Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Empty
PostSubject: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptySun Aug 27, 2023 5:31 pm

So, I'm opening a new thread, since this stuff doesn't seem to fit anywhere else. I came across a doll series with rats called "Trashion Alley" initiated by Hasbro in the doll community and was immediately excited about it. After all, the movie "The Secret of NIMH" had decisively influenced my drawing training back when I was a child. At that time, I wanted to be able to draw just like the animators. The movie is about mice and many rats. Drawing-wise, it's still the best animated movie for me to this day.  A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley 1f401  A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley 1f400
...And then Hasbro brings rat dolls 40 years later !!!! Shocked ...and cancelled the series before it could even start Shocked Mad Sad
This was so saaaad, SOB!
These images were showing up, they came from China(where all this stuff is produced.
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Erffxy10
4 bodys, which had to be rats or mice dressed up in garbage.  a pink One in a stinky sock-dress with Shoes made out of candy wrapping foil with heels made out of screws. A brown one with a newspaper-skirt and buttons on her shoes. A white one (don t know what trash she wears) with she heels made out of wine glasses (kind of). And a light caramel brown one with a coffe-filter dress. I mean- How cool is THAT!?!
Later someone found a rat head in the internet, it was sold in China (again)
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Trashi10
So this shows, it came from hasbro in 2020 and the (white?) rats name is revealed as  "Vermina" Laughing .
Oh, I have wished for it so much. I love you
But then I came across someone in the internet who is making 3D model files, including some for rat dolls modeled after the real Trashion Alley dolls.  
Guess what I was handcrafting and costumizing this month?
So this is the thread for rats of the Trashion Alley.
And one day a rat gal came scurrying by.
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Img_2021
She told me, that her name is Sheerah of NIMH, the PiRat. (yes this is also the name of my first Harpy-elf gal. the original rat was invented earlier and I reused it for the Harpy elf. Here is the original rat, the daugher of Jenner of NIMH)
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Scan_225
and this is Jenner from the movie "The secret of NIMH"
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Scree316
She has 4 braids made out of my hubbys hair (the poor dear, but he has the darkest brown hair of all of us, so I needed it for the dark brown rat head)
And into her braids  4 bones were woven. (the original rat had 4 finger bones from her dead father`s remains of his corpse- yes, crazy and spooky)
So this here is the mix between the original Sheerah and a Trashion Alley rat
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Img_2022
Since it was so difficult to hide the beginnings of the braids (with hot glue mud on them), a headband was needed. The red fabric band looked best on her and so she looked more like a pirate ship rat than one of the rats from NIMH.

A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Courts12A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Rayhan26A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Rayhan27A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptySun Aug 27, 2023 5:49 pm

So without further ado, she got a rough-tough outfit with a Monster High tunic (this is supposed to represent a rat's paw), an old cut-up gold chain, and a treasure chest from our "Tedi" store.
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Img_2024
She was searching for a good place to hide her treasure...
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Img_2025
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Img_2026
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Img_2027
"Oh, a sandbox! " she squealed, "that's just the place I need!"
She's been living with me ever since.

A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Courts12A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Rayhan26A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Rayhan27A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptySun Aug 27, 2023 6:22 pm

You've sculpted ratheads from !normal" doll heads? °O.O° Like Great! Sheerath ^^

Why I'm not surprised by your ideas, Yeee? ^^ Less surprised by PiRats! XD

@Tynami Lisabit got cousins! Shocked

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 3:57 am

No no, Em, I have not sculpted normal dolls. I got the files from someone else, look here:
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Scree317
She sculpted the rat doll in a 3D program (Awesome! ) and I send the files to a 3D print-service which printed it and send me the parts. I had to paint and to assemble them.
Soemeone else made it too:
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley My-tra10

Of course, I also tormented the AI with this issue and edited a lot again to make her look like a trashion Alley gal:
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Trashi11

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 5:59 am

Hurray for teamwork! cheers... internet and print services.  Love your Sheerath ^^

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 3:04 am

How thrilling!! Did my teacup 3D print inspire you? But i think this is fantastic, and she looks good! Has some kind of Egyptian vibes to me.

