Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 2:03 am

Okay. Crescent is the only one I can recognize. The first two I can't quite make out( I cant really see). And the blue haired beauty, no clue.

But they are all great pieces.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 11:40 am

Embala wrote:
Look for a flashback with Timmorn, Redhead Ember  ... in case you are up for a quest. Or - wait til I'll post a link sooner or later.

BoTC 1?

Contemplative Timmorn!

And Tumble.
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Beautifull bauble! I love the colors of it with the background! It really fits with the image! I Think this one is Timmorn??? I'm pretty sure it is!

I love this blue bauble with the wavedancer in it! I have no clue who it is though...
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 5:30 pm

I also have no idea who the wave dancer is, I really need to do my research, but they look pretty in their blue bubble. (Was going to say bauble, but auto correct had a better idea)

Timmorn looks stunning, he looks like he's sitting there at sunrise or sunset with the pink hue that surrounds him.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Advent Calendar 2017 - Echoes ... 4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 There_10 The child is the link!

Aww Sad ... I'm so sorry that the new ornaments are too small or too obscured for you to see it properly, G0lden. Doesn't help that they feature background chars or rarely seen scenes. Hug And you still give love to my creations! Very Happy We have an ancient background elfess, a shadowy rear view of Timmorn - and Tumble, a pipling from the New Wavedancers series.
As soon as I have finished baubling I'll code the pictures so that a click will lead to the original scenes. Promised! I'm sure seeing the original will help to recognize the tiny motives. At least it will give you an imagination of it.

BotC? - NO. Original Quest ^^
... in a few days the pictures will be clickable and lead to the original scenes, Redhead.
Contemplative Timmorn! - Indeed!
And Tumble. - Yup. He just tumbled in. ^^

Thanks for the praise. Very Happy You are right with Timmorn, Wolfie. The color scheme of the drawing and the ornament were just made for each other!
The pip's name is Tumble ... he was a young adult in Discovery. And the New Wavedancers are not the best known bunch. No wonder you have a problem to recognize him ... ^^

You'll find this young guy in Wavedancers #1, Evie. And 'bubble' was a perfect suggestion. XD
You've basically summed up why I have chosen this scene with Timmorn!

Last edited by Embala on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 12:58 am

Well I think one is Egg and I have no clue about the other.

Just let me know.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 8:01 pm

The calendar pics are clickable now and lead to their source on EQ.com.

4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 2012-410

You are as close as possible with Egg, G0lden. Very Happy The motive is the idol of the Palace in the Great Egg (and Voll's hands).
And today's little one is a very special yet fairly unknown fawn from the KAHVI series. His name is Trof ... and I couldn't resist to make him end up with a Santa cap. santa
Click on the little calendar pics - they will lead you to the page showing their origin. I hope this will help a bit to improve the experience and will make it more fun for you and other visitors.

Last edited by Embala on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 1:23 am

*giggles* New star and dart are so sweet!!!

The Santa hat is perfect on this fawn.

I don't know who he is, but he looks really good in gold.

Egg.

And of course the mother of all elfquest mother's, imo, looking as good as ever with her tiny belly and Sun villager hat. I think she's the only person I ever enjoyed seeing that hat on. The heart is perfect!

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 2:14 am

Ahh, RainSong. Then add Newstar and Dart, two little cuties.

Yes he looks good in gold. Timmorn?

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 9:52 am

Such a beautiful Heart-shaped bauble of Rainsong! I really love all the colors in this one!This is one of my favorites for now!

Voll holding the great palace egg! Very nice bauble!

I have no clue who it is in the next bauble but, I really like this golden/yellow one!

Awww Trof with a little Santa cap on! So cute! santa

Aww litle Newstar and Dart!! Adoreable! Nice color bauble!
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 11:36 am

Aaah... so "mysterious unknown lady" is simply an unnamed background character...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 11:12 pm

Those avatars I wanted to do for quite some time ... Lil' Luna and Lunakat

4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 2017_l10 4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 2017_l11 ... because I can. I love you

I see you enjoy the calendars, Evie. rendeer The "cublings" are such a rewarding topic - loved easily and by many. I love you
"Echoes" on the other side offers the opportunity to show surprising scenes and neglected characters. I have no clue about the ghostly High One myself. Probably just a random extra, the artist's imagination of a lost spirit or fading memory. He caught my eyes and thoughts at first sight ... If I were a writer he would get a story. ^^ The other one is actually about "the Egg" ... the Great Egg and the memories it holds. In this case: the Palace and Voll's dream of finding it.
Rainsong is sweet and darling. I remember that she called for that pink heart and the colorful background.

The calendar repost brought you familiar and recognizable pretties, G0lden. Very Happy Makes up for the hardly noticable ghostly figures for this year. Not Timmorn but a random unidentified High One who captured my attention. You have "clicked" the bauble to get a glimpse on the cover with him?

The cublings and Rainsong warm your heart. I'm glad they bring so much joy once again, Wolfie. I love to read about your thoughts - this time I want to share my intentions. With the new calendar I try to capture "echoes" from the past reaching into recent days - influencing elves and story:
Cutter's heritage - the wolf blood; the last High One living among the Wolfriders; the sight of Petalwing sparking Voll's memory and dreams; nameless ancestors from howls of old times; Timmorn, the Wolfriders' legendary progenitor; the idol of the Palace in the Great Egg; a ghostly spirit symbolizing the fading High Ones.

Exactly, dear Redhead! ^^ I miss your christmassy red cap ... santa

Last edited by Embala on Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 12:29 am

Timmorn I think.

Of course baby Skywise.

Yes, I clicked the link. nice pics.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 9:42 am

Aww, I love the baubles you made for Lunakat and Luna! You made it look like a pendant! Very cute!

I always love seeing your replies on the other comments, including my own! Thank you for that and for sharing your intentions of the calendar!

Beautiful blue bauble!I love the horns that stand out of the bauble! I don't know his name but, I really like it! I love the winter feeling I get from this!

Aww, Baby Skywise!! Sad Skywise smile I really love what you did with this one! It looks like he's in a cup of water! I love this one, of course! Skywise Wink
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 11:25 pm

Six more pretties since my last visit! Yay!

There is the guy wearing deer skin of sorts, I like how his horns leave the baubles and shine so pretty.

Then that must be blackfell right? I always imagined he was really another high one in disguise from the way he carried himself.

Baby skywise. The ornament looks like it's cupped inward to hold him safe even as he wailed. My grandma actually has some really old ornaments that cup in like that.

Oh! I don't remember their names, but they had to compete against each other in everything right? Then there was the starting contest. I must go reread that story after I finish here.

Two more pretties for little Luna and lunacat. I agree with wolfmoonsky they look like matching pendants to be shared between mommy and daughter.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 4:53 am

Blackfell and two I couldn't even begin to name.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Blackfell! Blackfell A very beautiful bauble!! I love the green in this! Nice to see him here as well.

Hummer and Buckthorn! Or at least their story! Or their cubs Sprout and Sharpsight!! Or... someone random since they don't look like the ones on the cover? I'm loving the green and red bauble! I especially love that they are both staring at each other! It also looks like they are intertwined with each other.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 6:32 pm

4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 2012-510

Still too many too small pictures for you, G0lden Hug ... but others you can see and recognize as well! Very Happy I hope the clickable big scenes will give you an impression at least.
Not Timmorn in the snowy-blue landscape ... but a random High One (or firstborn) wearing a fur cloak with antlers. Glad to know little Skywise worked for you as well as mysterious Blackfell. The "unnamable ones" are Buckthorn and Hummer. I guess you've read the story (from Hidden Years) about this most unlikely recognition somewhen?

Playing with Lunakat's avatar and doing a matching ornament for her cubling was fun - and very satisfying. I hope Lunakat will find it some day.
A spirit of Winter ... that's pretty much how I've seen that ancient elf with the antlers! And I like to "break the wall" - respectively the ornament - with the motive at times. ^^ Skywise had to be in the calendar  - if only to please you, Wolfie. I wanted a special bauble for him and that one was almost too perfect.
You are right with Hummer and Buckthorn. It's their Recognition - actually a moment before it happened because I did not like the artwork of the Recognition scene itself. And ... the way how they recognized was the more interesting part anyway. ^^ It IS exactly the cover art I've used, Wolfie - down to the connecting spider web and the spider. *wonders why you think it would be something different*
Blackfell was set for the "Echoes" early in the planing phase. He was introduced as a link to the far past ... and he's a wolf. Blackfell I've guessed you might appreciate to know some of my thoughts about this calendar Very Happy - stay tuned for more, Wolfie.

It's a joy to see you cheer, Evie. And I love to read your detailed comments and shared thoughts. Blackfell was a special wolf for me, too. Not a High One ... but a link to the ancient Hunt and the elfin heritage of the wolves.
I've chosen a vintage ornament for Skywise indeed. Not cuped as much as you might imagine but a flat surface with concentric waves to make him float as he should.
You remember right about Hummer's and Buckthorn's competitive relationship and the staring contest, Evie. You've realized that the ornament is a link that leads you to that story?

Last edited by Embala on Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 8:13 pm

Christmas Ember hath returned!

Now, I have a bit of a theory about the Advent theme-within-a-theme... guess I'll have to wait til tomorrow (later today) to see if I'm right.

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 8:47 pm

Leetah!!!! And pregnant with the twins too.

Plus Kahvi and Guttlekraw (sp).  And Wing.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 5:17 am

So... the Advent theme is stuff from the OQ?

Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 11:49 am

Indeed I did follow the link Embala, immediately as indicated and I enjoyed the tale immensely. It's so strange to hear ember curious like that over recognition.

Ah, the ancient long running battle for the palace of the high ones between the go backs and the trolls. I like the picture you used for the palace.

Little wing! I feel like I never really got to know him, he died in the sun village long ago...

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 1:35 pm

I love the new christmas avatar! Thank you! =D

I really like the Kahvi- Palace - Gruttlecraw one. I don't remember it from the other years, was it one of the ones before 2009 or so? Or was it combined together now for the advent?

And aww, little Wing!

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:01 pm

The only reason why I couldn't tell for sure it was Hummer and Buckthorn is because the images didn't really look like them as in the comic themselves. I'm glad I was right that it was them! Smile

Beautiful bauble of Leethah being pregnant with the twins!! The glowing gold crystal ball is amazing! I love that an angel statue is holding the ball with Leetah in it! Plus the background is great too! I really love this one!

Ooohh Kavih, the palace, and Kuttlecraw!! I really like the images you used! Knowing the story of this I almost thought that it was Vaya but, looking at the braids it seems to be Kahvi! I also like that you used three baubles for it. I love the pink colors in it. Really nice set of baubles, embala!

Little Wing! I really love this image of him. Too bad that we never really got to know him. I really like the blue and green in this! It's nice to look at him.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Welcome back, Redcap !! Ember
The Advent theme "So... the Advent theme is stuff from the OQ?" ... not exactly. It may look like this way for now ... but actually there will be more variance. The Advent theme features well known characters - in situations that illustrate an "echo of the past", an influence from ancient times.

I should have known that pregnant Leetah is a more than welcome sight for you, G0lden! Very Happy
The Advent panel - Kahvi, Guttlecraw ... plus the Palace. Latter is most important because The Palace - its call for the Go-Backs - is the echo I was going for. The cubling was a sure hit. ^^

That's my secret agenda behind the calendar, Evie ^^ - pointing viewers to old (or new) stories and make them curious to (re)read.
The long old battle for the Palace, its call for the Go-Backs - that's the "echo" behind it. The Palace is in the center for good reason. And Wing gets love! I love you

I'm so happy you approve, Startear. Very Happy The complete calendar for 2017 - Echoes of the Past - is new. I've realized that I simply cannot "just skip" a calendar this year - and made time for it. And more love for little Wing ... I love when this happens.

Leetah in this putto lamp felt so cheesy ... and so right. She wanted to move in - and she got her will. And it was right. ^^ Reading your comment proves the composition for this 2nd Advent was very right too, Wolfie! Very Happy
This bauble for little Wing ... the pattern of the ornament reminded me of the Sunvillage huts. Very fitting for little Wing to move in.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   4 - Waiting for Christmas - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next