Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))

Go down 
+15
Miss Gillespie
Kaza999
Soreyes
Sadachbia
Zadzi
Vaeri
wingthing
sun girl
manga
Embala
Relena
Kindredsoul
Startear
Lunakat
Multi-Facets
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Zadzi

Zadzi

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 9:07 pm

^^ OMG Wow!!! Like Like Like cheers

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 10:21 pm

maybe the Plainsrunners are the White Russian type of folk...XD
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 2:47 pm

reading through Alternaverse FQ...just got to the Navigator part. why do i keep getting visions in my head of a remaking of canon Sarrin and Dart's recognition, but with Navigator and Naga instead? you know, Naga being drawn to Navigators cocoon and slicing it open and bam, recognition! perhaps inspired in part by Wingthing's teasings that we'll return to more of him during the Naga Saga.

sure would be intriguing if Navigator could recognize...what powers might be unleashed through his offspring on the worlds of Abode and Homestead? and now suddenly i feel like i'm imagining him as a second Dreamsinger..not really a talker, but full of magic. overflowing with it even.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 11:23 pm

That's an awesome idea, Vaeri!
I do in general want to see more stuff about that character in general. Wonder how's he's been in wrapstuff this whole time. It's a he, right? I got a distinct androgynous vibe off him in memory, which is interesting.

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 11:13 am

having just read it, he is the traditional Conehead still, though an interesting differentiation is he has multifaceted eyes, probably something rather insect like. but the text and the characters were referring to the Navigator as male pronouns. so the form is probably androgynous, but i guess maybe the soul is male?

Timmain was unable to make contact with him...but then again, we've seen Recognition accomplish remarkable things right?

my theory is if Naga and Navigator recognize, we have another Tyldak/Dewshine scenario on our hands. especially if she happens to be in her snake tail. Navigator could be just be utterly horrified by this strange creature it feels pulled by....especially if he has a fear of snakes!*evil giggle*

but the good thing about Navigator recognizing is he is completely outside the current gene pool...i know elves are hardy genetically and stuff, but infusion of new blood is very rarely a bad thing. so definitely his gene intigration can only provide very interesting things...perhaps we'd get a new generation of especially skilled senders and shapers.
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 4:21 pm

Maybe Naga's child will give the "Lord" a run for his power. Twisted Evil

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Hell yesssss, Vaeri, I like you think!

I wonder , with Naga being watched carefully by Timmain but also being a product of such powerful parents (one of them just incidentally powerful) .... that she might possibly be a pain in the ass to both Haken as well as Timmain lol. Like they're both so scared of her because she's such a wildcard (though an innocent one of course *bats lashes*) that they find something/someone to band together against. That would be super interesting twist. Timmain and Haken both paranoid about a potential enemy, but even more annoyed with each other about being on the same side incidentally  Razz

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:37 am

Zadzi wrote:
Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that Dothraki concoction. I guess it was supposed to be like a similar thing to the Mongolian fermented yak's milk.... ha.
That stuff is disgusting (had to try it in Ulan Bator), almost as bad as yak milk tea Mad

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 9:45 pm

reading through First Impressions...you know what i'd like to see? i'd like to see a little eight part story that shows us how each of the Red Snakes ended up with their mantel.^^ we know Feathersnake was the first...but how, why? and it can only be presumed they were added in order, with Saffron following, all up to Greenflame. what was the how and why for each of them? plus it'd be great to see them all fleshed out a little more!! who were they before they became Red Snakes? what gave Melati the idea for the peace hounds?
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 11:28 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Zadzi wrote:
Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that Dothraki concoction. I guess it was supposed to be like a similar thing to the Mongolian fermented yak's milk.... ha.
That stuff is disgusting (had to try it in Ulan Bator), almost as bad as yak milk tea Mad

I dunno, I'd be curious to try it! Just to say I had. What does it taste like???
I'm curious about the milk itself. In Egypt, we have eshta, which is clotted cream made of buffalo milk. It is SO GOOD, I still crave it in my dreams sometimes. Then again if it was fermented...that would probably be a different story. I don't want my childhood memories raped and pillaged.

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 1:18 am

Vaeri wrote:
reading through First Impressions...you know what i'd like to see? i'd like to see a little eight part story that shows us how each of the Red Snakes ended up with their mantel.^^

I'll add it to the looooong list of notions percolating in my brain.

Sadly, it may be awhile before the next fic. Real Life intervenes. Ugh... Septembers are the worst... I fear it's gonna be nothing but work-sleep-work-sleep in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 2:16 am

Nooooooo! *sobs*
Man, I need some serious fermented yak milk now to undo that detail Sad

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 2:45 am

Zadzi wrote:
Nooooooo! *sobs*
Man, I need some serious fermented yak milk now to undo that detail Sad

Nooo, that was rude of me, no one should go without his or her yak milk details :-*

It actually is mare milk.

I don't know, I didn't like the yeasty, sour taste with the "buttery mouth feel". This one contains a small percentage of alcohol, even though it's also drunken in Muslim countries (Central Asia)
Yak milk tea is salty, very fatty and just tastes strange. I think there are some tea leaves involved with this, but the colour is off white

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 3:15 am

Yaaaay! I look forward to it. And good luck with work Wingthing! I know how much it sucks to just have time/energy for just work and sleep.

And what happened to the rest of the thread??!! This thread was in the fourties!!noooo all the conversations and musings and art!! T_T
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 4:15 am

Ok, at the Syrian food place there are salted yogurt drinks and I get them, so maybe I would like them....they're all fatty and yummy. Thing is , I like one or two sips, but a whole serving always seemed really excessive and i could never go there. Damn! It's really weird to crave something and then simultaneously be all, oh hell no, bleccchhh at the same time. Talk about culturally divided Embarassed

Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 9:20 am

Vaeri wrote:
And what happened to the rest of the thread??!! This thread was in the fourties!!noooo all the conversations and musings and art!! T_T

Never fear, it is here! Looks like we got big enough to spill over into a new thread!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 10:24 am

Ohhh...phew! I thought it got deleted cause i remember from making my holts...i think there was some kind of automatic cleaning thing if a thread got too big....so yay!!

Also...salted yogurt. Baffling to my western fruity yogurt mind.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 12:26 am

Congrats to wingthing for having the most popular thread in the forum! cheers

It seems that forumotion has some limits that we were not aware of, since we've never reached a "limit" on anything at Father Tree before. But after some researching through the support site, I found that it is an automatic limit that split the thread. ( Messages in a subject: 990 messages (once the limit reached, the subject is locked and splitted)

wingthing, if you would like, I can add an edit a "Note" into Zadzi's first post in this thread with the link to your original thread so people can find it easier if necessary. I can also edit the thread titles with "Part 1", "Part 2" for better reference?

Just let me or Nibblet know!

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 9:04 pm

Yay for popularity!! And yay for the thread being unlocked! Party time! *grooves*
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 11:17 pm

Woohoo!
Jeez, Vaeri, are you feeling anything like I am ? Seriously jonesing for some new, juicy installments, I've read and re-read so much stuff I'm like MOAR NOW PLZ

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 11:23 pm

i do believe i am...i need some meaty storylines to sink my teeth into. i really hope we'll get some deliciously disturbing or spooky for Halloween like we did last year!!

i keep rereading through the previously released stuff...mostly final quest stuff. just got done with reading through Schism again...XD i may need to read through Return to Blue Mountain again though, i wanna hear/see Haken's past in blue mountain and stuff again!

i mean really, i love how Wingthing did that...and the Madcoil Five!! and the recognition between Haken and Chani!
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Yes, the retelling of that was very clever, I really enjoyed 'seeing' Haken's side. I read it last month but I might have to again now that you've mentioned it! I reread Melati's first installment/ Face Of the Enemy the other night and it was before I slept and I actually had a dream I was Beast and being reanimated! OMG it was awful! I woke up screaming and my boyfriend had to calm me down wtf lol. Powerful stuff!

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 12:42 am

WHOA! That sounds intense! I won't deny I'm grinning a little as I type "sorry my writing gave you nightmares!" - now THAT's an endorsement!

I'm gonna start work on the new fic this weekend - hopefully I can post a wee preview early next week. But I can tell you it'll involve Tamsin, the new daughter of Tyldak and Dewshine... a rewrite of another FQ sideplot... and the return of a much-anticipated character. Let the rampant spec begin!

...hey, has anyone thought that for all Wendy's "Haken is an allegory! That story is worldpool!" protestations, Timmain's proclamations about bad mojo bringing down the Palace suggest Haken (or Wendy's latest retconny incarnation of him) may be making a reappearance in FQ?
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 12:55 am

Whatever floats your gondola, Wingthing Razz As far as I am concerned, when I like something enough it steeps into my brain, those dreams do kick in...! Plus, it also inspires me to finish my own writing and project which is a very big compliment.

Can't wait 'til the new installment, I am super excited...Tamsin seems like she'll be fun to read - does she still have the same hairstyle of being shaved one side, all sassy, or has it changed?! I won't speculate on who this much anticipated character is until I read what Vaeri has to say though, since she's all awesome at that Wink

Not sure what to think about the retconny stuff . I am sure there will be more talk about bad mojo... I would love for something about Haken to come about but who the hell knows anymore with FQ. I give up and I'm just like, Oh really. WHAT ! NO! Nooo! Hmm. Ok whatever.

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 4:52 pm

i'm only a little sorry whenever i really scare people...XD my favorite story is during a roleplay event for Halloween i hosted a few years back, one scene i did actually made one of the players spit out her drink! and the worse part is, i ACTUALLY was holding back very hard! XD

and what am i, like the official Wingthing expert or something?! XD but i've been thinking about this while i was at work, and i have 3 theories.

1. It's Winnowill. because back before Winnowill was resurrected, i made some guesses that Winnowill would just gorge on experiences, and go on tour ala Bluestar. and one of the places i guessed was the Great Holt, though Wingthing admitted one or two of my guesses were correct, just not which one. Tamsin is in the Great Holt, so her and Winnowill potentially cross paths. though perhaps as an experienced hunter, Tamsin might be assigned as her guide and guardian. and we have been quite talky about Winnowill, ever since we got the unintentional spoiler she was getting a new body, and looking forward to the ressurection.

2. The Navigator. because the Palace typically is at the Great Holt where Tamsin lives. and she will go into the palace if she has reason to. possibly she is going to be significant in an event that starts a huge domino effect in the story. something that will eventually lead to to his awakening. and again like Winnowill, we've been quite curious and chatty about him! and we've all expressed our eagerness to see more involvement of him.

3. Ruffel. the only reason i can think of she'd be in the Great Holt is maybe she finally gets a body of her own again, but her spirit is bound to the Palace rather than the Ark, so Melati could have her body brought to the Palace and ressurected there. Wingthing might be being the nice author and talking with sungirl "oh hey, they think it'd be very angsty if Ruffel appeared again in the story, thoughts?" if they suitably liked the idea, theres no reason they wouldn't go for it, right? just with their own twists thrown into it of course. because we have been recently "oh Ruffel, oh the angst, oh the twists and possibilities!"

of course one thing we have got to keep in mind right now is Wingthing did NOT specify what time frame this story was in. we have no guarantee it's in the current time frame. she has jumped around a bit, like with Prey and The Last Wolfrider and Lost World, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for her to spring a surprise time change on us. maybe we'll see Tamsin growing up in the post Year of Ashes era.

of course i'm willing to lay my bets right now on Winnowill. so there's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next