I love Secret of NIMH!! I grew up with that movie. Always loved Mrs.Brisby. i kinda shipped her with Justin....eheheh^^0
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 4:46 pm

Squeee! Justin and Miss B. (as the crow Jeremy called her), yes great! Moonlight ships them too, lol.
I was always an adorer of the villains, so it was Jenner for me(but I think, this was obvious).

"Did my teacup 3D print inspire you?"
No sorry, I wrote in my first post here in the thread what inspired me (the nearly upcoming new rat doll line that was sadly cancelled before appearing-SOB)
But hey, just post your teacup in here too, if you like.

And Em, you are right: This is a nice place for Lisabit - @Tynami

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 12:51 am

Jenner looked good as a villain, but somehow he just never seemed like a very good one to me. kinda one note, i guess? just murderous and a brute really, he acts so intelligent yet has no...subtlety. he certainly could be charming though! but who was the mom? admitedly, we never saw any female NIMH rats until the sequel.

was thinking on how to bring this up, i also loved An American Tail 1 and 2 for another mouse movie i grew up with. loved Cat R. Waul as a villain! now he was a good one. admittedly i ship him with Tanya, my favorite mouse in that movie, even if it's impossible...XD someone did a beautiful and very similar to the movie art style fan art of them as a married couple. i just try not to think of the logistics involved with a cat and a mouse....XD

oh no no no, i know the doll line inspired this! i just meant going to someone to get your doll 3D printed. but if not, no biggie, still such a cool project. only wondered cause i had talked about getting my cup printed when i couldn't find one already made i liked. your project could have been in the works long before i said anything!^^ i still need to paint my teacup.....
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 11:27 am

Jenner: Yes, I often thought: "you are such an idiot, Jenner. Why are you going on and on, even when your plan has failed?" The original reason for Jenner's hostile behavior was an understandable one: he was afraid of change and wanted to stop the boss Nicodemus, whose plan was to move away from the people.  Jenner, however, wanted to stay so that he could continue to live his old life comfortably (at least in the original novel). In the movie, they then made a power-hungry lunatic out of him...now, however, I've also just seen a Youtube film in which the commentator, among other things, deals precisely with this crazed behavior.

I think, his statement: ...let's look at the history and present of mankind today, such power-hungry types, who are ready to give everything for their own plan and then also go to the extreme.... , applies quite well.

" we never saw any female NIMH rats until the sequel."
I think we saw 2 females in the Council Assembly, women are disadvantaged even in rat society ...meh... but at last they are allowed to partake in this council.

I didn't particularly like the "American Tail" movie, and the "secret of NIMH" had set too high a standard in terms of drawing. Somehow I didn't like the story either. But I did like one little scene. When the family embarks on the ship in Hamburg harbor, a mouse appears among the cheering crowd on the far left of the scene, which must be the German version of Mrs. Brisby, LOL.
Frau Brisby she is.
Go ship who you like, the imagination knows no limits (as we say in germany). I think the Tomcat would love the mousemaid so much , he would love to eat her. But maybe she is a mousewitch and can handle that...

Well I just wanted so much to have such a rat doll, that I was searching for a solution and the lady on Deviant Art sold just the files, not the printed version. I asked her if she could do that, but she said that she has not a printer or the logistic is too complicated...or whatever. So I bought the files and searched online for a 3D print service.

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 5:16 pm

How on earth did I miss this thread?!? I see the @Tynami but it never let me know Sad And I haven't figured out how to search for tags anymore Sad

Love the mice!! And I have a 3D printer so wouldn't need the service... just need to find the files, eep!

Lately been 3D printing dragons.

A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Kat-s166A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Kat-s168A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Kat-s167A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Kat-s169
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 5:45 pm

TEST @katcombs ... does this work?

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 5:48 pm

Embala wrote:
TEST @katcombs ... does this work?

Nope

#Tynami (TEST)

result - that kinda worked, but still... no notifications Sad

Moved testing to HERE

A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Kat-s166A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Kat-s168A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Kat-s167A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Kat-s169

Last edited by Tynami on Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 8:39 pm

I've never read the book for NIMH...i probably should. I'm generally good with lunatic villains(love me some Joker!) but somehow Jenner misses the mark...meh.

Were there females on the council? Guess i never paid much attention to that part.

I always liked the 2nd movie best. Guess it's the country in me lol. "Mousewitch"...well she has a bewitching singing voice surely lol

Still very cool you were able to get your doll^^
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 5:03 pm

Yay, Tynami , our mouse , found her way here! Of  course you like the rat dolls. With your 3D printer you could produce a whole doll line! WOW! While I have to wait until I get the next parcel with my new project, a white rat. (Wanna have my own Vermina)
Dragons ...sounds cool! (I once had a small resin dragon collection-but my children broke them all, lol)

Yes, Vaeri, Jenner looks good but is a total idiot.
female rats: I just even found more mrs rats: the one on the feft side , I remembered, but I just discovered there is another female on the right side too. I never saw her before, cool! something new for me, and I thought I knew all what was to see there after 100 times watching !
At last these two are wearing medieval woman hats.
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Female10
and here are 2 more: on the left side
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley The_co10
oh I just found one more, here:
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Jenner10
left side behind Jenners hand.

I must confess, I was thrilled to learn that there was a sequel, but when I watched ist, I wished I hadn`t. Laughing
The rats new location in Thorn Valley might have been for my taste. But I barely remember and I couldn t bear to watch it again.

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 8:08 pm

I think for some reason i always just thought those were guys with fancy hats...never thought they were females in medieval wear. Wait why are they wearing medieval when they're in the early 20th century??! Rats, get with the times! A power suit would rather suit Jenner...lol
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyWed Sep 06, 2023 4:43 pm

AvengerJenner lol, maybe more the Loki type I presume.
Yeah, the rats will have to go with the times since there are the Trashion Alley rats now. They will show the rats of NIMH a good fashion style:
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Rat-1-10

there is another 3D file available on etsy: The Runway Rodent rats, but I don`t like the design that much. I stay with the Trashion Alley rats.

after torturing the AI a thousanth time, I got this here from it:
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Trashi12
Goldie did not need very much editing, I did not draw her the rat teeth, the doll gal looks gorgeous without them. Just some corrections at the ears , the right eye and a whisker was added.

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyWed Sep 06, 2023 9:28 pm

Love Goldie! AI always seems to mess up eyes! I should try to make Lisabit on AI.

Which AI program are you using?

Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyThu Sep 07, 2023 1:28 pm

I have been an avid NiHM fan as well, one of the first movies I saw at all, and I think it and Star Trek: TMP were the only ones I can remember from when I was little at the drive-in. (We still had a 2 screen one until around 2003 or so, and I wish they had just downsized it instead of tearing it down for "more modern business": half the lot is still unfilled 20 years later. Geez that makes me feel old.). Anyway, Id always wished there was more story, and yes, when I found the 'sequel' I felt it lacking as well. I could go on about it but perhaps some other time.

I read through and saw the prints you have, and was considering posting some printing tips/thoughts. Ill post them in my 3D print thread to not clutter things here.

I have some moderate 3d experience, and while Im horribly unreliable, if you would like some modifications or minor things modeled up, PM me and Ill help out if I can (no charge, but remember you get what you pay for. Lol).

Neat stuff, it is cool to see someone beating down the obsticles to pursue their passion and seeing what comes of it.

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 7:23 pm

@Tynami: this was from the AI Nightcafe

EDIT: I used the setting: SDXL 0.9, you can collect 5 credits per day and the settings costs 3 credits per image. When you create every day at least 1 image, you gain 5 extra credits every fifth day.

Yay, Trollhammer was a secret of NIMH fan too. We should make a Trashion Alley Mrs Brisby and all those mice and rats from the movie. Very Happy If you like to build your own Trashion Alley rat, you can contact me via pm.

I have also read your other 3D printer- thread.
I have no own 3D printer, I must order prints. And yes, my rat prints are rough , because I tried to sand the fingers and rubbed too much off (it was the finest sand paper)  so that some details were not  visible so good anymore. Then I tried to cut off the filament rests from the left hand and the knife slipped and nearly cut of two fingers. in the meantime while I assembled the doll, the fingers fell off , so I had to order the next 2 hands for my Sheerah rat (sigh).  I was so pissed, that i layed the sand paper and the knife away and thought : she looks cool enough that way as she is.
Hopefully I get my next 3D rat parcel on monday.

EDIT: the first rat was made out of ABS- filament and the second will be the same.

The first ai rat as drawing is now finished. This is Gullily on the trashy rat runway.
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Trashi11

playing with Hero Forge

Last edited by Yeee on Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:31 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : adding information and picture finishing)
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 2:48 pm

Something to try on ABS instead of sanding: use acetone or nail polish remover with a cotton ball or soft rag and wipe the surface down cross-grain to the layer lines. I havent tried it but Ive heard it can smooth the surface well. It may have been a paint bush, now that I think about it. Test with some of the support material or a ABS pipe fitting, perhaps?

Sent a PM, I might want to try Mrs Bris, though I might have to search for a good approximation of Jeremy, I liked that character (not a rat or a mouse though. Lol)

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 4:58 pm

ok, thanks for the tip with the brush, I'll try the nail polish remover on the eye areas. With brush and acetone I have already been able to wipe away the mistakes in the painting, let's see what comes out. My package with rat No. 2 is late, sigh.

Oh cool, you try Miss B.! Good luck!

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 1:15 pm

Havent found Jeremy yet but did find the amulet...

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3022000

And it looks like someone commisioned Bris from an original cel. It was 5" tall or so and cost $220 when in stock... ouch.

https://furrysculptures.com/producto/mrs-brisby/

(Id link the image but its 3000 px wide which isnt great here)

(I found that while doing an image search, and was looking for Jeremy on that site before realizing the greater theme there. Sorry. Lol. Bris is innocent though.

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 2:19 pm

Wow, the Amulett is cool, thanx a lot for this link. I think I will do something out of it.
Mrs Brisby looks so loverly, yay! Well , I don`t need a 220 Dollar figurine. I am content with some fine screenshots. So also thanx for that beautiful link too.

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 6:18 pm

Help! There are cats invading the Trashion Alley!
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Img_2028
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Img_2029

I bought cat doll heads from the doll line "Catwalk Kitties" and a rip off-Monster High body , painted the body in the colors of the head and gave her some clotheswhat I still had left: an ugly plastic dress from an OMG doll rip off, shoes from an Equestria girl doll, a butterfly hair clip from G3 My little Pony and I gave her other stuff:  a bag from a Bratz doll, a cat shaped shampoo bottle from the LOL surprise pets, a little toy cat and she got a cat tail made from a Pipe cleaner.
Haha, why does she have a cat pet?
Look at the original:
A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Catwal10
They DO have pets (hunh? a degenerated kind of cousin cats or what?) ? or babies?
ok, what ever. They are cute and now long sold out, and the remnants from the old days, which sometimes appear, are sold for ridiculous prices.
But I got those head rests from Alie Express

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 6:44 pm

Sweet Kittie - Rat boys will approve! ^^

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley   A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley Empty

Back to top Go down

A whole bunch of rats in the Trashion Alley
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Non EQ Stories/Art-
Jump to: