Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #11

Go down 
+31
ErinC1978
Davrille
sun girl
Lunakat
m0nkeyh0use
Paranthropus
Trollbabe
Wisp
Tam
Vaeri
Tenderleaf
G0lden
Soreyes
Josine
willderbeast
Arthis
Redhead Ember
Multi-Facets
TrollHammer
Tymber
Blackbird
Kindredsoul
PCoquelin
Miss Gillespie
manga
kathleen3.0
Embala
Stargazer
wingthing
Elwing
Outlier
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

Final Quest #11 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 1:09 pm

manga wrote:
Embala wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:

Quote :
Jarrah and Ingen managed to hide in Sorrow's End for more than 10.000 years without being spotted.
AFTER they were introduced and we knew about their existence! In this case it was speculation whether they are still alive or not ... not whether they exist at all.

No kidding.  You can try, as Wendy seems to be doing, to blame Rayek's attitude, but that doesn't hold up for me.  Yeah, he never sought them out.  I'd buy that.  But that they were never there in the background?  They couldn't be bothered to show up for the challenge of Head, Hand and Heart?  Or when the Palace appeared in Sorrow's End, they didn't come see?  They didn't feel the urge to say ANYTHING to Rayek during the celebration that followed?

If Rayek is "loveless" due to the kinks in his upbringing (as I maintain), then what are Jarrah and Ingen's excuses?  (I'm really wondering here because we've never met a "loveless" elf who didn't have a backstory to go with it.  Kahvi as raised by Two-Spear - nuff said.  Winnowill literally went mad.  Two-Edge has an alien blend of biology plus his mad mother drove him mad.)

Rayek s parents were introduced as a afterthought, that's why they're not in OQ, simple as that
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Embala wrote:
No, I don't think there a lots of other visitors hiding in the Palace. We would has got a glimpse at least (for attentive readers/viewers) or some more casually placed talk.

There haven't been that many scenes in the Palace lately.
The first, with Sunstream and co., focuse on those three who've arrived - more or less intact.
The other is the one with Cutter and Timmain.

Embala wrote:
AFTER they were introduced and we knew about their existence! In this case it was speculation whether they are still alive or not ... not whether they exist at all.

Not really. Yes, in the internal timeline of EQ they were introduced pretty early, but in the external, publication, timeline they were introduced after OQ, SaBM, KoBW and the first 8 issues of HY. Plenty of time for people to go "Where are Rayek's parents in all this? Wonder how they feel about it all."

manga wrote:
If Rayek is "loveless" due to the kinks in his upbringing (as I maintain), then what are Jarrah and Ingen's excuses? (I'm really wondering here because we've never met a "loveless" elf who didn't have a backstory to go with it. Kahvi as raised by Two-Spear - nuff said. Winnowill literally went mad. Two-Edge has an alien blend of biology plus his mad mother drove him mad.)

Not so sure Rayek - or Kahvi and Two-Edge for that matter - is "loveless".
Yes, Nightfall described him as such in her dream, but it was a nightmare and her subconsciousness might still have been working on the premise of "Rayek stole Cutter's Family! He's bad! Bad!Bad!"
But we've seen several times that Rayek is capable of love, maybe not romantic love - haven't had the most luck with women the poor guy - but other forms of love. It's pretty clear that he loves Ekuar and Venka.

Honestly, though, I don't really mind that we haven't been introduced that that many new elves. Would've been kinda tedious if all of issue 10 and 11 had basically been:
This is [X], he likes apple pie.
This i [Y], she knits.

We haven't even had most of the Go-Backs named, only three so far.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 2:41 pm

Rayek is egotistical-- not loveless.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 2:45 pm

What was meant by 'loveless ones' (I thought) wasn't characters who were incapable of love (Winnowill clearly loved Voll), but characters who lacked empathy and compassion for others. Rayek only sees his own pic and his own concerns. Same with Winnowill -- only her agenda mattered. The needs and wishes of other people were irrelevant.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 2:52 pm

i had an amusing thought....Wendy and Richard are so ticked about our "ungrateful" attitudes as fans and lack of proper "OMG YOU ARE SO AWESOME, YOU CAN DO NO WRONG!!"-ness, they decided to use FQ to completely and utterly troll us.^^

not really, but it's a funny thought.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 3:22 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Rayek is egotistical-- not loveless.

That's why I put it in quotes. "Loveless" doesn't have to mean incapable of love. It could also mean lacking in love and Rayek, Winnowill and Khavi certainly seem to be lacking the broad, general kind of love, the kind that makes people like Cutter say "No elf must die - even if he is my enemy!"
Back to top Go down
Tenderleaf

Tenderleaf

Cancer Horse

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 3:41 pm

manga wrote:
Did anybody else find Dre-Ahn's singing just too "precious?"  I feel like it was over-ascribed.  Say that it evokes the spirit of the forest - fine.  But blending so many different sounds and different kinds of sounds... what, has he shape-changed his vocal cords so they can do this?  Because it just doesn't make sense to me.

Yes.  The description is pretty over-the-top.  

[It] "blends every birdsong, every furred creature's cry, every breeze that ever sighed.."  Which means can we assume it sounds like:

("tweettweettweet CAW SCREECH WHOWHO Eeeeeeekchitter warble tweetweetweeROARRRRAGGH-ARFARF-MEOW-Oooowwoooooo shhhhhhhhhhhhh woooooosshhhhhh fffffffffff sssssssssssss ahhhhhhhhh"  cat   rendeer  Hammy  Owl  )

I half expected the next panel to say, "Dre-Ahn's singing is so finely tuned it registers on the planet's precise Harmonic signature."  

I'm being hard on it, I guess, ha ha.  But yes.  A little too precious. Laughing
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 3:49 pm

Lol, Tenderleaf! I will now hear that every time I read that scene.
Back to top Go down
Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:24 pm

The "woo" is strong with Wendy now. A lot of new-age pseudo-spirituality crap is creeping in. Is anyone else annoyed that Cutter is the "most special and unique elf that ever lived and also the hero of the story and the chief of chiefs etc etc"? So now he's a High One too? Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Pike Rolling Pike Rolling Pike Rolling
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Retcons so far:

-Jarrah and Ingen suddenly showing up
-the aura ball of the Palace that makes no sense (so wolfrider and immortal spirits can go anywhere on the wotm now, contradicting everything that was stated in the story before)
-Aurek
-Teir's backstory

add on to the list
Back to top Go down
Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Speaking of Teir:

how likely is it that Kahvi and Tyldak never had a kid? In thousands of years of being together, they never produced a child? So she had to have a kid with Windkin in order to get the next best thing? Why is that? Was Tyldak infertile or something? Doesn't add up.
Back to top Go down
Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:33 pm

last thing:

did anyone else who's on facebook notice the comment Wendy made recently that wolfrider penises are different from immortal elves', and that she was going to leave it up to us to figure out how?

First of all: whaaaaaaat?! Why is this even a thing? So now we're discussing the weird genitalia of wolfrider elves in a fantasy comic book? It's just getting to be a little too much. Sometimes fandom (and the creators) can get a little creepily weird and obsessive. Take a break. Go outside.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:36 pm

XD

I guess ... in fact we had exactly that discussion once on the original SoC quite without creators' inspiration. Or confirmation. ^^

Final Quest #11 - Page 13 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Knots, huh?
Back to top Go down
Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:46 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:
Knots, huh?

Knots?
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:47 pm

If you don't know, I'm not going to ruin you.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Google canine reproduction

Final Quest #11 - Page 13 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Paranthropus

Paranthropus

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Embala wrote:
Google canine reproduction

Well that's interesting. And cannot be unread. And now I have images of Cutter and Leetah doing this...
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:55 pm

Lol, yeah, but at least I didn't do it.
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:56 pm

I wondered when this would come up.

Of course, I have a slightly different, humorous, interpretation... I have miniature Yorkshire terriers...

Final Quest #11 - Page 13 Banner11
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 5:04 pm

I never saw that on Facebook...I'm kind of surprised, actually. Wendy's always been so cagey about that sort of thing, but fans can be very persistent. Facebook is a great example of that. -.- If I was a creator of a fantasy race though, I would definitely be thinking about those sorts of things. Because I want to have all the information available, if only for my own purposes.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 5:17 pm

So knots and then Cutter was talking about Leetah turning him to nut mash / knot mash...

Final Quest #11 - Page 13 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 5:22 pm

The timing I have when I come back to read up on things.... Suspect

Final Quest #11 - Page 13 Santa_10Final Quest #11 - Page 13 Downlo23Final Quest #11 - Page 13 Av_cut10Final Quest #11 - Page 13 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Right up there with my first time in the chat box, eh, Kindred? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #11
Page 13 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next