Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sorandril

Sorandril

Aquarius Rooster

Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning. Empty
PostSubject: Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning.   Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 am

I think its time we all matured and saw Elfquest for what it is - a problematic piece, filled with racism and sexism.

I am saying this only because the words and actions of the Pinis in response to criticism have underlined that they were racist and sexist from the beginning, and thus their work is not redeemable and must be eradicated from all record.

And thus, it is no longer morally ok to like EQ. Sorry. I dont know how else to say this. Im not sure it ever was ok to like this. I feel disgusted with myself and icky, and like the only right thing to do is burn the books - its the only proper thing to do to racism and sexism.

As of tomorrow morning, i am going to (after the BBQ) seek help and heavy medication so i can forget EQ completely and get with the times and join the side of progress.

not sure i can sleep now after this huge revelation.

Back to top Go down
Sorandril

Sorandril

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning.   Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 3:41 am

And to think, tomorrow i was going to write the whole shebang about energy, frequency, spectral individuation, and archetypes.

But that would just be me using religion to justify evil.

Thats all it ever did.

Im shutting down that part of myself right now. This time i dont care what sort of dam i have to put in front of this thing.
Back to top Go down
Sorandril

Sorandril

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning.   Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 8:09 am

And before I get told that I’m over-reacting and get tone policed, this is a proper reaction based on the Mentality the Pinis have made clear with their responses to fan criticism. It’s one thing when a random weird article says things and quite another when the authors make their ideology and intentions perfectly clear here in the Trump Era.

Seriously the more you pick apart EQ, the worse it gets. Elves are basically alien Aryans. The Pinis glorify the unequal power dynamics inherent in interracial marriage and compound it with Rapecognition. Religious concepts in the work abound to awe and bamboozle the weak, as I once was. The anti-human onus of religion makes itself actually clearly known on book 1. Page 2 - PC is right to criticize that scene although he doesn’t seem to realize that it’s the tip of an iceberg of disgusting fascism. And then there’s the fact that medieval fantasy is itself a problematic sirens call to the supposed glories of the past - fascism, fascism, fascism.
Back to top Go down
Sorandril

Sorandril

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning.   Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 am

I feel completely slimy and disgusted with myself after learning the truth . Why does everything have to be this way?
Back to top Go down
Sorandril

Sorandril

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning.   Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 8:25 am

go ahead and ban me I don’t want a thing to do with Elfquest anymore and am left shaking and crying by these gut punch revelations
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning.   Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning. Empty

Back to top Go down

Im starting to think it was wrong from the beginning.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: All the Many Colors-
Jump to: