Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?

Go down 
+16
PCoquelin
Tymber
Miss Gillespie
Kindredsoul
TrollHammer
Blackbird
Embala
Redhead Ember
faeriegirl
Leanan
Multimedea
Kojiyumi
Stormcatcher
Josine
truelight
Wiseshaman
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 9:38 pm

Oh?

Multimedea

Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 10:24 am

Zinegirl wrote:
I love Game of Thrones because it's so unpredictable Razz You never know who lives or dies - everyone can die at any moment, and many already have. And while you may think that killing off many main characters makes the story dull, in this case the opposite is true as new characters rise to shine (and die, eventually, if they're in bad luck). And apart from the magic, the political and historical context is very realistic.

Does anyone *honestly* find "Game of Thrones" unpredictable? The political and historical context of it is so very realistic because it's basically the Wars of the Roses remixed with "I, Claudius"...plus tossing in some dragons & zombies. Very Happy  I enjoy watching certain favorite characters going through the motions. But, the 'motions' themselves are waaaaay familiar.

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 8:29 am

Multimedea wrote:
Zinegirl wrote:
I love Game of Thrones because it's so unpredictable Razz You never know who lives or dies - everyone can die at any moment, and many already have. And while you may think that killing off many main characters makes the story dull, in this case the opposite is true as new characters rise to shine (and die, eventually, if they're in bad luck). And apart from the magic, the political and historical context is very realistic.

Does anyone *honestly* find "Game of Thrones" unpredictable? The political and historical context of it is so very realistic because it's basically the Wars of the Roses remixed with "I, Claudius"...plus tossing in some dragons & zombies. Very Happy  I enjoy watching certain favorite characters going through the motions. But, the 'motions' themselves are waaaaay familiar.

The uneducated like myself, who are not familiar with War of the Roses or "I, Claudius" find it very unpredictable. (Other than everyone is going to die, if you like the character!)

Game of Thrones is like reading the Original Quest #4 (with Madcoil) as your first very issue, starting with the the story of Bearclaw (before they do the howl for all the Chiefs) and thinking, "Wow! Elves who ride Wolves! Oh, this Rain dude looks pretty cool. Seems like a nice guy - OMG - they killed him! All right, well Joyleaf seems like a nice, strong female character - OMG - she just died! All right, all right - Bearclaw [our Ned Stark] is clearly a star here - he's the chief, the leader - nothing's going to happen to - oh, crap - nevermind. He just died!"
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 8:33 am

Tymber wrote:
All right, all right - Bearclaw [our Ned Stark] is clearly a star here - he's the chief, the leader - nothing's going to happen to - oh, crap - nevermind. He just died!"

You HAD to know how it was gonna go for Ned...
Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 Just-sean-bean_o_384818

Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 9:43 am

Kojiyumi wrote:
Tymber wrote:
All right, all right - Bearclaw [our Ned Stark] is clearly a star here - he's the chief, the leader - nothing's going to happen to - oh, crap - nevermind. He just died!"
You HAD to know how it was gonna go for Ned...

You know (having not read the books) - I hadn't! (I know he always dies in all his movies!) But I was really thinking, "He's a big name star. No way will they kill him." And because it was a public execution, I totally thought they were going to Robin Hood this - and have some Stark folks, be hidden in the crowd, and unleash some arrows, run up and free Stark. Once Stark's fate is handed to him, despite everything else, that's when I said, "So it's that kind of show." (Yeah, I know, not even the incest scene really got to me like what happened to Ned did!)
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 10:00 am

Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 3qgj2v

*gets shot*

Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 10:44 am

Now... what Elfquest character should be played (or voiced) by Sean Bean?

I'll suggest One-Eye

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 11:09 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
Now... what Elfquest character should be played (or voiced) by Sean Bean?

I'll suggest One-Eye

That's a good suggestion, considering One-Eye's fate.
Back to top Go down
Multimedea

Multimedea

Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 11:25 am

Tymber wrote:
Multimedea wrote:
Zinegirl wrote:

The uneducated like myself, who are not familiar with War of the Roses or "I, Claudius" find it very unpredictable. (Other than everyone is going to die, if you like the character!)

Yep.

Quote :
Game of Thrones is like reading the Original Quest #4 (with Madcoil) as your first very issue, starting with the the story of Bearclaw (before they do the howl for all the Chiefs) and thinking, "Wow! Elves who ride Wolves! Oh, this Rain dude looks pretty cool. Seems like a nice guy - OMG - they killed him! All right, well Joyleaf seems like a nice, strong female character - OMG - she just died! All right, all right - Bearclaw [our Ned Stark] is clearly a star here - he's the chief, the leader - nothing's going to happen to - oh, crap - nevermind. He just died!"

Voll's probably the more appropos equivalent for Ned in the EQ storyline.

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 10:14 pm

Multimedea wrote:

Quote :
Voll's probably the more appropos equivalent for Ned in the EQ storyline.

I'd disagree. Voll didn't have enough going for him. Bearclaw had a soul mate, a tribe, a son, and much more to lose. Voll just lost his own life. Not enough impact when compared to Game of Thrones.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 11:23 pm

I've just learned that I definitely will never watch Game of Thrones. O.O

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 9:47 am

Don't worry, Embala dear...

Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 PC656_FC_Suntop2Av

You won't miss much.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:02 pm

Not worried at all, PC ... sunny ... even less NOW.

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:40 pm

Game of Thrones is not for everyone. Just like ElfQuest isn't for everyone. To each their own.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:47 am

Well said, Tymber! Smile I'm definitely in the "not for me" fraction.

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:27 am

and I'm definitely curious about too many things...

...or I would never even have started watching that "Game of Thrones" series.

Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 PC847_MoreThanFear

Vikings is far more interesting.

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:44 am

Yes, I vote Vikings as well. (Though I found some enjoyment with GoT, ya gotta admit, Blue Mountain could have used some cells that opened out into a 500+ foot drop!)

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 1:08 pm

Tymber wrote:
Game of Thrones is not for everyone. Just like ElfQuest isn't for everyone. To each their own.

So true. I love it though.

Oh, and finally, after all this waiting....I got to see Dany riding her dragon Very Happy

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Blackbird wrote:
Tymber wrote:
Oh, and finally, after all this waiting....I got to see Dany riding her dragon Very Happy

You and me both. Smile

On the loving it and seeing Dany ride the dragon. (Though with all the holes it had in it's wings, I am surprised it did manage to fly!)
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 9:20 pm

Tymber wrote:
Blackbird wrote:
Tymber wrote:

You and me both. Smile

On the loving it and seeing Dany ride the dragon. (Though with all the holes it had in it's wings, I am surprised it did manage to fly!)

...its a MAGIC DRAGON... are you going to try and teach it physics?

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 9:23 pm

TrollHammer wrote:
Tymber wrote:
Blackbird wrote:
Tymber wrote:

You and me both. Smile

...its a MAGIC DRAGON... are you going to try and teach it physics?

Considering what it did to the Sons of Harpy - no. Smile
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm constantly surprised when people complain about all the cruel and sometimes disgusting things that happen in 'Game of Thrones'. Most of those things happened in the books too but nobody seemed to mind. Is it only when things are made visible in a TV show that they somehow become offending?

Not that I want books to be censored. Just not understanding the logic, if there is any.

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 6:44 pm

Leanan wrote:
I'm constantly surprised when people complain about all the cruel and sometimes disgusting things that happen in 'Game of Thrones'. Most of those things happened in the books too but nobody seemed to mind. Is it only when things are made visible in a TV show that they somehow become offending?

Not that I want books to be censored. Just not understanding the logic, if there is any.

I think there's a lot of people (such as myself) who never read the books. And now that the series is on HBO, it's getting a lot more exposure. (I am NOT one of the people complaining; I love the show). Just thinking it's people like me, who have not read the book, and don't know what to expect that are complaining.

For me, they set the tone pretty quick in the show, that it's a pretty dark, cruel world that the story will be taking place in.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Tymber wrote:
For me, they set the tone pretty quick in the show, that it's a pretty dark, cruel world that the story will be taking place in.

And the real world is also dark and cruel.
It's almost funny how people complained about the raping of Sansa ( even if that didn't happen in the book ) when little girls is raped and forced into marriage every day...Yeah, I know it's because Sansa has been through so much already, and she is a main character, but please, don't complain about the show, and ignore what is happening all over the world, complain and do something about that instead.

So...what do you guys think of the season finale? A little disappointed over all the loose threads, and I don't want to wait until march/april 2016 for more, but it was great as always. I really missed one character I hoped would show up because of the title of the episode, but it was good.

I hope the new book will come before the next season..

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 9:42 pm

The real world certainly is dark and cruel too.
I liked that they ended the finale in most threads near or at the end of the current book.
Am wondering very much where they're going with Stannis. And how they'll handle Sansa's thread, because that's way different from the books.
I hated what they did to sweet Myrcella though.

Someone told me that the next book might be out late this year, so before the next season. I'm almost thinking GRRM discussed that with the producers to get even more people buying the next book to find out asap what happens next! (I know I might).

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?   Game of Thrones-ElfQuest? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones-ElfQuest?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next