Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yeee`s sketchbook

Go down 
+13
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Startear
jaRf
manga
Trollbabe
Embala
Sifra
Tynami
Prayer
Vaeri
Yeee
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:43 pm

Yeee wrote:
... and Winnie and her Glider pals completely neglected, dressed in rags, sitting in front of the television in the ruins of the palace waiting for the Troll dealers to bring some food rests ....
Oh Yeaaah! YOU would do this! XD
And as one of your funny drawings I would LOVE it Like ... as a story skript not so much. We know when we agree not to agree. Wink

Yeee wrote:
PalaceHide: Now I get it, these are the High Ones (and their kids?). Haken still hangs around there?
High Ones and kids as Go-Backs? Funny!LOL-make it so
You got it, Yeee! Most of the Firstcomers never left the Palace - and they switched roles with the Gliders. My script goes this way:
Palace ship with decidedly more Coneheads as original EQ suggested. They want to visit a prehistoric world ... the "tourists" gather with Timmain at the portal, the crew (rest of the Circle) stays to check systems a.s.o. Landing ... tourists hurry outside ... thanks to "Safety First" rules each tourist has a Preserver as body guard. New Abode rings bad with Palace hum ... time thread breacks - Palace jumps forward in time 2 or 3 milennia and crashes in a glacier zone. Tourists are stranded in the past, Palace is frozen under a glacier and partly disfunctional due to wrong hum.
Adya, who's the "Captain" tries what he can but there is no way to locate the tourists less go back in time to gather them.They are declared lost and dead and whatever. Adya is devasted that he has lost half of his passengers and his soulmate and falls into a depression. Ship is still working as much as they can grant survival. The Trolls soon get bored and curious and dig a way outside while Adya has forbidden any contact with the "hostile" planet. Now they are The Hiders.
The Firstcomers do their best to resore functions that allow them to use magic at least within the crystals and "go out" by spirit. For some time they even rediscovered reproduction and slowly filled the numbers. At this point Adya ordered Aerth to stop this unnatural breeding. As the Palace functions were limited their mental exercises and journeys could not compensate the actual boredom. Stagnation started. Aditionally they depend more and more on the Trolls to provide them with daily life products.
Yes, your Haken and the other six of the Circle are still alive ... more or less.

Some of the Circle notice what's happening but they have no chance against Adya's obsession and mental powers. Some of the younger Elves who still have the ability to be curious start to plot and small groups and singles ones manage to escape to the unwelcoming outside world. They find ways to survive and even start to thrive. They call themselves the Runaways. I'm sure there is a Kahvi to lead them. ^^ Trolls are considered enemies because some of them are bounty hunters working for Adya. The runaways are on the best way to take over the Go-Back part - the other way round.

The Trolls never revolted against the Coneheads but they surely emancipated themselves. There is at least one Troll Kingdomin in the mountains near the Palace and another somewhere south under a wide forest. The Trolls work and deal with the Elves but surely have an aganda of their own. They'll do only what they consider their advantage.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 5:26 pm

Yeee wrote:
Needle Rock: Ahem...these are somehow Sea Raiders aren`t they?
"(imagine colder seas, not a tropic paradise)" fits
"They have bonded with Wavedancers (dolfins)" fits
" a few have cetacean-like mertails themselves." all have, so nearly fits
"They might be dolfin-blooded but this heritage is very diluted"  fits so very much, LOL!
"Rock/coral-shaping, healing and watershaping magic is running in their heritage but rare." fits
" On the other hand their Wavedancers show elfin heritage - long living and able to send emotions and simple messages " Oh my, that fits too, I just never wrote this detail so clearly down and wanted to reveal this Sea Raider pals trait later...
Tell me if these are relatives of the Sea Raiders?
*cough*Actually  ... *coudhcough* ... actually I've tried to avoid the Sea Raiders! Shocked
All I was aiming for was to switch and twist the Wavedancers into the Wolfrider role. Therefore the temperate zone, the dolfin blood and the elf-blooded bonds. and when I already have Mer-elves I want to see some mertails, too! But fishtails are just too inappropriate if I want to go for mersea-bound Wolfriders. Either sharks or dolfins then ...
... and *cough* ... I wanted them to be as nice as possible. So dolfin/cetacean it is - and diluted blood to have a clear contrast to the wolfish Pack. Actually "my" tidestrays might get along better than anyone else with the Humans. At least with the tribes in their region.

I was determind to leave the mer tribe to you anyway, Yeee. Make them Sea Raider cousins or such ... but maybe you'll manage to keep them sort of nice or at least moderate.

Yeee wrote:
Aquatrolls: Oh my, I see them mostly as submarine-travellers in the sea, or on board a ship but not as mertrolls.
I've thought of some green, fishtailed trolls indeed. XD But I'm easily convinced, that seafaring Trolls a much better idea! Now a see a artificial metal island base, two or three steamboats and - a royal submarin would be AWESOME! With a badass Queen ...
This way the interaction between tidestrays and the submarine trolls would corresbond the Wolfrider-Trolls interaction best! And pips could swim and dive with the Troll prince and princess in the open sea ... this way I'll get my Mer-Trolls! ^^
If you ever consider to draw Trolls, Yeee ... make a a Steampunk Troll submarine scene!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 5:45 pm

Okay, you're going into a lot of details already.

Then I must go into the details of the Elves of Sun Valley too and better set up a few rules for my little AU, and insist on a right of veto. (Sorry to start with this, but is neccessary:) )

I haven't revealed all of my concept of the new sun folk elves yet.

"I get your basic idea this way: This AU is a variation of Original EQ - similar tribes, correspondant story threads and at least partly identical characters."

Exactly, but mostly identical Characters. This is a "What if-" universe: what if the Wolfriders didn`t cross the desert...Yes, and the whole EQ story is different....
("partly identical characters" Smile ....that means Suntop and Ember do not exist here, BUT there is an equivalent for Suntop: Antef (as he is a son of Leetah too)
And here comes my initial idea for this AU:
During one of his meditation exercises in the palace, Suntop feels a strange "thread" from another world. He "follows" and makes mental contact with Antef, who has a strange ability of Magical Sensing . just like Suntop , except the Sun Valley elves don't take the concept too seriously. Somewhat bruised by the massacre and the loss of their spiritual leaders, they have no appreciation for effeminate things and elves. This also has something to do with their new leadership.

