Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yeee`s sketchbook

Go down 
+13
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Startear
jaRf
manga
Trollbabe
Embala
Sifra
Tynami
Prayer
Vaeri
Yeee
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 2:26 am

Yay! Yeah i did think it was part of the ear but easily fixed!

I'll gladly color anything you want me to color that you want to draw. If you want to work together on more things like the comic pages, that would be fun!

And yes i believe leaving the hair white would be easiest for both of us. Incidentally, may i use this comic coloring for my commission portfolio? I'm trying to be a colorist for hire and have no comic examples for my coloring
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 2:38 am

yes ok, you can use it . And I can put it in my Deviant Art submissions . But first, the right hand on panel 1 needs some repair. I have to draw it, to show you. I will send that later. no time now.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 2:42 am

Thank you! But there is something wrong with the right hand in panel 1...?? It looks fine to me...four fingers, knuckles and a wrist...the anatomy looks good. What is wrong?*puzzled*
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 5:42 am

it`s a little bit tricky: I hope I can explain. Please look at the picture: the pencil lines show the picture as it is. The black fineliner lines show how it should be. The little Finger needs to be corrected at the last joint.
It also seems it is better for the readability of my drawings, that I leave the shadowing lines away, which are not necessary to define body shapes.

Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 Korrek11
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Ah i see. It's such a minor thing...but i'll fix it later. I suppose your shading lines do confuse me at times..perhaps an actual shading would be better for us? I am glad to have the guided so i know i'm getting the shading right!
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 4:57 pm

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 4:30 pm

First try of Yeee with the armor-spine , the design was not yet finished. (another mermay -contribution for DA)

Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 Mermay19
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 6:59 pm

Very cool!^^
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 1:51 am

thank you Very Happy

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 3:17 pm

Hi, I took poor Cutter and put him into a fishtail, heh heh. Another Mermay-contribution for DA.
To see the picture large, click on it.

Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 Mermay20
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 3:24 pm

I LOVE your Mermays, Yeee! Cutter Cool And Cutter is such a handsome pin-up boy.

Know what - Bearclaw woud be gorgeous as one of your fierce Deepsea Elves. Bearclaw

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 4:09 pm

aha! Thanx! But face fur doesn`t fit in a deepsea-tribe. The most fur is a little bit on the cheeks not more. I would shave Bearclaw a little bit ( grin). Bet, that wouldn`t be for your liking Shocked , Laughing

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 4:17 pm

Very cool! And spikey...XD you like your spiky mertails huh?
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Oh, I like him with beard ... but once he was young. XD

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 5:25 pm

@Vaeri: Yes, I like my armored mertails with deep-sea origins. Yeees tribe is more the high-sea-folk , racing on the dolphin-trails hunting tuna and other fishes, clubbing sharks and orcas (and eating them, when they finished the animals) with their hard tails and raid human-boats and ships. The males tend to fight each other with their spikes for different reasons. They call themselves the sea-raiders (nope, not wolfriders)  Razz

@Embala: yes , lets see. Actually the Sea-raider is not Cutter but one of his descendants, so why shouldn`t be there a mer with the looking of Bearclaw? Wink What a Face
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 7:33 pm

The armored tails are interesting. I'm more of a mystical type though...lol. not very warrior. I'd make a poor go-back or sea-raider at that! Hmm...Sea Raider...Sea Rider. They sound so close it's funny!

So your Sea Raiders are pretty savage huh? Maybe a bit animalistic/primal in personality? Do they compete for mates and that's one reason why they fight?
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 5:33 pm

Not all Sea Raiders are warriors, they are no Sea-Go-Backs. There are all kind of personality-types represented. You would fit very well with your brown skin and amber eyes. You would only be very much in need for gills and a fishy tail Fishy  Wink  or better the shapechanging ability to change legs and lungs at will like they have.

They are savage? LOL  Twisted Evil  hm, sounds good. The translation shows an interesting collection of words to describe it: wild (yes!), cruel (few are), brutal (more then few are), tough (many are, but not all can be so tough), heartless (nope), barbarous (heh heh, they are barbarians of the sea, what would Rayek say , when he finds that out: "Nnnnnnnooooo! That cannot beeeee!"), and feral (YES!).
They are animalistic? Yes, they are. They have good instincts which helps them survive in the vastdeep dangerous sea. And yes, they are primal because of their strong instincts. And yes, they compete for mates , and they club seals from the sandbanks to have enough place for the courtship display (I put another mermay-pic from DA that shows exactly that event , the title was: "GET OFF MY SANDBANK , GRRRRR!"), on the sandbank they menace with their spikes showing the backside of their tail (trying to avoid to show the bellyside of it -thats what their instincts of unknown origin tells them) and when no one gives up they hit each other with their spikes (or parry more the opponents strike to avoid severe damage) . Of course there can always be other reasons for fighting like in other elf tribes are. A Sun Folk challenge wand would be ridiculous for them, they would try to use it as a dagger to kill the Sun Villager,  lol!  !
to see the pic large, click on it.

Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 Mermay21
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 pm

hmm. perhaps Vaeri and maybe even Tidemist would fit in the tribe! certainly Tidemist, she is a self-shaper and can control water to a point. Tidemist would do quite nicely probably...she's a hunter but she's not very...harsh? she's pretty sweet and kind. and Tidemist has the gills already! you just can't see them under her dress...XD

very interesting to learn more about them...and love that you acknowledge the synonyms that fit your tribe. and a very interesting tribe in general! i don't think i've seen anyone make a tribe that was more savage than the Wolfriders and Go-back's combined!

oooh very interesting and cute picture. so who is this elf? and very cool how they have their threat display, just like any animal does.^^ i love it when real life mechanics fit into fantasy!
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 6:44 pm

Is Tidemist another Character of you? Tidemist can always join in the pod! The males will rush towards her, to conquer her ( in a more softer meaning). Razz  I love you  .
Vaeri can come to the shore, Yeee can transform Vaeris lungs and legs with a magic-enhancing shard of the palace, but only if Vaeri comes into the water, else she would suffocate after transformation. And afterwards the males would do the same with Vaeri as with Tidemist.  rofl

Oh thanks! actually the pod consists of Yeee and her offsprings. She learned the Merelf -lores of the Hyfus-tribe and to survive on the high seas from dolphins and big whales. Yeee assumes that all sea-instincts have their origins  from her mothers tribe / pod, the deepsea Elves. She and her sprouts share strange abilitys like producing the underwater sounds that all sorts of whales (Dolphins) make and the elves can use it to speak "underwater-tongue" or "mer"  and use it for echolocation. They can sense ( see) geomagnetic fields, which are like trails for them to travel along. They are more rootless when it comes to living in the sea  and have no sea-culture , Yeee does not know her mother. So thats why they are more instinct-driven than behaving civilized. Land-Elf civilisation is known by Yeee, but does not fit in the rough sea everyday life.

Who is this Elf: His air- name is "Silver" , the mer-name I have not yet found . Yeees air-name is "Cyan", because of her mostly blue-black tail. The same fits for Silver , he has white hair and a silverish tail. His skin is bright, the eyes violet. The first  ray of his dorsal fin is a venomous sting. Here he is: click on the pic to see it large.

Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 Mermay22

He is the rascal-type of a mer, so he shares some personality traits with Captain Jack Sparrow, but unlike him Silver feels belonging to his pod and is loyal to it. He has something of a pirate-elf with love for alcohol like rum etc. He can spend much time without the pod (can survive on his own) and is therefore predestined for espionage-assignments on other tribes. He is trained with several weapons like the human-pistols, trident of course, spear and sword. Archery is not his speciality, why when you can blast away everyone more effectively with a gun. And he has no problem with killing humans, as most Sea Raiders. Killing Elves is much more harder, but even that he is able to do if its necessary for the pods interests or if it was ordered.

Last edited by Yeee on Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 3:29 pm

Another Mermay-pic from DA. That guy is Sharuk of my Sea Raiders  What a Face

He is the eldest of the hunter/protectors of the Sea Raiders,very early as a kid, he had to fulfill that role and is totally grown into it. He wears all scars he gained with pride (most of the Sea Raiders overtook that from Sharuk) , one can see tentacle-ring-scar from giant squid on his tail . On the right side of his face one can see the trace of an Orca-attack, including his eartip bent down to the side. He is permanently grumpy because he always have to guard the lousy careless pod leaving him no space or time to rest. "grrr, I`m always in charge, can`t even sleep, those sprats (pips) are so reckless and I must look after them PERMANENTLY!!!" That shows also that he is very dutiful when it it comes to the protection of the children. He is a good guy even when he has a permanent scowl on his face.
click on the pic to see it large.

Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 Mermay23

Last edited by Yeee on Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 3:45 pm

Lots of fins!!! Loving your artworks!!
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 5:29 pm

thanx! Very Happy You seem to be a water-Elf too Wink

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Definitely am, in both versions of me Very Happy

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 5:46 pm

Yeee, your work is so good! You've got the style down so well and the designs are so good! I'll never dare post anything ever again. Razz

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 5:56 pm

@Katcombs : In both versions, means?: your Elf and yourself or your 2 different elves?

@Sifra : post as you wish, I cannot permanent fill this forum with art, need some help with that. Razz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeee`s sketchbook
Page 3 of 39Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: