Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stargazer's Hunt #3

Go down 
+10
Sorandril [BANNED]
LurkingCat
faeriegirl
Tynami
Embala
Yeee
Josine
Stargazer
Shadowpath
Miss Gillespie
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 5:42 pm

Wow, what a sword! It looks far more better tan that toothpick, Chad has now.

3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 Courts123 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 Rayhan263 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 Rayhan273 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 10:03 pm

if for some reason EQ stops and the story ends on a cliffhanger with him involved, does he become a hanging Chad?
Back to top Go down
Thorn

Thorn

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 6:08 pm

"Goldruff". That's the best they could do? Hopefully just a nickname.

Some artist draws several pages. Wendy comes in and draws three or four, specifically to introduce Goldruff. Other artist finishes the rest of the drawing. Yeah, not impressed.

Don't get Jink's appeal, at all.

Let down of an issue.
Back to top Go down
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 11:26 am

Thorn wrote:

Some artist draws several pages. Wendy comes in and draws three or four, specifically to introduce Goldruff. Other artist finishes the rest of the drawing. Yeah, not impressed.

Let down of an issue.

Perhaps Leetah’s just really bad at choosing Wolfrider names for her cubs. Suntop was a bit lame too.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 12:12 pm

@Thorn wrote:
"Don't get Jink's appeal, at all."

Yes, me too. She is just large grown like a high one and a youth, while Yun looks aged. They must have made Yun look older to show a clear difference between her and Jink. Poor Yun!

3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 Courts123 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 Rayhan263 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 Rayhan273 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 1:54 pm

Yeee wrote:
@Thorn wrote:
"Don't get Jink's appeal, at all."

Yes, me too. She is just large grown like a high one and a youth, while Yun looks aged. They must have made Yun look older to show a clear difference between her and Jink. Poor Yun!

Wouldn't Yun also have wolfrider blood, since she was born before Skywise lost his blood? Therefore mortal and aging, albeit slowly?

3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 4:02 pm

Stargazer wrote:
Thorn wrote:

Let down of an issue.

Perhaps Leetah’s just really bad at choosing Wolfrider names for her cubs. Suntop was a bit lame too.

Im sure it sounds even worse before translation Razz

I dont get why Jink is so underplayed! Do you know how much trouble it is to get cerulean??? You have to somehow get dark blue and light blue to actually Recognize, and thats hard because they see each other as siblings 99% of the time, and then furthermore in the case of Cutter and Skywise the craftworld medical systems had to get involved.

Trying to make a cerulean color tile once caused major damage to B-3 of the Farseer Corporation. Dont ask who did it ::looks around nervously::

Last edited by Sorandril on Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 5:41 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:

Wouldn't Yun also have wolfrider blood, since she was born before Skywise lost his blood?  Therefore mortal and aging, albeit slowly?

Yes of course, and she starts to look very Go-Backish.
I like her far more than Jink.
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 3:59 am

That's Yun with Goldruff, right?
Because if we're looking at updated profiles... Yun's is incorrect, still.
https://elfquest.com/yun/

Yun is the only known child of Skywise. However, her heart is as big as the sense of adventure she inherited, and she ended up adopting the orphaned-human cub, Khorbasi and raising him as her own.

So, this is interesting... how my view is different than everyone else's.

Let me start by saying, nothing is going to compare to the Original Quest.

Nothing.

To date, that's some of my favorite comic book story telling in ALL of comics (including Marvel, DC, Image, etc).

That said, Siege and Kings were great - but even there, I didn't care for the toothpick look Wendy went with for everyone. Everyone was suddenly super bone thin. But, I still enjoyed it. I think she was trying to evolve the character's appearances from the 70's bell bottom looks some had (namely Cutter) originally.

The stuff that followed, was... OK. Some good, some bad. A lot of the "contracted work" I didn't care for - not because it wasn't Wendy, but because it didn't feel like ElfQuest - whether that was Jink, Rebels, Wild Hunt - even some of the ElfQuest specific stuff felt off to me - like Kahvi, Two-Spear, Rogue's Curse, etc.

Then Final Quest comes along.

Pretty much the entire time - the entire time - I complained. Every issue, I was more frustrated than the last. But I hung on, waiting for that great reveal.

That great reveal was Cutter's demise (not in a heroic way, mind you) - which, already bothered me. I hate Pulp Fiction because you had a main character shot on the toilet. (Yes, I get that movie has a ton of fans. I am not one of them). Then the Cutter/Timmain soul thing.

That nearly broke the camel's back for me.

It cheapened everything - EVERYTHING - about Cutter to me.

It utterly ruined Cutter. Forever. FOR. EVER.

That to me was similar to Vader in Return of the Jedi. I felt compassion towards Vader, despite the evil we'd heard about, when Luke takes off his mask, and he had tried to redeem himself by destroying the Emperor.

Then episode III comes out - and we see him essentially murder children.

His redemption in Return of the Jedi was ruined. Because then all I could think was he was a child killer. And that's unforgivable.

But Stargazer's Hunt is announced and I say, "It's ElfQuest. I've collected it all my life."

Issue #1 comes out, I scream, shout, yell, everyone is bone thin, art looks weird. Story isn't interesting. More lame twists.

Issue #2 comes out - OK, this seems better than the first issue. More enjoyable. Getting some character moments here.

Issue #3 comes out - I find myself enjoying it. Not kidding. I still can't stand Jink. The entire notion that she becomes this futuristic character. Had I no idea of what she becomes, I'd probably more invested in her. However, knowing that she becomes a futuristic character - I also know nothing is going to happen to her. She won't get killed or die, or else that breaks... whatever ElfQuest considers a "time stream." Skywise bailing on Jink, not a surprising move. People claim "oh, nice, father of the year" - but the Wolfriders led short lives, back in the day. It probably was not uncommon that someone else raise someone's child because parents perish. And it's not like Skywise was leaving her in a dangerous situation. She was in the Palace. Safest place in the universe in his eyes. And time being whatever it is in ElfQuest, he probably thought he could make his way back easily.

Now, what I don't get is exactly why he left. That reasoning seems unclear - I mean, I get why. But I don't get what he hoped to accomplish. If Jink can just "teleport" to Goldgruff - why couldn't Skywise teleport to where ever he was going - rather than going the long route - so that he'd need a Preserver to wrap him up? That part eludes me.

And then someone in this thread mentioned Jink was the only character showing nipples all the time. And I had to go back and look. I was like, "How did I - as a dude - miss nipples?" lol Because all I ever see is Timmain barely being covered. And I only found one place where Jink's "nipples" are "visible" - and it's one panel - and I had to strain to see it - it wasn't blatantly obvious to me. Clearly, since I missed it (it's the panel before we see Goldruff rubbing his arms).

I don't get the copy and paste references folks have mentioned? I get the idea of copy and paste, but I am not recognizing where that's happening?

Is it great? No. But it's miles better to me, both art and story, in this issue - than any given issue of Final Quest. And maybe I am just thankful for that.

Although the wiped memory thing is becoming a troupe. It happened a few months back in a recent issue of New Mutants too.

My actual main annoyance is Goldruff - and not his name (I may be typoing it, don't care to check) - and Yun. These two bare too much of a resemblance to Cutter and Skywise (for obvious reasons) - but it just looks like they're preparing to write the "Goldruff & Yun Adventures" of ElfQuest to replace Cutter and Skywise with their children who bare a very, very, very strong resemblance to them. Like why couldn't Goldruff have Leetah's skin tone? Or her hair color? Instead of being a Cutter-clone. And Yun, with the Skywise head band rather than the old cloth headband she used to wear. Ugh.

3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 Ba_tym10
Signature image by Embala. <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt #3   3 - Stargazer's Hunt #3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stargazer's Hunt #3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2