Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #22

Go down 
+26
Startear
Kojiyumi
Stormcatcher
Prism
Wisp
namuhna
Arthis
Blackbird
sun girl
Anduinel
wingthing
manga
Miss Gillespie
Josine
Lunakat
jaRf
Sifra
Embala
Zadzi
Multi-Facets
Outlier
Bluetree
Stargazer
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
Davrille
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
jaRf

jaRf

6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 1:26 pm

I wonder how people established that the figure, which is just depicted as a small silhouette, is naked. But okay.

I'd fear it's Rayek being left behind with Winnie + Ekuar and that R.'s Curse is still coming true (gah!!), though I'd wonder why that would already happen in issue 22 when they had planned like 25 issues according to the text.
Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 1:33 pm

I think it's Windkin.
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 1:40 pm

I have no idea why he is naked. But I like the idea. Besides, most elves wear clothes so skimpy and tight they might as well be naked... Razz
I'm all for Rayek or Windkin be in the spotlights. They are both fun.

6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 2:14 pm

the figure has straight hair, so probably not Windkin.
25 issues, I always thought it's going to be 24? They want to drag it out even more?

edit: egh, there is going to be a time skip, in #22, maybe #23. "The palace, which left the world of two moons with its magical, graceful immortal passengers comes back for a celebration with those, who stayed behind. New loves blossoms, old rivalries resurface, while the Djunslander attacker press ever closer to the ancient, sacred Father Tree Holt of the Wolfriders".

Do you think, Wendy (or Richard, actually) is going to remember, that time goes different for those on a planet and those on a spaceship with the speed of light?

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Time has never been a strong point of EQ so I'm thinking no, they either won't remember or they'll come up with an obscure explanation

6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 4:13 pm

In this case there would be a very simple and well-established explanation:
The Palace can travel in time. They can return at any point of time they like.

6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.

Last edited by Embala on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 5:49 pm

Where is the blurb from?

i think time travel would make sense-- otherwise, it's a heck of a long time that the Djun is taking to get to the Father Tree.

Also... that would be a lot of issues devoted to celebrating, partying and romance.

Maybe the immortal elves know approximately when disaster is going to strike, in the form of the Djun, and come back right before... not just to party, but to offer an escape route?

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 11:40 pm

Like a second chance ? I hope so. Although I with Timmain being so controlling, I wonder. Are elves even allowed to change their minds? Or will Timmain be like, This Is Your Lesson Of Pain, So You Must Remain .... (hey, that rhymed ! Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 5:32 am

"as the Palace of the High Ones makes ready to depart the World of Two Moons . . . forever?" that sounds like the palace might leave the planet, yet, the "...forever"-part makes it pretty clear it won't stay away.
Yeah, introducing the palace and its many powers, especially the time-travelling aspect, is a huge blow to the story.
Why can't they use it as an offensive weapon? Didn't they use it as such against that evil Wavedancer chief? Why can't they use it as an defensive weapon? Or simply as protection? Even if they can't use it to protect elves from harm in the past, why shouldn't they use it to protect elves from harm in the presence? If the palace can time travel, why should any elf in the future suffer harm, the palace should be able to pop up whenever it wants. How does an immortal elf, born after the palace left, prove, it really wants to leave the planet?

The answers to all this is "reasons" and "the plot demands it" and these aren't really good answers

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 9:53 pm

It's an arbitrary rule created to counter a deus ex machina plot element.

Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 10:33 am

Sifra wrote:
It looks like the naked flying person is sending out a beam, or catching one. Rayek is the only one who can shoot stuff or something like that, right? I'm not sure I remember it correctly. Embarassed
That beam is the palace that's flown away I think

6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 ZL1JzY2
Previously known as Zinegirl
Back to top Go down
http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 4:27 am

I think it's a smudge, there was a stain from a beer glass and someone just carelessly wiped it away...

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 3:03 pm

I actually don't see a problem with this cover. It's sweet and a little poignant.

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 6:29 am

I dreamed I read the new issue. The humans finally arrived at the holt, but after a good talk with Cutter (probably a Timmain-like new age speech) they decided not to fight and to go home.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 1:43 pm

... und wenn sie nicht gestorben sind, dann leben sie noch heute. ^^

(And they all lived happily ever after.)

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 3:48 am

Sifra wrote:
I dreamed I read the new issue. The humans finally arrived at the holt, but after a good talk with Cutter (probably a Timmain-like new age speech) they decided not to fight and to go home.

"...but after a good talk with Cutter  they shook their heads in terror and fled decided not to fight and to go home..."

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 6:48 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Sifra wrote:

"...but after a good talk with Cutter  they shook their heads in terror and fled decided not to fight and to go home..."

Understandable. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 11:45 am

Razz

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Okay, there's a new stunning surpise announced.

This costume shot from the Elfquest Public Group goes with this:
Wendy Pini wrote:
Oh, my my my! Leetah looks smashing in turquoise and green...we all know this. But THIS costume harks back to her action-oriented outfit in "Siege at Blue Mountain" - and even further back to the first ensemble we saw her wear in the Sun Village. Can't show you her face and hair because there's a top secret surprise you'll just have to wait to be revealed in ish #22! But don't these leathers look like a luscious Autumn leaf?

Wild guess: As her hair seems to be turned to common brown ...

... I'd say her ears are round. Wink

(okay, there should be two more fingers - but small fingers can be hidden)

Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 8:03 pm

I like the outfit. The colors work better then I think the seige at blue mountain colors did.

A human version of Leetah? Now that would be interesting! The hair color doesn't really say anything to me, I feel like her hair is always all over the place depending on colorist, lighting tone and book, but the fact that they won't show her face does say a lot about the type of surprise. I think Wendy just wants to give it away.

6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 Wolfso10
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 8:16 pm

Embala wrote:
Okay, there's a new stunning surpise announced.

This costume shot from the Elfquest Public Group goes with this:
Wendy Pini wrote:
Oh, my my my! Leetah looks smashing in turquoise and green...we all know this. But THIS costume harks back to her action-oriented outfit in "Siege at Blue Mountain" - and even further back to the first ensemble we saw her wear in the Sun Village. Can't show you her face and hair because there's a top secret surprise you'll just have to wait to be revealed in ish #22! But don't these leathers look like a luscious Autumn leaf?

Wild guess: As her hair seems to be turned to common brown ...

... I'd say her ears are round. Wink

(okay, there should be two more fingers - but small fingers can be hidden)
*Looks at art*
Bleh.

Is the surprise she put actual effort into drawing her face and not copy pasted it again.

6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 12:47 am

Maybe she's got a chief's knot in her hair .

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 5:55 am

Plot twist: Leetah is a horcrux (sp? you know, that thing in the Harry Potter stories) of the soul of the guy Timmain kinda recognised in Hidden Years. In the picture we see Leetah with his face. Full circle, you know: three high ones reborn into smaller versions (Timmain = Cutter; Leetah = that guy; Skywise = the female stargazer).

I believe, that most, if not all of the elves, who decide to stay on tWoTM will shapeshift into humans (even if fans won't like this). Most of the positive dreams in Dreamtime hinted to this, Nightfall's dream ended with an "easy solution hidden in plain sight" as well.

The outfit looks nice in principal, I just can't force myself in liking anything shaded in PS with a large, soft airbrush.

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 7:26 pm

I think it being Leetah is too easy. It's no surprise at all. What if it is another time jump and this is their new daughter?
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Heck, if the time-skip's long enough, it could be Ember's and Teir's. :-P

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #22
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next