Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your favorite heartwarming moments.

Go down 
+10
Zadzi
Multi-Facets
Marina.yurk
KR Wordgazer
Embala
Blackbird
PCoquelin
manga
Fairyring
faeriegirl
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zadzi

Zadzi

Your favorite heartwarming moments. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite heartwarming moments.   Your favorite heartwarming moments. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:15 am

I always thought Windkin was a freakin' weirdo. The blood removal thing screwed with his head or something maybe. I've always seen him as highly irresponsible emotionally...I mean, in the way of being emotionally lost. He's a recluse, the Kahvi thing, the pining for Ahdri thing, then finding her and not really knowing where to place that. Then it's like Oh hi, Auroree! He's all over the place emotionally. Not a bad guy, but really displaced. And it's ok.
I actually think Kahvi was a lot more solid character wise than he was. She takes care of her own as best she can regardless of her wanderlust. She took the time to find a good family for Tier. I can't imagine Windkin being emotionally capable of that.

Your favorite heartwarming moments. - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite heartwarming moments.   Your favorite heartwarming moments. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:30 am

Oh, he would have. He would have dropped the kid off in Sorrows End, and come back in a couple of centuries, expecting it to be, like, four.

Tbh, I don't know if it was so much the blood altering as the kidnapping. People have this idea that toddlers don't remember what happens. Actually, they really do, and it can have a heavy effect on them.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite heartwarming moments.   Your favorite heartwarming moments. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 3:12 am

^Elf children definitely remember what happens. Skywise remembered what happened mere moments after his birth, Windkin was a year when he got kidnapped.

Right, continuing on from my previous post:

In fact I think there's a possibility that it might have been because Teir was related to Tyldak Kahvi chose to give him up. She knew that even if she tried really hard to love him there was still a very big risk that she in a fit of anger, or simply tactlessness - let's face it; tact has never been Kahvi's strongest trait - would've let a hurtful word fall:
"Why couldn't you be a girl?"
"Your sister Vaya did [x]"
"Your sister Venka would've [y]"
"You're nothing like Tyldak!"

Considering 'Kahvi' canon - the mini-series that is, not the person... - then this would've taken place after that, meaning that Kahvi would've (re)remembered her own childhood as Two-Spear's daughter. She would have remembered what it was like constantly being belittled and looked down upon by a parent.

As Luna said; it's not sure a girl-fawn would've fared much better. Heck! I'm not even sure Venka would've turned out as well as she if it hadn't been for the Wolfriders finishing her upbringing and not teaching her to hate.
Which actually brings me to another heartwarming moment (or rather situation):
The fact that Cutter was willing to raise the daughter of the person who had caused him the worst pain imaginable.
Even more so; the fact that he didn't continue down Kahvi's path of Rayek is bad an must be punished.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite heartwarming moments.   Your favorite heartwarming moments. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 5:01 am

I wonder if a boy would have reminded her too much of Tyldak?

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite heartwarming moments.   Your favorite heartwarming moments. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Time to bring this one up again.

The Apology. Definitely the Apology!
And Ahdri's behaviour in that scene, first jumping to Two-Edge's defence, then eagerly telling the Firstcomer troll how he can totally go to the Palace with them, coz they'll just get Drub to come and take over. Am I the only one imagining her going into full moto-mouth-mode during that scene?

Then there's this amazing line from issue 17:

"That talk. As if you have no spine."

Coming from Rayek, to a human nonetheless, that's quite something. Then again, I'm getting more and more convinced that Rayek is the kind of person who develops soft spots for people, and Daboi seems to have caused one. Nevertheless, quite sweet to see that Rayek acknowledges Daboi's strengths.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite heartwarming moments.   Your favorite heartwarming moments. - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2021 4:34 pm

I think one ofmy favorite moment was in Siege of Blue Mountain, the scene between Two-Edge and Clearbook. I read it in black and white, and the look between them. Just so good.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite heartwarming moments.   Your favorite heartwarming moments. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favorite heartwarming moments.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2