Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brainstorming a Zine Style Holt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sofia

Sofia

Aries Dragon

Brainstorming a Zine Style Holt Empty
PostSubject: Brainstorming a Zine Style Holt   Brainstorming a Zine Style Holt EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 2:08 pm

The brainstorming is happening over on this forum!

Since the zine style holt River Twine closed down there have been a few of us members over there who've wanted to go on with that style of "holt-ing". We've therefore started a forum where we can plot and discuss what we'd like that new holt to look like - and anyone who wants to is welcome to join in!

Just let me know here in advance if you want to sign up as a forum member. We've had some spam-bots try to join in recently so us admins may be a little ban-trigger-happy XD

Does joining the brainstorming mean you auto-sign-up for the holt when it starts?
Nope! You are perfectly free to just have fun with the brainstorming part. No one will stop you from joining the holt once it hopefully gets underway, but don't worry about making that decision now.

What is a zine style holt?
For those unfamiliar with this term, it means a holt where the roleplaying is done through art, stories and discussions rather than post-by-post roleplaying. You still "own" one or more characters and participate in a shared story with them.

What's been decided?
Not much is set in stone, yet! The main tribe we'll be playing are a group of Wolfriders (because, you know, they're classic Wink ) and the first main plot will be a reverse Sorrow's End scenario - i.e. there will be a small group of elves (5-7) fleeing a natural disaster who end up in the relative safety of the Wolfrider holt with all the culture clashes that entails. What kind of elves are these refugees? That's not decided yet! Come join and help us decide!
Back to top Go down
http://lostholt.eu5.net/
Anduinel

Anduinel

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming a Zine Style Holt   Brainstorming a Zine Style Holt EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 1:31 am

Man, I do miss River Twine some days. Such a talented group and I was fond of a lot of our character dynamics. But I think the next EQ Holt I join will be more of branching off of the main EQ storyline than a build-from-ground-level AU. Good luck with the world-building!
Back to top Go down
Sofia

Sofia

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming a Zine Style Holt   Brainstorming a Zine Style Holt EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:53 pm

Thank you! And River Twine was a great holt, I agree! Hope you find a super interesting holt that gets you inspired to join in when the time is right for it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://lostholt.eu5.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming a Zine Style Holt   Brainstorming a Zine Style Holt Empty

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming a Zine Style Holt
Page 1 of 1