Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe

Go down 
+3
Yeee
Vaeri
Embala
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 6:00 pm

i wanted to try on Soaron with folded wings, this is only possible if the arms get the same colour as the wings. Now Soaron looks a little bit more animal-like, less elf-like, but ok for me too.
Yes the wings look too small, but these are the big folded wings.
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen32
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen33
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen34
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen36
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen37
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 6:55 pm

Tried another pose and the other big wings and I like what came out:
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen40
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen41
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen10
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen42
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen43
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 2:20 pm

The two new wings look amazing. The little wings are a little funny, but I still love them! He just added a TON of stuff to the maker, so happy!!

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 7:14 pm

today Moonlights Harpy-elf Littlemoon got colour ...
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Harpyl12
...and flew on a shirt via iron on-transfer foil for dark fabrics (availlable in Germany in the "Action"-store). On the foil I was able to draw the rest of the harpy, but I wonder if that drawing will survive the first time in the washing machine.
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Img_0110

...and here is the shirt, it was white and Moonlight made it mainly purple.
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Img_0111

there is need of a prey that this fierce little harpy elf can catch, lol!
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 6:50 pm

@Embala: second try of your HarpyElf Ravenwing. Now with the design of the "witch-doctor"-maker with glowing eyes (Harpy-Halloween-style! Laughing ), the pic is a little bit small, maybe I must try of a larger sight of the face with that cool witch-doctor tattoo on it.
However i hope the face tattoo is visible enough. I need the colours of your birdy: does she really have those Embala-like blue hair, or is it blueblack?
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Harpyr12

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 6:54 pm

Crazy Halloween! affraid Zoaree it is!!!

... and Moonlight is a Halloween cutie - with CLAWS pale

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 10:08 pm

Looks like ya'll posted at the same time! hehe

I LOVE that new sketch! Amazing pose, I love how it also shows off the tail.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 12:29 am

Not Embala-blue. Embala = imagine a very light, silver-blonde and then change it to blue. (Same for Merbala with a turquise hue.)

Not Yeee's black-blue either.

Ravenwing is a true blue with a "greyish" hue. The initial design and the Harpy one show best:

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Ravenw10

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Ravenw14 Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Ravenw16 ... depending on how the light reflects in her tresses.

Pale skin like her parents. Bluegrey eyes. Wings are shiny black with blue highligts - raven wings.
Outfit color covers a range from the original bluegrey silk dress to more bluish or more greyish hues (depending on maker options ^^ and my whim), spiced with some black accessories. Usually more or less tattered. She loves the layered design of the Witch Doctor with different hues of blue and leather tans! ^^

Thanks for reminding me of her "elfin name" Zoaree! It rings wild and free - fitting the Harpy tribe. Very Happy

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:42 am

You have questions about our Harpies, Yeee? It's simple: Everything can be. Wink

My harpy Ravenwing was born out of a whim - sparked by a "failed" Embala try and the find of a harpy maker.
You gave the Harpy Elves true life by adopting the idea Like and creating the first tribemates and families - and your daughters were infected, too. ^^
Kat added to the variance I love you and anyone else is welcome to do so, too.

The Harpies can live in many fan worlds - exclusive ones and shared ones.

Yeee wrote:
Weißt du, ich finde , dass die Harpyien und die Sea Raider nicht so gut zusammenpassen. das könnte auch in 2 verschiedenen Welten stattfinden.

Harpies and SeaRaiders in one world - fine for me. They can meet - or need not even know of each other.
You don't feel like the Harpies will fit well with the SeaRaiders? No problem - let's create another world for them!

Quote :
Die location eurer Harpyien dürften wohl dann die Eisberge gewesen sein, soweit ich mich erinnere.
As we agreed that our Harpies have my Ravenwing as "Mother of all" they start out this way:
Ravenwing's creation by Haken and Winnowill is described here.
Her escape (in elfin shape) led her to the Icy Mountains where she discovered the wild form (about human sized) of the giant birds.
Mating with wild birds and Ekuar's Mountain Tribe alike (using her shapechanging powers) her offsprings finally found a genetical balance in Harpy form.
The tribe probably left the Icy Mountains at some point and roamed the WoTMs. Where they temporarily or finally ended up is open for discussion. Another mountain range? An island at the end of the world? ^^ Pittoresque cliffs at a hostile coast line? Another continent like Hearthstone?

Feel FREE to create and add to this world, Yeee. Very Happy

Last edited by Embala on Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 4:54 pm

Oh wow, so much answer! ok, now i have material to work with.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 6:23 pm

Quote :
Du hast die Harpyien ja eigendlich mit jemand anderem erfunden. Eventuell könnten meine Harpyien ja auch dort hineinpassen und mitfliegen? Zu welcher Zeit findet eure Story (oder Ideensammlung) denn statt? Können sie die Elfen aus den Comics treffen?
I've created the Harpy Elves with no one else but YOU!

I've mentioned to add them to the Palace Mountain AU I share with Beryl, tho.
Palace Mountain is an alternative universe I've created to continue an alternate elf story Beryl started some years ago.
Your Harpies would be welcome, Yeee. Smile You should know that Palace Mountain is very different from original EQ - similar basics but the developement followed a totally different thread of colors. Not sure whether you would be happy without the possibility to interact with canon EQ characters - non of them exist in Palace Mountain.

A crash course about Palace Mountain:

Forest Dwellers - living in the forests like the Wolfriders but no Wolfblood and no bond beasts envolved. Mainly hunters and gatherers. Magical skills are variant but rare. They might be what Savah's Forest Dwellers would have developed into if the tribe had survived. Created by Beryl.
Desert Elves - living in the desert pretty much like the Sunfolk. Mainly planters and gatherers. Their hunters are Jackwolf riders. Magical skills are rare. Created by Beryl.
Gliders - dwelling in Palace Mountain. It's a good place full of life and magic, days mainly filled with art and studies. They learned to avoid stagnation. The Guides, a special caste of hunters, explorers and protectors are riding giant birds.
Homecomers - the former Snow Elves (Go-Back lke tribe) moved back into the Palace. Our Big Baddie, a former Glider, resides there. The place has lost its magic. Birth has stopped by now. Life stagnates. The majority of the inhabitants slowly dwindles physically and mentally. In their final state they are called Shadows. Chosen ones, the Order, stand true to the evil leader. Within and outside of the Palace live Rebels. The small group outside revived the "Go-Back" lifestyle.

Forest Dwellers, Desert Elves, Gliders and Homecomers are connected bei the ongoing storyline we came up with.
There are (badly neglected) Trolls around. And probably totally neglected Humans.

Sea Elves - an early splinter group from the Palace Mountain Gliders. Still strong magic. Humans as enemies. They know at least that there are other Elves around.

Ophar's Children - isolated group, neither ancient nor current connections with other tribes known. The "lost city in African jungle" trope. The place is haunted by dark magic - maybe a huge pool of magic growing foul. The inhabitants split into the Gentry (usually with strong magic) und the Commoners (seemingly without magic). They have at least 3 Preservers.

Greengrowers - Elves who have connected with the flora of the planet. Getting along well with the resident Humans who consider them being helpful nature spirits. They usually live alone or in couples at "sacred places". Nevertheless they are permanently connected with each other by using the roots and mycellum web. Definitely Preservers around.

Harpy Elves - possibly another early splinter tribe of the Gliders. They have a blood connection with the Giant Birds of the Gliders. Not the nicest breed. XD

Last not least there are the Moondreamers. Usually loners, often survivors from ancient times. This way Cat Elves or Reptile Elves and such are possible.

The Firstcomers are mainly mythological figures for the Elves. Part of them still exist as Environmentals.

Palace Mountain is a sleeping world - It's long ago that Beryl and me had time and muse to develop it.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 6:57 pm

Here she is in colour, You may transform her eyes into that scary bright blue eye-shining like in the witch-doctor maker picture of Ravenwing. My pens doesn`t make that effect.

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Harpyr13

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 8:36 pm

" Not sure whether you would be happy without the possibility to interact with canon EQ characters - non of them exist in Palace Mountain."
Awwww, no that is very sad. I can live without many characters but some are important to every Elfquest-related thread my crazy mind weaves. Next to the obviously Blackhair, there are some more, which hangs always as a vibe in the alternative Elfquest universes like Cutter and some more. so, Palace mountain does not fit for me.

"You gave the Harpy Elves true life by adopting the idea Like and creating the first tribemates and families - and your daughters were infected, too. ^^
Kat added to the variance I love you and anyone else is welcome to do so, too."
Yup, some guys here with wings now. Vaeri made one too.

"You don't feel like the Harpies will fit well with the SeaRaiders? No problem - let's create another world for them!"
Yes, i had that idea of messing up the "Siege of blue mountain".story . this pic here is one scene of it.
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Octobe13

Concerning Ravenwing:
"Mating with wild birds and Ekuar's Mountain Tribe alike"
That sounds very interesting, what will Ekuar say to that? Oha, what if Aneret is related to him??? bom
Hah, we have a fine new story start , but there would be need of someone to write. i can only draw scenes or short sequences. It all takes so long to draw and there are other elves, which want my attention (Yeee winks with her trident).

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 9:47 pm

So many dollz and drawings to catch up! Surprised The most important first ... from my point of view ^^

My Ravenwing! pale Creepy Crazy Halloween Harpy!
The original drawing was already maximum creepy, Yeee. The overlong skinny legs and giant claws were actually a surprise - unfamiliar but so very true for a Harpy. *bows* Her pose - for me it's a fascinating mix of desperation and readiness to fight. The tattoos/warpaint turned out just right, Yeee. It adds to the creepyness without destrying her elfin features. Giant crazy eyes ... almost blind looking - together with the tattoos they give her a zombie vibe! Halloween bird! affraid

The funny-creepy frame is so typical for your art, Yeee. Thank you for the awesome gift! *bows*

And now she is colored. Gives her a slightly different vibe because there are more defined details and other parts stick out. In example her hands - pale claws just elfin enough to enhance the creepyness. I love that Ravenwing's arms are completely integrated in the wings. This design fits my shapechanger well. Hair and wings turned out perfect, Yeee. And I can see a beginning glow in her eyes - right before they blaze up. No "zombie" anymore but a vengeful winged spirit. The dress lookes tattered and worn out . I like how you've adepted the Witch Doctor leggins for the Harpy limbs. And you've added the bone anklet. Smile the pretty feather earrings and the bird skulls complete her look nicely.

She's fantastic, Yeee! Very Happy Or should I say creeptastic? ^^ Thank you for the awesome gift, Yeee. *bows*

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 11:06 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new images!!!

Reading everyones comments got me thinking of a storyline... a mountain, like blue mountain, but it's another mountain range, this set has harpies, the taller range on the other side of the valley would be where the dragonriders will be hiding. They're so savage because they're always defending their lives from the only other elves they know (mostly their pets). Can see them attacking humans too or using illusions to make them look human, like a siren thing. Charm then kill.

Just some ideas...

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 8:42 pm

Yay! Thanx Em and Kat!
That was a pleasure for me, Embala. So you like the tattoo, then i may try to colour the first picture i made of Ravenwing with that tattoo too.
I would so like to have the tattoos being a symbol of adulthood in the tribe/flock. Very Happy  
And also that they have an animal skull as ritual-"hat" , can be decorated with painting, feathers etc. or not.

" Her pose - for me it's a fascinating mix of desperation and readiness to fight."
wow, what you all see in that, I just thought of a "natural" pose of an elf-bird mix- being. first I had a scene  in mind, when she speaks with other elders around her, then she realizes one of my Harpies flying towards her and is simply turning to that approaching harpy. But as always I reduce the picture to just one character, too lazy to draw more.

"I love that Ravenwing's arms are completely integrated in the wings"
me too, it looks better when the arms are really wings, not arms with feathers. I always had the problem that it was difficult to look believeable as wings.

" The dress lookes tattered and worn out . "
That was my plan , an ancient "bird" has falling apart rags - und keinen Sinn mehr für diese überflüssigen äußerlichkeiten wie kleidung, genauso wie Timmain. Her clan will see to it with great love and respect for her, that her rags will be replaced with fresher fabrics and leathers.

@Katcombs:
I like to keep this alternate Universe  being more based on the original Elfquest story. I see no dragons or unicorns in there. The Harpy -elves are weird enough to hardly fit into the canon story. But with the Timmain-mates -with-an-animal-and-has -fertile-offsprings example, the interspecies mix can be justified.

"They're so savage because they're always defending their lives from the only other elves they know (mostly their pets)."
I don`t understand fully , they (Harpies?) fight against other elves? If so, yes, that is a cool idea. Embala wrote once, that the nearby elves ( now the descendants of Ekuars former tribe) are pissed of the Harpies.

"Can see them attacking humans too or using illusions to make them look human, like a siren thing. Charm then kill.
"
the Harpies? if yes, great!  Like

Had to write so much tonight, no time for harpy drawing, so here is Halloween- Soaron flying by again.   I love you
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen47
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen49
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen50
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen51
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen52
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen53

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 7:39 pm

Todays harpy Ravenwing.
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Harpyr17

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 8:36 pm

today`s Harpy is Soaron again, even if he starts to bore everyone here, lol. I like to have a sample of his pics here for drawing references.
had no time to draw today but was cooking Halloween pumpkin marmelade. Smile
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen54Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen55
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen12
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen56
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen57 Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen58

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 5:46 pm

Harpy Halloween! here is my last years halloween picture, now with outlines.
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Harpyh14

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 7:41 pm

and finished version
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Harpyh15

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 9:05 pm

this too
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Harpyh17

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 5:31 pm

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Captur23
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Captur24

I found some harpy poses over on Facebook and tried my gal. I changed her to this top since the others all had arm cuffs, doesn't work with her wings. The first one has a nod to Kat Very Happy

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 5:37 pm

yay! awesome ! Very Happy

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 7:45 pm

A try of Aneret. It is easier to use cut -off -arms, but then there are no fingers on the wings.
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen10
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen11
Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Screen12

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 8:30 pm

Wonderfully done!

The new update is not loading for me at the moment... maybe when I reboot the computer I'll be able to see the necklaces.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next