Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #21

Go down 
+21
wingthing
manga
Sadachbia
Elwing
Zadzi
Lunakat
Miss Gillespie
jaRf
Sifra
Embala
Davrille
Stargazer
Shadowpath
Startear
Evil Evie
Outlier
Multi-Facets
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
Josine
namuhna
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

Final Quest #21 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 10:12 am

I'm not convinced that Redlance really dying, Leetah might still save him. Or maybe his death is supposed to have some impact on Cutter (heart circle and such)
Judging from those pages, the art is really off (and Savah's copy/paste face is back)

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 1:49 pm

It's kinda fitting if Redlance died at the end of Elfquest tho.

Final Quest #21 - Page 4 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 2:03 pm

@Sifra, I hope you decide to put some more of your work up, I always love it!

As for Redlance dying, the only reason I think so in a small way is because Nightfall is talking again about choice, etc. Like I guess maybe there's some insinuation that Redlance maybe doesn't want to be healed , and would prefer to die, and Nightshade would 'allow' him the choice and be okay with it.

It is curious though how that last page of the preview with Egg and Dodia etc isn't showing up on the EQ site.

Final Quest #21 - Page 4 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 2:07 pm

The last page isn't showing up on this site now either. I saw it earlier and just now when I went back for a second look it was gone.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 2:23 pm

XD ... maybe they accidentally put up a true spoiler - and gave away the solution of the Door problem. Last not least he's all in tears in the last panel.

Final Quest #21 - Page 4 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 4:39 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:
I'm not convinced that Redlance really dying, Leetah might still save him. Or maybe his death is supposed to have some impact on Cutter (heart circle and such)
Judging from those pages, the art is really off (and Savah's copy/paste face is back)

Actually, it's the fact that Nightfall is asking him what he wants, rather than simply call for Leetah, that makes me think that he might very well die. I wouldn't be surprised if his answer is basically It's time, Twen. He might decide that he's cheated death plenty of times of times already, but now it's time to move on.

In fact, someone on FB pointed out that his death might have been hinted at all the way back here

As for how it might affect Cutter; maybe it will affect him in a good way? Not that I think Cutter will be happy about it, but maybe it will be a confirmation that they're still Wolfriders, living and dying.
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 11:45 pm

Shadowpath wrote:

Woah, you mean because he almost died in the very beginning of Elfquest? That's quite a profound thought. The first of the Wolfriders to cheat death because of Leetah.

All I know is that if he or anyone else dies I will probably cry, no matter how its written. I can just feel it in my bones. *wants to cry now just thinking about it.*

Final Quest #21 - Page 4 Wolfso10
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Evil Evie wrote:
Shadowpath wrote:

Woah, you mean because he almost died in the very beginning of Elfquest?

Yup.

Final Quest #21 - Page 4 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Evil Evie wrote:
All I know is that if he or anyone else dies I will probably cry, no matter how its written. I can just feel it in my bones. *wants to cry now just thinking about it.*

I'll admit, odds are I could cry too.

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 4:29 am

well. I just read it. I am sadly very underwhelmed. Very much so. This was beyond safe choices, it was just absurdly unnecessary.

*Spoilers*

Bringing back a character which was neither pivotal nor important and then killing him off felt like a complete waste of time. What exactly was the point of that, to make it look like stakes were raised? I would've felt sadder if a preserver had died - it actually would've been more interesting.
This was not a good death, it was entirely pointless in terms of storyline. Completely useless.There would've been so many ways to do this which didnt include death, which would've been potentially interesting. But no, let's pretend the stakes are raised, then bring back a very peripheral character which we will make seem like a a big threat, and then just completely eliminate him. See? There was a death! And he was 'at peace'!

Jeez, where is the vomitorium ?

I can handle bad , I can handle terrible also. But I guess I cannot handle mediocrity.This is realy dull!
I am sorry, I feel bad saying it, but it is!
What the hell is going on that crap like this is written in?!

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 4:37 am

I'm out, I am going to follow my free links instead to read this from now on. I'm completely out.
I have nothing against 'change' in a story, hell, i welcome that. But when it is not well done and really so clunky , and in general has gotten very unsatisfying, I just wonder what the point is.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 5:31 am

There was one good page, storywise-- and it was the last one.

Is Sonny drunk?

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 10:47 am

I saw new issue show up in my app while watching the last instalment of Game of Thrones and surprisingly, there are a lot of parallels.
EQ and GoT both used to be engaging and entertaining and now both have lost it. The facial expressions of the EQ elves are as convincing as Emilia Clarke's acting; the story develops as the plot demands it and therefore we got plotholes everywhere. Yeah, and the red shirts are a northern tribe. While GRRM is to blame to have sold his work to screenplay writers who can't come up with good plots if they can't fall back on his books, Wendy herself is responsible for the mess which is FiQu. And at least GoT is pretty to look at, no one can say this of FiQu.

The character design of Door reminds me of Voldemort in the Harry Potter movies. Dodia's old design was nicer and someone should do something about Aurek's posture.

And why exactly should it be against "the way" to use firearms? Because they don't feel new age-y? Firearms are just as artificial as swords and throwing knives.

Zadzi is right, this issue was pointless and bland.
And Luna's right, that only the last page looked nice

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 11:00 am

The last page was good. Otherwise I'll echo Yun...hmph.

Also, elder offspring?
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 12:36 pm

I'm not sure I even want to know...
I read about a new issue and realised I have no idea what happened in the last couple of issues. Nothing that happens seems to matter, so it's utterly forgettable to me. (Except for the Timmain/Cutter thing, which I wish I could forget. The stoned look Cutter has had since then haunts me in my nightmares.)

Final Quest #21 - Page 4 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 2:54 pm

I got exactly the same issue Sifra. At this point, nothing matters anymore. There is no reason to care about the characters because nothing they do has any meaning. It makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 3:00 pm

It makes me sad as well. There was a time when Elfquest was one of the most important story's to me, and I spent hours fantasizing about the characters, and trying to collect all the issues. It is a shame they didn't end Elfquest when they could still make good story's and good art.

Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 3:28 pm

I agree, it's all so pointless. Not that FiQu has ever had much of a plot, but nothing in this issue moved what little plot there is forward. It just seems like random disjointed events thrown in for the sake of it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Spoiler:
I did not believe it was possible, but this issue is so much worse than any other issue ever.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 5:51 pm

*grmpfl*

Hmmm ... I kinda like what I got. I got new pictures for possible collages and other use. Pictures of rarely seen dead Elves, living Elves and a totally new elf. Names for nameless Elves.
I liked to go the story of the little Palace "full circle". ^^
And I liked to learn about the fat of some "lost endings" - Door, Dodia and FinallyNamed. ^^
My standards are not high anymore, are they?

I would like the Door story better if that would have appeared in a series of single issues following the fate / story of single elves. And honestly - I'm so tired of pointless death. Uhm ... I see why a very ancient elf can get tired of hardships and unhappy life - but this happening right at the beginning of a world of new possibilities? (if the Palace is so great there should be a world of new possibilities)
And I get that an elf can die by will - spirit leaving the shell. But - desintegrating? Unnessecary. And  killing compassion - as far as I'm concerned.
(Seriously - this reminds me of an AU story I've read recently and this one  - those two! - were better founded.)

And taking Krim's death as a shining example for doing it for love  ... Rolling Eyes Seriously?

And still ... I was happily smiling for all the new character pics I got from old Gliders and new Palace Folk. Looks like I'm at peace. Very Happy

This story leaves ONE question for me - if Yun is "elder" offspring this would mean that there is a "younger" offspring ... in the making?

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.

Last edited by Embala on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 7:16 pm

I guess everyone is reading the comic online, no longer on paper? I'm still waiting for mine. But even with trying to avoid the spoilers and just quickly wiping my eyes over the thread you made my mouth water. Oh, well. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 7:23 pm

My issues are reserved for me at my comic shop, jaRf. Smile The FQ ... and even the collections and more.

It's half an our by train - in one direction - so I pick them up occationally when I'm at town anyway. And see how I can catch the issues online to read early.

I plan to complete my collection.

Last edited by Embala on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 9:37 pm

I read FQ online and buy the bundles afterwards.

This issue was kinda lame, they saved the rootless ones without struggle, Redlance chose life (thank god), the Door arc meets an anticlimactic end. Harotim looks a bit weird, not really Pini like? idk, he reminds me more of the style of a different previous EQ artist

Seems to me like the main purpose of this issue was to give names to characters that were previously unnamed (bunch of gliders, Dodia's son). FQ is after all 'tying up lose ends' (though it doesn't do so very well).

Final Quest #21 - Page 4 ZL1JzY2
Previously known as Zinegirl
Back to top Go down
http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
Sadachbia

Sadachbia

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 12:01 am

Quote :
This story leaves ONE question for me - if Yun is "elder" offspring this would mean that there is a "younger" offspring ... in the making?

Consensus in the Facebook group seems to be it's "elder" in the same way Shenshen is now the "elder" sister—it refers to years lived. We don't know exactly how long Yun spent in wrapstuff, so it's possible she's like 500 compared to Skywise's…what, sub-100? I think he was like 40 in the OQ, but I don't know his exact age offhand.
Back to top Go down
http://AmethystSadachbia.deviantART.com
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 12:01 am

Burning questions from this issue:

Why can't Skywise take everyone, at once, to safety? Why does he have to leave anyone behind?

Why do Door's clothes fall off as soon as Timmain sends to him? She really hates clothing, doesn't she?

If Door wants to be taken back to the time before the cone heads chose form, does that mean he is one of the first comers?

Why does Aurek's robe make him transparent?

If Yun wanted a piece of the palace, couldn't they have broken off a little piece at any time? Couldn't they just leave the pod behind for Abode's use?

Overall, I didn't feel like this issue was any worse or better than anything else in the series. I thought some of the art was pretty well done, particularly the scenes with Nightfall, and the end bit with Cutter and Skywise. The palace scenes with the Gliders are horrible. The palace seems to make everyone botoxed and mannequin-like.

This has to be the best moment:
Final Quest #21 - Page 4 Img_2012

Although it does leave me wondering why a fungi needs such spherical and prominent breasts.

Final Quest #21 - Page 4 12010412
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #21
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next