Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts

Go down 
+18
Tynami
Tymber
Prism
Lunakat
Yeee
Startear
G0lden
Kindredsoul
PCoquelin
Embala
Nibblet
Kojiyumi
Stormcatcher
IceTooth
Sorandril [BANNED]
Outlier
Redhead Ember
Trollbabe
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 9:22 pm

I hope hes gonna ve alright, the hospital is the last place id want to go now
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 12:56 am

I dropped off a couple of things for my husband today. All visitors go to the Emergency entrance, where nurses assisted me in the doorway.

Remaining outside, I walked around the building to the wing in which my husband is staying. There were colored chalk messages on a wall facing the ambulance bay, encouraging the hospital staff.

Hubby's too weak to get to the window, and I don't know which room is his. I talked to him on my cell phone, then left. He is still on oxygen, and tests show he has anemia and kidney disease as well. I hope for some answers tomorrow.

I have not seen him since 5:30 Saturday morning. It's hard to sleep when he isn't here.

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 11:48 am

All the positive healing prayers and hugs for your husband Trollbabe!

If you think it would help to cheer him up, we could do a separate new thread where everyone writes something to him and you could print it out to send with stuff you drop off again? We did that in the old Scrolls for Nibblet!! I love you I love you I love you

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 Santa_10Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 Downlo23Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 Av_cut10Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 2:11 pm

HA! I still have those. I got made redundant and didn't have internets at home, it was a sad time when I had to leave my elfy family

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 2:30 pm

Great idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 8:07 pm

Thank you! I think that's a good idea. I hope he will be home by the weekend.

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 9:41 pm

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 Santa_10Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 Downlo23Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 Av_cut10Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 12:32 am

Still no milk that I can drink, but I got the cheese. Now for salad makings.

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 1:53 pm

G0lden wrote:
Still no milk that I can drink, but I got the cheese.  Now for salad makings.

I am venturing into the realm of powdered goat's milk. We'll see how that goes.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 8:14 pm

Finally! Milk I can drink and salad makings sort of. Didn't find a cucumber though, got everything else.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 9:09 pm

Thank you, KindredSoul! Trollhubby really liked hearing me read your messages.

GOlden, in the U.S, Carnation brand evaporated milk is a reasonable substitute for whole milk in cereal, coffee and tea. It comes in a steel can and requires either a punch or twist can opener. I keep at least eight cans in case we have another shortage of

To those of you in the Northern Hemisphere who have any outdoor space whatsoever, this is a good time to plant a "victory garden." You can grow dwarf variety vegetables in containers and raised beds if traditional gardening is impractical.

If you have ground space and don't want a major investment in time, I recommend "Square Foot Gardening", the book or the website.

Check the Internet, your local nursery and your Agricultural Extension office for gardening advice specific to your area. When you look at seed packet displays in local stores, remember that the same varieties are shipped to stores thousands of miles apart. Just because, for example, you can buy seeds for iceberg lettuce or supermarket-length carrots does not mean they will perform well in your area.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 3:51 am

Thanks for the tip Trollbabe. I have diabetes type 2, so I have to have milk that has reduced sugars and more protein. Plus I found that I am Lactose intolerant with regular milk.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 3:50 pm

I've gotten mixed advice from medical professionals about dairy milk.  One says that we should avoid reduced-fat or nonfat milk because it is processed too much.  Another says we should avoid whole milk because of the fat content.

At this point I'm tempted to switch to one of the vegetarian milk products available.

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 6:42 pm

I recently had to ditch milk. I was wondering why i was having so many trips to the can. Then i had to start using Coffee Mate... no more gas and spending all day on the pot.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 10:12 pm

My husband likes Coffee-Mate too, and uses it in tea as well as coffee.

I'm actually glad I'm on leave this week, because there was a story on the news warning of a possible meat shortage. I would not enjoy dealing with more panic shopping.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:27 am

I got all my groceries needed for the short term. Transplanted a couple of plants too.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 5:06 pm

Today I went shopping and picked up a few pantry staples that were not on my list, because they appear to be running out and not getting restocked.

It's hard to find some store-brand frozen products. One is chicken breasts, which my husband uses for cooking dinners. So I'm buying fresh store brand chicken, cleaning it and freezing it.

I've resolved to start soaking beans and cooking them the next day. Rice is easier to prepare, but it's either in short supply or in pricey convenience form.

Groceries are not a big problem for us. We have no food allergies and are willing to adapt.

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 5:51 pm

Sadly it was reported that Tyson was closing down some of it's largest meat factories. Although this doesn't bother me, I'm concerned over the majority's reactions and pushing the panic button

Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 10:00 pm

I thought I saw the name "Tyson" on a pork plant on the news, but wasn't sure it was connected to the chicken company. That's bad news. Tyson is a popular brand in the USA.

Geezers like me remember the meat shortage (and the gas shortage, and the copper shortage, and one or two others.) Vegetarian products have become more commonplace since then. IMHO Americans eat too much red meat and fried poultry, but I don't like how this is going to hurt workers and businesses.

BTW I saw something on the news about dairy farmers having to dump milk. That's insane, because milk is used to make nonfood products, and can probably be fed to hogs as well. Someone needs to step in.

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 10:13 pm

They're having problems finding anyone to buy, and bigger issue, anyone to transport.  The article I read said it's not unusual for them to dump overages on a normal year, but this year it's super bad. They're just turning the cows out to pasture instead of continuing to milk.  The pig farmers have a much more serious problem, tho.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 10:48 pm

When I bought my new car,they were willing to go lower on the price and gas has been the cheapest I've seen since the 90's($15 dollars to fill up an SUV)
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 11:51 am

Car companies and dealerships seem to be advertising heavily this month.

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 12:29 pm

I'm seeing a lot of local independent shops, like butchers and bakers and so on, starting delivery services in my area. In my small town, there is one small highstreet and they have all come together to offer essentials boxes for delivery. This is the kind of thing I'd love to see happening all over the place. And it's helping them all stay in business too

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 9:59 pm

Tomorrow I go back to work after family leave. I'm really not sure the public cares about us essential workers. CNN reports that some experts believe stores should stop admitting customers, instead serving them at the entrance.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 6:15 pm

Got some salad makings. Can mix and most of it. Oh well I'll go and get some tomorrow.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts   Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Positive and personal thoughts
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next