Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yeee`s sketchbook

Go down 
+13
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Startear
jaRf
manga
Trollbabe
Embala
Sifra
Tynami
Prayer
Vaeri
Yeee
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook Empty
PostSubject: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 5:22 pm

Hey guys! Several time ago I thought that it would be fine if the Hidden Years-Comics with those wonderful High Ones and that with Rayek`s childhood-Story as topic would have been drawn by Wendy. (Yeeeees, I`m a notorious Rayek and Haken Fan Rayek   21  )
The last days then, I fetched my sketchbook and decided, that I should no longer be sad about that but try the drawing by myself (at least one page). I wanted Haken to look more like a Wendyish Elf .So here is my pencil-pre-version  of Hidden Years No. 7 page 11 , one of my favourite pages. My copy is sadly vanished on my attic, so I can only see the pages on google. But they are so small, that I nearly cannot read the letters. While drawing I didn `t care about perspective or ugly cavemans or the background and I must acknowledge that work of the artist (who was that anyway???) on panel 1 with all that complicate  placing the limbs here and there and everything must fit in size and proportions, whew. I had t use a big Sheet of paper, to get all of the comicstrip on it, so I had to go to a copyshop to make a smaller copy of it, so that it fits into my scanner. That`s why the picture is not in such a good quality as I whished it to be.
I`m thinking of turning the pencil version into one with fineliners.
To see the picture in large form, you must click on it.

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook Redraw10

Last edited by Yeee on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 6:18 pm

I am dearly loving that first panel!! And what a wonderful art style! If ever you want things colored or inked please let me know! I have no true talent of my own at drawing but I'm a superb tracer and love working with other people's art! But be careful, i tend to want to color a LOT! If you ever check out Prayer's threads, i've colored like 90% of her drawings lol. Thank goodness she doesn't mind!

I very much hope you'll do some more comic pages of different scenes!
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 6:48 pm

hey Vaeri, you know something? I hoped a little bit, that someone would do the colouring, because, if I do that with my copic-markers I tend to ruin my images affraid . So: YEEEEES, DO IT!
Feel free to have my pics as your colouring book Very Happy , I am curious, how it will look like.
and thanx so much for all!
maybe tomorrow I will start to draw the fineliner-version, if I have time for it (busy with a fam with 6 members).

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 7:27 pm

Well i finished my latest from Prayer's elf selves thread, i might as well do this! I'll line up and color this nice comic page. Do you want me to stay true to the coloring of the original or do my usual colored lines as you saw on DA?
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 11:51 am

Hello Yeee! I absolutely love your comic, too. Thank you for sharing. I am amazed by your talent! You draw the emotions and anatomy perfectly and I love your detailed style...I love you *Haken fan too here* Looking forward to seeing more amazing art from you! Also can't wait to see the beautifully colored version of Vaeri!  flower queen

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 2:35 pm

@Vaeri : please stay true to the black outlines,like in the hidden years- comic. You don`t need to colour the pencil version, I will soon start to make the outlines with fineliner. But to keep you happy in the meantime you can coulour another image from me, if you like. lol!

@Prayer  : Hiii, thanx for your compliments Very Happy  . And that comes from another elf-drawer, wow! Yes, your art is beautiful too. And wow! Another Haken-Fan?! Great, then we have some stuff to talk and draw about.

Now a question to the artists here: what is that "grab a basket"-thing ? I understood, one can draw an image with one or more of the topics, which are given. Must that be in that banner-style or can that be a simple normal picture on paper (I'm not a computer-artist, but draw on paper) Is it still possible to do something for the august-basket-grabbing?

here comes Yeee in a peacock-costume, I drew for the daily deviations of "mermay" on DeviantArt. It was too late to colour it  , so have fun Vaeri!  lol!
to see the image larger, click on it.

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook Mermay13
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 3:07 pm

sorry Yeee, you're too late! XD i didn't get to start last night like i wanted, but i've been working for the past couple hours and i am not giving my progress up! XD here's a nice WIP for you, not finished with the first panel yet, but i am quite enjoying myself!

but oooooh peacock! i love peacock coloring! i shall quite enjoy coloring this later on, add it to the que line...XD^^ it's a very nice outfit too, even if it seems a bit out of place for such a fierce mer-elf!

i believe with the grab basket...it's pretty much create whatever you want as long as it follows the theme. could be wrong cause i've never participated, but i did check it out once or twice out of curiosity on what the themes were and what was created!

anyway wip time!^^

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook Haken_10

i swear one of these days, i want to make a time lapse video of me doing an art piece...i just need one i can finish in a day for during a day off....
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 4:05 pm

Oh Wow! Whoa let it be, please, some of the pencil lines are to be removed and were only to help find the correct form or not yet good erased wrong lines. Don`t waste your time on it. But hey, those speech bubbles are awesome, far more better then I could do with my pens and fineliners. I like to leave that part to you, ok? Great work!

My Yeee can be fierce but she can also be funny and joyful. She has many facets. And wearing peacock -style has something of a grand dame. Yeee like it to dress up now and then for she can transform the tail to legs and gills to lungs.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 4:52 pm

Oh alright Yeee if you're going to be so adamant. I'll postpone what i have and just overlay with the new line. Or perhaps just color it.

If you leave out the text boxes in your inked version i can overlay them in the final version.^^
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 4:55 pm

great, momentarily I `m on the inking, When I stop for this evening (now 21:45 pm in germany) I can send an image here .

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 5:34 pm

todays progress,this is original size , the right side gets into my scanner. I go to bed now, good bye!

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook Redraw11
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Okay - answer for the Grab-Bags first. Vaeri is basically right.

The grab-bags were/are a forum collaboration for members to create something together. It was inatially made for writers ... of course open for picture artists and any kind of artistic collaboration. First we gathered "key words" - the grab-bab.
The writers must use all the key words (creative use recommanded) in their story or poem.
Picture artists were asked to use at leas ONE of the key words (or more if they like) as inspiration or topic for their art. Or - illustrate a scene from one of the stories. You got this right. Very Happy
I'm a collage maker (cannot draw to save my live XD) and the banner-style was just my way to contribute in a comparably fast and easy way.

Feel free to add to the grab-bags, Yeee! Take them as inspiration and don't worry if you fulfill some rule to ful extent. I only ask you to post it as a contribution to the grab-bag, too. There's no problem with "double-posting" to your art thread and the grab-bag threads at all! It's all about fun.
In short: *Wenn die grab-bags dich inspirieren - mach einfach!*

Be sure I lurk at your threads and enjoy what I see here - very much! *claps* It's just a matter of time that I don't comment properly.

Last edited by Embala on Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 6:15 pm

Yay i got something right and didn't misinform!!^^ haha.

Looking good Yeee! Can't wait to see the finished lines. Just wait til you see the tricks i can do with my photoshop!^^
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 5:58 am

Wow, Yeee, I love all the details that go into your inking! It's eye candy! Voll schön! (another German here *waves*) ☺ Also I would like to add to the beautiful long description of Embala that grab-bags are really fun! I once participated and I very much enjoyed various ideas and creative contributions to a certain topic.

@Vaeri You are such an angel to make drawings beautiful with your coloring skills! Can't wait to see this comic inked and beautifully colored  I love you And a great plus is that it is a story about my fictional teen crush Rayek look-alike Haken yayy I love you lol!

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 5:35 pm

@Embala : thanx for the info!
@Vaeri : Oh my, I can't wait also to see your colouring. But it will take time, until I have finished the inking. Must get to the drawing now before I must end for this day.

@Prayer: YAY! We can institute a Rayek and Haken - Groupie for ages-group rofl .Who will all be in it? You, me and more?

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Yeee wrote:
YAY! We can institute a Rayek and Haken - Groupie for ages-group  rofl  .Who will all be in it? You, me and more?
manga for sure
and jaRf (just another Rayek fan)

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 5:51 pm

I would gladly join a Haken fan group (thread) if it is what you mean 😄👍👍...also I love all kinds of stories/fanart/discussions about the High Ones. If only their alien form wouldn't be so...ewww. *replaces alien form with a pleasant Haken form*    Razz

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 5:56 pm

@ Embala: oh wow 4! Great!
@Prayer Yup (replaces all Coneheads with cute High Ones)
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 7:53 pm

so clarification for my coloring cause i'm about to start...Yeee is black haired with white highlights, or is she black haired with blue highlights like Rayek? or is her hair a very dark blue?
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 2:10 am

Hey Vaeri Very Happy , it`s blue black hair and a mostly bright brown skin (it can have a strange blue shimmer , but that tends to look more like green and green is not her skincolour No )
have fun and thanx for colouring.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 9:51 am

Rayek hair. Gotcha. Thank you! I'll be finished by tonight...i'm very nearly done, just gotta fix the hair, shading and lighting and do a background
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 5:21 pm

What a Face courious be!!!!
in the meantime I post another pic, but Vaeri, this is too much to colour! ok?
This is from Deviant Art Mermay 2019 and was the scene following my avatar picture: Yeee discovers another human-made massacre on whales and takes terrible revenge! Oh how she loathes humans and how she enjoys killing them. She sees herself as a protector of the sea. "Great magical power must be used for protection, remember that always, Cyan!" were Rayeks words to her, using her second name (human tongue word). That she would use it in his meaning but against humans, wasn`t clear to him then.
Pics title was: DIE, HUMAN VERMIN!

oh hey, what do you say? This could be a grabbag for August, one theme was GREAT amount of water, chuckle!

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook Mermay14

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Nothing is too big for me to color, mwahahaha!! But i'm not intending to color it because Yeee isn't detailed enough. But it's a very cool scene picture! Very dynamic.^^
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 6:01 pm

thank you Very Happy , yes and very much hard work on that spring tide.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 9:43 pm

aaaaand done! this took a lot of detailing and figuring out what color went where, cause i used your avatar picture as reference for colors and coloring...and you seem to have detailed up Yeee's tail! but i think i got it right..

also i gave her kind of a stormy grey-blue for her one eye...is that okay? it looked kinda grey but vaguely blue tinted as well and i thought it kinda suited her. also found an excellent technique for the peacock feathers!!!<3 and i worked hard on the background. i didn't like the ocean but i finally figured out a way to make the sea look good! so i hope you like it. and if the colors are all good for Yeee, i'll add it to my color palette i have for when i color OC's...i hope to be coloring her more in the future.^^

6 - Yeee`s sketchbook Mermay12

Last edited by Vaeri on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   6 - Yeee`s sketchbook Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeee`s sketchbook
Page 1 of 39Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: