Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Elf selves: Time to shine

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 1:06 pm

Another underwater scene featuring Vaeri and Embala. I hope you like it.  SmileElf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 Square12

Romans 12:12

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.die-wandfee.jimdo.com
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 3:08 pm

thank you so much guys!!! it warms my heart greatly to hear what you guys say...of course if you ever have any criticism please don't hesitate to tell me! i really want to improve my coloring...not gonna lie, sometimes i dream i become so good at coloring, the Pini's ask me to replace Sonny when he wants to step down XDD but coloring Prayer's drawings are always such a pleasure, the style is so gorgeous and it usually sparks my muse! and she comes up with the most beautiful poses.

and of course i did make the palette sheet! perhaps i should make a thread for this...? but take a look, and if anyone has color corrections, PLEASE let me know! i try to be accurate as possible. and some of these are guesstimates as i haven't had the chance to put them to actual practice and i don't have the original files...^^0 anyway i left plenty of room for new characters and just added in the characters i've done so far that i might do again.

Spoiler:

and holy snap, i was about to post this when i saw you posted the new art Prayer!!! SO GORGEOUS!!! what exquisite detail! i can't wait to color this after i finish my current coloring!!! i feel like watery pictures are so perfect for this very hot summer...XD and this'll give me a chance to try the more accurate mer-colorings for Mer-bala.

Last edited by Vaeri on Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 4:41 pm

Oho, so much pretty artwork! (I like the way you draw scales btw, I can't draw them without drawing all of them)

katcombs

katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 10:03 pm

LOVE the colors shot of the mergirls!!! They turned out beautifully!!!

The new mershot is adorable!!! I love the scales and they look so sweet together!
Back to top Go down
https://toyhou.se/katcombs
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 11:44 pm

Thank you Vaeri, Shadowpath, katcombs. So lovely to meet you here. I love you

@Vaeri: I wish you could work for the Pinis! Your art is beautiful; I am crossing fingers for you although it is hard in the artist market! 
Awww I love your color palette so so much. It helps me immensely to imagine the self elves better.  Could you please add to my eye color hazelbrown (lightbrown) because her she has green eyes with hazel. Also could you add a plum pink to her clothes because her trousers beneath her blue dress is plum pink. Thank youuuu 🙏 And I am so looking forward to your beautiful beautiful coloring of the new underwater scene 😍😍😍

@shadowpath I adore your art and scales can indeed be tricky to draw but believe me I can't draw them on my own but need a reference picture for scales always. So I need so much more practice really.^^

@katcombs Aww thank you for your kind comment actually I am really into drawing mermaids.  I should better say wavedancers, right?^^

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 11:53 pm

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 Square14I would like to show you the facial structures of some self elves. I love the heart shaped face structure Elfmom invented for the elves and it looks great on Embala😍! Variations like dor Vaeri or an oval face are also suitable for EQ characters. If you want your self elf to have changes to the facial bone structure please tell me because I love to "morph" and try new ideas!  I just need some time.

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 12:28 am

THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!!*fangirls excessively* i love behind the scenes design stuff like this!!! It's even cooler to see our own characters done like this! So weird to see them bald though...XDD Poor Vaeri and Embala, their lovely locks!

Hmmm...i think all i'd really like for Vaeri is some softer cheekbones. They seem a bit sharp and hollow to me. Is that just me? I never realized how different her chin is from the other girls! o.o

I will gladly add that to the palette sheet, thank you so much Prayer! I'm gonna hop on my computer again and fix that right now^^ and probably start coloring Vaeri and Embala too!

Hmm i should introduce you to my Tidemist then! She's a wavedancer character pretty much lol. She even shapes herself a tail!

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 Tidemi13

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 Tidemi10

EDIT: i'm working on the coloring to figure out the right shading...i never seem to be able to do hazel well. does this look right to you?

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 Eyes_110
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 1:12 am

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 20190710
Thank you Vaeri and glad you like it!I love you I had a reference of Moonshades sharp cheekbones but I am grateful you told me you prefer softer cheekbones! This way I could adjust as you can see above. Please tell me if there's something else I can "morph". It is fun! Just keep in mind that I might need a few days, depends on my schedule. Moreover when I will be on holiday 14th to 21st of June I won't take my tablet with me. But I plan to draw at the seaside 😍💙 Fishy Fishy

Back to the picture above, I also added hair so that it is more pleasant to the eye. ^^ I don't know if you want me to change her chin- if so, please tell me. I love to give self elves distinctive looks.

Thank you so so much for adjusting the color palette for Prayer. You are so kind! 🙏I love you

I absolutely admire how you drew and colored Prayer's green/hazel eyes. They look just like I imagined. So beautiful.  It's perfect! 😍😘😘I love youI love youI love youI love youI love you

I love your character Tidemist. She looks so friendly and energetic with the blue and green colors.  Her hair reminds me of beautiful silver/white  haired Embala and I love that hairstyle, especially the bangs! The details like the braid are adorable!  What's her character like? 

I wish you a good start into the new week! 🌷🌷

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 1:48 am

yes, just a little softer. what you did was good! wow that really does make her look more distinctive doesn't it...?o.o and younger. wow! but i'm so indecisive, i'm not sure if i want a bit more cheekbone again or not...^^00 sometimes i think people really shouldn't listen to me...haha...anyway....hmm..honestly i can't really find anything else to change. i mean maybe her eyebrows are too high? but then i'm really not sure. @_@ and nah, i'm good with the chin! it makes her look different but not in a bad way.

i hope you enjoy your vacation! i kinda miss florida, it was nothing BUT beach...XD probably why i ended up developing tropical/hot weather characters...XD and it's so much easier to recognize them with hair now, and they're soooo beautiful!! i just can't stand it, i can't, it's too beautiful Prayer!^^

a pleasure to adjust the palette, and i'm relieved to hear it's just what you imagined. i always am so relieved when i achieve that, it's the ultimate job well done for me. i've got it adjusted in the main palette now that my experimenting is done, so i'll know for next time what colors to use for her. honestly i just used the face sheet you had posted as it was easiest and quickest..and i just needed eyes and hey they were the right shape! XD speaking of the palette, was this what you meant by plum pink?

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 Pme-plum-pink-gel-paste-colouring-p5306-9480_image

if not, a hex code would be greatly appreciated so i can get the exact shade you want! very important to me all the colors are as accurate as possible. OCD is a wonderful thing(sarcasm) XD

Tidemist is indeed a friendly elf! she's the Chieftess of her tribe, which are imaginatively called the SeaFolk. they live on a beach/cliffside High Cove Holt and a nearby forest, which is home to the wolfblooded WolfFolk tribe. they're on rocky terms. i'm just gonna copy and paste her profile now...XD you can sink your teeth into it, you voracious reader! :p

Tidemist Profile:

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 3:20 am

Aww thank you for your Feedback on Vaeri!🌸🌸I love you It ist greatly appreciated. I want to draw a detailed Portrait of the self elves with their Name in a Banner (old EQ Style) and want to let their character stand out as I Imagine but obviously you need to specify so I can draw correctly or they would Not be "self elves"! ^^ I am glad I can adjust and that you Like it so far.

Thank you for the color example. I meant a darker Fuchsia pink , the hex Code ist 99004c . 🙆

The description of Tidemist ist awesome, thanks! What a friendly and lovable Chief she is! 🐚🐠
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 6:52 am

I haven't forgotten beautiful Chieftess Tynami sunny💖🌊 Had time for this quick drawing while my boy was sleeping. ^^
Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 Square15

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 7:03 am

What kind of pens do you use? Your art is so clean and neat.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 8:09 am

I use an average "Stabilo Fineliner Pen", (fine O,4) and an "Edding 1800 profipen" (fine, 0,1) for details.

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 10:48 am

Oho, nice choices!

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 11:32 am

What a lovely picture of Tynami! And such a cute background! She definitely has a lil sass to her huh?^^

You're welcome for the feedback and thank you for yours! I'll add that to Prayer's palette. I love the old scroll name pictures...a friend of mine did one for Tidemist and Vaeri but i'd love to see what you come up with! And all the other characters...it'll be so pretty!!!

I think now perhaps an in-between would work best..cheekbones that are between what you originally drew(Moonshade cheekbones) and the current ones you drew. Is that doable?

I'm glad you like Tidemist! I'm very fond of her and made her for an old roleplay forum i tried running. She even had a lovesick tribemate who pined for her and she was rather clueless about, it was so cute!
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 6:30 pm

Glad you like Tynami! I definitely imagine her a lil sassy because she is a redhead. I love redheads! ^^ Those characters often have a sassiness and an air of bravery in comics, movies or animation.

Thanks for the description of how you prefer the cheekbones; I will gladly adjust and then come back to you. Little changes in a facial structure can make such a difference and I'm glad that we can easily communicate about this. Moreover you have a keen eye on beauty. Vaeri is like an impersonation of beauty to me. A bit like Leetah who was often portrayed as ideal beauty. I liked that she, although aware of her own beauty, stayed always down to earth and not showing vanity and pride but rather empathy and wisdom. It was like her true beauty came from within but still her love and compassion for others was visibly seen.

Cute hint about Tidemists background! The story must have been hilarious if she wasn't aware of this special tibemate! ^^
Back to top Go down
katcombs

katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 7:49 pm

The headshots with and without hair turned out wonderfully!!! Spotted Tynami, EEK!!! So happy!!! I just love how she look and she is TOTALLY a ball of sass. Kinda like Merida mixed with Ember, hehe Very Happy 

You do amazing artwork and I just love the detailing in her headdress and the bottom of her top is spot on, I just love it!!! *giggles*
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 10:43 pm

Oh blast!! I just realized i didn't add Tynami to the palette! I'll have to do that when i get home and get your approval katcombs! I still need Embala's approval too...
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 3:18 am

ohhh the pain....i worked hard to finish this, and the art was so beautiful and detailed, i felt i had to go the extra mile too! so i had to add the transparency...which meant i had to add details that weren't there before. i hope they blend well with the real art...@_@ but this was so much fun to work on, and i improved on Embala's colors...so i hope this works better than what i was doing before for her! phew....i'm going to bed....X.X please enjoy guys!

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 Mer_du11

Last edited by Vaeri on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 3:49 am

Ahhhh Vaeri, this is is SO BEAUTIFUL!! It is beyond beautiful! This made my morning! The colors turned out so vibrant! The bubbles make it more real and the background is very fitting! I 💖💖💖👏👏👏 Thank you so so much for taking the time coloring it! Oh and I think Vaeris golden eyes are very mesmerizing.  Cant stop admiring them moreover the transparency of the fins! 😍😍

Last edited by Prayer on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 3:52 am

Chocolate Balls with honey💖...Snack surprise from Prayer for Embala and Vaeri. Vaeri is a bit sceptical.  ^^Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 Square16

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 4:55 am

@katkombs Glad you like her! I love you🌞🐚 Your self elf is very unique. Your comparison to a mix of Ember and Merida is awesome! Redheads are so adorable!

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 11:50 am

haha of course the colors are vibrant! i'm not like you, i just cannot do sutble at all. :p but i'm glad it made your morning! <3 transparency work like that is always a little tougher and time consuming...but the results are always worth it.^^

and ahhh, what a cute scene!! chocolate honey balls...not gonna lie, i empathize with Vaeri, i'm a bit skeptical too! XD looks like Prayer's outfit has gotten a little bit of an update, and it's cute to see Embala in her usual outfit again! can't wait to try out my new palette for her. and it looks like Vaeri got a bit of a wolfrider treatment with a new dress, or top! how cool!^^

can't wait to color this, but i'm gonna go in order and finish up Tynami first! with one character, it shouldn't take too long, and i can get her palette made up and do some tweaking.
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 2:13 pm

AHH Vaeri subtle is not always desirable tho! I draw softly but I love bold coloring. You make the colors smile at me and your beautiful Art makes me happy.I love you Your well chosen color palettes helps me envision the characters better. 🙋❤I love your masterpieces and am looking forward o seeing more of them (no pressure intended). 😁

Tehee I make those chocolate balls in real life! Lots of healthy stuff in them like nuts, flaxseed, oatmeal, cocoa powder etc.. Not everyone likes a chocolate and honey combination but I'm just a sweet tooth! In real life I don't use the honey on top though but I thought in a wood where wolfriders live and where no refined sugar is available it would be cool to add a sweet touch like that. ^^

Yayyy can't wait to see sassy and beautiful Tynami colored! Curious about her colour palette, too! 😍😍😘😊I love you💜💙💚💖

Back to top Go down
katcombs

katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 4:50 pm

*giggles, jumping up and down* Love the pics of the girls being introduced to chocolate, lol. Love Vaeri's expression, hehe.

Oh! Send a PM, Prayer, forgot to let you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elf selves: Time to shine
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: