Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))

Go down 
+15
Miss Gillespie
Kaza999
Soreyes
Sadachbia
Zadzi
Vaeri
wingthing
sun girl
manga
Embala
Relena
Kindredsoul
Startear
Lunakat
Multi-Facets
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Zadzi

Zadzi

2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 8:32 pm

Oooooh girrrrrl! So excited, and damn... yeah, scared too now. I know you'll make good on that promise . Can't wait to read, and also for Vaeri to come running and doing some speculating of her own!!!!

Writing for money? Is there such a thing ? (so says another broke ass author here Wink )

2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 10:24 pm

A character death that means something? I anticipate and dread at the same time!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 1:03 am

i actually did come running once i saw this thread had been posted in....XD hmm speculations....

well originally i thought perhaps Melati and her family...but Wingthing and Sungirl aren't the type to introduce a character just to kill them off, so Naga is totally out. might be interesting if Beast suffered another death but it only like...eradicted the power of the corrupted palace stone.

let's see, we have two big events going on...the Djun War(tentative nickname) and the Evertree War. from the Djun War...possibly Shuna. she's fairly well liked and who didn't have a bit of heartstring tugging with Runaways when she practically confessed her feelings for Bluestar? Gifa isn't well liked enough yet i think to garner much reaction other then "damn the female bid for power failed!" and Wingthing would be followin canon a bit too closely which we know she hates so much :p i kid.

i suppose maybe Bluestar or Ember could be possibilities for the Djun War scenario too...perhaps to save Shuna?hmmm....i can't think of any other possibilities in this scenario..

for the Evertree War oh boy. well we know it can't be the death of Timmain, cause she is not beloved...though her death would certainly evoke emotions! XD hm...maybe Haken or Sylas? dunno why just...kinda feels like it'd be some bid of Timmains against them and lashing out or something.

Naga despite reasons above feels like a maybe still..just because of the connection she seems to have with the tree from Green Dreams. she obviously will play a big part.

agh there's so many possibilities for the Evertree, a good majority of Homestead folk and Wolfriders...potentially College Folk...there's too many options and it's muddying the waters for me.

also may i tentatively call bs on death of beloved characters, considering Melati is now capable of resurrections...? i mean with her, how permanent is death? just food for thought. i mean of course if a character we liked died, it'd still get emotion, even if we knew they could be brought back later.

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 2:40 am

lol Vaeri, always so awesome to see your posts and speculations Smile

I thought of Naga too btw. I think also a lot of it feels like it's on the line due to do the things said by Timmain/Pool etc....
My death speculations are Littlefire (I don't know why but it would be an interesting, timely flip), or even like Ahdri. I'm really curious btw how things wrap up with the Evertree. Last we heard this thing snagged Savah? And managed to totally piss off Yurek?
Super curious about deaths.... thank goodness for alternaverse, I care for it so much more than I did for FQ. Any deaths here would really hurt, I've gotten super attached to several characters ....

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 2:49 am

i did think maybe Littlefire cause of the flip, but they seperated because they couldn't share a shell anymore, so it's not like Littlefire would go into Kit's body this time...

Ahdri would be a possibility...Daughter of Memory. maybe folowing that "true successor" nonsense twisted from canon. yeah Savah's spirit was captured by the Evertree and Yurek was mourning and i believe the cause of the earthquake that killed some Oasis folks.

i'm curious but aprehensive as well...XD i seem to be having a tougher time with things ending lately...probably cause my parents are talking about divorce and my mom has moved out...

i should go back and reread some of the stories. it may give me hints about threads that will help me figure out the weave of this mystery.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 10:11 am

<3 I'm sorry, sweetie! The stuff with your parents can't be easy, sounds really hard!

On further speculation, I think you're right and maybe Ember is a possibility...Bluestar Hmmm. Maybe. I think Littlefire only because it's like, Let's take turns dying ! But yeah I don't think he'd go into Kit. I just don't see that as something Littlefire would even want, he's already so weird about the physical stuff and I think he'd more likely be a spirit. Plus maybe it would move along the storyline of Kit and her love mate. But I could totally see Littlefire coming back from death in another body altogether, and asking for one that's completely different, to throw off Kit and mess with her LOL

Something happening with Melati or her family would be strange to me actually only because the storyline has been so central and has already involved so much death that it would be weird to have another death in it. But I don't know!

One last possibility would be Hansha or Grayling. They've been in the background for so long, and last we heard they were trying to mix things up and live on Homestead. They're such a steady, solid couple and I loved Grayling's storyline early on but his arc seems to have wrapped up. But if Hansha dies, maybe it would bring Grayling back to the forefront ...maybe he'd even want revenge on the Evertree if it was involved. Or maybe Grayling dies because of the Evertree, his death alone would be super personal and get Swift involved.
I love Grayling. He's all down to earth and honest and says 'I don't know' a lot to challenging questions from others because he really doesn't know. He's always felt kind of like blue collar elf to me Smile

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 12:02 pm

*paws at the air* needs alternaverse fix...needs my fiiiiiix! anyone else suffering from alternaverse withdrawl? :p
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 11:36 pm

Hope to finish writing this one over the next weekend, but here's a sneak peek.

As had become his routine the last month, Bluestar climbed to the top of the Egg every morning, to look for the golden eagle. Timmain had not returned since that one enigmatic visit, but the young elf couldn’t shake the feeling that she was watching them.

Autumn was coming to the Painted Mountains. From his vantagepoint on the summit, Bluestar could see the lowland forests turning auburn. Higher, the conifers had darkened, their needles hardening up from the morning frosts. At nearly midday on top of the world, the air was still, but cold. Bluestar could see his breath.

He didn’t feel like the long climb down the Egg’s First Shell. Instead he walked to the edge of the summit and jumped into the open air.

He fell no more than a few feet before he telemuted to the closest moss-covered ledge he could see. His feet barely grazed the rock when he flitted again. And again. He knew the path by heart, and he blinked in and out of the world, bouncing from outcrop to outcrop like a mountain goat capable of leaping a hundred feet in one span. Ten displacements later, he landed on the floor of the canyon that cradled the Egg, startling a quartet of crows into flight.

The air was more temperate here, and Bluestar unfastened his parka, flush from his exertions. A guilty look in all directions and he breathed a sigh of relief. No witnesses. The last time his parents had caught him flitting vertically, the storm that resulted had only ended when Bluestar solemnly promised never to do it again save in dire emergencies.

Of course, all three of them knew what he meant was “I promise never to get caught doing it again.”

But Weatherbird and Cheipar would hold him to that, and then last thing he wanted was to have Waterleaf set as his watchbug again.

He hiked up towards the main door to Second Shell and the interior of the Egg. Along the way he passed a few familiar faces at work: Hajii, the tanner, setting out her latest hides to dry; Scree, the troll, idly picking at a seam of gypsum exposed by the Egg’s latest self-shaping rotation.

“Hey, what did I tell you?” Bluestar called.

“It’s in stable rock!” Scree hollered back. He indicated an invisible line with his pick axe. “Everything east of here is part of First Shell. I got my contract!”

“Well, you fill in anything you scrape out. Someone so much as twists an ankle in your potholes–”

“Aye, aye. You’re not your papa, Bluestar. Don’t try to be.”

Bluestar hiked on, trying to not to let the troll’s words get to him. And why shouldn’t I try? he thought. He wasn’t a cub anymore. It was high time his words were given more weight.

A subtle vibration in the air interrupted his brooding. He recognized it instantly; almost the same hum as the Palace itself, but pitched slightly off-key.

“The Ark!” Bluestar cried aloud, as he jogged the rest of the way up the sloping canyon.
It was, of course, only a pod – teardrop-shaped and the size of a large oak trunk. Bluestar joined the small crowd around it just as the door opened.

First out was a tall Glider with curly blond hair, teetering a little on her coltish legs. The spectators drew back with a disquieted murmur when the second elf, scarred and shapechanged, joined her. Finally, out limped a delicate elf-girl on the cusp of adolescence, her eyes wide, her brown face drawn and ashen.

“Naga!” Bluestar called, pushing forward.

“Bluestar…” her voice was a sickly rasp. Her lower lip trembled; she looked on the edge of tears.
He ran up to embrace her, and he felt how she sagged against him, as if she needed him to hold her up. She had grown since he’d seen her last – her head now topped his by several fingerspans, though the harsher gravity of Homestead was likely to keep her well below Glider-height.

“I never thought I’d get you over here, snakes!” he laughed. “What finally got you off Homestead?”

She shivered, and he drew back to look up at her. Her dusky lips moved without sound. She was drawing in short, shallow breaths.

“Naga? What’s wrong?”

**I’ve been banished,** she sent miserably, just as her eyes rolled back in her head and she fainted dead away in his arms.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 4:30 pm

Whaaaaaaaat.... omg! I can't wait to read the rest of this! I'm so excited to see Naga's story now. Banished?!! I can't even begin to imagine what's gone on! ...And a scarred and shape changed elf sounds like Beast but probably isn't so...hmmm.

Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 1:38 pm

And what could have happened to banish someone so young? Hasn't even seen her first century, surely they don't banish minors for things they couldn't possibly have understood fully?
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 2:01 pm

yaaay minor fix! hmmm...curious...so if i remember correctly, at this point, Bluestar is like...16? and he's gotten much better at his flitting. and he's entering a rebellious phase. dunno what gypsum is.

i'm questioning who exactly is in the pod cause one person is unaccounted for. Naga is either the blonde curled glider or ashen faced brown adolescent(duh). Beast is definitely the scarred and shapechanged, cause he does have all those scars on his head/face.

intrigued Bluestar and Naga are on such good terms...and where is Redfawn? i could see them making a trio as agemates. but i can definitely see pairing possibilities between Bluestar and Naga so tentative pairing in my head.

i think she's been banished because of stuff with the Evertree. like remember how she was starting fires in Green Dreams? what if she lashed out and caused big destruction? she'd be classified as too dangerous as long as the Evertree exists so it'd make sense for her banishment.

and where IS Timmain...hiding from the Evertree it seems if Bluestar feels her watching him, so she must be near by...which is strange if she's not with the Evertree she felt compelled to join.

i think we're gonna get some intro to WAR AGAINST THE EVERTREE arc in this new chapter.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 3:46 pm

@Vaeri - Gypsum is a kind of calcitic rock/mineral ....
I agree btw that it's highly likely about Naga's banishment being connected to the Evertree. My first thought was that she was in some way a danger to Homestead because of those fires...wonder how Melati is handling that!
I thought maybe the shape changed scarred elf wasn't Beast because Bluestar already knows Beast, so it seems weird if he's not named but Naga is? Don't know if that makes sense.
I think the curly blond elf is the one unaccounted for since she's the first one who comes out of the pod, and then Naga comes out last?

I thought Timmain did merge with the Evertree, and that's why her eyes were all green in bird form....
So much stuff I can't wait to read about! I hope the new installment does show up this weekend Very Happy

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 1:45 am

And it's up! Just a short one - I fear it'll raise more questions than it answers Wink - but parts 2 and 3 should follow by the end of the month.

http://www.janesenese.com/swiftverse/gambit1.html
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 8:14 am

All right now!

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 11:44 am

well i just got done reading it... interesting. i thought at first Yurek had been rebirthed! kinda disappointing he wasn't...XD and poor Savah. i think she is being held against her will...she only thinks she wants to stay because of manipulative twisting words.

i was right about Naga and what could be the cause for her banishment. or "vacation" may be a more apt term of sorts...i AM wondering what happened between Melati and Naga. i wanna say some kind of argument or magic fight. perhaps a temporary controlling from the Evertree and she lashed out at Melati. after all, wouldn't the Evertree consider her a HUGE threat if she could rebind spirits into flesh?

though how that could cause issues between Mel and Beast....also nyah nyah, i was right, it was Beast and Naga. seems the blonde "glider" must have been Tamsin. either she got fleshshaped to be taller, grew taller, or she simply learned gliding on Homestead as Chani promised her she could. surprised Sylas came off Homestead and that he and Tamsin could stand to part. :p but he seems much more functional now.

Naga seems to be...very much in a teenager phase. she's...well really kind of a bit whiny XD and sulky and...kinda makes a lot of excuses. of course i could image growing up spoiled as the first child born on Homestead(i think? or was that Redfawn?) and granddaughter of Haken, Daughter of Melati the Rebirther and Beast Master of the Shapechanged! very illustrious yes? bound to make anyone a bit..high opinioned. XD

and it seems she did cause some mild destruction and mayhem. hope Maleen is alright. i just hope Naga isn't possessed by the Evertree, as exemplified by Weatherbird in the beginning until Tass helped her...disable the connection. we've seen Naga's eyes flash. what if THAT's what Mel and Beast are fighting over? Mel believes Naga is connected to the Evertree and Beast refuses to believe anything could control or latch onto their capable powerful daughter.

what if they're hiding this from Naga so the Evertree doesn't realize their suspicions of it to protect her and everyone?
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 11:49 pm

Vaeri wrote:

Naga seems to be...very much in a teenager phase. she's...well really kind of a bit whiny XD and sulky and...kinda makes a lot of excuses. of course i could image growing up spoiled as the first child born on Homestead(i think? or was that Redfawn?) and granddaughter of Haken, Daughter of Melati the Rebirther and Beast Master of the Shapechanged! very illustrious yes? bound to make anyone a bit..high opinioned. XD

Heh, well, as Cheipar said: "Thirteen!"

She's every rich girl who's even been sent off to boarding school because her marks have dropped below passing and she's gotten into too many fights. And now she's growling that this is child abuse and false imprisonment and it MUST be a human (elfin) rights' violation.

That said - Mel really should've stepped up and come with Naga to get her settled. But, Naga's right, her momma IS afraid of her.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 1:28 am

Lol i see what you is doing there! Sneaky Wingthing is sneaky, dropping hints and confirmations to get the speculation roaring. :p
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 3:57 am

Very cool! I loved the parts with the tree--so creepy! And I still adore the psychic threat. The nature of death in eq and aq can lessen the threat of bodily harm, but the creepy infectious nature of the tree and the way it can trap spirits brings the threat right back.

I wonder what's going on with Naga? Perhaps it has something to do with the tree?
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 11:26 am

I'm afraid of what makes MELATI afraid. Eeep! (Not Naga specifically, but whatever about this situation is spooking Melati.)
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 11:58 am

i wanna say...maybe Pool's words are coming back to haunt her, in a way she didn't expect. i just keep remembering that, and how THAT made her quite afraid indeed. somehow i feel like she may have never forgotten that sending.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 5:48 pm

That was awesome to read, loved it!
Yeah, the stuff with Pool from when Melati was preggers really popped up when I was reading... Maybe Beast is really angry at Melati for being scared of their special little girl. I wonder if Naga turned on Maleen like that because she was momentarily possessed by the Tree and it's like Pool's jealousy toward her for being Ruffel's lifemate and how he had that issue with Ruffel caring more for her?? I'm probably really reaching with that lol... but it's fun to speculate! It seems like Pool's words about Naga to Melati are also like a self-fulfilling prophecy, no? I mean, without the Evertree insanity, Naga probably would be fine, and Pool is really the problem here and needs to be taken out once and for all ugh. It seems like there's definitely going to be some kind of war taking place soon.... can't wait to read more wonderful installments!!!!

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Yeeeah, so it's the end of the month, and once again real life has intervened to grind my writing time to zilch. So in lieu of any progress on the fic (it's coming, I promise!) here's something else...

2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 A4088a346748da4a9b80c1d5156d6a34

Yep, that's Wingthing and a Wolf! (and the wolf's human friend). Meet Tundra; she came to our school for a wolf outreach presentation. One of those "don't be afraid of wolves, kids. They're awesome!" programs. As you can see, she and I played peekaboo around the van door. She was pretty exhausted after the show, but she was still interested enough to sniff my hand when I offered it.
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 8:27 am

anyone home? i just did an alternaverse reread so now i want to talk about it! Very Happy

still veeeery interested in timmain's evil master plan as well as the evertree, and ofc gifa and shuna are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 10:11 am

This is very funny because i started rereading some of the stories myself last night! Ahh Oasis...you are not used often enough. :p

Perhaps the Evertree will win the war, forcing a seperation ala FQ. All who wish to remain free leave Abode while those who remain wipe out the humans and dominate the planet, turning it into a twisted parody of the Homeworld. Mwahahaha.

Nah just fooling. Bet the Evertree will be rendered threatless somehow..as for Timmain's ultimate plan...i'm actually still not sure! Does she really regret joining the Green Way, or is it a tempting lure and snare for those who'd want to save a High One?
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Hahahaha! We're all doing re-reads Very Happy ..... very curious about where this is going. Nothing in a long time and I'm itching to read more!
I DO also miss reading about Oasis though! Some of my very favorite sections are there, such a great world with all kinds of intrigue, and I love the 'politics' and culture of it.

Wingthing and Sun Girl, come back!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))   2 - The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2)) - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

The EQ Alternaverse ((PART 2))
Page 16 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next