Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Note to self

Go down 
+18
Sifra
Prayer
IceTooth
Rainflower
Nibblet
KR Wordgazer
Tynami
Bluetree
Shadowpath
G0lden
PCoquelin
Redhead Ember
Kindredsoul
Elwing
Embala
Tenderfoot
Startear
Multi-Facets
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

Note to self - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note to self   Note to self - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 7:02 pm

I dont need correction but i want to prevent the sun of Dune down here in L.A. from rendering me blind.

I used to prefer goggles but for some reason recently mine quit fitting me.

Things just fall into my eye sockets.

I have lost some weight recently but thats a tad ridiculous......
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Note to self   Note to self - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 7:19 pm

I ended up getting what my son calls a nerd strap, makes me look like an old lady with the beads hanging from my glasses, but at least I know where they are and can find them easier. Still trying to get used to them, it's only been a week and these are my first pair.

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Note to self   Note to self - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 8:05 pm

katcombs wrote:
I ended up getting what my son calls a nerd strap, makes me look like an old lady with the beads hanging from my glasses, but at least I know where they are and can find them easier. Still trying to get used to them, it's only been a week and these are my first pair.

There's a young girl from Iraq that I work with who uses one of those. Hers has delicate little pearls on the chain, its so pretty. They're becoming fashionable again!

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Note to self   Note to self - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 8:14 pm

Note to self: Keep working on your Russian studies. Just because the second class was canceled doesn't mean you can't keep learning...there's so much on YouTube and other places. And get over your fear of talking to a native speaker...you know enough to say a few words and you've had several opportunities recently!

And if you do, try not to make an ass of yourself. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Note to self   Note to self - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 2:58 am

Hey IceTooth, my husband learns french since a few years. He said it helped him much, when he got access to french tv. He loves to watch that Big Bang Theory series " spoken in french with french subtitle. SO find something to watch what you like and translate every word. Leave not one single word out, only that way comes real progress.
And it is a challenge but feels also good for him to make holidays in france. But maybe Russia is a little bit too far away from you. Laughing

Thorn

Thorn

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Note to self   Note to self - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 9:26 am

Note to self: make a list BEFORE going grocery shopping! You're at that age where you forget what you came for in the length of time it takes to get from the car to the store entrance.
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Note to self   Note to self - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 11:01 am

Thorn wrote:
Note to self: make a list BEFORE going grocery shopping! You're at that age where you forget what you came for in the length of time it takes to get from the car to the store entrance.

Not to mention eat before going too, I hate shopping hungry... buy all sorts of junk. (my note to self)
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Note to self   Note to self - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 3:01 pm

Yeee wrote:
Hey IceTooth, my husband learns french since a few years. He said it helped him much, when he got access to french tv. He loves to watch that Big Bang Theory series " spoken in french with french subtitle. SO find something to watch what you like and translate every word. Leave not one single word out, only that way comes real progress.
And it is a challenge but feels also good for him to make holidays in france. But maybe Russia is a little bit too far away from you. Laughing  

It gives me hope to hear this! I started by practicing on my own and learned the Cyrillic alphabet but taking classes from a native Russian teacher is where I really started to learn. But the next class was canceled and I was at a loss of where to go next. Funny that you mention TV...I have started watching some Russian TV and language tutorials on YouTube and they are helping a lot...especially with subtitles and I have to pause a lot so I can write down words to practice later. I was actually seeing Cyrillic characters in my dreams last night. Laughing

It is a bit tough learning new words along with a new alphabet but I'm going to keep at it. Yes Russia is very far away but I would like to visit someday. Smile
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Note to self   Note to self - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Note to self:
Always check the wifi antenna.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Note to self   Note to self - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 8:14 pm

Note to self. Walking to the store early to beat is a great idea. Walking back because the bus won't be there in 40 mins years your legs out, but is good for your.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Note to self   Note to self - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Note to self
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3