Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yeee`s sketchbook

Go down 
+13
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
Nibblet
Startear
jaRf
manga
Trollbabe
Embala
Sifra
Tynami
Prayer
Vaeri
Yeee
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 3:39 am

Halek was one of Dart's apprentices - hardly more than a name and a figure to pick, Yeee.
I've remembered him and thought he might come handy if you want to connect the still faceless "premium rider" to the Original Quest.

I can see a corresponding scene with Rayek instead of Dart ... Halek would have worked so hard to please Rayek!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 12:14 am

Ah yes, I remember this scene, but who of those three guys is Halek having his arm too stiff? I alway thought he is the one nearest to Dart. He looks cute, even only seen from behind (great hairdo What a Face ).
So he is the premium falcon guardian, who has to wait for the next breeding season to get his falcon mount , LOL.

"I can see a corresponding scene with Rayek instead of Dart ... Halek would have worked so hard to please Rayek!"
Yes, cool idea!

Amaunet starts her life in the original "Sorrows End", so she must have had a Sun Villager name before she became Amaunet. Lets have all of the original Sorrows End-elves change their name into elfgypt style ( because of the total upheaval of their existence).
I am playing with the new name for Rayek.
Momentarily my favorite is: Dja-Nut Ra (which is just 2 different ways to name the sun god , so it is Ra-Ra , but it sounds so cool!)

Maybe his boy no. 1 will get the Name : Sa Ra (Son of Ra). In the ancient kingdom, this name was placed in front of the pharaoh's birth name.
I think I name Rayeks first brat Sa-Ra-Sokar (Sokar was a god of the deads with the shape of a falcon too-so this fits to a falcon Guardian )

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 12:39 am

How about Aminah for Amaunet? I'm lazy, going for easy solutions - and there's "min" in the name. ^^

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 3:46 pm

"Ra-Ra" ... almost ^^

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 4:02 pm

Cute! Rawa! But after having 4 little children I learned, that the "R" and "K" are difficult to pronounce for them. So i thinke lil kids would say something like "Hayed"

Aminah is a beautiful name and sounds very much like one from Sorrows End. Like

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 11:20 pm

@Tynami:  Henuttanep`s mask and make up so far:
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Scree284
I need her eyecolor. should she have the collar with the bug-sun-falcon emblem?

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 12:36 am

@Yeee I love that mask! For eyes I'm halfway between brown and amber, maybe a mix? As for symbols, maybe an anhk with the candycane things that I can't remember the names of right now facing inward on the sides??

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 9:54 pm

@Tynami: ok
I just found this coloring book doodle stuff from little Lilypad and me...
Rayek magiced a little bit too much in the palace..and it became a playground for colorful plastic ponys.. Razz  Rolling Eyes  Rayek, you goof!
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Scan_237

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 10:13 pm

XD

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 2:43 am

You've asked for the Tidestrays, Yeee. Smile First - thank you for not simply skipping them. Second - you've inspired me to think about them again. I had more fun ... and now they have a differrent background and are alive. ^^  As I told earlier - they are an idea. A suggestion. At best some morsels on the buffett.

Definitely no Sea Raider cousins ... maybe connected to them nevertheless. ^^ In a way they are like the Wolfriders - at least cast and character traits. Hunters and gatheresrs, both at sea and on land. Their habitat is the coastline and the costal waters. Most of the year they live on their boats or in temporary stilt houses. During storm season they dwell at Sea-Land, a hidden place at land with a beach, underwater caves and a direct connection to the sea.connection. (google "Playa de Gulpiyuri" to learn more)

Long ago the Tidestrays have bonded with dolfin-like Wavedancers - just friendship and hunting companions. No blood-connection! Kids and younsters use to ride the Wavedancers; adults occationally get "jet transport". All Tidestrays are persistant swimmers and great apnea divers - kids learn fast.

They get along well with their human neighbour tribes. Mutual respect and occational trade. There are stories of support during hunt on huge prey or in case of danger. Individual friendships happen but it's rare.

About 500 years ago the Wavedancers brought two strange toddlers to the tribe. The boy and girl were clearly elfin but with cetacean tails and fins (no Wavedancer kin!) and gills. The tribe raised the underwater breathers, mated and bred with them. Therefor some of them are animal-blooded and mortal by now. They need the help of healers to switch from tail to legs and back - and it's not easy.

The tribe has several healers/coralshapers (more like Rain than Leetah) and usually at least one plantshaper, watershaper and rockshaper. Chieftess Stormbird has seen less than three eights by now. She took over after her parents got lost in a seviere storm at the age of 15 - since this time she relies an a council of Elders.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 11:27 am

You might like this, Yeee. (in case you havn't found it already)

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 7:40 pm

YES, I like this very much! What a Face I love you Though Satreekas hand is drawn very strange. But Hey! A picture of Kid Satreeka drawn by Wendy YES! Great AND with a colour guide (80% opacity for the clothes) So cool, when I draw her I have real good references here. Also the remark, that she has golden-brown eyes with golden spots inside I love you I love you I love you Thes are details I love!

And no, I looked for this picture and didn`t found it. There was mentioned a second page to view, where can I found this?

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 8:43 pm

Glad you enjoy it! sunny It's from Stargazer's Hunt Vol.1 (das Taschenbuch) - it has several bonus pages. If the Link works for you just scroll to the end, Yeee.
This might be the mentioned page - all about Sculpers.

by Sonny:
Portrait roundabouts
WOOF
Fun stuff (not new but according to RP it works still this way ^^)

Just in case the general linke above does not work for you I'll link more if you wish.

Last edited by Embala on Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 11:09 pm

@Embala: thank you very much for the cute Satreeka picture!

Tidestrays: Sorry that I have not answered. I was so busy and for the answer I needed time to think about it .

First some inspiring music for the right mood:
I don`t know if I had posted this here before. This is a nice little background music for a peaceful underwater realm (finding Nemo ...)

and it suits dolphin lover merelves  Fishy  Play that while you're thinking about these Mers, then you can come up with good ideas (design and stories and whatnot) What a Face

"In a way they are like the Wolfriders - at least cast and character traits. Hunters and gatheresrs, both at sea and on land. Their habitat is the coastline and the costal waters. Most of the year they live on their boats or in temporary stilt houses. During storm season they dwell at Sea-Land, a hidden place at land with a beach, underwater caves and a direct connection to the sea.connection. (google "Playa de Gulpiyuri" to learn more)"

I love  stilt houses! You know that , right? There are stilt houses at my most beloved place at the northern sea. This is my favourite one:
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Pfahlb10
so, stilt houses: cool idea!
So the beautiful tiny beach is Playa de Gulpiyuri? Nice! This idea is very cool! You had an extraordinary idea for sea elves which are more land bound than Sea Raiders. (Although I believe they would use such an underwater connection to land as well. Just to spy on people on land.)  I love this too!  Very Happy

...They live in peace with their human neighbors. Okay, ...(klingt ja nach Friede Freude Eierkuchen) lots of harmony and so on...well, there can be a lot of stress between the individuals in detail. Will there still be enough potential for stories. (And you can then write these   Laughing ! At last you have the inspiring music delivered here.)

"About 500 years ago the Wavedancers brought two strange toddlers to the tribe. The boy and girl were clearly elfin but with cetacean tails and fins (no Wavedancer kin!) and gills. The tribe raised the underwater breathers, mated and bred with them. Therefor some of them are animal-blooded and mortal by now. "
From where did they get these tails? Where they shaped that way by magic or is this their animal heritage which shaped them? Or both like... (...The Sea Raiders-Their ancestors had cetacean blood, but their fish-like tails were formed from a strange false grown structure with a tail fin - so it was sort of cosmetic surgery on a disfigured half-elf -nearly the same with the gills- an elf with a blow hole on the forehead would not function that well. The Tidestrays force me to reveal some Sea Raider background stuff-and why should I withhold this any longer Smile So there was bloodmixing and magically repairing and altering)

" They need the help of healers to switch from tail to legs and back - and it's not easy."
No, I do not like this. Let them be all have a natural magical ability to switch between the tails/legs (like SeaRaiders) . Then they are independend from healers in risky situations, when the shapechange has to be happen quickly. Than they all can be whale-fishies Fishy and dolphin-Riders at choice whenever they want.

"The tribe has several healers/coralshapers (more like Rain than Leetah) and usually at least one plantshaper, watershaper and rockshaper."
okay

Chieftess Stormbird -ah yes, I see you already have one Tidestray character ...well, go on

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 12:13 am

The general link worked , thanx a lot for this. I have not the first volume as Paperback but as seperate issues.

... the mermaid scene maker let all elves look gorgeous-even with a dolphin tail. Have a first try on the design with this maker. This came out when I thought of a chieftess Stormbird, like Wolfriders and linked somehow to the grey -white wavedancers: brown leather clothes, no unnecessary accessories, no frills, everything plain. All colors of skin, hair, eyes-even lips vary only between white and grey like the dolphins.
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Tidest10
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Tidest11

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 1:39 am

Neat Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 1f42c ... I definitely see one of the "Fin-Kin" - maybe Deepdive, the orphan girl. Grey skin - definitely. Hair - include ALL shades of grey to black and white ... and it might work. Or the Fin-Kin will have no hair at all. ^^ Grey-black eyes  - too much monochrome sounds monotone. Eyes that hardly show white - like the dolfins - would be interesting. But with a hunch of color in very dark hues - dark blue, dark green. They are still elfkin, too!
"Brown leather clothes, no unnecessary accessories" - (fish)leather, practical, scarcely adorned duds ... most likely. Not all of it in brown, tho. They learned to dress from their landbound adoptive family and like a similar color scheme. Necklace or armbands made of beachfinds are likely, too.

The "Fin-Kin" are a minority in the tribe. Some of the few offsprings are landbound (= born with legs). You want the Fin-Kin being selfshapers? Okay. Those born with mertail develope selfshaping ablities after about 3 turns of the seasons. The original Tidestrays are legs only ... but great swimmers and divers compared to Humans and other land bound elves.

Nothing is known about the "Fin-Kin" - neither by their Tidestray family nor by the two orphans themselves. The healers noticed that there's a strong trace of Abodian heritage but are unable to identify the source. It's not even sure they are mortal - 500 years are too short to die of old age or show traits of age related issues.

Chieftess Stormbird has white hair, the sun-tanned skin of an average Tidestray ... and is landbound. No mixed-blood child.
Actually I have a set of characters who would be enough for two elf tribes - poorly flesched out by now.
The way I see it the Tidestrays rely on recognition. I play with the idea that twins are rather the rule than the exception so they won't grow up alone if births are rare. Fin-Kin usually have single kids.

Was Friede, Freude, Eierkuchen betrifft: Mostly peaceful  co-existence. They have their own fishing and hunting places and try to keep away from each other. Mutual help only in case of great danger that threatens both tribes or occationally in particular cases. Individual friendships can happen - as well as personal animosity or general mistrust. And - that's only the rule for the native neighbour tribes!

I imagine Sea-Land 3-4 times bigger than Playa de Gulpiyuri ... and with a huge cave in the rocks between the inland beach and the open sea.

Last edited by Embala on Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 11:10 pm

Yo hey, I`m back after drawing some art stuff. I had to manage my entry for the Elfquest Fanart calendar. And since I'm new to tablet drawing, I made a mistake with the presets, which meant I had to draw all the lines a second time. Crying or Very sad
Mad  AAAAAAAAAARGH! :faceplant:  I cannot bear seeing the image anymore...

finally I was able to get Henuttanebs image ready. The new items:
-gold brown eyes
- the scythe sword (the base was so cool , I copied all of it )
-blue stripes on the skirt-thing.
-an ankh on the collar, I don`t think, that it would look good together with the candycane thingie.
@Tynami: check, if you like it this way or if you still want the candycane thingie added.
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Henutt10
I do not like the mask, somehow the cloth doesn't look so good, or it doesn't really go with Henut.
Luckily she only wears that thing on special occasions...or in battle
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Henutt11

In between, I still had a great desire to put a Hawkbrother elf from an old comic picture into a tablet picture and rework on him.
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Firesp10

That`s all for tonight from me...

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 12:52 am

Hawkbrother guy looks amazing, Yeee - and creepy.
And he makes me think of this World of Danen "headhunter" tribe. You know which tribe I mean, Kat.

I love how Henuttaneb turned out! Like

Good luck for your calendar entry, Yeee! *crossing fingers and toes*

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 9:40 am

Thanx, Em, the calendar image is ready and is accepted. It was just so much annoying and so time consuming.

this World of Danen "headhunter" tribe I do not know.
The Hawkbrother elves are a mix of Elfquest and Mercedes Lackeys Hawkbrothers , some human mage-tribes who live secretly hidden and who "heal" the land from dark magic Remnants of a wizard war.

Tidestrays:
So the gal is Deepdive, ok, with gray-white-black hair.

" Eyes that hardly show white - like the dolfins - would be interesting. But with a hunch of color in very dark hues - dark blue, dark green."
yes cool, animal like eyes.

"(fish)leather, practical, scarcely adorned duds ... most likely. Not all of tehm in brown, so. They learned to dress from their landbound adoptive family and like a similar coror scheme. Neclace ore armbands made of beachfinds are likely, tho. "
ok

"Nothing is known about the "Fin-Kin" - neither by their Tidestray family nor by the two orphans themselves. The healers notices that there's a strong trace of Abodian heritage but are unable to identify the source. It's not even sure they are mortal - 500 years are to short to die of old age or show traits of age related issues."
ok, you want them to be a mistery, why not.

"the way I see it the Tidestrays rely on recognition. I play with the idea that twins are rather the rule than the exceptionb so they won't grow up alone if births are rare.. Fin-Kin usually have single kids."
ok

"I Imagine Sea-Land 3-4 times bigger than Playa de Gulpiyuri ... and with a huge cave in the rocks between the inland beach and the open sea."
yes, cool

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 11:18 am

World of Danen is a fan made roleplaying holt, Yeee. Or was ... I don't know wether ElrTanner has re-opend it at some point. I'm only familiar with some character designs and tribe basics.

My spelling in this longish Fin-Kin comment was horrible Rolling Eyes ... really sholuldn't post with half my brain being asleep.

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 4:44 pm

Henuttanebs  turned out amazing! I love how she turned out so much! Also glad her 'sword' turned out perfectly!

Hawkbrother has an interesting look, will be fun to see more of him Smile

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 9:15 pm

Thanx you two! Very Happy
@Embala: okay, I still do not know who ElrTanner (Elftanner?) is, but it seems to be interesting (hm...headhunter elves?! cool!). Well, my role-playing days are over. Drawing and role play do not go together in terms of time.

Lets go Horselaaaand, YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAAAY! Razz Laughing Now it's my little daughter's turn, whom I provide with horsey pictures. First it is my Akhal Teke Horse OC Altyn in Horseland style. She loves that TV-series.
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Akhalt10
Maybe I work on her design again.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 10:48 pm

My little daughters horseland mare.
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Malouu11
I would like the name Marron (french: Chestnut) for her.
this was the maker base
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Malouf10

Last edited by Yeee on Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 9:56 pm

And Moonlights big emo stallion with lil kid.
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Malouu10

and the maker base
Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Lunasp10

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 10:09 pm

Found a cool landscape from the series and put my Altyn in alternate version in it.
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20278660/927]Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Altyn_10[/ur

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeee`s sketchbook   Yeee`s sketchbook - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeee`s sketchbook
Page 36 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: