Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #22

Go down 
+26
Startear
Kojiyumi
Stormcatcher
Prism
Wisp
namuhna
Arthis
Blackbird
sun girl
Anduinel
wingthing
manga
Miss Gillespie
Josine
Lunakat
jaRf
Sifra
Embala
Zadzi
Multi-Facets
Outlier
Bluetree
Stargazer
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
Davrille
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Zadzi wrote:
Maybe she's got a chief's knot in her hair .

Would people really notice that? She already has her up in a knot.

6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 6:51 pm

oh yeah, I forgot lol. Her hair's so big and poofy I forget.

6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 12:42 pm

I think the skin tone of this elf is too dark to be the child of Ember and Teir. Could be Leetah, could be TimeSkipped Child.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Wendy stated it is Leetah (I think?). I'm wondering why the hair and face would be a giveaway? Someone theorized a scar... but Leetah could heal any injury she had (unless she chose not to). Someone else suggested she might be wearing a chief's knot. I like the idea of that-- that she might step up in Cutter's place if he were incapacitated or had to go do something else. Someone else guessed she may have made herself look human. That I think would be a nice direction for things to go... if the remaining elves decided to become human looking in order to blend in and hide in plain sight. Their appearance is human contrived anyway- right?

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 3:07 pm

Well the quote from Wendy certainly implies that it is Leetah. But why the coyness around something that's not much of a surprise?
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Every time a surprise is hinted, we think it will be something cool and it turns out to be something stupid. I think Leetah has new earrings, shaped in special symbols that signify her new bond with Cutter. Or something like that.
I think a time-skipped child is also a very good possibility.

Edit: My husband sais she probably grew a mustache. Laughing

6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 5:53 pm

That's it!

Leetah added wolfblood to her heritage ... overdosed ... and now she grows facefur! Twisted Evil

6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 6:13 pm

Embala wrote:
That's it!

Leetah added wolfblood to her heritage ... overdosed ... and now she grows facefur! Twisted Evil

LoooooooooL! This is hilarious.
Actually it's kinda interesting. Not the face fur thing (though that is really funny) but the wolfblood thing. Maybe she's smiling and has canine fangs lol.

It might all be very silly though , like Sifra says... new earrings *eyeroll* ... something really not a big deal or something very weird and still very silly.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 12:39 am

It's going to be something very lame, at this point we can only have pleasant surprises, don't we? Our expectations are just that low.

Although I think that most elves will take on human forms at some point, her shape seems elven to me. Shenshen got a really long and stretched shape when she took on a human form.

Oooh, maybe some new eye shadow? Like, not green?
Wait, if you look closely, her earrings actually look different, it's neither peacock feathers nor the golden bangles, they look like tassels Rolling Eyes

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 10:43 am

It won’t be wolfblood. I’m sure she told Skywise she can’t put it back in and if she can’t give it back to someone who once had it I doubt she can give it to someone who never did.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 3:46 pm

She did say that... but she also said it before the Palace and knowledge of how to use it was fully restored. Maybe that's changed? (Though as none of the other wolf-blooded females grew face-fur, I doubt she'll have mustache.) Or maybe she was able to absorb some of it from Moonshade! That would make sense. As much as anything in FQ, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 3:57 pm

Maybe it's similar to what Embala thought: Maybe Leetah somehow made herself mortal, and she's starting to look aged.

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Now that would be an interesting development!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 4:13 pm

Well ... I've joked. ^^

But it would be interesting indeed! Especially if Leetah would have done it before she knew about the TimTam connection.

6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Mmmmmm, I think our speculations might be infinitely more interesting than the 'reality' of what we're going to see... but turning human / looking human would also be a very practical choice as well. No doubt there are those who would totally and utterly rail against it (Strongbow lol... and probably Ember and Scouter and all those guys)...but maybe the others would be more pragmatic. Who's to say?

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 11:01 pm

Multi-Facets wrote:
Maybe it's similar to what Embala thought: Maybe Leetah somehow made herself mortal, and she's starting to look aged.
manga wrote:
Now that would be an interesting development!

It would be really interesting to see aged Wolfriders for once.

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 11:20 pm

Unfortunately the flaw in this idea is that even if Leetah did make herself mortal, she's only about six hundred years old and out of a Wolf Rider's estimated 3000 she would not be starting to look aged.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 12:01 am

It's gotta be more than that by now? She was 600 when she met Cutter... How much time has passed? I mean, I know there was all the KOtBW stuff but it's got to be more time...

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 12:03 am

about 640 years, I guess

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 7:39 am

She is "of an age" with Cutter now.

Though I suppose with her powers she could age herself as a demonstration and then reset. It would be quite the development for someone who once considered death her enemy.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 11:50 am

Why should she demonstrate "age" unless it was to frighten mortal Wolfriders? Also, do you think Wendy would draw an aged character on such a plump and juicy body? Possibly, but...

So it's quite possible that the palace is leaving next issue, maybe Leetah's new outfit is merging her Wolfrider and Sun Folk aspects, since now she is the last representative of the Sun Folk on Abode*? The new colours are the colours of the forest and the desert, aren't they? There are elements of Wolfrider and Sun Folk style in it.

[edit]this would also work perfectly with the "it's going to be something lame" theme; Leetah had never any issues where she belonged to[/edit]

*Let's ignore Newstar's new boyfriend.

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 12:31 pm

She might demonstrate age to show she has the wolf blood now. But you're right about the rest of the body shape not matching that idea.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 4:15 pm

I keep forgetting how wonky the timelines tend to be in EQ in general.... I don't think Leetah's bod would age, but maybe Wendy put some laugh lines on her face (doubt it though. Not even 'the elders' have wrinkles) . It's ok, I don't mind, it's not like I read fantasy comics, looking for anything aesthetically 'realistic'.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 11:59 pm

You know what I like about Leetah's outfit? It looks as if it could have been made from the same material as Tyleet's... as if someone killed a large animal or two and the skins were put to use. It always seemed impractical for the Wolfriders to use so many different colors and styles of fabric in their outfits... considering how time consuming it must be to make their clothes from leather (not to mention hunto down myriad animals!) I was always impressed by and felt a little sorry for Moonshade-- so much diligence, so much work!

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 1:19 am

Realisms obviously applies as much to the clothings production as it does to the ageing of the characters. I don't think too hard about it

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #22   6 - Final Quest #22 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #22
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next