Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 1:04 pm

So many pretties! Dewshine

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 7:44 pm

Oh Scouter and Teir, nice one for the boys. Lovely Aroree in vibrant purple.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 2:10 am

Awww... I see it was a good idea to include little Korafay! Babies are irresistible. I love you And she inspired Cleopatra to comment again!

I must admit that this first Tyldak still feels like my best solution to capture his full head shot, fae. *is a bit pround of this one*

I always try to bring some contrast in the calendar - be it color, unusual baubles, characters of all tribes or a little fun then and now. Glad to know it works, G0lden. Very Happy

So eager and loving again, Wolfie! *hugs and dances with you*
Looking at the Trolls' ornament as a mine cart is very appropriate indeed. Those "chairs" fit well for Treestump and Clearbrook ... I couldn't resist to make her braid "break the wall" and lay it around the candle. *chuckles* I've thought of a bath tub for the Wavedancers as well! Wink Your last interpretation of the Scouter/Teir moment is right.
As usual the "old ones" get love and attention from you, too. Aroree turned out very ethereal. The baubleheads are always special ... it's fun to play with possibilities and to think outside the box at times.
Oldies are goodies ... Petalwing must be in the Nostalgia series! Preserver

My thought for Scouter and Teir was "mentor and student" ... but of course you are right, Redhead. Even though they were not aware of their relationship at this moment ...

It's wonderful to see you look in, Beryl ... to know you enjoy is even better. Hug

Welcome to the Advent calendar, Leanan.  rendeer  There will be much more - the calendars will go on until January 6th and there are the 12 Nights coming up. How did you know that I've finisahed your baublehead yesterday? Wink

12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 2015_l10 Your Merwin was so tempting ...

Thank you so much for the great appreciation and praise, Hammer! It's fun to make those minature collages ... but it's the feedback and joy of my visitors that makes me go at length.

Thank you for all your loving comments. Each of you is part of this Advent calendar and your following, your visits and your contributions make it a success. santa

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 4:46 am

Well, hello there, Tam. Nice seeing you, both of you! Or are you just...

Cutter Cool Timmain

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 1:04 pm

I love the new made bauble for Leanan, Embala! Very beautiful! I love the effect you made in her bauble and that beautiful blue color of course! Love the background as well!

Awww! Little Suntop and little Ember! Suntop Uncomfortable Ember Gold for Suntop and red for Ember, these colors were made for them! It's great to see the siblings back together! I love that you made their baubles small! They were cubs after all! I like the background as well. I love the images you used. They look so exited and happy!

Cutter and Timmain! The Tams! Or just Tam? Cutter Growl Timmain  Anyway, It's great to see the both of them together, Embala! Specially after final quest #12!! I live these images you used! I love the position of cutter, looking at her, while she sits in her chair. Kinda love seeing Petalwing as well, sitting on her shoulder like that Preserver Perfect colors for their baubles and i love that their baubles look so shiney! Very beautifull background! I can't seem to see what's in their background. I'ts very pretty!

I love that you always make time to give everyone your feedback! Wonderful feedback! Hug
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Whee a Winnie bauble! Thank you, Embala! It looks awesome! Winnie Evil (Winnie likes it too!)

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 4:03 pm

Advent Calendar 2015 - FQ Couples 12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 There_10 The child is the link!

Yeah, it's puzzling with this Cutter-TAM-Timmain thing ... worth some more exploration, won't you think so Redhead? ^^

The little twins had to be together in the Original Quest calendar ... and the gold and red was really made for them. I'm glad the moment between Cutter and Timmain is recognizable and that the positions still show, Wolfie. I've chosen to show Petalwing in this shot to have a Preserver in the calendar. Then I found another opportunity ... not shown in the FQ but very fitting. Stay tuned for another Petalwing appearance.

When I saw this bauble some weeks ago I knew it was made for your avatar and reserved it for Merwin. Glad you like it so much, Leanan! *very glad that Winnowill approves too*

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Well look at what we got now. Cutter and Timmain. and then Mender and maggoty.

Love the older ones of the Ember and suntop when they were so little. Ekuar in his winter gear.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 5:57 am

Cutter and Timmain ... what was clear is a most complicated relationship now. I'm up to explore it a bit more. And with Mender any relationship can be ... uhm ... complicated. ^^ You should know that I see this poinsettia as the Abodian equivalent of a mistletoe - and now look at the expressions again! There's a story of it's own going on ... ^^
The twins and Ekuar how we always love them had to be in this first calendar, G0lden.

And there is one more very old and hardly seen scene I want to drop today ...

12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 2015_b12

Bearclaw and cub looking forward to Christmas too.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 6:12 am

"True love"

Razz

(Think Trinket might get jealous!) Trinket

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Bearclaw and cub! I always used to love this image! I still do.
Very nice shaped bauble! I love that it looks like it's snowing! Very nice!

Hahaha! Mender and Maggoty! I love that you used them! I remeber that moment. I love the imaged you used, you don't have to guess what's going on! XD I love the colors of both baubles and that extra flower christmass wreath! As if their baubles are presents! Which in a way, they are! I love that you used an black background for this one! It makes the bright colors come trough.

Awww! Sweet Ekuar! Ekuar Beautiful silver bauble! He looks pretty peacefull.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Lunakat is baublehead! cheers *happy dance*

Who knows. Troll Tongue Mender may try troll kiss, Redhead ... and we'll better not tell Trinket! ^^

The calendar ornaments as a present for my tribemates ... that's a dear, loving thought, Wolfie. If I can make a gift this way I'm happy. Very Happy

After several festive calendars I wanted to point out the dark side of EQ as well ... but without spoiling the Christmas mood. The German "Rauhnacht" (12 Nights of Christmas), an ancient tradition in the Alpes (google "Perchten") came in mind. There is belief that in these nights good and bad spirits visit the Humans, watching whether they live true to the rules. Here I had my bad guys, a time for them and a reason!

And when you find your favorite character among the villians, rogues and monster it does not mean that I condemn them. They may be ambivalent for me ... or act as an enemy at a certain time ... simply look like a monster in Human eyes ... or represent lingering dangers.

The 12 Nights are ahead ... you've noticed that there are 14 little windows. I include the Night of Thomas and Christmas Eve, therefore the first door will open tonight. And from Christmas Eve til Three Kings there will be one more ornament per day - two in the morning and one in the evening (talking of Central European Time CET = UTC+1).

Be ready to find some "not so nice" characters there - and maybe a cruel sight.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 2:17 am

Venka and an unknown Go-back. Pike in cherry red or would that be dreamberry red?

Reef in his new form.

Love the oldie with Bearclaw and a young Cutter.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 5:11 am

Love Venka and the Go-Back!

Venka

And Reef in his new form.

:reef:

Suggestion for next year's theme; ORGY!

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 1:46 pm

Venka and an unknown Go-back! Venka They look so lovely! Love those shiny and warm effects in both baubles! I love their postions.

WOW! Reef in his new form! :reef: I really love the colors in both the bauble and background! I love that we also see Reef in his elf form. Both seem to be sending, maybe to... each other?

Awww Pike!! Laughing Pike I always love that young image of him! I love the purple light background for him! I love that you used a red bauble for him! Like a cherry!! Or better, a red dreamberry!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 6:45 pm

I'd call it dreamberry red, G0lden ... and dreamberry mist. ^^
I had never seen this heartwarming father-son scene before it was posted on Elfquest.com. Was a must-do!

Glad you like the additions, Redhead. Very Happy Wouldn't "orgy" be slightly one-sided ... especially for Christmas?

Shadowpath has suggested this moment for Venka and company ... she did very well! Smile
I flatter myself for having a better coloring for new Reef than the original. ^^ You've spotted original Reef, Wolfie! Thanks for this. I love you And I like your idea about the sending ...

I think you are lurking, PC ... the baubles for Venka and the Go-Back girl are the real wonders in this calendar! Frozen soap bubbles! Or here. And here. Enjoy.

I will be away for the next few days. Means that I'm not able to open calendar windows or reply to the Advent thread. I'll open the windows til Christmas Eve early tonight ... and the windows for the 1st day of Christmas will be very late, as will the big Christmas picture for 2015.

The calendar will go on until January 6th  - stay tuned!

For now ... this was the very first Christmas greeting of 2008 ...

12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 2008_c10

... a very special Santa. santa

12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 Merryc10

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:11 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 1:44 am

Ah, golden Ahdri and Two-Edge.  Then Cutter and his human daughter Shuna.  Nice pairs.

Timmain and a blurred pic of Cutter. Interesting choice.

How sweet, the little ones of the old Holt. Dart, Newstar, and Wing.

Love the one Tyleet and the human giving her a lift.

The frozen bubble pics are cool.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 4:30 am

Nice one with Ahdri and Two-Edge.

Ahdri Two-Edge

And Cutter and Shuna!
There was a father-child one I'd somehow forgotten about...

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 1:49 pm

Awww I remember this one! Tyleet and the very kind human! Tyleet Kiss I love that he lifts her up his shoulders! I love his christmas clothes! Nice winter background

Ahdri and Two-Edge!! Ahdri Two-Edge Such a pretty golden background! I love the details! Both golden baubles for these rockshapers! Really nice!

Cutter with Shuna! Cutter Smile I'm glad to see him with Shuna, she's his child to afther all! I really love that thingy on Cutter's bauble! I love these very glittery green baubles! I love the images, they look very peacefull!

