Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

New EQ storyline in 2019?!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

New EQ storyline in 2019?! Empty
PostSubject: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 2:27 pm

@thia123 wrote:
thia123 Hello, Good morning. Elfquest storyline will continue in 2019. What about the story will be? Any theory?

Welcome to our Holt, thia. Laughing Pike You bring interesting news! I'll have to think about this.

*waves* :wave: at thia123 - no worries if you see German talk in the chatbox. We'll change to English when a tribemate drops in.

thia123

thia123

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 10:46 am

Hello. What history will have in Elfquest in 2019?
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 9:15 pm

Honestly - I don't have any idea what this promised story will be about. Nor what to expect or hope for. I was taught not to speculate during Final Quest.

What I know - I'll go for it - follow the new stories ... hopefully there will be prints and not just an online comic.

What I can contribute here is what I'd like to see. Very Happy I'd like to see short stories (one or two issue each) about loose threads in FQ. Unknown origins, open ends or hidden scenes ...

- Shenshen's quest "to shine where she loves". A real story about her journies as a midwife - of win and loss.
- explore the relafionships of Redlance, Newstar and Ohler with the 'Rootless Ones'
- send Korafay and Reef on a quest of their own - this girl is curious and adventures enough

- Dre'Ahn's story - who the heck is this guy?
- Where do Anahvi and M'Ren come from and what hardships almost killed them?
- the story of this female elf who died on her way to the Palace ... a death that was declared irrelevant because "her brave spirit made it". (... still furious about this ...)
- the story of this elf with child who reached the Palace with Dre'Ahn's help

- let's meet one of the "Changelings" and learn about their hidden life among Humans
- the elf-human-'religion' relationship that's building up at the old "High Mountain Holt" ... and what's the ancient origin of this place?

- of course a "coming of age" story for Cutlet would be not far to seek
- explore the relationship of the chief's son with his Chieftain sister
- a story that someone decides to LEAVE the Palace and live on Abode again (preferably Strongbow ^^)

- Why not a Troll Quest? Troll Tongue

And I know what I don't wish to read for quite some time:
Another "most epic story arc" about another "deadliest threat of all most dangerous and most deadly threats of all deadly threats".

For me Final Quest was mainly a big puzzle of untold stories. Maybe a puzzle of told stories would be a good idea for continuing EQ.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 8:09 am

Personally I'd love to see a Special collecting a bunch of stand-alone one-shots.

- What's "Cutlet's" real name? And what's his personality?
Personally I have a theory that he's the son Cutter always thought he'd get; someone who takes after old Bearclaw.

- What are the people on the Starhome getting up to? Maybe a romance-story between Maggoty and her new beau.

- Might we get some new babies?

- And heaps of others.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 2:37 pm

@Redhead Ember wrote:
Maybe a romance-story between Maggoty and her new beau.

me likes ^^

katcombs

katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 6:07 am

I'd kinda like to know more about Venka's baby too.
Back to top Go down
https://toyhou.se/katcombs
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 8:25 am

Me too.
Let me just say that in my personal head-canon, well, she certainly makes sure life on the Starhome doesn't get boring.
And of course with a young playmate in Jink.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 3:43 pm

@thia123 wrote:
Do you think the Pinis will make a movie or serie of Elfquest?

I'm sorry, thia. Our times in the box hardly match. It's either working time or late evening when you show up. I'll try to reply here in the thread. Smile

I think it is possible that ElfQuest will become some sort of TV series or even a movie adeption at some point. Given the experiences with the last few tries I doubt that "the Pinis" will manage to do so in foreseeable time.
In case I'm wrong I'll see myself happily corrected! Smile

Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Does anyone actually want new EQ at this point? After The mess that was Final Quest, I know I'm done, and I don't think I'm the only one. The prospect of other artists and writers taking over with the Pinis "overseeing" things gives me flashbacks to the EQ crap that was produced during the 90s. No thank you. Wendy just doesn't have "it" anymore and that was proven by Final Quest. The art is sub-par and I hate to say it but I think it's a matter of age. You just aren't capable of doing at 65 what you did at 35. The magic is gone. Not to mention the meandering story that was all over the place without a coherent structure, on top of hollow characterizations of the characters we had grown to love. EQ is dead. They ran it into the ground and it is now a hollow shell of what it once was. The same thing's been done to Star Wars. It's over.

A tv series covering the first quest and maybe Seige and Kings would be welcome, if done properly.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Many of us want new stuff. And many of us thinks Final Quest was brilliant.
But yeah, I think they should definitely take 2019 off, they've earned that.

Drinking

Back to top Go down
katcombs

katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 6:30 pm

To be honest, I'd just be happy with prints or pics, or something similar. I just ADORE the books from the starter sets. Got um all.
Back to top Go down
https://toyhou.se/katcombs
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Does anyone actually want new EQ at this point? I bet so - as far I could see there were enough poeple who've liked FQ and will likely be happy to get more.
Does someone here wants new EQ? Our Redhead Ember is the living and passionate prove ... and probably not alone.

