Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....

Go down 
+4
Tymber
Yeee
Redhead Ember
Kindredsoul
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 2:26 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
Arill3.0 wrote:
Thank you so much for the feedback Tymber! Hoykar is one of the Chosen Eight from OQ, and essentially the only defining characteristic in his official biography is the fact that he's the youngest of the Chosen, which I took and spun into "Himbo of Blue Mountain". A bunch of other authors and I decided to pair him with Kureel back on the old Scroll to maximize the fun contrast, haha.

Huh... it doesn't say anything about him being youngest on his Bio Page

Well, Arill3.0 said "defining characteristic" - which I assume means his appearance - and I'd agree - Hoykar does look younger than the other Chosen Eight (at least in regards to the males).

Arill3.0

Arill3.0

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 7:22 pm

I think I must have found that on TV Tropes or a comic website, and I just latched on and didn't let go lol.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 12:14 pm

Tymber wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:
Arill3.0 wrote:
Thank you so much for the feedback Tymber! Hoykar is one of the Chosen Eight from OQ, and essentially the only defining characteristic in his official biography is the fact that he's the youngest of the Chosen, which I took and spun into "Himbo of Blue Mountain". A bunch of other authors and I decided to pair him with Kureel back on the old Scroll to maximize the fun contrast, haha.

Well, Arill3.0 said "defining characteristic" - which I assume means his appearance - and I'd agree - Hoykar does look younger than the other Chosen Eight (at least in regards to the males).

Well, they all kind of look the same to me - apart from Aroree and Yeyeen, of course - with Kureel being, maybe, somewhat more grumpy.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 4:56 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
Tymber wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:
Arill3.0 wrote:
Well, they all kind of look the same to me - apart from Aroree and Yeyeen, of course - with Kureel being, maybe, somewhat more grumpy.

Well I imagine they all have to be roughly somewhere near the same age - since there was a point where they stopped having kids. But with how long they live, some could be a couple of hundred years apart, before all of that kicked in.

May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Gliders-group

Kureel, probably because of his frowned expressed, does for sure make him look the oldest.

But the back three (in front of the eagle) all appear to look younger than the others to me. Less... depth in their cheeks and such.

Arill3.0

Arill3.0

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 10:09 pm

I love that illustration of Kureel because you look at him and know, in your bones, that he's the Javert of the Gliders and has never once had fun in his life, ever.
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 4:08 am

Arill3.0 wrote:
I love that illustration of Kureel because you look at him and know, in your bones, that he's the Javert of the Gliders and has never once had fun in his life, ever.

What I love is how old I feel when I see lingo or terms that I have no idea what they mean... like... Javert.

I am the Kureel of the forums. Very Happy

Arill3.0

Arill3.0

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 7:32 pm

Lol Javert is the implacable police detective from Les Miserables who obeys the letter of the law even when doing so is clearly, obviously wrong on a moral level, and refuses to believe criminals can change at all. He spends over a decade hunting down a man who skipped parole and made something of himself. This man also did 20 years for stealing a loaf of bread to feed his family.

Kureel is devoted to the orders of his Lord. His loyalty rests with the title, rather than the person who holds it.

EDIT: Also Tymber you aren't Kureel, you are nice and actually understand the concept of fun!
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 6:47 pm

next Page of my entry.

Page 1 contents: Feast, Escape
Page 2 contents: a Cure, Acceptance (here it`s  accfeptancfe because Embala has some difficulties to speak with an octo-arm in her mouth

May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Grabba14
The pages must get coloured by me before I give them to a copy shop. But until then this is the preliminary version.

Last edited by Yeee on Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2020 7:13 pm

Last Page of my May entry.
Page 3 contents: Trying again
So they are all in my "grabbag":

acceptance
a cure
trying again
feast
escape

May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Grabba13
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 6:08 pm

Finally I managed to finish this project.
And gave it a cover sheet:
May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Mermay19
May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Mermay13
May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Mermay14
May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Mermay15

Edit: made a cover sheet

May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Courts12May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Rayhan26May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Rayhan27May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge

Last edited by Yeee on Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 6:29 pm

I wanted to see a comic strip of your's, disnt realize you had one going already... I gotta look through things more.

This is awesome. I like seeing new stories and art! Thanks!

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 6:36 pm

Yes, thanx to you too!
Momentarily there is only this one completed. There are 2 strips waiting to be finished.

May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Courts12May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Rayhan26May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Rayhan27May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 9:05 pm

I gave my Grab Bag entry a cover sheet. (from my daughters colouring book Laughing , that`s why it is so strangely coloured).
I think it is funny and better to have cover sheets for my comic strips to mark them all as a collection of different chapters from Yeee-elfs life. This will bundle all comic strips on the subject of "Mermaid tales of the sea".

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

May 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2