Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stargazer's Hunt

Go down 
+10
Josine
LurkingCat
Miss Gillespie
Stormcatcher
wolfmoonsky
Lunakat
Vaeri
Shadowpath
Embala
manga
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zadzi

Zadzi

Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 10:37 pm

The jumping around was very disorienting in FQ, agreed. Especially with so many different storylines to cover. I think it could be written well though, with enough concentration on a specific story and specific characters, and maybe without the insane deadlines they had to adhere to?

Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 12:13 pm

Thinking again...i was musing on how the Pini's had been going on about "hooray no more deadlines!" But if the new series is set to start November 13th..that's still a deadline. But then i remembered there is a big difference between a deadline someone else sets for you and one you set for yourself.

Was the art so lousy and cut n' paste cause of the deadlines in FQ? Do you think with them setting their own deadlines, we may get better art this time around? I hope we do...it's so sad looking through the old comics. I'm glad the color is clearer in the new issues but the scenes lack the soul they used to.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 12:24 pm

The colouring was pretty damn bad too. I shave at least one image where somebody just filled in places with the bucket tool and didn't actually finish it.

I keep coming back to the fact it's called 'hunt', not quest or search or some such. Strikes me as an odd choice.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 5:56 pm

Yeah I think the deadlines weren't something they could really control with FQ which is why major issues with the artwork were happening - as well as cut n paste. Plus they had so many issues to release on a tight schedule. It looks like it might be more relaxed now so we'll see?  It's still not the same hand drawn stuff - those days are probably over, unfortunately - so it's less intimate to me, hasn't been to my liking for a long time. I think it just got too frustrating for her maybe and took too much time.

Also yes, I know the coloring was a major issue in FQ and people have said Sonny doesnt do great with the coloring. Well, it looks like he's done all the coloring for this series, according to the Pinis , per Facebook. So we shall see. I can deal with a lot as long as the story itself is strong.

Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Isn't Sonny also doing the art for this new series?

When I wrote my diploma thesis, I had a deadline as well (three months after giving my university the notice I will write it). I did what most students did and was almost finished when I handed in the notice. Why can't Wendy do the same if deadlines are such a bad problem for her?

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 3:17 am

I am - somewhat to my surprise - quite looking forward to this new series. Perhaps a fresh start going in a new direction is what EQ needs. FQ was trying to wrap up Cutter’s story arc after decades of telling it, but this new one doesn’t have all the weight of expectation that one had.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 1:02 pm

It is just little over a month until the new series comes out. I don't know whether to be excited or scared.

I was looking for more of the novelizations and saw old covers of Jink's series....oh the mystery she used to hold. We all suspected Timmain and/or Skywise was her parents...if i remember correctly some were excited about the pairing. So why does it feel like such a let-down when we finally got confirmation?
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 2:33 pm

Quote :
I don't know whether to be excited or scared.
Neither nor - just determind to start. And if I start ... I know I'll complete the series, no matter what.

About the parentship: I was sure since long that Jink is a Skywise/Timmain offspring. There were soooo many hints. And I was not exited about the confirmation ... neither would have been in case of a totally different solution.
As far as I'm concerned it's simply a matter of time. How long was this going? 30 years? 25 years only? For me it was simply too long from first contact with EQ and the riddle of Jink til the final revelation to keep up suspense. Twenty years of guessing, discussing any possible and some impossible threads on the Scrolls. ^^
The confirmation was no longer something I've craved for - but a logical result.
A turn and twist would have felt far fetched most probably ... and how FQ was going this would not even be surprising either. Just my personal view on it.

About "Stargazer's Hunt" - actually I'm looking forward to new EQ stuff! Very Happy ... in a strangely indifferent way. Illogical - I know.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 5:31 pm

I'm curious how the series will be.
If Wendy would draw at least a few pictures per issue, that would be nice for me. Also, I'd be glad if Rayek's further fate were picked up there and maybe there could finally be a solution to his dilemma with the stupid spirit of Winnowill.
It does not make sense to love a disembodied spirit that actually belongs to the other spirits of the dead in the palace.
The palace elves should come to Abode , search for Jink and get that Winnie -spirit healed after knocking Rayek unconscious (he must always be forced to see the good of Actions against his will ). Those palace elves could do that, pleeeeeease Pinis!

Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Preview is up! https://comicbook.com/comics/2019/10/19/elfquest-stargazers-hunt-1-exclusive-preview/

the art isn't really getting better, uhh

http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2019 4:15 pm

For the moment I simply love to see Jink. Sending For the moment that's enough for me.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2019 6:41 pm

thank you, Zinegirl for the link and new pics! Very Happy
I think Strait get Timmain well drawn, for Skiwise, hm, well, I found that char ugly anyway, Razz What a Face

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2019 4:37 pm

Ngrrrr, I can`t wait to find out what Chad/Cutlets name really is. Soon...soon
I just ordered in advance the first new comic. It should be 6 issues.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 3:43 pm

found this today on Instagram:
Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 Starga10
I thought, that Chad would have the Cutter beard, but this here? A goatie too?!? Shocked
Haha, he IS SO the new Cutter. Razz

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 5:20 pm

So...do we get a time skip in the new issues?? Guess we see Moonshade again.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 5:46 pm

yes time skip, it seems they want to bring the world of two moons into the future time , so that it fits into the jink comics (which I never got along to read).
You like to see Moonshade again? Smile

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 9:32 pm

If it's that far in the future, why is Jink wearing medieval stitching on her clothes?

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 2:17 am

elf fashion Razz
I would love if it would stay in medieval time.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 9:19 pm

Lunakat wrote:
If it's that far in the future, why is Jink wearing medieval stitching on her clothes?
Because it's retro chic? ^^ Jink is sooo Barbarella! XD

Actually I like matured Goldruff better than the smooth-faced jerk I know so far ... still don't like him. Rolling Eyes I like to see Strongbow ...

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 12:28 pm

Gotta say I'm not fond of the covers that are just a collage of random characters like the one posted above. Much prefer the ones where just one particular scene is depicted, like Final Quest #9 with Venka in the troll cave or #14 with an unconscious Cutter and a tree elf.

http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stargazer's Hunt
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2