Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))

Go down 
+15
Miss Gillespie
Kaza999
Soreyes
Sadachbia
Zadzi
Vaeri
wingthing
sun girl
manga
Embala
Relena
Kindredsoul
Startear
Lunakat
Multi-Facets
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaza999

Kaza999

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 2:58 am

well, what i hope is happening is that leetah is spoiling for a coup attempt, because i kind of want her to do that

however right now that haken's gone, oasis should probably be pretty peaceful...maybe even too peaceful. maybe even a little...blue mountain-ey
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 12:18 am

Yesssss, Kaza, I would love to see what's up with Leetah.....You really think it's maybe becoming stagnant there? I was thinking it might be the opposite , like more harsh or something.... considering how long they've been coddled and have eaten from flesh vines and haven't hunted, I would imagine it's different from what they're used to. I would love to see some Oasis struggles! Maybe they have nothing to push against anymore though now that Haken is gone, and you might be right that this is the stagnation.

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 2:52 am

Does Leetah walking around in a rut count as stagnation? She's always moving... but damned if she just never seems to get anywhere. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 9:15 pm

well you want my theories, i've been thinking on it. i did have a really good concept but then i kinda forgot about it...XD so here's something i think is close?

i think perhaps Oasis is very much how it's always been. peaceful on the surface, but a roiling mess underneath. with Arshel pumped up over his "success" in the whole Fellowship thing, he's probably pushing for more and more stuff without Leetah's encouragement...possibly trying to impress her like always.

i think after most of the people left for Homestead, magic users are undergoing a lot more...persecution because of Arshel's machinations. so there could still be this huge push/pull between the magic users and non-magic users...think of Korra, and the benders vs the non-benders. so Arshel might be our not as intimidating Amon?*shrug* or it'll become...vaguely Nazi-ish and rather like the Go-Backs in the new "magic isn't so great, it's DANGEROUS!" mentality. and magic users are constantly being put under restrictions and limitations for fear of another Melati situation.

i think perhaps Oasis may be in for an eventual revolt when the magic users are sick of being repressed and at that point...i have no idea. we may get yet another settlement on Abode, or we may have a new tribe heading for a planet outside of the current system.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 12:41 am

And the next fic, "Forgiveness" is nearly ready to go up. It picks up right after the end of "Perchance to Dream." Here's a wee teaser.

“We’re honored to have you back with us, Navigator,” Sunstream spoke up. “And… uh… will you be staying with us?”

Sylas looked to Tamsin. “That is for my bond to say.”

“Your bond?” Dewshine blurted out. “What do you mean?”

**I should think it’s obvious,** Tyldak locksent archly.

Tamsin blushed under their combined stares. “A guide is no good if he doesn’t have someone to lead,” she mumbled. “That’s what Navigators do. They bond with travellers.”

Sylas looked as though he might contradict her. But Tamsin shot him a look, and he said nothing.

“Explains why she was dreaming so much,” Swift remarked with a twinkle in her eye. When Sylas looked at her sharply, she made her smile more benevolent and said, “My son speaks for us all. We’re very glad to have you back among the living, Navigator. The Palace has become a place of learning for all our kind, and I cannot begin to imagine all you have to teach us.”

“No, you cannot,” Sylas agreed.

“Body feels about… right? We kept it safe for you.”

“I cannot remember.”

“Of course.  Well, it should all be there. Our healer swore everything was in working order.” Swift’s smile slowly began to take on a cast of self-satisfaction.

Sylas continued to scrutinize her face.. “Your voice… it is familiar to me.” He glanced at Tamsin. “And not just from your dreams.”

“Swift was one of the elves who rescued you from the crash,” Tamsin prompted.

“Rescue…” a veil seemed to fall over Sylas’s eyes. “If one can call it that.”

“Do you remember when the Palace crashed?” Swift probed gently.

Sylas’s brow knit; his eyes narrowed. “Pain. Screams. My own and those of others. Pain, above all. A great tearing away from my kindred. A broken circle, and only the echo of my own cries for company.”

“The humans attacked the Palace with their fire-slings,” Swift offered. “One struck the Navigators’ chamber. Your cocoon was blown out–”

“Yes, I know all that,” Sylas said sharply. “I have had a small eternity to unravel all the threads.”

“Three turns of the seasons, by our counting,” Swift said blandly.

“Forgive me. I am… not used to this manner of communion. Or this manner of space-time perception…”

“Understandable,” Sunstream offered. “If you would like, there have been others you could consult – others who have donned shells after a long time in spirit – though nowhere near as long as you.”

“Yes… V-
Tamsin has told me. You have only just rediscovered the art of shell culture.”

“In your case, we were lucky,” Swift said. “It’s not our usual custom to preserve the shells of the dead… but I knew you’d want your body back one day.”

“How? Are you a student of temporal probability?”

Swift blinked in confusion, then grinned. “No, just an elf with a healthy appreciation for the flesh. There were those who said you’d never want to go back – that you’d forgotten what you were missing. It seemed to me you had the right to remember.”

Sunstream sidled up along his mother. “Smugness doesn’t become a leader of many,” he muttered archly.

“Your father would disagree,” Swift quipped.

“Mm. Just as well he’s off hunting with Venka.”

“You don’t need to meet everyone at once,” Tamsin told Sylas. “Take all the time you need. We won’t let anyone bother you.” She glanced at Sunstream and Swift. “We won’t, right?”

“Of course not,” Sunstream said. “If it’s solitude you’d like, Navigator, then we’ll see you have it.”

Sylas made a barking sound that might have been a laugh. “I have had my fill of solitude. If I am denied my spirit-kin, then I must embrace my living kindred.”

“If you have been sharing memories with Tamsin, then you must know you’re not the only Firstcomer to survive the stranding here,” Sunstream added. “Whenever you’re feeling ready, you might want to start with them.”

“I can’t wait to see Timmain’s face,” Swift exclaimed.

Sylas gave a visible start at the name. “Timmain!” the sound that came from his throat was akin to a growl.

Dewshine felt her ears pop, and the floor seemed to shift under her feet, just enough to make her stumble.

“Whoa!” Swift exclaimed, throwing her arms out for balance. “Did we just move? We just moved! Sunstream?”

Sunstream closed his eyes a moment, then opened them in an expression of surprise. “We’re at the College.”

Dewshine looked at Tamsin, then at Tyldak, in alarm.

“Navigator?” Sunstream pressed.

Sylas looked momentarily abashed. “I… apologize. I am out of practice.”

“It’s… not a question of your landing skills,” Sunstream blurted out. “We don’t just move the Palace without warning.”

“I will remember that next time,” Sylas said, already making for the door.

“Next time?” Swift stammered. “We said you were welcome in the Palace; we didn’t say you could take it out for a sail everytime you felt like it!”

“He… is a Navigator,” Tamsin said apologetically.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 4:05 pm

Shocked Whoa. Sylas has a major attitude problem! wtf. Can't wait to see his standoff with Timmain though... oh yeah, this is gonna be iiiinteresting Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 11:18 pm

Aww... you think THIS attitude is bad? He is being positively polite by his standards. He's *trying* to be diplomatic for Tamsin's sake, believe it or not.

And yes, all pretense of diplomacy goes out the window once he reconnects with some old "friends".
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 1:01 pm

ohh this is gonna be interesting! wonder exactly why he has so much beef with Timmain if he's been cocooned for so long...? and now this makes me wonder how he's gonna react to Haken!

pretty damn powerful if he can just pop! move the palace like THAT....ohh the children he and Tamsin may have...*dreamy eyes*
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 7:16 pm

Remember, he and Timmain had a singing/sending communion right before he "died" back in "The Aftermath"... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 7:24 pm

Yeah, I remember that, I just read it recently too. It felt like she was trying to tell him something and he wasn't having it, or didn't understand. And he was compared to Brace Shocked

I'm wondering if he'll turn out like Door/Fenn to where he'll 'get better' - always arrogant, yet also more reasonable and 'normalized' - or if he'll just remain this sinister and super creepy. Spar was a lot stronger than Tamsin and wasn't afraid to call Door on his BS even when she was his prisoner. Can't say Tamsin seems like she has the same strength, she seems like she's sort of a lilting romantic.
Would love to see Aurek's take on all of this. I think they've all definitely got their hands full with Sylas... and I can't wait to read all the intrigue and danger!

Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:17 pm

aah, sylas' attitude problem is nothing compared to haken's, i think he's doing ok so far XD

i do think it's funny that he's trying to get used to linear time again, i really want to read the rest!
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 12:46 am

And it's up!

http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/forgiveness1.html
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 2:08 am

goodness gracious me, it looks like chani and tamsin are in for a bit of a nasty shock XD

i am really liking this development !
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 9:12 pm

I guess you like to mess with Timmain.

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 11:43 pm

Man, I was anticipating something with Haken all along, so this is just so freakin' juicy, I loooove it!

@Soreyes - Yeah, it's like Timmain's deconstruction I think. The more she's elevated and is on some goddess status in FQ, the more Wingthing seems to sort of 'balance it out' but going the other route... I like it. It's good to see a 'high one' who's made real mistakes that just keep coming back to bite her in her royal ass Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 1:52 pm

anyway have sylas and haken hugging it out because that was my favorite part

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 Aahead10
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 3:19 pm

well...damn that ending was unexpected. ohhh Tamsin is not going to be pleased with this! i'm not sure how well Chani will take to being rather displaced from the center of Haken's world.

i rather interpret them calling each other bond, and the little moan from Haken, as similar to Timmain and Adya. if they had been on Abode together, there would have been physical desire. admittedly this is rather disconcerting for me and i'm not a fan of the concept of Haken and Sylas being lovers...^^0 but then it's not my story and i'm along for the ride anyway.

it'll be interesting to see how other things pan how...will they pair up to face off again Timmain? will Swift be able to resist knocking Sylas' skull around since he keeps popping the Palace everywhere? have Sylas and Tamsin recognized or not?
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 3:23 pm

That is amazing, Kaza! Love the emotion. My favourite part of the story as well Very Happy

Also, I can't spoiler anything, but all your questions will have answers, Vaeri!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 3:37 pm

well of course they have answers, but i don't know which answer is the right one sungirl! :p

...i have a rather sneaking suspicion Swift is going to have some all out yelling session at Sylas about moving the Palace all the time...*chuckle*

also interesting...i wonder if part of Sylas' rage at Timmain has to do with Haken? something that happened before the crash? definitely not after, since he didn't recognize the name Haken, or Timmain's rival or any of that.

and interesting how Sylas seems to blame Timmain...at first i thought she might blame herself, but then she swiftly shifted that over to Swift and especially Tamsin.*strokes chin*
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 4:15 pm

timmain seems to displace blame a lot tbh, as if she tries to remove herself from the narrative a lot

i can't imagine sylas will be happy to hear about everything that went down between haken and timmain

personally i love the idea of sylas and haken being the rough equivalent of lovers/husbands (?) purely for the awkwardness factor XD haken and sylas would both have to explain their entire relationship to tamsin and chani 'oh yeah sweetie this is my boyfriend who i thought was dead. also, i had a boyfriend'

add another layer of awkwardness since tamsin's family would Hate this new development 'oh great...tamsin your new boyfriend's old boyfriend is the black snake's father. this'll end well'

but yeah firstcomers' bonds would probably be very different from modern elfin lifemates, especially because firstcomers didn't join or have children before coming to the world of two moons, so haken and sylas are probably a lot more like timmain and adya (tho probably more passionate considering haken's role as passion)

(also, considering the difference between firstcomer bonds and elfin lifemates, could sylas and haken even experience any physical attraction to each other considering the nature of bonds, or would it still be more of an emotional thing?)
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Gorgeous work as always, Kaza! I just about squealed with glee when I opened up the page and saw it.

Kaza999 wrote:

(also, considering the difference between firstcomer bonds and elfin lifemates, could sylas and haken even experience any physical attraction to each other considering the nature of bonds, or would it still be more of an emotional thing?)

THAT is the great question swirling through Tamsin's head as she stares at them inner monologuing "what-what-WHAT?!?!" Either way, she's feeling threatened as hell! Part 2 is gonna be an emotional rollercoaster for all concerned.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 12:23 pm

so i may be right in my first thought that "chani's gonna be pissed as hell she's not the center of Haken's universe anymore". i kinda think she might handle the displacement with less grace than Tamsin oddly enough.

...i also see great potential for a replica of the One-eye/Clearbrook/Kit scenario....your soul and heart pulling in two different directions. like on the one hand Haken loves Chani so much he was willing to do anything for her...but then there's Sylas whom he feels perhaps a deeper bond with..?

and continuing with that, i actually got a really strong flash of how it must have been like for Savah when she first recognized Yurek in Tamsin's reactions to Sylas through the story. the giddyness, the "i want your attention and you're so amazing!". i think the key was the "Yet she felt a burning need in her own belly, a hunger for his acknowledgement." line that triggered it.
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 2:33 pm

chani is going to be So Unhappy i can't wait it'll be awesome--and yeah vaeri i think she'll probably take it with less grace than tamsin now that i think about it. i mean tamsin and sylas just got together, but chani has been with haken for thousands and thousands of years, and it's totally possible haken's never so much as brought sylas up, like chani will probably feel super threatened and likely be pointing out stuff that would legitimize her and haken's bond over sylas and haken's (chani and haken have had children, sylas has been kinda dead until recently, sylas has tamsin now, etc)

and eyyyy i can't wait for the Uncomfortableness that's both tamsin and sylas dealing with New Feelings because i think they recognized and didn't realize it?

and oh man just imagine haken explaining his entire marriage to chani to sylas--like haken went totally out of his way to try and resurrect chani (which now that i think about it is a little like sylas coming back to his body for tamsin) so if chani was already jealous of sylas, sylas is probably gonna be jealous of chani too

(and omg. sylas asking haken what happened to his arm and getting that whole story, that'll be fun)

this doesn't even get into extended family, like does sylas count as winnowill's....step dad? what would you even call their familial tie? not to mention that dewshine and tyldak are.............probably not gonna take this well let's be honest (and that's not even counting windkin and ahdri's family as well as two-edge and aroree's, which would probably be involved at some point. the family reunion here is gonna be murder)

jeez oh man i cannot wait for all of everyone reacting to this, this is going to be awesome and Super Awkward
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 3:26 pm

wow kaza you are like...super excited. XD but that was exactly my thought, Haken has been with and done so much for Chani already, and he's probably gonna be focused a lot more on Sylas for a while...which would be quite a change. i don't think any tantrums are in order, but there is a strong probability for lots of screaming and yelling. i can agree with the idea Sylas would become jealous of Chani as well.

honestly i can't wait til the whole concept of recognition is explained to Sylas..."wait, you bore offspring? kids are a thing again?" "oh yeah about that, it's a thing where your body physically forces you to combine these body parts together for a while and it includes a lot of phsyical effort and you can't resist it no matter what"

because the hunger in Sylas' soul just sounds soo much like recognition...but of course he's never experienced it, so he'd have no flipping way to describe it.

my personal feelings are Sylas would only count as Winnowill's stepfather/second father if Haken and Sylas do develope a relationship...and even then i doubt she'd see him as that. because honestly, i think you have to assist in raising a kid to be considered a parent..look at Skot, aside from Wingthing making him indeed biologically father too...:p Winnowill would probably say "oh him? he's a High One, and my father's boytoy." snerk.

i think it's not gonna affect people so much as shock them. the only people it'll really affect is Chani and Tamsin.
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 3:44 pm

family drama is my favorite kind of drama so yeah i can't wait for the next installment XD i am absolutely here for the screaming fights that will doubtlessly ensue

or heck, maybe it will actually end really well and haken, chani, sylas and tamsin will all hook up and be a kit/foxglove/littlefire esque foursome, but that's probably the absolute best outcome (and the funniest i think)

man like sylas hasn't even eaten solid food yet i don't think so yeah, recognition is gonna be An Issue for him (and from re-reading return to blue mountain, a lot of the other firstcomers were super uncomfortable with recognition too--honestly sylas is probably lucky he's male, not female, because pregnancy would be even worse)

(omfg 'yeah he's a high one and also my father's boytoy' that is so winnowill i love it XD)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))
Page 9 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next