Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #21

Go down 
+21
wingthing
manga
Sadachbia
Elwing
Zadzi
Lunakat
Miss Gillespie
jaRf
Sifra
Embala
Davrille
Stargazer
Shadowpath
Startear
Evil Evie
Outlier
Multi-Facets
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
Josine
namuhna
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Zadzi

Zadzi

19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 1:43 am

I'm telling you, it's the goddamn tree that goes. Or some annoying breedeet twerp preserver. It's not going to be an elf or Shuna or whatever. Haven't we learned by now esp in FQ that danger is really, really relative and virtually nonexistent?

19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 3:05 am

Oh, it would be hillarious, if the victim turns out to be Shuna's son, or maybe for some extra punch, she herself

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 5:51 am

IF the future quest still basically canon it is likely that a Preserver will die sooner or later in the story: the one who serves to engineer Rosie. I always thought this would be Petalwing.

But even this can be circumnavigated by cominging up with some random Preserver who dies already in the crash or shortly after.

19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 5:57 am

I place my bet on Chot.

It won't be Redlance. He is on the cover and I think it's a red hering...

I still think Moonshade will/should die for tragic irony's sake... but I also think it's proberly disappointing event like all the other announced events...

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 7:29 am

Multi-Facets wrote:
But if it IS Redlance, I'm joining Redhead Ember on her march. (I mean, if that's cool, Redhead.) Redlance isn't my favorite character, but I like him all the same.

Sure you can join!
Where are you, btw? Coz... I might have to get in some very intensive swim-training for that march...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 5:05 pm

I'm in a small city between Colorado Springs and Castle Rock. It does happen to have a YMCA with a pool my second-oldest niece enjoys.

Anyway, LurkingCat has a point; it's possible Redlance being on the cover is a red herring, in which case I truly hope they're right.

Let's look at the track record: Crescent, Shale, Rain, Brownberry, Foxfur, Longbranch, Eyes-High, One-Eye, Cheipar, Bowki, and Rainsong, Woodlock, and their kids and descendants but for Mender were among the only Wolfriders to die in the comic's run. That's what, about thirteen to fifteen that were shown "on camera" or heavily implied? In comparison, all other deaths have been Sun Folk, Go-Backs, nearly the entire population of Gliders, and possibly even the tribe Dre-Ahn came from. (It'd explain why he's alone.) Odds are, it's possible Redlance will survive.

I hope.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptySat May 27, 2017 3:04 am

I think Savah is a possibility too. She's been "enduring."

Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptySat May 27, 2017 9:37 am

Multi-Facets wrote:

Let's look at the track record: Crescent, Shale, Rain, Brownberry, Foxfur, Longbranch, Eyes-High, One-Eye, Cheipar, Bowki, and Rainsong, Woodlock, and their kids and descendants but for Mender were among the only Wolfriders to die in the comic's run. That's what, about thirteen to fifteen that were shown "on camera" or heavily implied? In comparison, all other deaths have been Sun Folk, Go-Backs, nearly the entire population of Gliders, and possibly even the tribe Dre-Ahn came from. (It'd explain why he's alone.) Odds are, it's possible Redlance will survive.

I hope.

Crescent, Shale, Rain, Brownberry, Foxfur, Longbranch and Eyes-High were already dead when the story began. We only saw their stories retrospectively. Bowki, Rainsong, Woodlock et al all died 'off screen'. The only Wolfriders who have died 'on camera' during the current timeline are One-Eye and Cheipar - a newborn who was introduced just to die in one panel. I wouldn't put money on a major character dying - the Pinis have no real track record of killing current Wolfriders.
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptySat May 27, 2017 6:01 pm

I get that the Wolfriders are the protagonists. But... for characters who are mortal they sure don't die that much, huh?

You know, as long as it isn't Chot, I'm happy. He's the only reason why I keep reading at this point.

19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 Ba_a_f10

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 29, 2017 11:15 am

I agree with Zadzi, I think the "long-enduring character" is going to be the Father Tree.

As much as I would love for either Redlance or Nightfall to pull a Vaya and sacrifice themselves to buy the rest of the elves times to flee the Djun's army, as much as I would like to see some real drama and exploration of emotions and consequences, I just don't think that's possible in the final quest.

I think the art is from the victim's point of view, and the reason it's Redlance and the hidden elves shown is because they are the ones who would have the most emotional response to the destruction of the forest. (Although I'm not sure why the hidden ones would be there. Aren't they far away?")

Hopefully, the forest destruction would force the elves into action of running to the palace and fleeing, making the whole who-stays-who-goes discussion moot.

19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 12010412
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 29, 2017 11:29 am

Outlier I think that's a good possiblity.

19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 10:46 am

Having an actual climactic death would be great (I feel awful for saying that) so long as it's done right. @Shadowpath yes! Down with the beard!

19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 Wolfso10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 2:13 pm

... as long as it's done right. Agreed.

