Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 9:52 pm

It was a place in which I could be my Troll self.  I remember creating Troll characters and sharing gossip about everything that was going on in the Troll caverns.

I once made Elfpop laugh, by saying the Palace crashed because the male High Ones wouldn't ask for directions. I also remember explaining to him that some Trolls believe that Guttkekraw sealed his own doom by using magic, via rock-shaping Elf slaves.  They found this a greater moral offense than slavery.  And that a few Trolls have decorations resembling a Madonna and child portrait, with a green Winnowill holding an infant Two-Edge.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 10:01 pm

Drinking I actually remember some of this! sunny I was fascinated.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 pm

Thanks, it was fun.  My cast of characters included:

Me, Trollbabe, a working-class Troll of several centuries.

A disgruntled human suburban dweller, who complained that treehshaping Elves had ruined a tree in his yard, and that the behavior of squatter Elves and wolves was making life unbearable.

A male cousin who stole my bag of Fun Guy fungus chips.  I don't recall what I named him.

Professor Verbena, a human professor at Old Maggoty Institute (OMI, pronounced "Oh My.")  She had tenure, but as she was a human, so that didn't mean much.  She suffered from lack of Vitamin D.

Auntie Oakgall, my beloved elder who often shared Troll history with me, as well as the Troll perspective of Elfin history.

OMI had an alumni association called Oh My Gosh, and a charitable organization called Oh My Goodness.  Their sports team fight song began, "Oh My, Oh My, (Name of opposing team), Prepare to die!"

Last edited by Trollbabe on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 3:50 am

Yeah-- the site seems totally gone now.

Last edited by Lunakat on Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 6:24 am

It's so hard to build and so much fun at the same time.
So easy to destroy. Was this fun too for you? Or just disregard?

Rest in peace, my old Scroll. Sad Thank you for fun and creativity and friends you brought. Some things will last! Smile

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 7:25 am

Could be a temporary downtime due to larger server updates or a mess-up in the datacenter. I'd give it some more time...
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 8:33 am

That would surprise me. They closed the old forum because they didn't like what it represented, why should they invest anything to prop up its remnants?

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 10:24 am

I'm still able to poke around in the old thread right now.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 10:50 am

me too ... one that's in the cache of my comp (means: where I've looked right before the disappearance)

I'd like to try nevertheless - give me your link, Evie?

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:03 am

Lin?

I looked around a bit more and I can access some threads but not others. Doesn't seem to be any rhythm or reason though. Like weather I've ever looked at them before or not has no effect on it.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:10 am

strange ... I'll keep this in mind and try to reach my links before I delete them.

Can you post a link that is working for you right now, Evie? (the url in your browser)

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:11 am

Oh, I'm using the one at the top of this thread.

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:13 am

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:14 am

Looks like it's back! I guess that will teach me to throw around insults. Bad me.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:19 am

Okay ... part of it is working indeed. For now at least! Reason to hurry for me ...

Threads I KNOW I havn't toucht for a long time seem to hide. Rather randomly, tho...

Thank you, Evie!

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:31 am

Hurry! Hurry!

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 4:57 pm

It is ... really back? Shocked Suspect Very Happy ... okay, I will be VERY busy.

Who knows how long I'll be lucky this time ...

One hour later: It's gone again for me ... at least the Keeping in Character part.
I just wish to find out whether it's a problem with access at my site ... a maintenance glitch ... or some cruel roulette thought out by evil spirits.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 6:11 pm

I got bits and pieces and some more threads as a whole. Very Happy Thanks for the heads-up, Evie. Smile

Right now I have no acess at all.
In case someone has a working link please post it here for me to try.
Thank you!

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 7:15 pm

Not getting anything here. Some twedge must be pulling our chain.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 7:49 pm

@Trollbabe wrote:
Thanks, it was fun.  My cast of characters included:

Me, Trollbabe, a working-class Troll of several centuries.

A disgruntled human suburban dweller, who complained that treehshaping Elves had ruined a tree in his yard, and that the behavior of squatter Elves and wolves was making life unbearable.

A male cousin who stole my bag of Fun Guy fungus chips.  I don't recall what I named him.

Professor Verbena, a human professor at Old Maggoty Institute (OMI, pronounced "Oh My.")  She had tenure, but as she was a human, so that didn't mean much.  She suffered from lack of Vitamin D.

Auntie Oakgall, my beloved elder who often shared Troll history with me, as well as the Troll perspective of Elfin history.

OMI had an alumni association called Oh My Gosh, and a charitable organization called Oh My Goodness.  Their sports team fight song began, "Oh My, Oh My, (Name of opposing team), Prepare to die!"
I recall Professor Verbena. And Trollbabe of course! I've read by far not enough back at this time. The SoC was so rich. I wish I'dbeen able to save more ... including your 'Trollogies', Trollbabe. Hug

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 7:51 pm

I'll just have to write some more Troll tales.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 10:28 pm

I don't see anything again.

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 10:41 pm

I can't access it at all now either. So sad. I used to, and still did occasionally, read all the wonderful ff stories and great discussions. We'll just have to flesh this one out more now.

Please write more troll stories troll babe, I don't think I ever had the chance to read those and they sound great!

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 10:45 pm

They stated on Facebook... The Elfquest web site is undergoing maintenance today, Friday, June 23. We expect the site to be offline starting around noon Eastern US time, and for a couple of hours. Don't worry; all is well - these are necessary upgrades to keep things running smoothly. Thanks for your patience.

Not sure what all "maintenance" was being done, but I get nothing when trying to click anything forum related either.

New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 Santa_10New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 Downlo23New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 Av_cut10New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 12:16 am

So its back up, but before anyone gets upset when seeing so much missing, please keep something in mind. In the past when maintenance or upgrades were done with the Scrolls, there were usually a slew of glitches after one was done. So I'm guessing that's what happened and why images and posts are missing

Just my 2 cents

New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 Santa_10New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 Downlo23New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 Av_cut10New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum   New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Elfquest page totally eliminated the forum
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next