Honestly - I wouldn't mind to get some new EQ at this point. And I'm curious enough to give it a try (preferably it there will be printed issues) - whatever it will be about and whoever the author(s) and artist(s) will be.
I had my own share of problems with FQ - and definitely don't think it's brilliant - but I found enough enjoyable bits and pieces to spark my interest and own creativity. For the rest I drew conclusions ... and mind retcons. Final Quest kept me going and new comic might do the same. The way FQ went is the main reason for my hope for stand-alone one-shots. Just long enough to concentrate an one or two characters and tell tell their stories.

ElfQuest is not dead for me. It is alive - and I'll always love what has drawn me in and be thankful for what this world and this community offered to me. There are gifts I'll always cherish.
Like me EQ has aged ... it is much different now than in its rousing youth. I've changed. My view on it has changed. I don't hold very high expectations or clear imaginations what should /must happen and how. Sadly I've unlearned to speculate ... almost unlearned to be curious. I'll see what will come - how it will work for me - and what I'll make of it for myself.

What's sure - if there will be new EQ I'm happy for everyone who longs for it with passion and stormy impatient love. Very Happy ... and just a little bit envious ...

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 6:48 pm

@katcombs wrote:
To be honest, I'd just be happy with prints or pics, or something similar. I just ADORE the books from the starter sets. Got um all.

Some completely plot-irrelevant pictures.

Ember and Shuna playing with their little brother.
Insights into the daily lives of the various groups.
Skywise and Timmain struggling with changing Jink's diaper.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 6:55 pm

I like your ideas, Redhead! ... especially the last one ^^

And I like what even the rumor of new EQ does to us. We are talking again. Sharing ideas ... and fun!

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 7:34 am

Well, logically we know Jink - and possibly Satreeka too - would have to wear diapers; Jink can fly, and I don't think Maggoty would appreciate being peed on.

Back to top Go down
Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 2:35 pm

The only way I'll accept any new Elfquest is if they show something of Cutter. His spirit looking on,providing some guidance like Bearclaw used to or memories. I want to see Leetah grieving like Cutter did in Kings of the Broken Wheel and his memory honored. Nothing less.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 2:58 pm

All the Wolfriders taking turns to relate their fondest memories of Cutter when "Cutlet" pulls a tell me about my father.
And I could easily see a mirror of the Don't be alone. Tree with us… for as long as you want conversation happening.

---

Right, I'm gonna list (some of) my head-canons and musings.

- The "Chief of Chiefs" son was invited to attend the birth of "Cutlet".
- Ember joked, perhaps through tears, that she would be happy to shove New Moon in Shenshen's face, since Cutter couldn't be around to do it.
- "Cutlet's" favourite sister is Shuna, he always greets her with a huge hug every time she visits.
- "Cutlet" has inherited his grandsires love for bear hunting, unfortunately his skills are more like those of (young) Strongbow. Shukopek's sons once had to bail him out.
- Daboi married one of the - I presume - twin daughters of the "Chief of Chiefs". He can easily tell his wife apart from her sister.
- Shukopek's daughter became a student of Shenshen.
- The insect tribes has an annual memorial-service of those they've lost; Kimo is included.
- Khorbasi and Tingeh had a kid.
- Pike and Yun had a kid, Yun decided that she - unknown to her - wanted to give birth the same was as her grandmother. Everyone survived!
- Jink and Satreeka make sure to keep everyone on the Starhome on their toes; they even manage to bring a smile back to Strongbow's face.
- Jink enjoys hanging out with the "Firstcomer Troll".
- Skimback and Sandsparkle recognized again.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 11:09 am

What are the differences in the characters of, let's say, Shenshen, Freetouch and -hm- Ruffel and Korafay (spelling?)?

How about instead of creating a dozen new "characters" fleshing out the existing ones?

BTW, I thought that immortal elves make it to the palace by default? There should be nothing brave or special about that...

Oh, and is Future Quest still canon? There are still many elves on the planet, didn't most of the tribes actually stay?

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 11:36 am

@Miss Gillespie wrote:
What are the differences in the characters of, let's say, Shenshen, Freetouch and -hm- Ruffel and Korafay (spelling?)?

Not quite sure what you mean. They're different - including their "screentime" - because they're different characters, with different importance. What's your definition of "new"?
Also, we know now that's it's far from the "default" that immortal elves makes it to the Palace. The Wavedancers (except for a few) stayed, the Rootless Ones stayed (and they even got to be "disconnected" from the Call), the Fire Elves stayed, the "Changelings" stayed, the Go-Backs made it to the Palace, but stayed, Dre-Ahn made it to the Palace, but stayed.
Then there are the individuals who stayed; Leetah, Shenshen, Teir, Ohler, Ahdri.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 2:19 pm

@Miss Gillespie wrote:
BTW, I thought that immortal elves make it to the palace by default? There should be nothing brave or special about that...
This. Like

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 4:44 pm

@Redhead Ember wrote:
Not quite sure what you mean. They're different - including their "screentime" - because they're different characters, with different importance.
All three of them are "the perky type". More into flirting than the average elf, free-spirited, not angsty, positive to live. My point is, they are basically the same character. Having different outfits or backstory does not mean that they are different. 99% of the Go Backs are the same character, there is no variance.

@Redhead Ember wrote:
What's your definition of "new"?
Maybe anyone since the Shards War? Krim's son isn't fleshed out. What kind of person is Pool? Freetouch is generic. Korafay is kinda generic as well. What are their hopes? What are they afraid of? What makes them the person they are? What are their motivations? Most new elves are barely more than types. Like in a movie: "the rogue", "the smart one", "the comic relief", "the leader", "the love interest".

@Redhead Ember wrote:
Also, we know now that's it's far from the "default" that immortal elves makes it to the Palace.
I was talking about dead immortals. Their souls are, supposedly, bound to time and place of the palace. You die, you're "teleported" to it by default. Maybe it's more of a act of will to not go there? (Think Yurek). So if an immortal would want to go to the palace, there'd be basically nothing what could hinder him or her.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 6:03 pm

Have we been reading the same stories? I think Pool, Sust, Freetouch, and Korafay are perfectly fleshed out. Sure, not as detailed as Cutter and Skywise, but enough to make them actors rather than extras.
Not introducing new characters would just make for a static story. One of the charms of Elfquest is that it's dynamic; new characters are introduced and old ones die, and I really hope new writers are brave enough to dare kill characters, even main characters.
---
There is one thing that would have made getting to the Palace difficult for the immortal elves; the desire to get there alive, with there bodies. It's been made pretty clear that while some, like Ekolin, actively choose being spirits others prefer the physical life.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Go on, use Pool* as an example and write a short summary about what makes him tick. Not about what he experienced (was kidnapped by Lehrigen, has magical powers), but what are his inner workings?
Obviously, when you've got a story with several hundred characters, it's impossible to flesh out each and every one of them. But well, if you'd ask me to write a characterization of any of the POV characters in A Song of Ice and Fire, I could tell you the flaws, the motivations, the strengths of said characters. The newer EQ characters are just types

About the new stories, is that sth. that is planned or is it more fan musings? Just wondering Wink

*or any other of the new characters

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 12:22 am

@Miss Gillespie wrote:
About the new stories, is that sth. that is planned or is it more fan musings? Just wondering Wink
I wonder so myself, Miss Gillespie. The remark I've quoted in the first post ia all I got. thia123 dropped it in the chatbox and when I've checked back about when an where this information comes from I only got a "Wendy said so" - no further information and less a confirming link.

At this point I consider it something between fan speculation and a statement of intent at best.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 3:25 am

@Miss Gillespie wrote:
Go on, use Pool* as an example and write a short summary about what makes him tick. Not about what he experienced (was kidnapped by Lehrigen, has magical powers), but what are his inner workings?

We don't need to know. Pool is not a main character, nor is he a background character, he's a middleground character, to use a term I'm pretty sure doesn't officially exists. Important enough that we know some things about him, but not important enough that we know everything. But I'll try anyway:
Pool is a gentle soul. While he gets his looks from his father, it's clear that he gets a lot of his personality from his mother. Most clearly shown with his talk about feeling hurt in his heart when Ember refused to attend Korafay's birth, and his talk about hating killing humans - even when necessary - after he'd killed Rathol, showing that not only is he Tyleet's son for sure, he's also not blaming every human for his experience during Wild Hunt, he even seemed to have forgiven Lehrigen, but since Lehrigen saved his life, it's probably easy enough.
But actually, your comparrisson(sp?) with ASoIaF is pretty good; Pool is not a POV character. I can't think of a character to compare him to, since I haven't actually read ASoIaF.
You said no new characters since Shards, but we knew Pool was on his way ever since HY12 (and Sust since Shards12 - odd coincidence there…), so we kinda needed to see the resulting characters.

You're right, there are "types" in EQ - like in any other story.
Yowth is a type; his only role was basically having a sensetive butt.
Minyah is a type; her only role was being one of the first - after Nightfall, presumably - to witness the emergence of Redlance's powers. She hasn't had a speaking-role since, but had been popping up in the background from time to time, still with her trusty hat! Well, I assume she might have replaced it a few times...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New EQ storyline in 2019?!   New EQ storyline in 2019?! Empty

Back to top Go down

New EQ storyline in 2019?!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest Comic Discusions-
Jump to: