Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elf selves: Time to shine

Go down 
+11
Prayer
Tynami
Vaeri
Shadowpath
Sofia
wolfmoonsky
jaRf
Sifra
Evil Evie
Embala
PCoquelin
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 9:17 am

Prayer wrote:
...like a shining "light" in the Elfquest Universe... visiting unknown planets, collecting data, fighting if he must, CONNECTING, learning, growing...

And even more so than most could guess.

I have barely begun the Futuristic Tales, Prayer dear.

But I have to THINK far more, before writing, from now on, because..
There will soon happen conflicts, trouble, hard decisions.

And..

The very WORST, ultimate enemy of my favourite Palace 'elf'..

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Lavafi10

..would be a totally perverted elf who followed the OPPOSITE path.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 11:50 am

That's some dark foreshadowing, PC! Very promising...and making me want to read more tales... they are like hidden PEARLS to discover.

The antagonist looks quite "gone bad"...no shade and sweet water with him I guess... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 12:29 pm

Prayer wrote:
The antagonist looks quite "gone bad"...no shade and sweet water with him I guess... Very Happy

Her.
It's one of the tektek figures of a terrible Drow (dark elf) character that my lost love, Laura, once asked me to design for her.

SHE chose the look, the weaponry, the style..

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Itwasg10 Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Trap10

..for that epitome of evil and cruelty.

She had reasons ( Do not even ask me which ) to be fond of such incredibly evil creatures.

HOW could I even love her!?..

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 PC336_KahviSlySig1

Differences make good sparks.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 1:37 pm

Fierce! She radiates...a very dark (and haunting) aura. Design-wise the black and white coloring make her one-of-a-kind and really stand out...

Ah yes, the sparks between light and dark, the neverending song of Ice and Fire...

I wonder if the antagonist has a sad or tragic background story to become filled with darkness and maliciousness like this...the eager reader will have to await a new promising TALE...Smile

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 02, 2018 4:31 am

Made a scetch of Evil Evie's Self Elf! Didn't have time to ink or color it yet. It's all a bit messy to draw because of packing for a travel. Sorry for the link- I will exchange it with a picture asap.

This is what I know about this brave and beautiful elf:

- amalgamation of Foxfur and Cutter
- there's a FIRE in her eyes

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Img_2014

Still room for changing major details.Please tell me if needed, Evie. :-)

Last edited by Prayer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 02, 2018 11:50 am

Inked version of gift for Evil Evie <3
I hope you like her. Otherwise please tell me what I can change/redraw please. I tried the fusion of Cutter and Foxfur but I guess everyone envisions differently...Smile

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Img_2015

Last edited by Prayer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 11:25 am

Finally time to come back, take a close look and share my thoughts. sunny

Fairyring ... prayer ... your self-elf. Very Happy I was waiting for her and welcomed her with joy. All of her is very delicate, soft and lovely. Yet ... there is something strong and confident going with her.

I'm in love with the portrait. Awesome! Her dear face, almond eyes, delicate eyebrows, her windswept hair, how she meets my eyes without starring at me. Soulful eyes! Tho I know that the portrait is cut by the neckline of her dress I imagine her in a pond. Even the distant flock of birds from the tree shot works as ripples in the water for me.
Is she thoughtfully sitting on the tree ... dreamy or even sad? I like that you've shown her from behind - leaves it to my imagination.
The "action pose" is very much you, I guess. Her dress has a simple but flattering fit. I love the playful feather details.

There's one small detail bugging me. Not artwise - it's more a case of physics. I mitght misinterpret the floating thingies which look like beads with attached feathers or winged seeds. The point is that they seem to fly in the wrong direction.
When you throw a ball with an attached veil the veil will float behind. But when the ball is blown by the wind, the veil will be carried off first.

Gorgeous pastel coloring. Silken skin tenderly shaded with a light blush. I adore the light brown mane with the hue of red. Warm red gold for sunny reflections. Eyes like jewels ... not bright and piercing but soft like a forest pond mirroring the greens and browns of the trees. The brown pupils match the hair and give her a special and kind expression. The blue of water and sky suits her perfectly!
I hope you will color the rest of the sheet as well and share it soon. I love you

Keep the awesome work, Fairyring ... and keep the fun!

Last edited by Embala on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 1:16 pm

I love to see your colorings, Vaeri! It makes a big difference ... evokes other associations.

Suddenly I recognice all of the "floating feathers" as dry leaves ... whirling around her. Explains the puzzling directions - the wind goes in circles.
Almost ethereal with the pale smooth skin. Shiny emerald eyes ... you've captured the soft glow in your style. Prayer's tresses look thicker, heavier ... automn gold like Nightfall's hair. The rich blue and warm brown for her outfit is well chosen.

My Embala in vibrant blue! It's amazing to see your variant view on her. It's like you've followed Nightsea's very first take on her. Since then her color turned more to the cool side of the palette. The deepblue saphire eyes give her a very intense expression. Mainly coloring the outlines and adding scarce blue shading captures her silver-blue hair in an interesting new way. The bluegrey eyelashes complement the effect. Well done indeed!
The blue jumpsuit reminds me very much of the "space ship uniform" I've given her in my preeteen days. ^^ I like especially the triple colored frayed layers of her top!
Your coloring of the Palace scene made me put more attention on the detailed design of her gown and jewelry. And I like the tender extra color the crystal flower adds.

The starlite background is the cherry on the cake. Thank you so much for giving Embala love, Vaeri!

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 6:43 pm

I love how Embala even enriches everything by her love for descriptions...

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 11:14 pm

ditto what PC said. your critiques are a delight to read with all the details embala!! and you are very welcome. but did you miss Vaeri? Prayer did a very lovely job with drawing my girl!!<3 it's my new avatar.

the foxfur/cutter looks nice...but it looks more like just foxfur to me. the colored futuristic sunstream is very lovely though! as usual, very beautiful elegant colors. are those your coloring things in the box..? what are they, it looks like chalk??

hope you're having fun on your vacation!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Bad hair day! *chuckles* Merbala is more a creature of the waves than ever - wild and free!

The pose, the turning head, the big-eyed glance ... she actually looks caught. In surprise ... by danger ... or by an unexpected friend.
I love that you gave Merbala scales instead of some kind of bustier! And the delicate fins are like the veils of a belly dancer. ^^ Once again you've designed few detailed pieces of jewelry. a necklace I want to create for real, a charming bracelet and a bracer with her gem. You have not forgotten! A hair adornment made from beach finds completes her look.

You've even topped it with the coloring, Fairyring. Bluegreen Merbala in the bluegreen seas - merging with her environment and dtill shining. The uncolored space is like an aura of energy, a shield ... and now that I see it like this the yellowcoloring on skin and fins enhances this effect. She looks magical. Elfquesty. ^^ I like that you've colored her shaped ear like as fin. It's a lively touch and makes her look even more exotic and alien. She's gorgeous!

Thank you for the dear comments, PC and Vaeri. sunny I try to give my best. The artists habve put love and imagination in their works and I want to answer with love and imagination.

I've not forgotten your ravishing Vaeri ... less miss her or the other pretties. I'm still working myself through posts and pages ... slowly but steadily. Smile Words don't come easy to me. I know what I see, ahat I feel ... but it's time consuming to put it in the right words.

Something else I want to mention ... I just love how the interaction works in this thread! Art sparks comments and talks and ideas and more art and more ideas. Here in the thread - and even other threads. I love you This place spreads life!

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 11:10 pm

I've called Vaeri ravishing - this was my very first impression.

Temperamental, proud, happy ... ready for the festival. This vibe makes her even more beautiful. Alien features ... big elfquesty eyes ... a pleasing shape - inspired by Leetah yet a character of her own. Vaeri meets my eyes, too - almost investigating and invitung on the left and with shy curiosity on the right. Rich and precious jewelry design fitting a Sunvillager. I love how you've picked up on her characteristic headband, the irregular star and the familiar earrings. Additionally she got a splendid brooch and crystal frings. I like the loose sleeves and the belt pattern.

And I just love your coloring, Fairyring! It reminds of of the watercorlors from OQ. I'm a fan of the color transitions you frequently use. The blending from blue to yellow makes Vaeri's dress special. The golden trim in the headshot looks silken and shiny against velvet brown skin. The brooch is turned out just brilliant!
Last not least those eyes! Warm gold. Reflecting bright light. These eyes dominate the face ... capture the beholder. Eye-catching. The sweet red lips are (almost literally) the cherry on the cake! ... okay, this is getting old ... ^^

I love how you change between powdery soft coloring and few strong shiny parts to bring out the main points.

Your variant coloring is much more than a bonus, Vaeri! Your bold and clear coloring works even better with dark skin. Vaeri is glowing! The golden eyes and cobalt blue gems are striking. Shiny golden assessoires complement her look. For some reason the ear rings stick out most ... I wonder how you've managed to make the lines so clear and fine and reflecting at the same time. Deep red lustrous locks frame her face and shoulders and ... they match her lips.
The bright turquoise volants and lilac trims are a surprising but pleassing contrast. Like day and water unite with night and fire. Splendid!

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Sunstream. sunny PC's Sunstream. His self-elf. He's Sunstream as we know him - Pensive sun-top with his characteristic locks.
Yet he looks different. Matured. Determined and investigative. Sunstream of the future ... from another thread of colors on the Scroll. I like that you've chosen against armor and lots of tecnical gimmicks. Just an eye device to hint the future time and the fact that Sunstream does not rely on magic alone. His eyes are very expressive. He looks almost sad for me  - like he observes something bothering. Fur-fur is working as counterbalance - warm and soothing ... and a keen little helper if needed.

A shiny Sunstream ... a fair light in dark space. I love how his hair matches a sun. Rainbow colors to symbolze Sunstream's "invisibility shield" - I like your choice, Fairyring! and when I follow the "sun symbolic" - this aurora would be a nebula. *just allowing my imagination to run free* I like how you've colored his eyes differrently - the right one sharp and clear and the left one misty and blurred behind the eye screen. It makes this device look very realistc ... almost like an integral part of Sunstream.
Fur-Fur is just adorable. I love the golden shine on its fur and this miscievous trait in eyes and whiskers. ^^

I say you gave Sunstream self-elf a recognizable face!

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 2:27 pm

It's beautiful prayer, she's lovely! There really is a fire in her eyes, literally, and I like that a lot. She doesn't seem quite as impish as foxfur, but definitely seems more playful and laid back then Cutter. The hat suits herand definitely makes the differences in her hair to foxfurs stand out. She would probably Dress differently, but I never narrowed down the specifics on her clothing myself either. Thank you! Can't wait to see her in color!

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 4:23 pm

OMG!! Shocked I can't believe I missed this thread!
You're such a great artist! Seeing this finally gives me some motivation to draw myself. I hope to start tomorrow!
Such a beautiful a drawing of Embala, Vaeri and Elwing! I'm loving all of your drawings! Dewshine

I love your detailed description, PC! It's fun to read.
Back to top Go down
Sofia

Sofia

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 6:34 pm

Just jumping into this thread to say I think the art posted and linked here is beautiful! Very impressive and lovely <3
Back to top Go down
http://lostholt.eu5.net/
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 7:42 am

One more self-elf to go. Cutter Cool I admire that you simply take the little bits of description you got  and roll with it, Fairygirl.  A try, a start - pleasant art to look at anyway! Very Happy It's nice to see the sheet in the sketchy state for once. It gives me a vague imagination how a drawing developes.

The characteristic hat and belt make me think of Foxfur, too. But at second glance I see clear differences ... and even more of Cutter's traits. "Foxcut" has her father's features - his chin and cheek bones - and hair. Almost his childhood hairdo, just a bit wavier thans to Foxfur's locks and obviously muuuch longer! Her eyes are very female and there is literally a fire in them! Reminds me of your sheet with the eye studies, Fairyring. Very Happy Took me a bit longer to get the origin of her feathery ear adornement. I bet it does NOT come from Nightfall!

I love to see his fur vest, adepted to go well with a girl and probably matching the hat. A slightly changed wrist band and the golden neck ring complete her non-physical ressemblance with Cutter. The rest of her duds is more or less in her mother's style. Well captured and slightly modified. I like the perforation pattern from recent FQ.

"Foxcut" looks so dreamy at the creek. I wonder what kind of chief she would be. *chuckles* ... I know my imagination goes overboard again ... but the floating tresses from the portrait sketch and the butterfly almost symbolize a dream for me. I know this association will work only in the inked version.

Now I'm very curious to see her colored. Looking forward to new art coming up. I love you

Last edited by Embala on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 5:09 am

Thank you all very much for commenting. I am glad I can share with fans.

Embala, your comments are truly an enrichment; reading them fills me with joy. You have a gift for beautifully crafted words and descriptions. You are so inspiring.

@Evil Evie: Can you please give me a short description of what Foxcut would be wearing as an outfit?

@wolfmoonsky: Can't wait to see your art! <3

Here's 'Foxcut' colored (thank you for naming her).
Again, I am sorry for the link. I will exchange with pictures asap in about a week.

Foxcut - beautiful, passionate and brave

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Img_2017

Close-up

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Img_2018

Last edited by Prayer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 8:16 pm

You are welcome, Fairyring. It's you and your art bringing life and interaction and colors and joy. Very Happy

It's up to Evie to name her self elf. Consider "Foxcut" a working name to address her easily til naming day. ^^

She's blonde! sunny I've hoped so. Another trait she has inherited by Cutter ... respectively by her gandmother. These are definitely Joyleaf's golden tresses!
You've given her golden eyes. Surprised ... a logical choice when "a fire in her eyes" is stated. Nevertheless I was surprised. You did an awesome job with the coloring, Fairyring. The eyes look very natural (for elfin eyes ^^) and only on closer view the beholder will realize that there is actually a fire burning in her eyes!
Your shading gives the face structure and life. I like the strong blusher and how it bring's out her cheek bones. Be careful with the ears - they look very elegant but turned out clearly longer than Wolfrider ears are supposed to be. The earrings in pastels add the blue of the sky ... brins out her eyes even more.

"Foxcut" shares the fashion tastes of both parents and recombines to make it her own. Reds and tans work together surprisingly well. The hat in strong active red and the matching tunic are a lively contrast against her locks. The tans for pants and belt are a lovely nod to Cutter's style. Even more - a reminiscence of Joyleaf! I love how the sunlight is painting golden reflections on "Foxcut's" chest and hips.

The whole picture has such a sunny gentle vibe of early summer. Friendly and joyful. Even the fish greets smiling. I love it.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 4:30 am

Thank you so much Embala!
I am glad you like her blonde and the link to Joyleaf.

My gift for PC:

Future Sunstream with Family
(Outlines)

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Img_2019

Close-up Brill & Sunstream

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Img_2020

Last edited by Prayer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 11:52 am

Wow, the Colors on "Foxcut" are incredible, and I meant to criticism regarding her clothes, it was just a comment regarding how I hope she eventually garners her own style. Right now she looks stunning! Like I said, I've never really imagined what she would wear, she was always a character floating around in my brain, I'm not even sure if I ever put anything about her down on paper.

Embala is right I think will name her and why not do it based off,while maybe not her most prominent feature, but her most deeply engraved one, her fiery eyes. Fire eyes sounds most appropriate, don't you think?

I love the envisioned future versions of Sunstreams, almost wrote suntop, family. I think the future suits all of them quite well. I love how korafay looks so natural even in her somewhat futuristic timy type garb.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 6:33 am

I am glad and relieved you like her, Evie! I think Fire Eyes is a wonderful and very fitting name. <3

Glad you like Future Sunstream and Family as well. Right now I am coloring. Planing a galaxy background.

Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 am

Nice work, Prayer !

Eager to see the coloured version !

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 10:33 pm

I wanted to give PC the first chance to comment on his special elf, Fairyring.  
Moonshade *one day he's told me what "nice" actually means from him.* It's like someone says
"Baßd scho!" in Frankonia.
^^

Sunstream in fighting pose complete with his saber and eye device. His suit is just futuristic enough with the few attached gadgets. I love the the jacket reminds of old Sunfolk style and the Firstcomer outfits. He holds his ground ... and Brill backs him up. She got spunky! And obviously a touch of Seven-of-Nine as well. ^^ I like the boat-neckline.

Korafay - she is what she is! sunny Carefree, fearless and full of joy. Almost dancing in the air. She's still looking very youthful - due her expression, the pose and last not least the short suit and boots. Hmm... I wonder how this suit covers her proberly. Coloring will show!

Looking forward to see the coloring and galaxy background. Very Happy

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 3:35 am

Glad you like so far. Here's the dreamy galaxy colored version:

Future Sunstream with Family on an ice planet

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Img_2021

Close-up Sunstream & Brill

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Img_2022

Close-up happy Korafay

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Img_2023

Last edited by Prayer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elf selves: Time to shine
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next