I'm sure you can imagine now who's in charge here.

Suntop feels that Antef is somehow a part of him and he learns from his mirror-universe counterpart about the Sun Villages end and its rebirth as the Sun Valley Folk and with it all the hardness the former protector of the Sun Village brought upon them.
The evening after the massacre At the common grave of the fallen, Rayek,covered in blood, broke out in an unprecedented ranting-tirade (maybe stupid english), about how pathetic, frail the Sun Village elves were, and how it was their fault that Savah and the others lay dead.  
Through his wild insults, he realized that he could no longer take on the task of protector alone. And with it his own complicity in allowing the people to be so soft and vulnerable.
After all, he had always feasted on being the only hunter and protector, and thus being better than everyone else. The realization hit him like a blow and he swore on the grave that he would make sure that something like this would never happen to his people again.
He would train his people rigorously and fit them to hunt and fight... and any of them who would not join now would not be worthy of surviving.
As brutal as his oath was the way he treated his people in teaching survival skills. (The mostly uttered sentence they heard from him in these times was: "NOT GOOD ENOUGH!")
The elves were mostly unresisting his training, most broken now or so angry that they wanted to learn.

In the course of this, it was Rayek who filled the void of the missing regency. Maybe there was a bit of nagging from Shenshen, but no more resistance.

I think , this actions  might be fitting for the character Rayek and his folk , I try to stay as near to the original as i can.
Also, I want to give Rayek a lot more presence in this AU than in the Sea Raider AU, where he's more of a part of the Sea Raiders history than an acting character.

Over the years The remaining elves increaced their numbers through breeding with Leetah's help. If women and men remained without their desired partner, they were allowed to "borrow" him/her  for one-off breeding purposes. (So ​​that everyone could have a turn. And More than once was welcome Very Happy )    
(so here are possibilities for everyone who wants to have an OC to "mix and match" the parents for this OC What a Face  Very Happy  )

Also over the years Rayeks leadership grew. He started as a  trainer and  In his reign he became a paternal protector at best, a patriarchal despot at worst.  Pharaoh farao
I think, this is the state of leadership into what a leading Rayek would develop  considering his self righteous sight of the world.

And so these people lost their Mother of Memory and gained a Father of.... (don`t know yet...maybe: "War", or "Fight" or "Revenge"...something not so nice like "Memory"

Well , Power makes attractive and Rayek got HIS (!) Leetah, and with this also a bunch of kids. Here they are so far:
1. son, white hair, violet eyes
2. Antef
3. daughter (momentarily still Aneesha, she fits in here)

Maleen also wanted a child from him, and since everyone was allowed to have a child with the partner of their choice, he could no longer excuse himself.
(So, now Maleen can finally have a go. The poor girl was rejected by Rayek in "Kings" and by Skywise too when she wanted a baby . )

For the trolls who crouched in the tunnel of golden light, I have something nice. (grim and evil grin)
On a voyage of discovery, the elves learned of their existence and that of poor Ekuar. The elves from Sun Valley fought against the Trolls, freed Ekuar and enslaved some of these trolls (or all? don´t know yet) to avange Ekuars suffering.
Btw Ekuar didn`t wanted this, but Rayek, feeling responsible as protector of now more than just his people but of ALL of elfkind, insisted. He also insisted upon Ekuar being healed from his crippling , because cripples are weak and weakness is no more allowed under Rayeks leadership. This made Ekuar not less thankful for his rescue but also sad about having again not the free will to choose...(here lays some interesting stuff to work out)

Now with the Sun Valley elves  being aware of other elfin tribes (Ekuar) and maybe, just maybe of the palace(  if Ekuar told about it...) and with Rayek at the lead, they must travel to find other elfin tribes and to bring them together to protec them from humans and trolls alike...And TADAAAAH...here we have the elf who goes out to unite elfkind while Cutter sits in a werewolfcave (LOL). Interesting development...
But all depends upon what Ekuar tells his rescuer elves about his history and that of his people and the palace (maybe he also shut his mouth fearing the earthquake to brake loose if an informed Rayek goes out to search...

so far my concept

You have a very detailed version of a firy elf tribe.
A blue skinned Aroree is somehow strange but it seems to be important to you , so ok, if you need them to be blue.

".. tells the woman who has a mertailed elf boy called "Ortega"! XD"
Oh no, I did not know this was a (spanish?) Surname. It was years ago, when I invented the Raiders, this name rang in my mind for this Raider guy and I loved it. And still love it, grrrr!
Oh ok, all right, this seems to be important for you too to have them named Volca (I thought of something clearly thing describing like: Volcano Holt or something like that. Volca is so inbetween between the word Volcano and a Soundname (I mean with this a word like Leetah or Shenshen). But okay, you can call them also Vulcans, give them green blood and let them greet "live long and prosper"...They are your guys.
Just one thing:

"- Dra'ken (Dragonwing) ... guess why he's called so ^^"

If you intend to let dragons fly free in here I sadly must say/write "Veto!"
Pls no dragons or unicorns in here!
Reading quickly over the rest I say it`s okay on first sight...
so much for Sun Valley Folk and Volcas.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 7:46 pm

Well I just remembered my Sun Valley elves to have liquid metal , this is so not from the Elfquest world but belongs into a Marvel universe or something like that. So why not have blue skinned elves too. Elves can shape into nearly everything , Final Quest proved it. Wink

Sun Valley folk: I also forgot to add what happened in the normal Elfquest universe:
Suntop is of course hit to the core by this news. Because he knows how angry Cutter gets just by mentioning Rayek's name, let alone saying that Rayek and Leetah are lifemates (this takes place when Suntup and Ember are elder teenagers and before the club fight between Cutter and Rayek. Alternative this can take place later), he does not say anything to anyone (not even to Ember , so that she does not tell everything to Cutter...or plays the chief and demands this or that)
Suntop  talks to Antef for a long time, who also doesn't reveal anything to his people at first. They slowly get to know each other, finding each other very likeable, they are basically one and the same elf, just with a few differences.

And now there is a might happen or not in the AU story: The thread of the other universe that wraps around the Scroll of Colors feels odd to Suntop, as if something isn't quite right with it. Suntop realizes with horror that the AU thread is about to fray. He fears that he is even to blame for this, since he mentally intervened in this AU thread and thus changed it.
Swallowing hard and with a heavy heart, he informs Antef. Facing his horrible end  to vanish into nothing, Antef overcomes his fear of the barrier between universes and, after trials with sticks and animals, slips through it himself towards the waiting Suntop - and lives. He can also switch back with the help of Suntop, who keeps the AU thread in shape or whatever.
Now Suntop decides to reveal the secret to his people and also presents his AU half brother to his EQ-verse parents. Reactions: Cutter: first totally shocked, then furious (because Antef is his rival's son and not his),then pleasantly surprised that the boy is so different from Rayek. then...lets see respect and that...
Leetah : first totally shocked, then fascinated by Antef and very quickly she starts to love him as her second son.
Rayek: first totally shocked, then fascinated by Antef too and immediatly loves his boy which means, That he wants to possess Antef.  Or At least wants to be very near to the boy of his dreams  whom he never could have. Learns, that the boy is not a second Rayek but is able to get along with it since the boy shows smartness, agility and magic, which is a lot a father can be proud of (What AU-Rayek is NOT able to see btw-there is a conflict relationship running)

Antef reactions: scares away from Cutter, keeps his distance and always hides under his helmet, the spear-lance always in his hands.
After a startled flinch from Leetah for being so different than in his AUverse, he cautiously approaches her shy but couriously, friendly and openly. He has trouble not showing his obvious affection for her and seems to be struggling with the realization that she is not his True Mother.
When he is able to speak to her in a private moment, he asks her if she is happy here. (tiny but important detail) .
The moment he meets the EQverse Rayek he goes pale, stiff, and automatically adopts a stance like a soldier who gets yelled a "stand still" order. He reacts confused that he is not corrected by Rayek for something wrong. Also he reacts anxiously to EQ-Verse Rayek's advances, blinking as if expecting a punch. It takes him a longer time to trust the EQ-verse Rayek.

All young elves born after the massacre in Sun Valley are secretly informed. Only they should know. Since they don't exist in the EQ-verse, Suntop and Antef believe that only they would survive a switch into it. But of course this is a very heterogeneous group and already all of Sun Valley knows what should have been kept secret (I will not let my parents die! and that stuff).  
This of course leads to the doppelgangers in the AU- universe meeting their counterparts seeing them through the barrier (like a  Mirror ) and being able to speak with each other.
Which doesn't lead to a nice conversation....

So much for now considering the elfgyptians...

Palace Hide and Troll minions:
You have my ok, do so.

Needle Rock: mainly ok .. too tired now for a big answer, just: we write about this later.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 2:56 am

I help cause i love Ancient Egyptian: D

https://karathutmose.tripod.com/dictionary/dictionary1.html

This is the only comprehensive list of words i can find but i hope is good enough? Will certainly work on designing some elves but i leave for camping tomorrow and will be gone for a week, so i hope i won't miss too much!

Also wasn't it Vurdah who reeeally wanted a baby with Skywise and was bummed she couldn't? I always thought Maleen and Ruffel saw it as play more than serious.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 5:08 am

Thanx for the list, Vaeri! Now we have a start at least.

And yes, of course, Vurdah was the poor dear who so desperately wanted a baby. The other two gals would like to have , but it was not that urgent.
Hey Vaeri, wouldn`t you like to give Vurdah what she wanted? After all you want to design some elfgypts...
btw. I wish you a wonderful camping holidays! Very Happy sunny

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 2:33 pm

@Embala:
Needle Rock:
"actually I've tried to avoid the Sea Raiders!"
Oh okay, funny but I truly think:  They must have been haunting in the back corner of your mind (surely again so very much Denglish, LOL), when you worked them out.  

" when I already have Mer-elves I want to see some mertails, too!"
absolutely, and I prefer all of them to have it. But that brings with it the problem of just being able to live in water, or just crawling onto the sandbank like the seals and that's it with land life. So I thought the trick with the general ability to switch between fishtail and legs like the Raiders was pretty cool. The question is which task (quest or interaction options) is assigned to this elven tribe in this AU. If they are only used  (when it comes to landlife) as pretty mermaids sitting on stones and combing their hair, then they don't need legs. Of course, if we had a magically powerful elf with Winnie's flesh shaping abilities, then there would be a lot more potential.

"But fishtails are just too inappropriate if I want to go for mersea-bound Wolfriders. Either sharks or dolfins then ..."
Not necessarily. shark and dolphintails (and that of Seals , considering Selkies):  the design ranges from too clumsy to bulky and fits more to mertrolls than to delicate elves. thats why the Sea Raiders have no Wolphintail too. it is simply because It does not look good and elfy. High sea fish design, on the other hand, looks very good. These are the same in crescent like shape as dolphins, only vertical and slender with many bone-like struts.

BUT: Now I'm like your siren: "nope, no Sea Raider fishtail, do something different!"

"... and *cough* ... I wanted them to be as nice as possible. Actually "my" tidestrays might get along better than anyone else with the Humans. At least with the tribes in their region.
"
Okay,I'm totally with you. I too would like to have nice merms here.

"So dolfin/cetacean it is - and diluted blood to have a clear contrast to the wolfish Pack."
I would also like to have something other than dolphin blood at elfmerms again.
No Sea Raiders- no human killers - no dolphin shaped tail and no dolphin blood.

"I was determind to leave the mer tribe to you anyway, Yeee. "
Maybe that was an error, because I am changing everything of your concept.  What a Face  sorry, I am mean now.

"Make them Sea Raider cousins or such ... but maybe you'll manage to keep them sort of nice or at least moderate."
The Sea Raider story has a totally different background and does not fit in this AU, because it belongs in the Elfquest universe after the Rogues Curse story `s open end (so far). So no worrys about that, but I destroyed your idea completely on a different level.

I would love to design a koi merelf tribe. Yes, I see the idea is, of course, miles away from dolphin elves.  Couldn’t be farther away from it proper. At least I would like to do something completely different this time away from the usual sickle-shaped fishtail fins. I would like to draw merelfs with beautiful full fins (similar to the original Wavedancers-only with more details, fuller, several fins layered on top of each other (as it is possible in the mermaid maker)
The Sickle shaped Raider fin is cool but sometimes annoying to draw. It’s always so wide that I have to fold and bend it all the time while drawing and then it is no more that beautiful as I intendet it to be.

Sea Trolls:
"Now a see a artificial metal island base, two or three steamboats and - a royal submarin would be AWESOME! With a badass Queen ...
This way the interaction between tidestrays and the submarine trolls would corresbond the Wolfrider-Trolls interaction best! And pips could swim and dive with the Troll prince and princess in the open sea ... this way I'll get my Mer-Trolls! ^^"

The idea of these trolls is very cool. The Trolls of the Sea Raider -universe are only sitting on land and are bartenders, selling land-drugs (rum) to the Raiders in their Troll pub "The rich beard" at a south sea like (tropical) beach. ...and that was it with trolls and water.

Here these become steampunk style guys and I love steampunk.

"If you ever consider to draw Trolls, Yeee ... make a a Steampunk Troll submarine scene!"
Cool idea, but implementation will fail. If there's something I can't draw, it's things with straight lines that create something mechanical in their composition and these fucking perspectives. And steampunk creations are full of that, this is what Steampunk  basically is: futuristic machine construction with victorian age design (don`t find a better translation).
Organic forms, of course, animals and people and especially mixed creatures are my specialties , yes.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 6:02 pm

@Embala:
Sun Valley elves.
"Regular and frequent breeding circles are totally logigal and needed if you grow a whole tribe from a handful of ancestors. As soon as you have a viable puppultion - even mor in a limited environment - you'll need a significant death rate or some kind of birth control. I confess that I hate to kill my characters - even redshirts. So I prefer a small birthrate with a slow growth. But I clearly prefer a birth rate! ^^"

Absolutely agreed. The former Sun Villagers will spread and search for new living space when their numbers outgrow the limited recources of Sorrows Ends soil and the mountains that surrounds it. The desert elves have learned a lesson from the attack on them: they would never leave it to others to find them again, but secure their territory by thoroughly searching the environment. Further exploratory flights include:  securing the known areas, exploring the as yet unknown finding new resources, as well as exploring where the boundary of the uninhabited country is and where the nearest enemies live. To protect their territory, they must fly out and thus draw the attention of the nearest enemies, a dilemma and unavoidable. All other species are considered enemies. BUT the actually meanwhile suspicious Sun Valley elves would believe a Winnowill naïve. Elves do nothing to other elves, only humans and trolls are evil, they think. Well, they haven`t learned this lesson yet.
Also  I think an exploratory and expansionist lifestyle that broadens Rayek’s sphere of influence would suit him very well. (There is still not the Palace search quest existant yet).
So: much talk/write, simple answer:
Their numbers spread- they expanse-they are able to have even more kids (and this will be wanted by the Leader to be able to expand further)...and so on

" I see a Pern-like imprinting between the falcons and their riders."
What is "Pern-like"? Translator does not work on this word.

"The bond is woven when the hatchling breaks the shell ... and the "chosen elf" will inevitably become the lifelong caretaker and rider for the birdie."
I have not thought so intensively about the bonding. Just thought, they steal some eggs from the nests (A chick is left over so that the parents are not too frustrated) and raise the birds. not a big emotional bonding thing, rather as pragmatic as when dealing with Zwoots: Animals that you train to work. This would be the normal Sun Villager thinking and handling. Of course, there are deep emotional bonds between animals and riders in reality. And hey, why not , I like your idea and that of the "egg finds elf" -ritual too. This is soooo much like in my old german "Hawkbrothers" Elfquest holt. There the bonding WAS a very emotional stuff and I invented the idea of a ritual of egg-finds-elf  bonding , LOL! There A healer monitored everything so that nothing went wrong, the chick did not die and the bonding was firmly anchored. Lets adopt this too.

You invent a whole bunch of Sun Valley elves-how cool is that?

"Anubis was just a faint thought - dark vibe and intriguing ears."
Lol, great! I guess he has a desert jackal mask with big ears too (like Tynamis elf) instead of bigger elfin ears than normal elf ears, which are already oversized in normal size.

" First generation post-raid kiddo - probably the very first one."
First one , but only several days until a week before the others of his generation were born. The parents started their "work" at a certain day when they decided, that they had to start breeding if they wouldn`t want to be extincted as folk on the long run.

"Parents: none we know I'd say. Hmmm ... how about Thiro for Dad?"
Make it so! Wasn`t Thiro the one who died by Zwoot-hoof? Then he should survive in this AU to father "Anubis" Wink

"Born with already strong sending abilities. Traumatized vengeful, overprotective - because he sensed all the hurtful memories of the survivors. "
Then all of them are traumatized, they will all get those "memories" implanted by the elders, we can also make a ritual out of this: the "Never forget this in the name of the Valley of the sun" -ritual at a big fire...or that...

"Tall, slender build"
normal Sun folk size? Like Thiro..., taller is only the Minya size (is she taller than the rest of the Sun Villager? i recall it could be?!)  , is she his mom? Savah is dead and can`t be his mom-so not Savahs size.

"Think of Suntoucher ... and he wants to fill this role (priest, spiritual leader) without Anatim's serenity and wisdom. Can definitely be fanatic."
He can’t get past Rayek, he removes Anubis if he gets too condescending. But none of the young elves would rise up against an elder (and all survivors count as elders even the youngest).The following generations are strictly educated.  The elders word is law (especially Rayeks- as the leader), there is no contradiction and rebellion  since the survivors are considered heroes by the young elves.
But Anubis can become a fanatical follower of Rayek’s expansionist efforts and  believer in the superiority of his own elf tribe.

"Just a thought: he can be formally responsible for the falcons and the hatching ritual - not that he would personally do all the hard and dirty work. ^^"
okay!

"Amaunet (means: Hidden One / Secret One - verborgen, unauffällig) is the granddaughter of Minyah* "
Very good!  I like it, when OC`s have canon elves (grand-) parents- so I have Reference for their design.

"She went to Anatim's hut to see what was left of toorah's collection and knowledge. Anatim, who has survived the raid but never recovered from the shock, was very reluctant and offish. "
Difficult, I wanted to let Anatim die in the massacre, so that there is NO spiritual leader left , just a total void and nothing to cling to but loss and rage. What now?

"One day "eyes met eyes" and they recogneced."
oh my, yes, this had to happen. Again: what now? Maybe an Anatim that got insane can be a solution. Only then I can still have my planned new society working.  Oh no, Leetah can heal him...he runs demented away and hides..maybe

"As the village urgently needed new blood and they actually liked each other the pull was fullfilled - and two twin girls were born. Anatim lived long enough to see them grow to teen age ... then simply "let go" and joined Toorah's spirit."
A madman gets his sex in the hidden cave and leaves his body/passes away. This may be?

"Amaunet is a knowlageable and experianced herbal healer by now. Kind and reserved, unobstrusive in look and manners. Prefers practical garb that works for gardening "
this and the rest: okay

"*(would love if Minyah has survived the raid ^^)"
okay, we need some survivors anyway-but also deads-maybe Rayeks parents are dead instead. I do not need them nor do I think anybody does (am I mean now!)

"Mut, daughter auf Amauret and Anatim."
cool!

"Ankhsen-Amun - "older" sister of Mut."
She is great! I like her!  especially this:

" the failed "premium candidate" still frowns on her because of this incident."
LOOOOL, make it so: Ankhsen, her accidental falcon bond birdie and the ritual of bird bonding with fanatic Anubis to mediate this, HAHAHA, LOL Great! I see this scene before my eyes!

"Yes, my girls are Leetah's little sisters ... and somehow I think she is not amused!"
Especially when she learns that daddy has survived a few days as a demented freak and then passed away , and no one told her to come to the healing !!! Bad luck. Leetah , then no one there was able to send...shit happens

Em , is this okay for you? We have to adapt this a little bit to be fitting in the great story arc. Sorry for your twin girls not to have daddy around them while growing into teenage. I don`t like to take dad away from them , but I see no other possibility.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 8:48 pm

Yeee wrote:
Haha, I see the Wolfriders als tree pissing doglike elves ...
... and I can see this picture! XD But this time I see more than you, Yeee. I see that it is not a tree but a Funguy camouflaged as a tree who the Werewelf is accidentally watering ... with such an innocnt face! And at the corner of your drawin is anoter Werewelf ... grinning. and it becomes clear that they know. XD

Yeee wrote:
Wherhold: Haha, Elfquest-Monster High. The werewelves are loose. That is so funny! Do it! If the Sun Valley elves are going to meet the Wereelves, then there will be a much worse clash of the two cultures than there was in the original story. Leetah will run away from Cutter screaming. And even more bad luck for Leetah: she and Rayek are a couple in this AU and have long since grown apart in their relationship. So he's certainly not going to try to stop Cutter in any way...have bad thoughts now...mean grin!
Would be bad indeed.
The Pack how I envision it is hardly elfkin anymore. Most of the Pack are just big, long-living wolves, able to stand or even walk on their back legs for some moments (like some cats can do). They are lost in the NOW - no self-awareness, no reflection, no traits of elfin conciousness.
About a dozen "Werewelfs" are left. I got the impression that Bearclaw would fit much better as Packleader than a cutter-type. So for me it is Grenn, Timmain, Lree, Eryn, Jial ... and some more. Grenn's last cub Tam was born as one of the "conciousless" brood. Grenn realizes that something went wrong with the Pack but he's too much in the NOW himself to be able to remember, to reflect and draw conclusions.
Timmain, who's running with the Peck for milennia and almost lost in the now herself, realizes that Marr's (Two-Spear) eagerness to breed out the "elfin weakness" was too sucessfull but it is too late to turn the fate of her children.
Bearclaw has hardly elfin traits, less manners, and knows nothing about Recognition. IF he is still able to recognize it will be pure instinct - and he will not ask! Better make sure Leetah will get support or this will end X-rated.

Yeee wrote:
Forbidden Grove: okay, your elves!
The Fungusamungus (Rootless Ones) are what they are. Just their origin has switched from the Pre-Sunfolk to the (Pre-)Wolfriders. And they would get names for sure! btw: they volunteer to rescue Leetah ^^ ... Oh my ... would be a nightmare for her! Vom Regen in die Traufe. XD ... *sees a Halloween tale*

P.S.: I've read you last posts, Yeee. Thanks for sharing your basic ideas about your What-If-story. Very Happy
Everything is fine. I'm just too tired for one more comment tonight. You can be sure that your veto will be accepted any time ... and that there is no need for it at all. More tomorrow.

This ist Pern - and NO, I don't want to introduce dragons! ^^ I just thought of their bonding ritual with the hatchlings and could not resist to use it to make Ankh a FalconRider.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 6:36 pm

@Tynami: Here is the preleminary Henuttaneb, simplified cornbraid swith goldbeads, collar simplified without breastplate ( yet), skirt long and wide as you wished.  Mask not yet done, no make up yet, no tattoo yet
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Scree277
should I add More details? Breastplate Like in the original collar?
Face ok? (Eyes not slanted upwards but more like Clearbrook) , slight round face, Haircolor black? braids more defined?
What weapon does she have? Maybe an egyptian sword like this?
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Agypti10
or rather a lance-spear?

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 6:49 pm

Rules are good, Yeee! Avoids lots of missunderstandings and problems. Very Happy And your right of veto is selfevident. Remember what I've said: "my mind has built an AU around your Valley of the Sun AU" - that's not: "I've build the world for your AU". I was surprised happy that you found it so interesting and welcomed my musings! Shocked
Your Elfgyptian FalconRiders inspred me and gave me ideas how this trbe switch could go and where it can be similar or different to EQ. It's not a menue served unasked - it's a buffet you can pick from. Smile

Yeee wrote:
If you intend to let dragons fly free in here I sadly must say/write "Veto!"
Pls no dragons or unicorns in here!
No veto, Yeee - there's no need at all! I've almost ended "Dragonwing's" introduction with a "no worries - there will be no dragons soaring around Twin Peaks!" ... and no unicorns either. ^^ The name was because of Dra'ken's fleshshaped wings - he fills the spot of Tyldak.
But I've noticed that a name with "dragon" in it is illogical in a world that knows not even some flying reptiles - it will be Dra'ken Firewing! And the Fire-Elves will be just this - clear and easy!
The darkblue skin is not important for me ... just an aesthetic preference. I think that yellow-red, blue or green fflames would look better against a dark skin. You are the picture artist, Yeee - it is your choice how they'll look best.

P.S.: It just occured to me that Haken would be the perfect ancestor fpr the Fire-Elves. 🔥 He's not the type for PalaceHide anyway ... looks like I must get him out there!

Embala wrote:
"But fishtails are just too inappropriate if I want to go for mersea-bound Wolfriders. Either sharks or dolfins then ..."
I've thought so because it was hard to imagine that a High One would mate with a fish to improve the survival skills of their offsprings. Then I realzed: this is EQ. even better - this is an EQ AU ... and there can be fish that are not only strong but intelligent too.
Yeee wrote:
Maybe that was an error, because I am changing everything of your concept.  1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Fresse  sorry, I am mean now.
No, you are not. The Tidestrays stayed strangely pale and unspecific in my imagination. All I could come up with was "Make Snakeskin a bit more like Cutter" and "Foam for Dewshine, Longfin for Clearbrook" and so on ... not what I'd call "alive"!
Yeee wrote:
I would love to design a koi merelf tribe. Yes, I see the idea is, of course, miles away from dolphin elves.  Couldn’t be farther away from it proper. At least I would like to do something completely different this time away from the usual sickle-shaped fishtail fins. I would like to draw merelfs with beautiful full fins (similar to the original Wavedancers-only with more details, fuller, several fins layered on top of each other (as it is possible in the mermaid maker)
I'm looking forward to welcome your Koi-Tribe! Like And you even told you would like to have nice Mers here. Very Happy

Yeee wrote:
"If you ever consider to draw Trolls, Yeee ... make a a Steampunk Troll submarine scene!"
Cool idea, but implementation will fail. If there's something I can't draw, it's things with straight lines that create something mechanical in their composition and these fucking perspectives.
It's EQ and it's an AU ... what if you create your own organic technique EQ/Steampunk crossover!?
Whereever your whimsy leads you Yeee - I'm just throwing ideas. Wink

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 5:40 pm

@Embala: Werewelves:
"Most of the Pack are just big, long-living wolves, able to stand or even walk on their back legs for some moments (like some cats can do). "

So they don`t even look like Timmorn but like wolves? Hm, then they are no more recognizable (No Leetah -you are not out of trouble!) , and that would be a little bit sad. They should at least look that Timmorn style, else the expanding elves from the Valley of the Sun think, they are cold-wet-land-jackals and kill them (You know that Rayek killed the desert jackals whenever he could-that revenge thingie.- And this would be his order: KILL THEM ALL!)

" I got the impression that Bearclaw would fit much better as Packleader than a cutter-type. So for me it is Grenn, Timmain, Lree, Eryn, Jial ... and some more. Grenn's last cub Tam was born as one of the "conciousless" brood. Grenn realizes that something went wrong with the Pack but he's too much in the NOW himself to be able to remember, to reflect and draw conclusions."

I am not fit with all soulnames: Who are Grenn (Bearclaw?), Eryn and Jial?
So the Wolfrider cast is: Timmain, Dewshine, Bearclaw, Cutter (not intelligent?)....Two Spear Marr (still alive or not?)

"Timmain, who's running with the Peck for milennia and almost lost in the now herself, realizes that Marr's (Two-Spear) eagerness to breed out the "elfin weakness" was too sucessfull but it is too late to turn the fate of her children"
This can lead to this story:
In her distress, Timmain turns to the elves of Sun Valley and asks them for help: "Save my children, you must! PLEASE!"... and we already have the next task (or quest).
If so: At this point at the latest, the Sun Valley elves should / would be informed about the existence of the palace when Timmain explains (if this would be the only solution) that the error can only be corrected with the concentrated magical power of all magic elves in the palace. (If not, it would be just a giant task for Leetah to undo the damage. (Have fun at work, healer!) and it is not neccessary to reveal the existence of the palace .

Well if it would be to simply accept this condition (in Timmains opinion), the Sun Valley elves would search for the correction of this error themselves without any call for help. besides the already mentioned greed for expansion, The AU Rayek would never abandon elves who he felt were in "dire need of help" This simply from the experience of the massacre of his people (and of course to do justice to his duty of protector as prophesied by Anatim). Once he learns of other tribes of elves, it will be important to him that they are safe to the extent that there is no imminent danger of whatsoever. becoming conciousless would be this sort of danger as same as being attacked by humans, trolls..etc. Besides, it would be terribly embarrassing for him to be related in any way to anything like werewelves Laughing

" I was surprised happy that you found it so interesting and welcomed my musings!"
To quote Severus Snape: "Always!" Of course Em, I am happy that I am not drooling alone here like an isolated idiot presenting her wacky works and the rest just irritated shaking their heads at it. Smile And it is simply motivating me to stay at work here.

"It's not a menue served unasked - it's a buffet you can pick from. "
tasty! picking here and there...

"The darkblue skin is not important for me ... just an aesthetic preference. I think that yellow-red, blue or green fflames would look better against a dark skin. You are the picture artist, Yeee - it is your choice how they'll look best."
If you ask me this way, I would say: rather normally skinned, because:...

"P.S.: It just occured to me that Haken would be the perfect ancestor fpr the Fire-Elves. 🔥 He's not the type for PalaceHide anyway ... looks like I must get him out there!"

...thats why no blue skin. ...interesting detail! Hot- head Haken has Heatwave-kids! Cool...no Hot! Like

" He's not the type for PalaceHide anyway ... looks like I must get him out there!"
Yes of course , but I thought he would be a fine Runaway- High Go Back.

your dolphin elves:
"and there can be fish that are not only strong but intelligent too. "
Oh no, now it's getting weird. Fish to mate with, that really doesn't fit. This is too grotesque.

I have kois already integrated in the special Sea Raider breed of Yeee and Haken Smile . Maybe there are just a few travelling koi-elves meeting the dolphin elves. Your mer-idea is nice, it would be sad to destroy everything. So fear not to be in need to make an elf-fish breed.

"The Tidestrays stayed strangely pale and unspecific in my imagination. All I could come up with was "Make Snakeskin a bit more like Cutter" and "Foam for Dewshine, Longfin for Clearbrook" and so on ... not what I'd call "alive"!"

