Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...

Go down 
+18
Yeee
Davrille
Prayer
Tymber
Embala
Shadowpath
Startear
Redhead Ember
TrollHammer
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
faeriegirl
Fairyring
Outlier
Vaeri
Nightsea
Wiseshaman
Tenderfoot
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 pm

Im thinking January it is then. If I get pulled away feel free to open it (anyone) in January.

As I see it, it would contain the lists of the months from the prior year (jan-dec) and not include the current January (as that GB would be ongoing, assuming we maintain a monthly for that month. I want to keep them separate as some might feel more at home to do monthly, or that doing two is a challenge worth doing)... that would make 12 months. If nobody feels this way, though, please say so and we can replace January's monthly GB with an annual. (Which gets me to thinking this could end up being concidered along the same lines and EQFA's annual calendar... but completely our own (ie not a calender, but unique with our own rules and goals).

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 3:09 pm

So it will be 12 month for the annual - Got It! Smile

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 4:43 pm

Tymber wrote:
Embala wrote:
Writers and Artists!

True! I always think writers, because to me that's MUCH easier. You artisty type people devote a lot of time into the art. Smile

Do you guys have any contact with folks who used to write on the old threads that we could recruit here?

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 8:49 pm

Would need to look up the "members list" from older grab-bags. @faeriegirl is here. @Cleopatra and @Tenderfoot. And some other great writers ...

Looks more like a matter of real life and time management for me.

And - as great as it is that many of the "elder Scrollies" have found their way to FTH sunny ... during the years the Original Scroll went down they have found new homes for their writings and art. Tell me about the problem to manage more than ONE beloved time-eating monster ... ^^

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 9:13 pm

Embala wrote:
Would need to look up the "members list" from older grab-bags. @faeriegirl is here. @Cleopatra and @Tenderfoot. And some other great writers ...

Looks more like a matter of real life and time management for me.

And - as great as it is that many of the "elder Scrollies" have found their way to FTH sunny ... during the years the Original Scroll went down they have found new homes for their writings and art. Tell me about the problem to manage more than ONE beloved time-eating monster ... ^^

Well, @faeriegirl is the one who pointed me this way; but I've not seen her post much (could be I am not reading all the threads, and just missing it).

I did try to direct someone - who suddenly, out of the blue, sent me an email to my Stonehowl address; about an ElfQuest/Transformers fanfiction. I directed them to this forum as a supportive outlet for ElfQuest related fanfiction... so they may show up here (no idea!) - but if they do, we can try to rope them into adding to the grab bag submissions! I may see if I can pull some other folks from the ElfQuest days here that I know from FB.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 9:20 pm

Go for it, Tymber ... if nothing else there would be one more way to stay in contact! Smile

And a chance that more will grow ... ^^

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 11:48 pm

Will we try again for November ... for the love of EQ and the fun?

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 4:15 am

I tried to recruit a few folks, I know tend to write (ElfQuest) stuff... life, being what it is, apparently, they're just not into writing fan fiction anymore or don't have the time.

Embala wrote:
Will we try again for November ... for the love of EQ and the fun?

I am willing to keep writing for these, though the last few months, it seems like traffic and the threads have died down quite considerably...

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:32 am

My answer is:

Preparing for Whitecold

(Element for november, as this is what I have been up to)

It does seem like the fanfic threads have been slow, but the FQ threads and several other things have been busy, it seems to me. I had been thinking of posting how busy it seemed.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 1:47 pm

going full circle

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 2:15 pm

Since November is a US month for "Thanksgiving" - I am going to go with:

Being Thankful (For Something/Someone)

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 2:18 pm

TrollHammer wrote:

It does seem like the fanfic threads have been slow, but the FQ threads and several other things have been busy, it seems to me. I had been thinking of posting how busy it seemed.

Well the FQ thread is a flurry of activity, because it's a current EQ comic, and people are very oPINIonated about the issue (myself included)...

I noticed that other fanfic threads on here do get some more frequent attention.

I think a lot of it has to do with when you're doing a fanfic for non Canon characters; there isn't as much interested. For example, Shaman's "ElfWest" takes known ElfQuest characters, and puts them in a western type situation. So readers are familiar with Cutter, Skywise, etc - so perhaps, reading those is easier, because there's already a visual of the characters; even for those that are gender bender, you can still sort of imagine Cutter or Skywise as a female, for example (because Elves in general tend to have a pretty feminine appearance as it is, other than the muscles and occasional face fur).

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:31 am

Then we just need to convince people to come here and post stuff about canon characters!

Cutter Cool

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 1:36 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
Then we just need to convince people to come here and post stuff about canon characters!

Cutter Cool

Or diversify their reading. Wink

Maybe I need to start doing two entries for grab bags; one for Stonehowl, because I find joy in doing that with my own set of characters; and one for the canon ElfQuest characters! Smile

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 12:18 pm

So far for November we have:

Preparing for Whitecold
Going Full Circle
Being thankful for someone/something

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 12:43 am

Reeeeeedheeeeeeeead! Ember One more element?

ANYONE?

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:43 am

"Anyone" is an element? Razz

On a more serious note I suggest

Warmth, of any kind; both physically and metaphorically.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 11:54 am

So we're up to:

Preparing for Whitecold
Going Full Circle
Being thankful for someone/something
Warmth, of any kind; both physically and metaphorically.

If anyone wants to suggest more there's room!

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:30 pm

Can we begin suggesting for December?

If so, I'd like to recommend:

A Gift

Since it is "Christmas" (or whatever "Holiday" you want to call it).

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:20 pm

I'm allowed to suggest as long as I'm contribute a banner at least? Wink

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 4:46 pm

Always, Em! Shoot, after last month, post two suggestions!

At this point, I'd even say people that are only thinking they might possibly, maybe, if they have time, if there's nothing else to do and they are bored and they remember it, but only if they feel like it might post an entry, or even someone who doesn't even know what this is all about shouldn't feel like they can't. If we start getting like a dozen themes on a regular basis, THEN maybe we'll start making it more stringent, at least that's my thought.

I feel bad. I'm up to 7000 words and the end of my entry for November is still slipping through my fingers. I guess I finally caught the spirit of NaNoWriMo this year (though I didn't stay at it on this long enough to actually make 20k, but that was never my goal). I'm hoping it won't be too scary to read, it's been something I've been wanting to get done with for a few months now (but only started working on it this month).

For december... hmm... Well, this will sound odd for December, perhaps, but as I have had a personal release from oppression this month, how about Freedom (or other end to something that has plagued someone for a period of time)?

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 4:46 pm

Embala wrote:
I'm allowed to suggest as long as I'm contribute a banner at least? Wink

Definitely! You submit all the time!

Also, since element suggestions have been decreasing; I'd say ANYONE can suggest an element. But that's just me!

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 4:50 pm

TrollHammer wrote:

At this point, I'd even say people that are only thinking they might possibly, maybe, if they have time, if there's nothing else to do and they are bored and they remember it, but only if they feel like it might post an entry, or even someone who doesn't even know what this is all about shouldn't feel like they can't.  If we start getting like a dozen themes on a regular basis, THEN maybe we'll start making it more stringent, at least that's my thought.

Posted at the same time; we're of the same mind.

TrollHammer wrote:

I feel bad.  I'm up to 7000 words and the end of my entry for November is still slipping through my fingers.  I guess I finally caught the spirit of NaNoWriMo this year (though I didn't stay at it on this long enough to actually make 20k, but that was never my goal).  I'm hoping it won't be too scary to read, it's been something I've been wanting to get done with for a few months now (but only started working on it this month).

It's never too late to post, even if the month passes. When I first came onto the (official) ElfQuest forum and became aware of the grab bags; I actually back posted all the way to the first Grab Bag (and thus ended up posting in like 12 months worth of grab bags; for the year I had missed!)

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 4:50 pm

So far we have:

A Gift
Freedom

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 9:54 pm

waiting

Anyone else? Redhead! Lunakat! fae? ...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...   Build a "Grab Bag" for the month... - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Build a "Grab Bag" for the month...
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next