Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yeee`s sketchbook

Go down 
+13
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Startear
jaRf
manga
Trollbabe
Embala
Sifra
Tynami
Prayer
Vaeri
Yeee
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 10:30 pm

The blanket is a lovely idea, Vaeri! Very Happy I like the wavy blue and bits of sand ... water, land and stars are the twins heritage.
You can make it even more special with a tiny difference - golden stars for Deeplure and silver stars for Starcall. Matching their eyes. Wink

Last edited by Embala on Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 8:34 am

Of course! Ah would that i could draw...i'd draw Vaeri weaving the blankets. Eh maybe i'll try anyway..o
Lol
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 9:56 am

Do it, I want to see it . Very Happy

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 2:21 pm

I'll work on it sunday then. It'll probably look atrocious lol
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 5:19 pm

Very Happy *hugs* bounce

@Yeee Havm't forgotten about your scripts, handsome Desh and the twins - just soooo tired *falling asleep again* Sleep

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 7:53 pm

While Vaeri is weaving (drawing) I finally got the February picture ready which is also The next Mermay picture.
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 Mermay50
In the northern polar sea, the orca elves make the discovery of cute narwhals. Geneva is ecstatic about it, but what is Madame Meduse up to?
Surely she wants to do her horrible color experiment magic on the poor animal like she did on the dolphins before.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 7:21 pm

The april picture of my calendar is an old one ( as same as the march picture), it just got color.
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 Scan_224

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 8:44 pm

loving the purple haired mermaid Yeee! and eeek, nakkie Haken!! XD i remember him!

also finished that picture. it's in my picture thread.^^ phew.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 7:53 am

Haha, I knew already that you guys like the sweet elfy characters more than my typically more angular , rugged (concerning the inside), narrow-eyed and tight-lipped (concerning the outside)OC`s.

I Saw your nice pic , Vaeri and wrote a loooooong comment Very Happy

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 12:01 pm

Hey to be fair it's the color palette that grabs me. I'm attracted to cool colors.^^ so i like the purple hair and teal green body and clothes
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 12:46 pm

ah, ok Smile

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 6:50 pm

@Embala: Here I just found more old facts about Sharuk (and your elf):
Sharuk Gulleye, Sonar- (soul-) name: Yeeouuw, Recognition with Embala: Wednesday , Sept. 11 2019 , 10:29 pm middle european time Very Happy
So, the babys were born in September 2021 and are now about 5 months old.
Now hurry and get their design done, or else I cannot draw age-fitting pictures of them . You know how fast those babys grow, at their first birthday they are babies no more. Sad (time slips away).
Vaeri drew them already with colors, should I take over these colors? Same color for their tails as their hair, like all Sea Raider? Or do you want to have them special colors?
As for the shape of the tails and fins, there's also a lot possible, they don't have to be the Sea Raider tails, I just drew them first as a base to edit on.
I can draw samples you can choose from, if it helps you.

As for the male Sea Raiders' tails in general, I have to change something. There's no point in giving babies those dangerous bludgeoning weapons (the pointed bone plates) just yet. They would injure themselves or worse. The antlers of the bucks don't grow when they are kids too.

The question is also whether the blunt bone plates of the girls aren't already too dangerous for babies. But I'll let them be that way, then girls and boys have these plates and the boys grow nasty spikes from them when they get puberty, that's okay.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 11:31 pm

Quote :
So, the babys were born in September 2021 and are now about 5 months old.
I'm still not really up to playing with my babies - too much real live stress - but I'll give you something you can work with, Yeee. And it will make sense - think so. ^^
For your "spikes" and bone plates ... Growing spikes during puperty makes so much sense! Like And there is a simple solution for the baby plates: make them cartilage (Knorpel) - similar look as bone but much softer. And it will ossify(?* verknöchern) during "kindergarden" time ... whenever this will be for Sea Raiders! ^^
*not sure about vocabulary - "turn into bones"

For the colors - I've already given you the basical ideas. Roll with it. Vaeri's coloring is a good start. sunny

You've mentioned the Charis - I was amazed that you remember this virus detail! The Charis is symbiotic (not a disease) and has a hive mind. Intelligent as a whole - an isolated virus is just a virus ^^). The Charis choose their symbionts willingly - means that an individual can catch it as easily as common flu - while others around stay totally unaffected by it.
Children of "infected" mothers are born with it as a rule. In case the father is the one the baby will be born with it or catch it as soon as they get contect with an infected being.
The Charis don't inherit own DNA to the babies but they design and recombine the parents' DNA to grant the child a good start. This way it is similar to recognition. ^^ (and it was this way long before I had contact with EQ!) So much for understanding the virus part.

For the sprats "good start" means that they are more Elf/Sea-Raider than just half-bread. Embala's humanlike DNA (btw: she's a halfbreed herself) is partly eliminated or deactivated (sleeping). Means the children are full functional Elves. And - because Charis are aware of the xenophob tendencies in the pod they made sure that the babies are definitely Daddy's sprats! ^^ They are born with Sea Raider tails!

As babies can have rather different colors - like very blonde European toddlers who'll get boring "darkmiddleblonde" during childhood - the baby design need not stay all their live. In case of Deeplure I already know that at some point she will design herself an alternative tail - and can switch between the appearances. As Starcall is less interested in his tail he'll stick with Sea-Raider style. And we've already talked about different hair color for Deeplure.

In case Sharuk wishes for a detail or change ... listen to him! Very Happy

Starcall
skin: soft brown - somewhere between Sharuk and Embala. Or maybe dark as Daddy - choose!
eyes: light blue, can turn "icy". Silverblue glow in dark depths; "dreamy" star-watching can make him look blind.
hair: dark violet with this short white "sea star" on the front; wavy - can be curly as a toddler. Well, he's Yeee's grandson ^^
Just soft waves as a teen/adult - shorter on the sides and longer on the back - think V-shape. V-tip ending somewhere half back. White star will always stay short.
Color is more like Winnie reversed - dark violet with black shadows. First impression shouldn't be: black hair!
tail: Sea Raider style, dark violet, similar hues than the hair fits well Very Happy
Ahhh Exclamation ... as an adult his tail might show "star glitter" on part of the dark areas - not totally indifferent about his fishy look he is! XD Wink

1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 Blurred-background-dark-violet-smooth-260nw-1456427234 - that's perfect mix for "space violet"!

Deeplure
skin: pale (like Embala)
eyes: golden yellow, warmer than Sharuk's color but not as intense as Rayek; golden glow in dark depths
hair: baby style is light teal - with silvery "Stichelhaar" like some cats - but thin white strands will do well ^^
Very straigt like Embala's hair (not wavy like Merbala!); as pre-teen/adult color gradient from dark teal to very light silvery-teal, hip long or longer; no bangs as an adult;
mostly a free mane but she'll try loose braiding, generally likes to vary her hairdo - tho she's not patient enough for complicated styles
tail: Sea Raider style as a toddler/pre-teen; color teal (clearly darker than baby hair) with some  golden effects ... maybe spots. Be creative ^^

1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 Teal-abstract-glass-texture-background-260nw-693108037 - fits pretty well Smile
and I find this appealing - possible color/pattern design for an alternative tail:
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 391cf64dee3735038b69f039a6a9c433

Totally different topic...
Somehow Sharuk's "meaningful name" doesn't ring right for me. Not sure how it works for a native speaker but for me Gulleye evokes the imagination of .. literally a gull eye. Just an eye. A bit creepy ... O.o
Gullseye transports the "look of a gull's eye" much better and it is easier to pronounce.

IF you consider a change you can ask Vaeri how she thinks about it.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 2:06 pm

I think i get what you're trying to say Embala. You don't see Sharuk as a gull bird lol. You'd prefer maybe Sharkseye? *chuckle*

Color samples are wonderful! I look forward to eventually trying my hand at coloring them.^^ glad you liked the rough coloring i did for them in my picture! Need to go look at that thread, i was just waiting for you to see it^^
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 2:39 pm

Oh, I'm fine with Sharuk having gull eyes, Vaeri! ^^ Yeee told me that Sharuk's eyes are "like the sharp, cold and  fierce looking eyes of a gull or like other predatoric birds like eagles". Therefore I totally get the meaning of Gulleye ... but I always siee an eyeball on a plate ... Shocked While Gullseye evokes the right impressen of "having the eyes of a gull".

Yeee, about the name problen: Would Wirrh and Sireen fit better in your system? No longer meaningful English words - Sireen rings even elfin ... like Aroree or Yeyeen. I'd be torally fine with this marginal change.
And I know why they didn't get a Sea Raider sound name. Embala cannot know ... because she cannot send! This time it's the father's task to find their sound names. ^^

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 6:47 pm

Myyy so much writing in this thread! Very Happy Yay! Now I can start with the inking and have colors für the picture too. Very Happy

Gullseyessss: Ok, Embala says : Gullseye sounds more fitting, and I had reduced Gulleyes into Gulleye to get the name- sound better. So I thought,having 2 eyes like a gull (not just one ) result in the s being at the end of the name  and now Embala says it is after gull (gulls) ???

@Vaeri:  I think we are lost in translation, but now more in the details of translation.
pls help?!

"simple solution for the baby plates: make them cartilage (Knorpel) - similar look as bone but much softer. And it will ossify(?* verknöchern) during "kindergarden" time ... whenever this will be for Sea Raiders! ^^"
Good idea! They will get hard at the age of preteen. While human kids grow very long legs like foals, so they can race away from predators, the fish kids grow long caudal fins to race away too and get their first tail-weaponry. noice!  Very Happy

"For the colors - I've already given you the basical ideas. Roll with it. Vaeri's coloring is a good start."

ok, should I then make color suggestions ? Maybe that's better. Finally, scanned colored pencils look different than computer colors.

Charis-virus -parasite (am I mean! Rayek Devil ) It's a smart move to develop an OC who can adapt himself and his children  in their fetal development to all sorts of species, better than Timmain and the rest of the Elfhood. Well done!  Like
So your kids are part of the hive-mind too and can "shapechange" into Vulcans etc.  or just choose to have a Wavedancer tail (am I right?  Wink ) how noice!

" The Charis choose their symbionts willingly - means that an individual can catch it as easily as common flu - while others around stay totally unaffected by it."
Oh my, they might like to occupy some Raiders. Yet I strongly believe, they will run away from Yeee. She's just too exhausting for the charis and would cause too much trouble in the hive.  Laughing

"And - because Charis are aware of the xenophob tendencies in the pod they made sure that the babies are definitely Daddy's sprats! ^^"
Wuahaha. LOL, xenophob Merelves, yes, you say it!  "Lets do some mimicry to get the infestation done right! Yay!"  Razz

"In case Sharuk wishes for a detail or change ... listen to him! "
He will accept his children the way they are born because he expects differences anyway (because of their different looking mom). I mean, which EQ-elf has blue hair? He's just a little concerned if they'll be able to breathe water and hopefully have a fishtail so they can come along with the pod. But he will expect them to have legs, because the Deep Sea elf blood gets weaker with every  generation, that is mixed with legged land elves. ( since A charis-shapechange gene cocktail is totally unknown to him)
BTW: What was this hive-mind actually thinking when they decided to match Embala's genetics with Sharuk's and forced that recognition?
Charis1"Hey, he looks cool, we'll take his genes to our collective."
Charis2"Have you got that crush on the next Exo again? Do you always have to think with your hive hormones."
Charis3: "Waitwaitwait, Charis1 is right, this elf's got something, take a look...uh, through Em's eyes, of course. "
Charis4 "Okaaaaay, Let`s take a closer look...analysis says:
he has a sexy taint, good looks, strong muscles, looks tough, successful and smart.I think he's on the winning side of life on this planet.  Oh wait... I can still feel that he's an inbred with enhanced traits, interesting. "
Charis5 "Yes, Very interesting... and kinda forbidden dirty. Yummy! All right. Let's get him!"...

"about the name problen: Would Wirrh and Sireen fit better in your system?"
I have no problem with their names, they are your elf-OCs , name them as you wish. It can be Whirr and Siren, yet I must confess that Sireen sounds better to me. As you write it, it sounds very elfy.

"Embala cannot know ... because she cannot send! This time it's the father's task to find their sound names. ^^"
Ah yes, of course she cannot find the names. Yet they are your babies, so you cmay design everything on them. But in case, you don`t want to think about sonarsounds (which I can absolutely understand, lol Razz ) I will do.  Very Happy

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 7:03 pm

I'll help as i can!^^0 just kind of enjoying all the details to read. Ooooh can't wait to see Yeee coloring the kids!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 7:39 pm

It's Wirrh and Sireen!
... and Sharuk must find the sound names - or the kids will have to wait til recognition. ^^

Quote :
ok, should I then make color suggestions ? Maybe that's better. Finally, scanned colored pencils look different than computer colors.
The color templates show for you, Yeee? They are meant to give orientation. I'm aware that color pencils and markers turn out different from digital coloring and I will love these variations!

I'm glad the last post can help with picture design. Smile More when I'll find time again.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 6:59 am

"The color templates show for you, Yeee? They are meant to give orientation."

Yes, they will.
I was tinkering with Sharuk's coloring until last night so I can start on the little ones today.

Sharuk will remind Embala that the sounds the babies will make about 2 months after birth are their whistle  identifiers and therefore their underwater names. So Embala will hear these names, she is not cast out from this unique experience.
But Sharuk will have to take on the mother's part of singing their underwater-names to the little ones starting 2 months before they are born. Sharuks name -singing ends when the babies find their own whistle signature (names) which are different from Sharuks sung names .(source below)

Searching for some stuff  concerning  dolphins  (which are  biologically strangely close to Deep Sea elves- and so to the Sea Raiders too) communication. I found interesting articles.
I must have messed something up there. We (and I think land elves too) can't even hear the sonar sounds, they're too high-frequency, Ultrasonic. In addition, dolphins make high-pitched whistle sounds (and also clicks) that we can hear.  the underwater names of the children will be made of those sounds.  

This here  also applies to the Sea Raiders and Embalas Babies:

"Baby dolphins don't usually develop their own signature whistle until they're around the age of 2 months, with much variation in timing, Ames said. The baby's whistle tends not to be similar to the mother's or to the other dolphins in the group."
https://www.livescience.com/55699-mother-dolphins-teach-babies-signature-whistle.html

"Dolphin abilities

Dolphins probably aren't born with their echolocation ability, but develop it over time. Baby dolphins, for instance, babble before they learn to make more complex sounds, Marino said. She suspects their echolocation must be learned as well."
This is the source.
https://www.livescience.com/38087-can-dolphins-detect-pregnant-women.html

Cuuuute  dolphin babies babble like human babies too. Very Happy I love you

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 7:24 pm

@Embala: Sharuk has a specialty on his dorsal fin. Namely this poisonous sting, he can pass it on to his boy. This sting rarely appears, and when it does, it only appears on male Sea Raiders.

Maybe I'll open an inheritance rule that only fathers, not mothers, can pass this sting on to their sons. (But it only "can"  that doesn't have to be the case inevitably.)
Currently only Sharuk and Silver have it. And Rayek had it when Yeee fishtailed him.

Do you want your boy to have this good self defense weapon?

I made boys tail upside violet-black and downside dark violet .
hope, it`s okay.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 12:06 pm

finished it, with baby pastell colors in the background.  Razz  I gave baby boy small eyes like Embala has. If they should become bigger, more elf like, let me know.
Baby girls golden spots have become the typical female Sea Raider tail spots.

1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 Mermay52

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 1:49 pm

Wooooah. It looks like you went all out on this picture Yeee, it looks spectacular!! The twins look sooo cuuuute ^^
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 5:55 pm

Thank you so much, Vaeri. Baby pictures just have something attractive, then I have something nice for Mermay with this.  1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 1f60a

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 11:21 pm

Yeee wrote:
I don't think Embala needs Yeee to shape the tail at all, that's what the Charis viruses do , don`t they? so:
Ich kann die Flossen noch anpassen, wenn gewünscht.
Embala definitely needed Yeee's help to get her mertail. She already had a healer-shaped mertail centuries/millenia ago Yeee mostly followed the pre-defined way to make it easier for Embala. But for details she'd chosen the familiar Sea raider look. PLEASE -let it the way it is. It looks stunning!

The Charis can easily the DNA of an embryo to enable hybrids. They can make you healthier and stronger. They help to adept.
If there is enough time The Charis will heal almost deadly wounds, even regrow missing limbs or organs. and yes, They can change the appearance - skin or eye color, shape of ears or eyes - but this will take time and might make you feel sick during the process.
The Charis do not turn their "host" into a shapchanger.

And to clearify another playful assumption: the host will never be part of the Charis hive mind. Contact with the Charis collective consciousness.is possible only on their home planet Charis.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 6:24 pm

"Come to meeee...". No, not that mean (this is more a mean, mad Yeee quote),   Rayek Devil , more like:
"Come with me...into the deep!" Well this saying will probably pass into his daughter's blood which he is about to father.  Laughing  ( I`m sure Deeplure will lure humans into the deep?!)
What does Embala answer?

1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 Scan_225

I'll leave this as it is for the time being, and won't colorize it, because I still have a lot of Mermay pictures to prepare.
The Sharuk and newborns picture are part of my calendar (for September, when Ems and Sharuks recognition month was) and because of that it got colored.

"Embala definitely needed Yeee's help to get her mertail. She already had a healer-shaped mertail centuries/millenia ago Yeee mostly followed the pre-defined way to make it easier for Embala. But for details she'd chosen the familiar Sea raider look. PLEASE -let it the way it is."

Ah ok, as you say Smile
I changed Ems neck, it looked screwed , but not the fins.  And thanx a lot Very Happy.

"They can change the appearance - skin or eye color, shape of ears or eyes - but this will take time and might make you feel sick during the process. "
Ouch!

" Contact with the Charis collective consciousness.is possible only on their home planet Charis."
Very interesting details (maybe for future story snippets)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeee`s sketchbook
Page 29 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: