Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe

Go down 
+3
Yeee
Vaeri
Embala
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 4:52 pm

Tattoos on both eyes , no shredded eye, and chest scar is cool!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 7:09 pm

As promised, here is an  old picture of my earlier harpys. Not quite elf but nearly, chuckles.

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Vulcan10

Hey Embala, you wrote that Ravenwing is the mother of all harpies and that she has her kids mainly with eagles. And that in some eagles Haken's blood flows, because when he was an eagle , he hatched with eagle females.

Now I have a concept for the father of the 3: It is the last direct eagle son of Haken. He is several hundreds of years old and already very decrepit. The 3 were his last brood.
Thus, the 3 are rather elves than eagles, and they therefore also  look  quite similar like Haken and Winnowill, because they are as grandchildren genetically not so far away.
The nest siblings are still very young, not older than 30. I would rather start with young OCs, then more development is in it.
Shaher earned the nickname Windspeed. He is a fast-flying champion.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 6:50 pm

Yay, I think I may have Sherahs design, well maybe preliminary.  Maybe I shave her legs, grin.  And always checking on every drawing, that the claws hang exactly over her nipples can turn out ridiculous when she hangs head first on a precipice.

My first try on a near Winnowill face, but a tiny bit of Haken is in it too, chuckle.

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Sherah13

Last edited by Yeee on Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 7:09 pm

Vulcan Harpies are a treat! It's surprisingly easy to see them as bird humanoids
... or more likely: imagine a rip-off like the Romulans from archaic times. ^^

WOW for Sherah! Shocked Amazing design. Being caught in the moment of landing ... there's true movement in it. I like the leg feathers - they enhance the nakedness give her an archaic vibe. Give her even more feathers - snow owls have really fluffy boots. ^^

Well, Ravenwing is not literally the mother of ALL the Harpy Elves - her children breed with birds and pureblooded elves and among themselves of course. Keep the background story for your nest siblings. You want Rayek blood for them, Yeee - you get it!

Will be back after an elongated weekend.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 7:27 pm

"imagine a rip-off like the Romulans from archaic times. ^^" Yes , you are right, they were meant to be exactly that, grin.

Thank you so much, Embala and a very happy weekend for you. The feet will be turned in full feathers or become pure naked, I must see.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 8:50 pm

definitely loving that last sketch!! looking so lovely with all the dynamic motion in the picture.^^
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 9:57 am

thank you, Vaeri  Very Happy

So, there are more elves near the harpy elves, who are pure blooded elves?
Cool! Maybe 2 different tribes living near each other, with all that stuff what happens between 2 different societys/ groups/ countries (love and hate ....)?

next step of background story: the siblings are the kids of Ravenwing, so hi there mommy, (waving hand )!
The 3 gain kind of nicknames / tribenames or something like that:
Haresh , the eldest, loudest and wildest: Cutgut
Shaher, 21 days younger (2. hatched egg) the fastest: Windspeed
Sherah, 24 days younger (3. hatched egg) the most chaotic : Littleclaw (so, I have an OC for my signature name again, lol)

hey , here is fine music for rituals concerning the lifecircle : Solringen (Suncircle or Sunring).

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 4:45 pm

Yay! You want to built a harpy elf? Try it with drawing. Here, have a male Template for drawing, This is the more stocky, muscular type. Since the harpy elves are only a few generations away from the high ones, they can grow tall like Winnowill. And since they are related to eagles, they can also have strong muscles. That's why one can use the "Fantasy Model" templates and just add and reduce some body mass here and there.
I have another "Fantasy Model" male sheet, I may try a thin version of that guy.   lol!

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Harpye12

Just print out, put the sheet on a glass pane table, put a light under it and copy, add some hair and change the lineaments as you like, if you like.

And here is the skinny type, fitting for a more falcon than eagle harpy type like Shaher.

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Harpye10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 4:14 pm

These templates are fantastic, Yeee! Feet and claws and feet turned aut fantastic. Absolutely beleavable. Very Happy
I'll probably never tra to use the templates ... but can you do the female ones, too?

I love your tribenames, Yeee Like
Already thought of of something like this ... so it is:
- Haresh / Cutgut
- Shaher / Windspeed
- Sherah / Littleclaw - it's awesome you've used your signature name!
and
- Zoaree / Ravenwing

Not sure about the pureblooded tribe ... havn't thought as far yet.
Maybe they are gliders or d Glider rip-off living nearby ... or the Harpies steal/kidnap their breeding partners (stimulated by a sort of recognition).
(Uhmmm... wingthing would hate my ideas)

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 6:46 pm

Thank you Embala! Yes, I know. a female template is still missing. I`ll do it. Sadly I cannot scan any drawing until sunday because I `m in vacation.
And give it a try with those templates, who than you, Vaeri and I is interested in those harpys here? I will not criticise when lines are not perfect, ok? I promise! Maybe I can be of some help to you, fat grin.

Zoaree, cool! sounds like "soar"ee , oh wow, there could be a so very cool male name: Soaron! (go on flying!) Whoa , love it! (greed!)

I understood it that way, that you share your harpyworld with Beryl, does Wingthing work on that harpystory too??? (be confused)

Maybe the harpys live somewhere else than near blue mountain? Would not an abused and captured child flee the place of it`s childhood, so that the mother cannot have access to it anymore let alone that she does not know if the "wretched child" still lives?
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 9:25 pm

It's loooong ago that I've tried a "handmade" doll on a free template. And it seemed like ages to manage it. It's unlikely that I'll try your templates in foreseeable time - no matter how tempting it might be. I'll do my best to finish what we've started, Yeee: making as-close-as-possible versions of your nestlings on the Harpy maker. Very Happy
Looking forward to see the female template somewhan soon, Yeee. I love how you've modified Wendy Pini's "generic elf" templates!

*chuckles* Yes, I had "soar" in mind when I've made up Ravenwing's "true" - a mix of "soaring" and a Glider name. ^^ Love Soaron - make him! He can be a much older brother of the nestlings ... one of the first. Or whatever you envision for him/her.
Reminds me - your white-feathered girl still needs to be named, Vaeri.

Sorry for the AU confusions, Yeee. Let's sort it out. Yes, I share an alternate universe with Beryl. No, wingthing has nothing to do with it.

The only reason why I brought up wingthing was the initial thought that my "kidnapping a *recognized* mate" idea is probably the last thing she would accept in her "Swift-verse". I guess her AU lingers at the edge of my mind because an alternate version of Vaeri is part of it.

"Palace Mountain", the little mind game Beryl and I share, is not a harpyworld. I have a plan to add the "High Soarers", a harpy type elf, to this AU just because I think it's fun to have winged elves. They might replace the Wolfriders who are -so far - not existant in this world. And the High Soarers will not be the same than the Harpies we've built, Yeee - starting with the fact that neither Haken nor Winnowill exist in Palace Mountain. They might be connected to the Palace Mountain Gliders via a link from far past, tho.

You are right - Ravenwing will most probably flee Blue Mountain and Winnowill's influence as far as possible. I've stated earlier that Ravenwing fled to the Icy Mountains. She could have found a Giant Bird population there? And the pureblooded elves they occationally mate with can be Mountain Elves, similar to Ekuar's birth tribe?

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 2:04 am

ooooh, i love these templates! let me just save these to my bases folder just in case i need them....XD perhaps i'll draw some using them. can't wait to see the females!

and you are correct, Embala! need to name my starry birdgirl. i have some possibilities but i could use opinions if you guys don't mind!^^ i used this old pdf from my friend...i think it's the old Elfquest Language project that used to be alive on the Scroll so many years ago. so they have meanings as well!

Omielree- Half Star Bird

Hakel- Passion Star

Neerah- Silver Hair

Omiree- Half Bird

Neenorah- Silver of Hair

kinda was thinking perhaps Nighteyes for her tribename/nickname thing...or Starhair?
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 4:13 am

Wow Surprised ... Jeremy's (Jik Tal) old language files! Very Happy

I'm partial towards the "Nee"-names, Vaeri - I like how they ring. And I add Starmist to the nicknames suggestions just because her hair immediately reminded me of tatters of fog.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 6:28 am

@Vaeri: Yay, thanx! Do it! Use the templates and share your pics please, I`d love to see what you make out of it, heh heh.
Hey, your chosen Names are interesting, they have all the word- ore tribename in it. If you want to take Nighteyes or Starhair as tribename , you can find a new sound(?)-name or use the elf-language words from your list.
For Starhair it would be: Elrah, right?
You ask for my opinion? ok, your harpy has silver hairs, Neenah fits and I like Neenorah. I find Hakel funny, as it is a reference to Haken, Laughing .

@Embala: Oh my, you still work on my harpy siblings? Maybe you can simplify them a little bit. I didn`t want to make you trouble with their design Shocked

Thanx , but my templates are not made totally like Wendys templates (ok, they are a as reference to Wendys pics) , I just took those from the childrens- "Fantasy model" design colouring books and reshaped them, lol! maybe i will start with the female template today.

I have no idea for a Soaron yet. But maybe there come some ideas soon, lets see.

You wrote:"They might be connected to the Palace Mountain Gliders via a link from far past, tho." Do you mean our harpys?
You have a location for the harpys on icy mountains, that sounds very cold. Our harpys are a little bit too naked for living in such a cold surrounding, or are they able to withstand the cold (not freezing?) like the Sea Raiders (yes, concerning Embalas musing about them: who have a kind of cetacean-blood inside them that make them resistant against the icy-cold sea).

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 7:57 am

Yeee wrote:
Thanx , but my templates are not made totally like Wendys templates (ok, they are a as reference to Wendys pics) , I just took those from the childrens- "Fantasy model" design colouring books and reshaped them, lol!
Oh WOW Shocked *bows* ... draw EQ, please? I'll buy it any time!

Actually I havn't started to work on the your Harpy dolls so far. Everything til now was "defining the look". Wink I'll simplyfy where it is unavoidable. Trouble with dollz and fun with dollz are Siamese twins. ^^

"Palace Mountain" is an alternate universe ... which will get harpy elves, too. The High Soarers will not necessarily correspond in every aspect with the harpies we develop together.

btw: What is our Harpy tribe called, Yeee?
I see them at or near the Icy Mountains now. About the "clothing problem" I tend to a mix of "withstanding the cold", valleys with friendlier temperatures and seasons and different summer/winter duds. ^^

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 11:39 am

Lol i was thinking the same Embala! I'd buy EQ templates off Yeee any day! My friend drew some really great ones that really boosted my stash but you can never have enough bases!!*shakes something*

I appreciate the opinions guys! As for your suggestions Yeee, i kinda liked how it seemed they had an elf name then a tribename..so i didn't want them too similar. Hak means passion according to the files lol. Fits right?

I actually like all of them except Hakel. It's tough to choose..probably Omielree is too long so i should axe that one too.

Also left you something in your sketchbook thread Yeee^^
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 6:11 pm

I would actually have my new female template now to share, but unfortunately can not, because I have no scanner on vacation. And I love to share, you don`t need to buy anything, the Pinis wouldn `t like it anyway if I would sell anything with elfquest related elves on it anyway, lol!
Just please use the templates and share and invite friends to make harpy-elves here! What about Beryl?  Maybe she likes to have a harpy elf in this whatsoever-alternate-univerself-timeline too?

How do we call our harpy-tribe?
I like: Harpy- tribe, grin!  the Harpys! (no joke, the word sounds cool, someone new to hear about them cannot guess what is behind that name, that would work great) ,
Birbs! (ok, thats too cute, thats the name of the alternate alternatesharpys with the pilot caps, lol)

Embala wrote: "different summer/winter duds. "
oh my, then we need 3 different dressing up-styles for Summer, winter and in-between like in myold german Elfquest fan roleplaying game forum!

Hey Vaeri, I would like to see some elfquest templates from your friend, now I`m curious.

Last edited by Yeee on Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 6:16 pm

I'll send you a pm, i'm sure i got em stashed online somewhere
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 6:05 pm

ok, thanx

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 2:55 pm

OMG, finally i did it! The harpymaker works on my computer, the brother of my husband has just made it possible, he is an IT-crack! YAY!
Ok first try, Yeee would look like this, if she gets shapechanged (again, lol) as a Harpy.
just one eye is`nt blue grey as  it should be. She has a coral necklace, at stays with fish when it comes to feast food, grin.

@Embala, sorry what I wanted for the 3 siblings is not makeable on this dollmaker! You don`t need to get mad about all that!

Last edited by Yeee on Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 3:22 pm

cheers YAY for Harp-Yeee! bounce

It is makeable to most degree ... with some extra effort. Wink Just needs the moment when time meets mood. ^^
And I don't get mad about it at all - I'm a doller, Yeee. With some rudimentary skills at computer art. That's one of my hobbies! I'll do what I've planned.

It's a bonus for me that our "playing around" with the maker already inspired you to create your own drawn versions of the sibling!
This thread will see mine, too. ^^

Last edited by Embala on Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 4:36 pm

ok, cool!

My daughter saw, that one can change the skin colour, so I changed that of YeeeHarpy. My Luna has made herself an own harpy, lol!

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Doll-d12

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Doll-d13

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Doll-d14

and if Haken would turn back into birb-form, then it would be like this, fat grin!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 6:49 am

I'm not sure about any detail of Haresh ... most should fit, tho! Very Happy

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Haresh10

*grmpfl* ... I've messed with the black pattern - will fix it asap.

EDIT: Same for Shaher!

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Shaher10

In case something bugs you please tell. Possibly it can be fixed easily. I'll work on Sherah later. Smile

Missed your last post, Yeee! Really looks like Cyan/Yeee in modern times ... and the Harpy tale fits her temper. Just a detail is still missing ...

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Harpye10

Luna is a beautiful mischievous bird. ^^ I love the delicate pattern and the braids!
Harpy Haken turned out aus perfect as hilarious! Laughing Red and black and colorful with an abundance of hair. Of course he must have a peacock tail!
Love your humerous trait, Yeee. Like

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 4:45 pm

Ooooooooh, how beautiful my birbs turned out!  woohoo  
Thank you so very much Embala. Haresh is perfect as he is, let him stay that way.
Shaher looks so cute, luv him  I love you

And HarpYeee is finally perfect with one eye  grey blue and the other yellow. thank you very much, I will download all of them, greed!

Now that I am back from my holiday, here is a late holiday greeting to you, lol :

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Harpyh10

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Harpya10

no, I wasn`t in Hawaii, just the "Harz"mountains  in Germany, I just had 2 sheets of paper with annoying grease stains on them, hiding them with nonsense stickers, laugh!

Here is the wanted female template:

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Harpye13

and of course, I had to use it for Sherah:

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Harpys10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Your holiday sketches are awesome-hilarious! rofl Your "colored-outlines-technique" is an interesting variance. and the Hawaii stickers add extra fun. XD Amazing template and a charming Sherah! *claps and bows* I love her fluffy feather feet. Very Happy

High time to go to bed ... Sleep ... but first:

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Sherah10 Sherah Very Happy

I wasn't sure anymore what you've meant with "Yeee-hair" ... and last time I've checked you wanted yellow eyes for Sherah. Once again  - I can fix bugs ... in most cases.

Thanks for liking Haresh the way he turned out. I'll consider the color deviation a shadow. ^^

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a Harpy Elf Tribe   Building a Harpy Elf Tribe - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Building a Harpy Elf Tribe
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next