Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Happy Inauguration Day, America!

Go down 
+11
Nibblet
Elwing
KR Wordgazer
wingthing
LurkingCat
Embala
jaRf
G0lden
Soreyes
Lunakat
Trollbabe
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 12:03 am

Evil Evie wrote:
Keep in mind Lunakat that not everyone thinks his choices are terrible or destructive.

Those people are stupid.

He's putting in people who want to dismantle Medicare, who don't believe in climate change, who don't believe in the Civil Rights Act, who are in the pockets of oil companies -- you know, like the ones who want that pipeline through the Dakotas?

There are no checks and balances on Trump and his cronies' agenda right now, because both the House and Senate are Republican. And the Republican party has a track record of serving themselves first and foremost.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 12:19 am

Draining the swamp, indeed.... not.

The Medicare thing is especially going to be a huge mess.

Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 12:20 am

Wrote a post a few minutes ago, think I either lost it or posted it in the wrong place. If I did, my apologies.

Evie, my first (and last) Presidential ballot was for a losing candidate, so be happy you were part of the winning team. Your family should be proud that you all participate in the elections. (BTW keep in mind there may be two or three in any given year.)

You mentioned the women's march. There were actually several going on, but I don't see a thread here about anyone's participation.

Elfquest is about entertainment and about values. It's not about politics, unless I spent hundreds of dollars and missed something. I started a thread to celebrate the peaceful transition of power that occurs in a free country every four to eight years.

So, to continue, as much as I admire Melania, my favorite Trump so far is Ivanka, and I think Barron is the cutest.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 7:05 am

@Trollbabe- we've discussed politics before. Especially on the old scrolls. It's def something we do.

@Evie-- protesting was interesting. So many people showed up, we couldn't really move. They weren't expecting that, I think. There were so many people we filled up the whole route and didn't have anywhere to go-- but it was pleasant and peaceful and we just kind of hung out. My whole family went. Everyone was friendly. Smile

Evil Evie wrote:
Sigh, I guess I'm just trying to defend my own decisions to vote for Trump. This was my first election and it wasn't an easy desicion. My mom says she's never seen our family more torn apart over an election. Trump wasn't my first choice but I did vote for him in the end and it feels like every other person I know thinks I'm either Evil or ignorant. I'm aware of everything you say, but I guess I'm hoping that congress will be able to hold him at bay in some things through checks and balances. There are things that I wouldn't mind seeing come to fruition, however. I've been depressed over all this, my dreams have been murder.

You're not evil, Evie- despite your name! Wink

But I do think the assumption Congress will hold him in check might reflect some inexperience. Congress is Republican dominated. There aren't enough Democrats for a filibuster. Trump probably isn't making decisions-- Pence is. Pence is as right wing as they come. This is a blank check for Congress to do what they've been wanting to do for years, but couldn't because they knew the President would veto it. Trump doesn't know or care enough to veto anything-- he's too concerned with appearing popular.

We are going to see (most likely successful) attempts to reduce Medicare and Medicaid, to exploit our natural resources for oil, to unprotect public lands (like national parks) to defund public schools and other public services, to curtail freedom of speech, to privatize social security and to deregulate insurance companies again (basically to get rid for the protections we acquired under the ACA-- which won't reduce costs, because it wasn't the ACA that raised the costs I. The first place. It was the insurance companies exploiting a loophole that Republicans insisted had to exist). We are going to see reductions in protections for minorities and LGBTQ people. And we are gong to see a lot of scapegoating of vulnerable groups. And probably they will try to regulate the Internet.

These are Republican priorities-- and there is no way Congress will check itself or Pence.

Oh yeah-- and expect the economy to suffer-- because he put the president of Goldman Sachs in charge, along with several other uber wealthy individuals. Their priority is going to be lowering their own taxes. The same taxes that fund our social services and help pay down our debts.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 am

I'm also going to guess we will amp up weapons production and may go to war. One way to nearly guarantee re-election is to start a war. That's what the Bush Jr administration did.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 7:48 am

Lastly-- yes, Barron Trump is cute. He was sweet to play peekaboo with the baby.

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 10:17 am

I'm glad you had a good time!

I agree with you on the presidential veto but when I look at Pence I do see someone as right as they come and I don't think the general Republican in congress is going to go with him as much. I could be wrong though, party does go with party on both sides. That's why a mixed government is usually better.

Trump has a very nice looking family. I'll miss Michell and her beautiful dresses, but I like Melanias style too.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 12:14 pm

I'm interested in seeing what the whole Obama family will do during Obama's "elder statesman" days. They probably both have a full schedule of speaking engagements. The girls are old enough to be planning careers.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 1:38 pm

Evil Evie wrote:
I'm glad you had a good time!

I agree with you on the presidential veto but when I look at Pence I do see someone as right as they come and I don't think the general Republican in congress is going to go with him as much. I could be wrong though, party does go with party on both sides. That's why a mixed government is usually better.

But we don't have a mixed government now. Every single democrat vote against this, for example, and it still passed:

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/brody_levesque/republicans_in_congress_set_value_of_all_public_lands_and_buildings_to_0_for_easy_sell_off_at_taxpayers_expense

Quote :

Trump has a very nice looking family. I'll miss Michell and her beautiful dresses, but I like Melanias style too.
Yes- both women are quite beautiful.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Also-- Pence is definitely going to be directing things:

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/10/mike-pence-to-guide-donald-trump-on-agenda/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/08/07/politics/john-kasich-donald-trump-election-2016/index.html?client=safari

Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Trollbabe wrote:

Evie, my first (and last) Presidential ballot was for a losing candidate, so be happy you were part of the winning team.

Yeah, it doesn't matter that the rest of the country -- and the world -- is fucked over! You were on the winning team! /sarcasm

Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Davrille wrote:
Trollbabe wrote:

Evie, my first (and last) Presidential ballot was for a losing candidate, so be happy you were part of the winning team.

Yeah, it doesn't matter that the rest of the country -- and the world -- is fucked over! You were on the winning team! /sarcasm

I understand that you are upset, but that tone is quite unnecessary.
Please try to keep this discussion as civil as possible. Thank you.

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 4:06 pm

@Davrille- I don't think we should make Trollbabe feel personally uncomfortable for her choices. But also, @Trollbabe- you have to k ow that this is a topic that most people feel strongly about-- so when you bring it up, even in the context of clothing, you are going to get a reaction. And becaus we've all been interacting with each other for so long-- you are going to get an honest reaction.

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Those girls have some interesting days ahead of them. It will be nice to see where they go in life.

Lunakat, I'll read those articles as soon as I have enough time to sit down and give them my attention. Thanks for sharing them.

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 5:08 pm

those are links from like last year, aren't they? Kasich doesn't want anything to do with Pence or Trump, and even though he literally had an opportunity handed to him recently, he flat-out turned it down. Gotta say, I do respect that guy. He's got a hell of a lot of integrity - he doesn't just 'fall into line' because he's on the same 'side'. He literally was the most sane candidate on the Republican side. Not flashy enough or bombastic enough I guess lol

Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Lunakat wrote:
@Davrille- I don't think we should make Trollbabe feel personally uncomfortable for her choices.

Feeling uncomfortable for one's choices isn't always bad. It's certainly not bad when, as in this past election, the choice you make determines not only the immediate future of the next four years, but decades out. This wasn't a high-school contest where voting for who made you feel good didn't carry consequences. As you have pointed out, as I have pointed out, as others have pointed out, the Trump administration will be dictating how our country responds to various issues. Those issues affect not only us, but the rest of the world.

There was nothing -- nothing -- to celebrate at this inauguration. Trying to hide from the consequences of your choice by focusing on dressed and the attractiveness of Trump's family displays a lack of personal responsibility and an unwillingness to face reality.
Back to top Go down
Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 6:06 pm

All right, this thread is DONE!

We've asked nicely, TWICE, to keep it calm and not go crazy and since we can't do that, I'm closing the thread.

Everyone have a nice day.

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Inauguration Day, America!   Happy Inauguration Day, America! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Inauguration Day, America!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3