Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released

Go down 
+7
Kojiyumi
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Leanan
Embala
Yeee
jaRf
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 10:04 am

My local comic shop is still there but they've given up the business of import comics. I guess they've barely survived.

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 5:24 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:
I didn't say I was lamenting them, but since it was brought up, my point is they're a dying breed, like many things. I am stating what I see, not lamenting it. There used to be one on every corner and now they're all gone. Like the bygone era of mom and pop soda shops.

The lamenting part wasn't directed at you, I am sorry when it came across like that.

What I meant is, that you so often hear people complaining about the course of time and the changes it brings... Physical stores disappearing, faceless mainstreams, everything's digital and automated, yada yada.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 3:15 pm

New publication date for Stargazer's Hunt #4 - October 14, 2020 Skywise Wink

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 4:27 pm

Whoo hoo we're back on track baby!!!

...Not sure why i'm excited. Guess i just need something to be excited about.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 4:29 pm

Cutter Cool Skywise Wink

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 4:48 pm

That`s so faaaar away in the future. Sad

cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 Courts12cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 Rayhan26cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 Rayhan27cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:25 am

Preview is online! Skywise Wink

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/09/30/dark-horse-preview-elfquest-stargazers-hunt-4/

jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 1:45 pm

Ah, too late. Embala was faster. Smile
Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2020 1:16 pm

Spoiler:

http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2020 2:36 pm

... yeaah... Rolling Eyes

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 1:22 pm

Spoiler:

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 1:40 pm

You know what, good for Ahdri, Two-Edge and the Go-Backs.

I legit like the Go-Backs seemingly just go ‘our leader has to be a really old lady’ when it comes to their chiefs.

And the father of Venka’s child survived!

That helmet looks weird tho.

The pages almost looks...ok. Almost.

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 2:05 pm

Well, Ahdri spent thousands of years as Savah's handmaiden. I don't think she was 'just a servant', I think she was learning leadership from one of the best.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 7:32 am

Personally, I don't like this 'our leader has to be female' (because that's oh so progressive to our readers)-shtick*. And Ahdri being a leader would be more conniving if we ever saw her lead before. But hey, this chieftess thing will only affect one page in the comics, it will never play a role again

*I'd rather have a competent leader than someone qualifying by having a vagina

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 7:37 am

The Go-Backs didn't always have a female leader. There was Sharf (before Kahvi), and Zey.

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 11:02 am

I meant it more as a 'it seems like a thing' they have going or them.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 2:08 pm

Leanan wrote:
The Go-Backs didn't always have a female leader. There was Sharf (before Kahvi), and Zey.

yeah, I know. But wasn't there something, that female chiefs are preferred or something? I'm pretty sure Krim or Yun says something along these lines

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 6:55 pm

Shadowpath wrote:

I'd disagree. I don't care for it. Let me be clear! It's not horrible. Not at all. I couldn't even begin to draw anything like this. Not even on my best day.

But I have often described Wendy as one of the top artists for me; and Final Quest and Stargazers, I see a decline in what I consider to be Wendy's caliber of art. But that's just me. My opinion.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 8:18 pm

Tymber wrote:
Shadowpath wrote:

I'd disagree. I don't care for it. Let me be clear! It's not horrible. Not at all. I couldn't even begin to draw anything like this. Not even on my best day.

But I have often described Wendy as one of the top artists for me; and Final Quest and Stargazers, I see a decline in what I consider to be Wendy's caliber of art. But that's just me. My opinion.
I can see why you say that! (Not sure why I said pages, I was looking at the go-back page to most) All I mean is it looks almost close to being...I don't know. Very close to being something that doesn't make me cringe instantly like the rest of this last gasp series. They have weird flatness to them that is very obvious and gets very annoying.

(I like the go-back page, it's a bit more interesting because they actually have things. The others are ugh.)

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2020 3:36 am

Shadowpath wrote:
Tymber wrote:
Shadowpath wrote:

I can see why you say that! (Not sure why I said pages, I was looking at the go-back page to most) All I mean is it looks almost close to being...I don't know. Very close to being something that doesn't make me cringe instantly like the rest of this last gasp series. They have weird flatness to them that is very obvious and gets very annoying.

(I like the go-back page, it's a bit more interesting because they actually have things. The others are ugh.)

Yeah. I also think I judged too harshly. The Go-Back scene actually isn't bad.
Except I don't like the last panel of the Go-Back scene with Jink, Yun - and whoever the other elf. The way that other elf is drawn... looks... really off to me. And the Sea Elves... look really jagged looking. Just not a fan of them. I love the concept of Sea Elves... I used them in my own ElfQuest RPG, MANY eons ago... but none of the characters that were Sea Elves in the comics ever captured me... Just not been a fan of them originally and even when Wendy visited them in the mini with Sunspot (or whatever he was going by)... So I think ending it on that for the previews left an entirely too sour taste in my mouth when I first post. I also don't care for how - on the cover - in the foreground - the other elf (pardon, I can't recall the name) with the white hair across from Pike - the way that elf's hair is... colored... just looks weird to me.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released   cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

cover of Stargazers Hunt 4 released
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2