Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Kindred's art

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
manga

manga

Kindred's art - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 7:08 am

Seconded! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 10:42 pm

Thanks for the wonderful compliments everyone! Shocked Embarassed Shocked

@Koji, what do you mean by draw the chatbox!?

@Fairyring and manga; I would love to! Throw me any ideas maybe you guys had in mind? Help me refresh my memory... was the dreamberries one where Pike and Cutter went hunting together or something like that?

Here's another one.... my attempt at Brownberry. I can't do anything "art" with any computer programs, so the best I could do was change the contrast a little so the picture came out a little sharper and bolder. My scanner REALLY fades out pictures Sad

Kindred's art - Page 4 Brownb10

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:30 pm

Goood LAWWWDDD!

That is Really Sweet!  cheers

I think you captured Brownberry perfectly

And who needs computers, trust me, I work on them all day...your doing just fine without! Redlance SMile

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:45 pm

Brownberry looks wonderful.

truelight

truelight

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 9:41 am

Brownberry the pin up elf! Looks great, keep 'em coming!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 3:55 pm

@Kindredsoul wrote:
*shuffles through stuff.... pounds the scanner with a hammer a few times....shakes the laptop....*

Oookkaayyy... I think I got things to work now Wink

The following is a little scene I like to call "The Chase". I did this about 15 years ago and never posted it because it was actually part of a submission I was thinking about sending in. Mind you, this was before submissions were ever done through the internet and stuff. I found the submission guidelines on the old EQ site and it all had to be done through snail mail!! Laughing Laughing  

Oh High Ones do I feel old... Shocked Shocked

Kindred's art - Page 4 Thecha10

Kindred's art - Page 4 Thecha11

Kindred's art - Page 4 Thchas10

Kindred's art - Page 4 Thecha12

I'm debating whether to even finish with ink and whatnot... its been so long and this is the first time I pulled these out of their folder in years! Laughing

Seriously, I love that one. It was hillarious, it's so Dewshine and Scouter as young ones.
Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Brownberry is BEAUTIFUL! I love you I love you I love you The outlines look soft. It would also look good with soft pastel colors...

Very lightly step around,
Tip-Toe as you pass,
Last night Fairies frolicked there
And they're sleeping somewhere near.

~
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 11:31 pm

Embarassed I love you Embarassed I love you Thanks guys!!! ^___^

With coloring, I'm not so great. I only have ONE style of coloring, (colored pencils, and basic "daytime" tones) and anytime I've tried others I've royally screwed up. No matter how many times I practice. What I found with me is, colored pencils give me a more sense of control as to where and how colors blend, where with anything else, like paints/watercolors/etc, I don't seem to have it and it comes out looking like a piece just came out of the washing machine Laughing Laughing Laughing

Also... I can't seem to color things in any other form of different lighting. I can't do night-time, I can't do candle light, I can't do any of those different types of color tones save for the basic that I do. It's really weird, and it's really frustrating. It's like writer's block with writers, but mine is drawer's block when ever I try different color/shading techniques.

So if anyone else wants to add color to these, feel free. Wink I don't mind ^_^

Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse
Location : Between the gutter and the stars... or more often, Discord. ShadowoftheNight#1538

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 12:22 am

*sets out spice cakes to try and tempt out Kin's muse once things have settle-settled*

Kindred's art - Page 4 Spice-cake-ck-549985-x

Kindred's art - Page 4 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Kindred's art - Page 4 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 10:53 am

But your art is perfect as it is! It is so vivid and beautiful. ♥

I know the washing machine effect with the water colors! ; D

Tip-Toe as you pass,

~
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 11:23 am

Thank you Fairyring! ^_^ I love you

*gobbles chocolate cake* 2 more weeks and I'm free, Koji! Wink

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Did this coloring really quick (didn't get to finish, because we're headed out to lunch)...
Kindred's art - Page 4 Kindred_brownberry
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 12:42 am

So what if you have left to figure the shadows and colors. You cetaintly have the details of the things you draw. Like the fur on Brownberry's drawing or all the clothes. I mean, that's the way Disney had it's drawings for a while. I like what I see.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Love the way the pic is turning out.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 9:43 pm

Awww thank you Rainsong! ^__^

And WOW Tymber!! That's more than I can do on a computer!! cheers She looks great!

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:42 pm

@Kindredsoul wrote:

And WOW Tymber!! That's more than I can do on a computer!! cheers She looks great!

She does right? Whoever the artist is, is pretty darn talented. Do you know them? Wink

Honestly, the coloring I did, I feel takes away a little from your amazing art, because it softens some of the shading work you did. You are an incredible artist.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 10:56 am

Aw, thanks Tymber! ^__^

As for the softening of the shading, do you think maybe because the drawing wasn't inked? I'm sure trying to work around "pencil" is pretty hard when trying to color with any program, as I know it is trying to color by hand around such light outlining and shading.

Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 12:28 pm

I love how she looks! cheers Great job!

The colors really suit her...and yes, inked and with clear outlines it would be maybe easier to color...? But soft pencil outlines are very pretty as well. It makes the characters look more dreamy.......

Tip-Toe as you pass,

~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kindred's art   Kindred's art - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kindred's art
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4