped.
Back to top Go down
anj tuesday

anj tuesday

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 4:50 pm

Leanan wrote:
Rayek and the buckle outfit!

Yes. For Frigg's sake, take that thing off again after being honoured by your bunny ex-buddies.
Back to top Go down
anj tuesday

anj tuesday

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 4:51 pm

I thought the "buckles" were felt, or fabric at any rate.
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 10:27 am

In the EQ Facebook Group I saw a new pic of Skywise (yes, I'm lurking there, too). Looking fine Skywise Wink

FQ Skywise 

But somehow it always bothered me that his cloths style never changes. Yes, there are some applications/sleeves there but overall it stays the same...
I know all the Elves have there own style, they more or less stick to, but he is very unimaginative in the fashion  department...

One the other hand, Cutter likes to get a new style from time to time... the newest one is a miss for me Cutter Growl

Final Quest 17 Cover

Edit: Insert pictures.
Edit 2: Ops! They are big, sorry. When I want the input a size and enter the URL, I get the "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." Without, I can post the picture. I will readjust the picture size in a week...
Edit 3: Insert Pics as links.

Last edited by LurkingCat on Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 11:16 am

For some reason I kind like Cutter's new clothes.
I'd drop the fur shoulders tho.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Moonshade So... what should I do with the shoulders?
Cutter Smile Same as usual.
Moonshade Sure? I could...
Cutter Smile No!
Moonshade But...
Cutter Smile Fur shoulders!
Moonshade I could...
Cutter Smile Fur! Shoulders!

Don't tell me that conversation never happened!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Exactly my thought Cutter Cool ... well, expressed in a less entertaining way! Like

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 4:28 pm

On the other hand, you could get rid of beard.
Then the fur shoulders wouldn't bother me.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 4:33 pm

Might happen!

Will Wolfriders loose facefur when they loose their wolf blood? Likely.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 4:50 pm

I don't think they would.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 12:29 am

All the facial hair from wolfrider lads losing their wolfblood is woven and dyed an exact color to all wolfrider lasses surrendering their wolfblood Razz

Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Bluetree

Bluetree

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Embala wrote:
Might happen!

Will Wolfriders loose facefur when they loose their wolf blood? Likely.

I would think so-- if it's the wolfblood that gives them the facefur in the first place, taking that blood away would be like a Nair treatment from the inside.

Always thought we got kind of a raw deal in that area, since Skywise gave his up well before his facefur could come in (and now won't, which adds to my take on the above theory). Although sometimes he still has vestigial canine teeth, and other times he doesn't. So that's a bit confusing...
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 7:40 pm

It's really weird, Bluetree, because I almost used the term 'Nair' in my last post!

Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 4:35 am

I think also they would lose their facefur. Kinda the same reasoning why staying in the palace turns immortals slowly into High Ones... (When will they turn into Coneheads? That would be also a fashion disaster for me...)

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 6:31 am

Seeing the Preview #16:
I add FQ Sunstream to my fashion disasters list - both: Fishelf and his purple leggins outfit (the last one could be fixed by wearing some boots?)

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 9:03 am

I was on the search for a nice autumn picture and stumbled upon this page:
http://elfquest.com/what-did-i-just-see/

Look at the bottom of the page - the "Little Sea Prince" Shocked
It's (almost) fishy Sunstream from 2004!

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 1:13 pm

Looks like illustrations from a nineties fantasy novel.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 1:34 pm

jaRf wrote:

Quote :
... more "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition"

Tehee. Maybe we should do one of those with Elfquest characters. Wink

Yesssss. Rayek Devil

jaRf wrote:

On the nipple baring thing: I noticed that also on a few other occasions (characters). But then... I mean, why get upset about it? There are more than enough bare chested shots of elves (occasionally even the female ones) but there it doesn't seem to be much of a problem? What exactly is it that upsets people here? (I have maybe an idea but don't want to ask suggestive questions that might force answers in directions.)

It's not the bare-chested shots I object to. For me, aesthetically, I dislike the shirts cover the chest except for the nipples. Bleh. YMMV. Smile
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 12:03 pm

There is a new Cutter (without facefur!) picture on the Facebook ElfQuest page.
My first thought was: Zoolander's Blue Steel (or Magnum) Laughing

(Sorry, couldn't help it... For balance I should post about EQ dresses I really like...)

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 5:35 pm

manga wrote:

> "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition" Tehee. Maybe we should do one of those with Elfquest characters. Wink
Yesssss. Rayek Devil

Well, then, young lady: Suggest it as a topic for next year's calendar and apply yourself as an artist. Smile
And make sure it becomes real.

LurkingCat wrote:
Cutter (without facefur!)

Well, what's wrong with that? I mean, I've seen him without beard in the early days, and later with facefur. If he's now without it, well, that's okay for me.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 6:06 pm

Aged Cutter without facefur could mean

1. he got his wolfblood removed
2. he's not Cutter but Timmain in disguise
3. Cutter and Timmain fused some way

I guess "wrong" was his expression - this ""Zoolander's Blue Steel" stare. Well ... I'm the wrong person to recognize this special stare or even notice it particulary.

LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 6:24 pm

jaRF wrote:
@LurkingCat wrote:
Cutter (without facefur!)

Well, what's wrong with that? I mean, I've seen him without beard in the early days, and later with facefur. If he's now without it, well, that's okay for me.

There is nothing wrong with facefurless (young) Cutter. Embala exactly pointed out what FQ Cutter without facefur could mean, and that I find disturbing.

For me, the facial expression is the "fashion disaster" Wink His eyes look so "soulless" (or is supposed to be a "bedroom eyes"/"Schlafzimmerblick" as we say in German?) and his lips look kind puckered? It seems weird to me.

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 5:32 am

When I saw that picture of Cutter, I thought he still had his facefur. It is just not that clear to see or something like that.
I agree with LurkingCat that his expression is the worst thing. His eyes remind me of Timmain somehow. It gives me the feeling that he is more "one" with Timmain. It's really creepy.
I really hope that is not the case! I don't want him to be anything like Timmain! Sad

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 8:29 am

Cutter's grey leathers are a fashion disaster

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest fashion disasters   Elfquest fashion disasters - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elfquest fashion disasters
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next