Ooohhhh! Timmain with Cutter! Timmain Cutter Growl I had a feeling to see them there! Nive image of Timmain! Fits perfect with the situation. I love the soft pink background! I reallyh love that you blured both Cutter and Timmain. As if they become "one" Wink

Awww! Dart, Newstar and Wing! I, again, love that you made smaller baubles for the cubs! Nice golden baubles! I love the background, all three fit perfectly in it!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 6:11 pm

12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 Merryc10

12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 2015_c10

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 7:11 pm

Merry Christmas to you as well, Embala!! santa cathat

I love the christmas collage you made! I'ts the perfects image for it! Very Happy

Beautiful Savah bauble! Savah Of course she has an golden bauble! I love the background with it! I love the colors!

Cutter and Ember! Cutter Smile Ember Beautifull glitter baubles! A maroon/red one for Ember and blue for Cutter! I love that they look like as if they put their heads against one another! I love the images you used! Father and daughter!

Ohhh an human villian!! interesting background! I love the brown leaves in it, and the effects of the hand and bauble! Nice work!
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 2:07 am

Ah two days of father and child. First Cutter and his fiery haired daughter Ember. The Cutter and his sunny Suntop now Sunstream.

A human for a villain is a nice choice.

Savah and Timmain. Two powerful elves, but each with beloved.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 7:14 am

Advent Calendar 2015 - FQ Couples 12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 There_10 The child is the link!

I'm back from vacation  rendeer  and the calendar doors will open regulary and on a daily base again until Three Kings Day.  king  farao  queen I could rename the thread Around Christmas time ... santa

TAM's children mirror his many facets as well. You've said it, G0lden - fiery wolfish Ember, magical golden Sunstream and a human daughter for the "chief of change". Children for Christmas is a theme I tend to choose from the beginning. Being with the children at Christmas, see their big joyful eyes is all I wished for all the years. And to even out the first calendar the powerful elves felt right  ... the promise of magic.
Blurred Cutter is actually Timmain changing herself into Cutter ... she has earned her place among the villians and ambivalent ones this year!

Indeed! Redhead, who never gets tired to tell us "They ARE real family!" has forgotten about an adopted child. Wink To tell the truth ... I had a hard time to choose between Shuna and a panel with Cutter, Redlance and Nightfall. In the end I wanted to go for the children. For completation -

12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 24_tam11
and because the artwork of the threesome was too different.

You had childlike joy again with the calendar doors, Wolfie. Hug Turning Olbar into Santa was a weird idea first ... and then great fun to make. He loves that role!
The rockshapers ... I like your point of view. The moment with Ahdri was the best and most loving way to include Two-Edge. I've chosen to show Cutter with ALL his children ... in scenes where they are close. It was not me who cuddled them together in an embrace ... it was just necessary to find baubles that allowed to keep this closeness.
You got the picture language. Timmain and Cutter became "one" in this moment ... at least in Timmain's opinion. The human villian is Lehrigen when he defeats Kahvi and became a spirit slayer. He got a lovely picture ... I like this guy and his developement.
Merry Christmas, Wolfie. I love you

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:08 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 2:07 pm

I always love reading your comments, Embala! Specially now! I hope you had a nice vacation!cathat
I had the feeling it was Lehrigen because of the hand with Kahvi's hair braid, but he looks like a different human that image.

I'm really glad to see Cutter with Redlance and nightfall! My favorite threesome!  Cutter Smile  Redlance SMile  Nightfall I always loved this cover of them! Might even be my most favorite one!
I love the warm colors in it. Also love the positions of the images for Nightfall and Redlance! I like the background. I don't know the english, so i'm going to call it wrapstuff. I like the wrappstuff as background. Also like that the wrapstuff is around the baubles as well.

So you decided to show cutter with all his kids. I'm glad you did that!
So Cutter with sunstream! Cutter Smile sunstream Father and son! I really love this one! I love that you used these images! those are my favorite of them. Gold for sunstream and blue for Cutter. I love that you put their baubles close to each other, so close that it almost looks like as if Cutter whispers in his ear. He looks at his son with lots of love. I also love that Cutters bauble is slightly bigger then Sunstreams bauble.

Is that Timmain? Sure looks like her Timmain Nice image! I love the softness of the bauble! I love her expression. Somehow she express something that i can't put my finger on. It looks positive.
I really love that you put an golden bell on top of the bauble! I don't know why, but it almost looks like an instrument in my eyes. Like an trumpet or something

Merry Christmas, Embala!  I love you  santa
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Like the new addition to the villians sections. Can't quite make it out, but I'm taking a wild guess. The Djun's land.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   12 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next