Right for me means: meaningful for the story, in-character and acknowledged as a LOSS by Elves and readers.

Krim was the opposite of "meaningful" for me - beautifully drawn but a life thrown away for show and "expiry date NOW". Not even glory ... all she achieved was an even MORE vengeful Djun.

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 3:10 pm

Yeah. I think both Ruffel and Kahvi's deaths were done better. Mostly because those deaths felt like they had meaning.

It solved a mystery, namely is Kahvi dead or is she alive? Who knows? And when it reached the Go-Backs they celebrated her life in their Go-Back fashion, a dance to spin your head off.It had a real impact.

Ruffel's death had an impact too, not only as the Wolfriders wondered how to honor a fallen of the Sun Folk, as most of these people never had, but it set off a chain of events, namely Moonshade choosing the Palace.

Krim's though. What Embala said comes to mind. Also... First of all when it happened no one had the time to grieve properly, they just had to go! Now! And when they did have time, it was "here in spirit hugging you, okay, it's over, byeee!"

Which made her death feel less meaningful for me.

19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 Ba_a_f10

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 3:32 pm

I donno, Ruffle's death kinda loses its meaningfulness when you consider it just happened to make Skywise sad and unable to plow somebody. Also, it was likely a way to make him want to leave abode.

19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 4:56 pm

I forgot about Ruffel's death! I thought it was properly tragic. She was fairly peripheral character so her staying or going wouldn't have made a difference story-wise, but I thought those final panels with her up to her death were just beautiful , and that includes the art. But then I also did like FQ's few issues, and this was one of them, up to ShenShen's decision to be human shaped (which I also liked).

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 5:13 pm

Ruffel's death wasn't just about making Skywise sad. He would have been happy to leave Abode with her alive, since she was going too. I think Skywise wasn't actually the target of her death. I think Moonshade was the character who was changed by the experience. She was basically sacrificed to confirm Moonshade's loss of faith in "the way."

Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 30, 2017 7:59 pm

Ruffel's death was also part of a wider removal of Skywise's lovemates to make way for TimTam. She died, Newstar met someone else, Aroree had gone off previously with Venka etc. Even though they were all fairly casual lovemates, the Pinis clearly wanted no other emotional ties there when he paired up with his wolf Timmain.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 2:34 am

Definitely agree that there was a 'widening' of the fur sharing circle in regards to Skywise. Doesn't make Ruffel's death any less tragic, but that Timmain/Skywise thing was definitely being paved the way for.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 8:54 am

Agreed. Being Skywise's girlfriend has always been a short lived proposition-- relatively. Lethal for some.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 11:28 am

Maybe the Pinis wanted to "clear the way" for Skywise, but why should he need that? He has no real connection to them, he likes them well enough, but that's all. If Timmain was his "one true love", his one connection, then his former lovers wouldn't matter in this.
And shouldn't the one with the sleek black hair get killed off, too?

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 11:35 am

I think it was half about that and half about Moonshade.

But yeah-- I mean-- index think they were clearing the way for Timmain. It's not as if he hasn't cared about those girls. He was very involved with Aroree, and he has consistently reunited with Ruffel. I think it was just to eliminate any awkwardness -- because Timmain is clearly supposed to be his end all be all, and his character has never given up his extra lovemate a before. So this eliminates that contradiction.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 5:13 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Maybe the Pinis wanted to "clear the way" for Skywise, but why should he need that? He has no real connection to them, he likes them well enough, but that's all. If Timmain was his "one true love", his one connection, then his former lovers wouldn't matter in this.
And shouldn't the one with the sleek black hair get killed off, too?

You mean Maleen and also Vurdah? In a sense they have already been killed off in the sense that they have no storyline (just being seen for a snippet).
I do agree with Lunakat that Ruffel's death was also about Moonshade's whole existential crisis in the longterm (which I am still annoyed about in general).

Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 4:43 pm

My money's on either:

Daboi
Khorbasi
Door
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 8:20 pm

I don't think it will be Door - too early. He's probably needed for the next/last big dramatic crises before the final decisions are made and the big take-off happens. Unless the Door problem will be solved in issue #20 ... or Door and Humans attack simultaniously.

But ... what doing with the last three issues then?

*still waiting for Skywise and/or Timmain and/or Leetah dying* ... but it's too early for such a loss, I guess? And since the last chapter of FQ I don't consider Leetah's physical death anymore.

In FQ #19 is this strange "talk out scene" between Cutter and Timmain she said "NOW TIMMAIN CAN GO." Does anyone understand this? Will this half page be all we will get? "You found the Firstcomer Troll and talked him into coming to the Palce. Everythisn is fine now." "Yeah, we can be best soul-buddies." Seriously, I don't get this talk about Timmain going, Tam staying ... @_@

Is it a hint that Timmain will die? Or just another loose end or misleading?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   19 - Final Quest #21 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #21
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next