Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Copyright / Netiquette Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Copyright / Netiquette Question Empty
PostSubject: Copyright / Netiquette Question   Copyright / Netiquette Question EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:05 am

Is it allowed to repost contributions from another forum when I put it in quotes and name the poster and the original place?

1. It's something I wonder for quite some time.
2. I'd like to repost the old grab-bags from the Scroll of Colors

Is there general advice / netiquette?
How would you feel as an "original poster" about it?
Does it make a difference that in this case the "environment" would be similar?

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Copyright / Netiquette Question   Copyright / Netiquette Question EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:17 am

I think you can repost from the old Scroll. This is basically supposed to be a continuation of that.

If you were reposting from an unrelated forum, then I'd say check with the person. But we're all the same people having all the same discussions in the same format around the same topics.. so as long as you credit the original writer, I don't think there should be any problem with that.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Copyright / Netiquette Question   Copyright / Netiquette Question EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Thank you for your advice, Lunakat! Of course that's the answer I've hoped for. Giving credit will be self-evident. Including the original writers is as important for me as the content itself.

More input anyone?

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Copyright / Netiquette Question   Copyright / Netiquette Question EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 10:49 pm

I believe Luna is correct. Just credit the member/writer. If ever there's a problem and someone voices against it (the person whose writing you posted), we can always remove it

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Copyright / Netiquette Question   Copyright / Netiquette Question EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 8:40 am

Thank you, Kindredsoul. I'll take it as an official permission.

Given the current state of the old SoC I'll start re-posing the old grab bags as far as I could save them.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Copyright / Netiquette Question   Copyright / Netiquette Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Copyright / Netiquette Question
Page 1 of 1