I think, that these characters of the 2. Wavedancer series were strangely pale. They're a boring substitute for the original because wendy, Richard and/or Jozef couldn't control themselves and bickered so stupidly. (Those idiots!) Yeah, what kind of nice, continuing Wave Dancer comics we could have had in our collections now if they hadn't been so shitty stupid and unreasonable back then. (I need to rant about this now and then...)
- WD-2 : they are Zombie elves

What about the first Wave Dancers ? But those never met the canon elves..just Winnowill.
Maybe make totally new characters instead of trying to revive zombie mers?
Have no answer for this yet

"It's EQ and it's an AU ... what if you create your own organic technique EQ/Steampunk crossover!? "

Yes, and you draw it! I might nick some stuff from Instagram, I found something funny fitting there. An air thingie might also become a sea thingie with some adaptations
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Scree278

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 6:34 pm

Next post...For the Elfgyptians, I think a lot of modern interpretations are very inspiring in addition to the original. I think the movie Stargate was really brilliant in terms of design (bad in terms of story).
I wanted to extend the ingenious design of the armor to the Elfgypt-warriors:

Anubis: Here are nice examples for his design:
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Anubis10
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Starga11
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Starga12
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Scree279
this is how the guy under the helmet looks like
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 230px-10

So, and while I'm at it, I set the design basis for Rayek here too. He will be "Ra"-this fits so cool! And here is his mood board so far: This was Horus, but Rayek is Ra .
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Scree280
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Scree281

This is where the liquid metal comes in: in Stargate, the armors (helmet) of the warriors, who represent Egyptian gods, change at the touch of a button.
look here , sorry the clip is so long, can`t find a short version. The shaping starts 2.04

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 9:16 pm

Yeee wrote:
So they don`t even look like Timmorn but like wolves? Hm, then they are no more recognizable (No Leetah -you are not out of trouble!) , and that would be a little bit sad.
Yes - and no. The ones I'll call Werewelfes in this post look more or less like Timmorn ... and behave like him in his "wild" moods. Or look like Timmain in Shards or Dewshine's wolf soul. Their number is less than the Wolfrider tribe in EQ #1. The rest of The Pack are more or less weird looking regressed wolves. Coniousless about their elfin heritage, able to walk on two legs for a short time and paws that still ressemble hands to some degree. Tam is one of them - that's what made Grenn (Bearclaw) think. Whether there is still an elfin soul buried in this shell ... YOUR story can tell.

I was determined to let THe Pack die out as a wolfblooded Elf tribe ... but I see you like them and already make use of them for your story. Very Happy
'Yeee wrote:
In her distress, Timmain turns to the elves of Sun Valley and asks them for help: "Save my children, you must! PLEASE!"... and we already have the next task (or quest).
So they may or may not survive - depending on Rayek's success.

The Werewelves are: Grenn (Bearclaw) and Dehl (Joyleaf) - she is probably dead at this point, Twen (Nightfall), Eyrn (Moonshade), Sur (One-Eye), Jial ('Scouter) and Lree (Dewshine), Trunc (Treestump), Fahr (Skywise) - who's comparably "elfy", a throwback in Grenn's eyes, Timmain of course, Blae (Brownberry) and Redd (Longbranch), Koei (EyesHigh) and Zash (Shale), Fux (Foxfur) ... some "soulnames " are made up.
No Wyl (Strongbow) please - THIS is important for me.
Marr (Two-Spear) is dead for long - but he is considered their founder and made the fatal codex for this tribe.
IF the Pack will survive als Elves, Zheel (Ember) can be born to Grenn and Leetah (totally YOUR choice, Yeee!) and Dyrr to Grenn and Eyrn. Oh ... and an elfin selfshaper like Kimo may show up (a much less naive one!)
Twen (Nightfall) possibly recognizes Ulm (Redlance) of the Fungusamungus and they have Sohn (Tyleet).

The Fungusamumus just got Willowgreen as their founder/creator and Ulm (Redlance) as youngest member. There might be Goodtree, too. Imagine all of them quite a bit ... tweaked. XD

Yeee wrote:
" I was surprised and happy that you found it so interesting and welcomed my musings!"
To quote Severus Snape: "Always!" Of course Em, I am happy that I am not drooling alone here like an isolated idiot presenting her wacky works and the rest just irritated shaking their heads at it. 1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Icon_smile And it is simply motivating me to stay at work here.
One is glad to bee of service. Wink And even if I hardly comment recently - I LOVE your artwork, Yeee! Would miss it so badly. Hug
Quote :
"It's not a menue served unasked - it's a buffet you can pick from. "
tasty! picking here and there...
cheers ... Good appetite! ... bounce

Fire Elves: So you prefer your Haken and his descendants pale? Do it so!
Haken as a runaway? Practically - yes. But the Runaways are too young to be connected to Haken -they might have been inspired by his example, tho!
Hmmmm ... how to get him out? scratch
The Palace was thrown back in time only 1,000 years give or take ...  so after this time Adya would have tried to find and gather the "tourists" and his beloved Timmain ... but the Palace had been carried off by ta glacier. So he declared everything outside "too dangerous" and ordered palace-hide. Rebellious Haken NOT agreed to this at all. He pulled a Strongbow and used the ice tunnel of the rescue attempt for his escape - together with his lovemate Tislin and their toddler Volca. Good chance that a handful of others follwed him. Does this work for you, Yeee?
btw: Haken's place in the Circle was given to Winnowill, one of the few children of the Hiders. ^^ (in case you WANT to have Winnowill in your story)

Yeee wrote:
Oh no, now it's getting weird. Fish to mate with, that really doesn't fit. This is too grotesque.
[...] So fear not to be in need to make an elf-fish breed.
Oh ... I could do this! XD... but NO - we already agreed that your Koi-Elves will swim around!
The Tidestrays may return IF they become alive and kicking for me.
btw.: Do you want to keep Needle Rock as home for the Koi Elves? Could be a cozy place with the riff-protected atoll around the rock. IF the Tidestrays return there will be a slightly different concept and another home (-> google Playa de Gulpiyuri).

You've mentiond Elfricans - they could fill the Plainselves slot.

YUP ... this airship would work as a Seapunk-Troll submarine! ^^

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 6:14 pm

@Tynami: its your Henuttaneb:
the skirt and hairdo are nearly done, the gold beans need light and shadow
1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Scree282
What eye color does she have, what tattoos (the eye thing on the mood board picture?), same with the make up?
Look at the previous posts, : more questions

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 10:51 pm

Anubis - how you've handled him is what I've hoped for, Yeee. You've like the basic idea, skipped what contadicts your story line and kept what fits in. Very Happy After reading your script "Rayek's fanatic follower" was exactly my thought. "Tall, slender build" - just a bit taller than an average Sun Villager and the Long-eared mask will make him look even taller. Your mask suggestons are great - Anubis approves. ^^
It would be easy to have Anubis as firstborn post-raid kiddo, Thiro (yup, he was Leetah's first lover)  as his father and have him among the victims with a simple trick:  Anubis was sired almost 2 years ago. He's born just hours after the raid, the villages first hope for a new beginning and pampered "Prince of the City" for two years. This status is lost when a bunch of kids is born but now he's the oldest one and feels superior and being the "leader" of the "little ones".
Btw: What Anubis believes to be or what he wishes for is not necessarily what he'll get! XD

I'm happy that my "hatching ritual" was welcomed too and even more remembered you of your Hawkrider rituals. Smile

Amaunet -  looks like her twins will never meet their sire. :/ I get that even a shocked and totally withdrawn Suntoucher would hinder the planned developement. But I don't want him "survive as a demented freak".
Okay ... Amaunet goes to Anatim's hut the day after the raid to look for Toorah's herbs and knowledge because she wants to help. In the sleeping cellar she finds anatim, wounded and shocked, hiding there like a child might hide in a wardrobe. He wants to bring him out - he refuses, moves back - eyes look - Recognition. This shock brings him out of this paralized state - pull fullfilled. When Amaunet wakes up in the night, Anatim is not here. She finds him sitting on the Bridge of Destiny starring at the stars. "Time to let go ..." "but out kitling..." "It's perfect. A new life starts when a too long life ends." ... and he lets go and joins Toorah's spirit. Or something like this ... no chance to inform Leetah.

The "premium rider" - in case you're looking for an identity: Halek volonteers.

Have I forgotten to answer any other questions?

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2022 12:57 am

I haven't read through everything yet, but Henuttaneb looks amazing so far! Looking at the letters, it takes a while for me to focus, but hopefully will be able to read it soon.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2022 3:44 pm

@Tynami: just scroll upwards at the other post with Henuttanep and the egypt sword. I asked about the sword...

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2022 4:05 pm

Yeee wrote:
@Tynami:  just scroll upwards at the other post with Henuttanep and the egypt sword. I asked about the sword...

That sword looks amazing, I think it would be perfect for her. Eyes are a little better today, but not quite back to where I need to be. Though this new phone has a bigger screen, so slow reading.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2022 10:41 pm

Time to start with a proper comment on the moment that started all this world building. Back to where my comments should have started ...

Antef - He has started your Valley of the Sun AU. FalconRider*. Glider. What-If child of Rayek and Leetah. His soft red mane and the pointed chin are telling. Daddy's eyes of course. He looks defensive - but not fond of it. Just as you've described him. Very detailed design - he even got a variant outfit. Your were in a hurry with his pants? They are missing some shading. I noticed that they are inspired by Mommy's skirt.
Pretty Strong birdy ... can a falcon look determined? This one does.

Seth - the boasting type. And his falcon matches this mood. Both are very self-confident for sure. I love his buish braids and the detailed jewelry! I really like to see the sketch of his headband.

Henet - I love to follow her development from the first sketch to dress fitting and more to come. Very Happy Girl got quite some temper and I can already see the sword in her hand.

I admire how much effort and recherce you put into your character pictures, Yeee.
The falcon mask will fit Ra-yek perfectly. I'm looking forward to see him Elfgypt style. Like

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptySat Jul 16, 2022 4:46 pm

I was thinking while i was camping...with the Wolfriders being more primal, could we finally have a cub between Tam and Twen?? Not recognition, it sounds like the Wilfriders are the new go-back...breeding without recognition.

I keep thinking of that scene where poor young Cutter walks away from Nightfall's den and telling Skywise she said Cutter was getting too close to her soulname

I wanna work on the Wolfelves...i say Scouter would totally try vying for chieftainship by mating with the chief's mate...so maybe offspring of Jial and Dehl?
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 4:43 am

Vaeri wrote:
I wanna work on the Wolfelves...i say Scouter would totally try vying for chieftainship by mating with the chief's mate...so maybe offspring of Jial and Dehl?
Not sure whether your offer implies a question to me, too. As far as I'm concerned take The Pack / Werewelfes I've sketched as inspiration for your Wolfelves, Varie. Twist and change them to make it fit your ideas. Smile In case you already have a complete Wolfelves tribe in mind - replace The Pack. It will be fine for me - just plot with Yeee about it.
As I've pointed out earlier - my ideas and suggestions are a buffet to pick from. I don't cling to them.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 12:03 pm

And i'm posing them more as a question/suggestion for Yeee for her approval.^^

Also i'm not entirely sure if Jial trying to mate with Dehl would result in offspring..yet anyway. Maybe Grenn interferred to protect his right to breed, maybe Dehl rejects the uppity cub, or maybe Jial is just too young at this point to know wtf he's doing...XD
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 12:23 pm

So many possibilities! A whole world of them ^^

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 6:40 pm

Hi folks, sorry that I haven`t posted in here yesterday and today. When I come home from a trip, I have a huge amount of work to do and no time for forums. Well, after 2 weeks off... (with lots of time to swim and draw) Smile

@Tynami: sorry to read abot your eyes having problems (same with me, so glad to have a tablet now so you can enlarge everything so nicely.)

Hi, I don't need the Wolfsrider, Vaeri you can have them, play with Embala on their cultural design and relationships.  I only claim a right of veto if I don't like the overall concept or the details, ... What a Face  
Embala, VaeriHave fun you two! Smile Just please do me the favor of not naming wolf elves by their soul names here, it's too difficult for me to figure out who is who...LOL scratch

@Embala: Thanx for your comments on my charactaers!
Wah-ankh-Antefs eyes are yellow but the shape of them is like Leetahs eyes.
"Your were in a hurry with his pants? They are missing some shading."
oh, I forgot it. thank you for bringing this to my attention.
"I noticed that they are inspired by Mommy's skirt. "
Yes, like  the skirt, like the pants (Like mother, like son).
And:Leetah's pointed-toe Arabic shoes somewhat resemble Egyptian sandals. It was crucial for me to put those sandals on him.

"Pretty Strong birdy ... can a falcon look determined? This one does."
oh, does he? Okay, then he is.

"The falcon mask will fit Ra-yek perfectly. I'm looking forward to see him Elfgypt style."
Yay! I guess most would rather think he should be Apophis. But I've always thought he had something of a desert hawk in him (more than a snake).

Amaunets story: ok!

"Halek volonteers. "
who was Halek? Or is this a new name / character you invented?

Last edited by Yeee on Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   1 - Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeee`s sketchbook
Page 35 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: