Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inauguration Day and after

Go down 
+8
Lunakat
Wiseshaman
Trollbabe
Multi-Facets
sun girl
Zadzi
Miss Gillespie
Davrille
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

Inauguration Day and after - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inauguration Day and after   Inauguration Day and after - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 9:20 pm

G0lden wrote:
Well, the Republican Lead Congress failed to pass their own health plan.  Good thing too.

Remind me to toast the alfs and disir for buyer's remorse.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

Inauguration Day and after - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inauguration Day and after   Inauguration Day and after - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 10:34 pm

Re:  The tiny house movement:  This is off the subject, but my opinion of tiny houses is that they are good solutions for certain spaces or situations.  Depending upon local restrictions, a single tiny house is a good permanent "guest" house in the suburbs, a possible fit for a partial urban lot, and a feasible temporary option for a student, a vacationer or a country landowner.  (In the suburbs, the backyard dwellers would probably have to be grown kids or other close relatives, and not renters or hired help, lest they be breaking the law.)

Locally some environmentalists are planning a mini-subdivision of tiny homes, as low-impact living.  These people don't want a lot of family space or possessions.  They are doing this because of their ideals, and not because they are out of options.

I think tiny homes should be built for people who are in a position to choose how they want to live.  When planning a tiny house neighborhood, we really have to look at the resale value, the potential to fit into the larger community, and whether it makes more sense utility-wise to build duplexes with firewalls.  (In my hometown, we had attractive "seven-units", U-shaped strings of duplex-type units that shared a common front yard and extended porch.)

Tiny-home neighborhoods can also be used as ghettoes to isolate populations that would otherwise be living on the sidewalk.

People can be homeless because of housing costs, housing restrictions, physical or mental disability, medical needs, lack of work and/or social skills, family problems, recent incarceration, lack of documentation, criminal record, substance abuse, any of a number of real or imagined fears, or what we used to call "wanderlust."  Building smaller, more affordable homes may be a solution for some.  But for others, making a place in society is the real challenge.

Inauguration Day and after
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4