Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you feel?

Go down 
+32
LurkingCat
jaRf
Sorandril [BANNED]
Nibblet
Leanan
Yeee
Zadzi
Prayer
G0lden
Vaeri
Embala
Tynami
Sifra
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Elwing
PCoquelin
Kojiyumi
faeriegirl
wolfmoonsky
Redhead Ember
Kir, the last Go-Back
Startear
Beryl
Lunakat
Rainflower
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Antonia
Evil Evie
Trollbabe
IceTooth
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

How do you feel? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 7:00 am

A little overwhelmed. I have a lot of things planned today, like working an asignment, studying for a test, color a complicated drawing, send an email, put details on other drawings, making fish for dinner, clean my floors and prepare for tomorrows teaching. And right now the weight of it all has left me goofing on the internet instead of getting started.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Stomach cramps, and I think my nose might be training for a marathon...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 2:01 pm

Hugs for everyone who needs them!!

I feel good. Was a bit cranky today because I didn’t sleep well, but had a good day at work. Managed to not bite the head off a client who was being a dumbass, and got a lot done for other clients and got a problem started on being sorted out.

And it’s great weather so we’re eating outside in our back yard for the first time this year!

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 3:48 pm

Be well son, Redhead. *hugs*
Sounds like you had a good day after all, fae flower and a great time in the evening!

*groupHUG*

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 5:20 pm

It's Saturday and I'm a bit bored. Did the dishes though. Leg is fine, foot is a little swollen. Other than that I am good.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 3:01 am

Untimely awake. XD Is good - I can do things need to do.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 9:01 am

I feel such relief in my heart. They sentenced the u-boat fuckwit to life in prison.

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 4:29 pm

I feel good!

I have spent most of the day watching a series, and cleaned everything in my room. The floors, the window sills, windows, the desk, even the closet that I haven't cleaned in like... let us say forever. It's vague and not embarrasing. Everything in there is clean. Only thing I didn't do was to rearrange the clothes in my closet, but else.

It took about 3,5 hours all together, but I did it.

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 4:38 pm

I feel good. Found out I can return to work with accommodations for my wheelchair and to be able to elevate my left leg. Plus they must allow me additional time off for physical therapy.

I can start to walk of my left leg with the brace. The knee is still a little loose, but they are hopeful that will improve with time.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 4:53 pm

Good news, G0lden! Like

That's a productive abd satisfying day, Startear! Very Happy

Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 4:42 am

Worried. About this forum. I'm noticing a pattern here that I have seen before, and it usually does not end well. Stay alive, fathertreeholt!
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 12:08 pm

What kind of pattern are you seeing Elwing?

I feel good. I did better than expected in a test, and I am preparing for tonights class. I am also wearing a dress for once and I feel pretty.

Edit: I kind of wish I was writing instead of preparing for class though. :-(
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 2:25 pm

Stay alive, fathertreeholt! Hug *hugs Elwing*

I feel those worries, too. See parallels with the SoC in the end. Especially when it's slow going like recently.
I see the differences. I rely on our host. I trust our admins. I belief in my tribemates.

This love and hope is alive. And I see I'm not alone.
Father Tree Holt will live on!

faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 3:37 pm

I know I’m not active much here, but hugs for you all!

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 12:03 pm

G0lden that is good news!

I have not been very active, either, but I was thinking about this forum last night when I could not sleep. Sleep

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 7:41 pm

I just came home from a party. Was underdressed for the late April weather so going home was a cola affair. Had so much fun, I danced like crazy.

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 8:06 am

"A cola affair"? Did you mean a cold affair?

This is seriously the best typo ever!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 8:21 am

I'm not sure if it was my iphone that autocorrected or my tipsy self, but yeah! That is a great one!

Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 11:01 pm

So tired... Been working as cashier now for four days straight, right hour days and I'm not used to it at all. I'm enjoying the work though, it's not boring and i like waiting on people.

I had to get a new job following the end of my last one after tax season. It's not my first choice, but it's a good one to have right now since I'll be going away to college next year.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Help! I am perplexed. I feel so numb inside. I just read the end of The Final Quest. I didn't realize it was the end. But then, it was the end. Last page Leetha was smiling. Yet her Cutter not beside her. She was smiling. At her lifemate that is now a tree. She was smiling. Smiling. OK I stop.^^ How could the authors have killed beloved Moonshade and Cutter JUST LIKE THAT. Without (or let's say, way too less) emotion. There was hardly mourning.

Back then Clearbrook was mourning for One-Eye and it was portrayed in a way that had emotional impact (the powerful metaphor of the cut off hair, she was so lost, nearly went insane, puffy eyes, crying out loud for her dead lifemate etc....deep, heartfelt mourning because of the terror of death...did the terror of death get somehow lost in Elfquest?)

In TFQ there were not enough pages for the emotions and was just so rushed! I don't blame Wendy here. It was just not enough space for so many things to tell. With that few pages she had, she made the most out of it! I love you Elfmom and Elfpop! <3 Will always, aways be grateful for all of Elfquest. The whole Elviverse. It's just...I guess I am spoiled.

My favourite Story was "Little Patch" with Tyleet. It was just the perfect balance of pace in storytelling and conveying of feelings in storytelling. And a big bonus was the breathtaking art so rich in colors. It was beyond my dreams and what I truly longed for as a lover of fantasy and fiction... since childhood. But in TFQ there was not this balance anymore. Yet I remember my favourite story and am thus spoiled.

I know it's the same authors. And I still love them and always will. I just want to speak my mind. Like Embala so amazingly explained it: we would not talk about our feelings, may they be good or bad about The Final Quest aftermath if we were indifferent about it. But we are not. We are passionate about the whole story. Beginning, middle and ending. We care honestly thus we speak our mind honestly. As for me I think TFQ would have enough content for ten times more space. Not 24 but 240 issues (no pressure intended here, lol).

Elfquest is full of interwoven feelings, relationships, hidden and subtle, meaningful "smaller truths within big truths" (in Nightfall's words). In my opinion is not a story made to be rushed. In the end I am still very grateful for The Final Quest. However I perceive it more like a framework for possible, in-depth stories with more flashbacks, more conveying of feelings and thoughts...

...so sorry if I talk about the comic in the Off-Topic section but In posted this in here in the "feely-section"... because I need a hug.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 5:09 pm

*hugs* cathat

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 5:30 pm

Quote :
Back then Clearbrook was mourning for One-Eye and it was portrayed in a way that had emotional impact (the powerful metaphor of the cut off hair, she was so lost, nearly went insane, puffy eyes, crying out loud for her dead lifemate etc....deep, heartfelt mourning because of the terror of death...did the terror of death get somehow lost in Elfquest?)
Yes, what you call "the terror of death" got lost. It was a major issue in our discussions here. The lack of visible mourning. The impression that any death lost impact because there's always spirit life and spirit life is oh so good.
There was dying Kimo telling "dropping a life is no more than a bird dropping a feather". I don't get this attitude either.

And the feeling of the story "being rushed" was pointed out in almost every discussion.

I understand well how you feel about it, Prayer. I share your feelings. I just ... I think I had more time to realize it, to discuss it, get at terms with it soomehow because I followed the story over months. Because I could discuss it here. I was not such a shock as it felt for you, Prayer. *hugs you tight*

And about smiling Leetah ... this last image was about 14 years after Cutter's death. And while Cutter's dead body became part of the Fathertree his spirit is alive and free. Who knows how often he has visited ... who knows how often they have talked since his physical death.

Use your imagination to fill the gaps, Prayer. Hug We are free to imagine.

Speak your mind. This place is made for this. And here are friends to listen, to talk and to give a hug or more. cathat **hugs and holds*

Last edited by Embala on Tue May 01, 2018 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Thank you so much, Embala *hugs back...little tears come out...*. I am being sensitive, sorry. Still shocked about the end. :-( Thank you for explaining that years have passed after Cutters death when Leetha is shown smiling. However Cutter grieved for hundreds of years because of her gone...the characters felt very different back then.

This whole FQ hurts...pretty much killed the characters (how they usually behaved). Killed much uof the romance. Leaves you feeling depressed and sorry, even creeped out. Where is this warm feeling after reading OQ?

Before there was more hopeful idealism, authentic characters, comforting endings, deep romance, respect of life (not seen as a "dropping feather" *most shocking to even read; what kind of message is this?* ) I mean, even for elves.

Oh my gosh, it's a comic but I AM hurt! Hurts even more the more I think about it (Tim Tam is the most creepy thing, like out of a horror movie ... can't believe it is canon).

I just read your discussion in 24th issue. It helps me understanding that FQ conveys more... an allegory. Not a story for entertainment and character building along with values like love and frendship like it used to be and like we came to love. Thank you for who said and explained this. That's maybe why the characters appear kind of soulless/not like themselves. It's because Wendy wanted as her first priority to convey her "New Age Message" (?) and not develop the original story more.

I realize I am not alone with feeling kind of depressed with the ending...is Tam even a free Soul now? Is Tim Tam a soul of his own or without consciosness back in Timmain's soul? This freaks me out. Never been a friend of open endings. :-(

Still love Wendy and always will. It is her story and I have respect of all her works. She gave us so much and I will not forget!

I also love how they published EQ online for free. I need to go back to Early EQ and Hidden Years - to me the golden years of storytelling! :-)

Gute Nacht <3

Last edited by Prayer on Tue May 01, 2018 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 8:24 pm

There is one more reason for Leetah to  smile. Do you see the elf next to her on the wolf? He's her youngest child - Cutter's son. Leetah Smile Cutter Smile

Quote :
This whole FQ hurts...pretty much killed the characters (how they usually behaved).
You are not alone with this feeling, Prayer. Many of us pointed this out in the discussions.

I don't know enough about allegories - and next to nothing about New Age - to judge. But those who explained it this way obviously knew what they are talking about.

I had the same concerns about Cutter's soul, Prayer. Redhead Ember had an answer. Smile
Redhead Ember wrote:
We already know what happened to Cutter's spirit! It's literally stated purple-on-white.

Sending 2 So, my wild Wolfrider self happiest of spirits! Able to be here with me and everywhere! Sending 2

Gute Nacht, Fairyring. I love you Friedliche Träume. Tyleet Kiss

Last edited by Embala on Tue May 01, 2018 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 8:49 pm

Thank you for the hint about the third child of Cutter and Leetha. <3 How sad though he never saw his father!

Thank you for cheering me up Embala. You are so kind.<3

Nachti

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel?   How do you feel? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you feel?
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next