Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

to cherish what remains

Go down 
+9
Miss Gillespie
manga
kathleen3.0
Lunakat
faeriegirl
Zadzi
Embala
TrollHammer
Stargazer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
manga

manga

to cherish what remains  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 10:42 pm

*lays out a trail of bread crumbs for Kathleen.*
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 11:45 pm

I have coeliac
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 12:15 am

kathleen3.0 wrote:
manga wrote:
Well now you have no Teir, either.  Funny how one character death can echo.  Smile

Do not underestimate my ability to ignore that particular butt yank of a heritage. I mean, Mender can smell that Gifa is the Djun's kid after just a few whiffs, but Scouter and Dewshine can't smell Windkin off Teir?

When Mender meets Ember after Shards for the first time, she and Teir just had sex like a few minutes ago, his (Teir's) smell should be all over howling rock but Mender has no idea of his existence until Teir pops up in Wild Hunt...

Wolfriders have an amazing sense of smell when the plot needs them to. There's even a scene in the prequel, where Windkin and Teir are in the same panel Mad
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:17 am

*lays out rice-cracker crumbs for Kathleen.*
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:21 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:

Wolfriders have an amazing sense of smell when the plot needs them to. There's even a scene in the prequel, where Windkin and Teir are in the same panel  

No kidding. How did "a nose so sensitive it can distinguish one alloy from another" (Cutter going after New Moon in the Trial of Head, Hand and Heart), manage to miss a direct blood connection? Or is this another case of Cutter Is The Only Special One?
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 11:57 am

I think that's what happens when you let a bunch of strangers write your story for you. Inconsistency.

kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Surely Goodness And Mercy Shall Follow Me Chapter 2- Through The Valley Of The Shadow

Sorry I made you guys wait so long for such a short chapter. The next one should wrap things up, and good stuff will happen in the sequel.

In this: Shen Shen enters the Blue Mountain, only to find something waiting there for her, Rayek brings in some new players, and nothing lasts forever.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Squee! Hammy

(More complete feedback to come when I'm not at work and can read this, oh, it sits there tempting, so tempting...!)

Edit:

If my coworkers can have cigarette breaks, then I can sneak enough time to read this.

Ooh, so interesting! I love what happens when Rayek has dreamberries. And of course, Shenshen! Heh "If she didn't go in, it's because she made them come out" indeed! Rock on, Shenshen!

Can I put in a word for Winnowill being healed and returned to the light instead of banished to the shadows? "Confined too long in a darkness which as unhinged [her.]" And she is not so far gone that she can't appreciate Shenshen's brightness. *crosses fingers*
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:32 pm

So glad you continued this!

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 7:47 pm

I don't have time to make a detailed comment, but, oh my! I really enjoyed the interaction between Winnowill and Shenshen. The part where Strongbow was going to eat Winnowill made me laugh hard. Don't get me wrong, I liked how much he reacted to the child abuse and murder, and using others like playthings, but just... the mental image of Strongbow swallowing Winnowill up as a snake jumped my mind, and that made me laugh. Again, love seeing Ulma order others around, she feels so connected. I like that.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 2:54 am

manga wrote:
Squee! Hammy

(More complete feedback to come when I'm not at work and can read this, oh, it sits there tempting, so tempting...!)

Edit:

If my coworkers can have cigarette breaks, then I can sneak enough time to read this.

Ooh, so interesting!   I love what happens when Rayek has dreamberries.  And of course, Shenshen!  Heh "If she didn't go in, it's because she made them come out" indeed!  Rock on, Shenshen!

Can I put in a word for Winnowill being healed and returned to the light instead of banished to the shadows?  "Confined too long in a darkness which as unhinged [her.]"  And she is not so far gone that she can't appreciate Shenshen's brightness.  *crosses fingers*

Lol, I kind of felt like Rayek was underused in terms of communicating with the dead. Because, seriously, there's a lot of interesting dead people out there. Also, I admit it, this chapter is a little weak, but I indulged myself in the idea of what the difference between a pure blood and Wolfrider afterlife might be.

As far as Winnowill, um, I'll take it under advisement, but, honestly, I think she would like Shen Shen. She was somewhat charmed by Suntop and Leetah, except she was prejudiced by their attachment to Cutter, et al. But this didn't mean she wasn't going to kidnap Suntop, or that she wasn't about to threaten, or harm Leetah.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 2:56 am

Lunakat wrote:
So glad you continued this!

It was spite. That was why I did it. Spite.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 3:05 am

Startear wrote:
I don't have time to make a detailed comment, but, oh my! I really enjoyed the interaction between Winnowill and Shenshen. The part where Strongbow was going to eat Winnowill made me laugh hard. Don't get me wrong, I liked how much he reacted to the child abuse and murder, and using others like playthings, but just... the mental image of Strongbow swallowing Winnowill up as a snake jumped my mind, and that made me laugh. Again, love seeing Ulma order others around, she feels so connected. I like that.

The stuff between Shen Shen and Winnowill is my favourite, tbh. I loved the idea of a softer side to The Big Bad.

Yeah, that's Strongbow's Wolfy side coming out. Best way to get rid of a snake, I suppose. The idea of Strongbow BECOMING a wolf, tho. Lol
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 12:02 pm

thanks for continuing the story!

manga

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:37 pm

kathleen3.0 wrote:

As far as Winnowill, um, I'll take it under advisement, but, honestly, I think she would like Shen Shen. She was somewhat charmed by Suntop and Leetah, except she was prejudiced by their attachment to Cutter, et al. But this didn't mean she wasn't going to kidnap Suntop, or that she wasn't about to threaten, or harm Leetah.

Yes, but that was in service to her goal of serving Lord Voll's dream - which she had sacrificed her sanity for, essentially. At this point in the story, she hasn't yet decided that being Evil For The Grins and Giggles is the way to go and she COULD be brought back from the brink.

It's your story, of course. But I think the driven, conflicted, suffering, complex Winnowill of "Siege At Blue Mountain" has been totally wasted ever since.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 6:30 pm

I don't believe anyone is past redemption, I'm a bleeding heart, NDP voting liberal.

But I based Winnowill attacking Rayek and capturing Strongbow's spirit on the original quest Winnowill, who kidnapped a tiny kid, and killed a tree shaper in their own shaped vines. I mean, you can argue for redemption, but her response to Savah reaching out to her was to capture her spirit. At this point she knew nothing about the Wolfriders, she did it for her own amusement.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 1:37 am

Oh, I think she's been completely in character. I hope your story will explore other avenues for her that canon EQ has wasted, so I'm putting my two cents out there. Whatever direction you end up going, at least I tried. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 1:44 am

Yay! I love the new installment, Kathleen! Dammit, please keep going, I really wanted to keep reading. I was so upset when it was over, I'm really at the edge of my seat.

to cherish what remains  - Page 4 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 6:06 am

I've just started reading this story.
Am currently halfway through chapter 2.
LOVE it!!! Amazing work!! It totally feels like what would happen indeed if the 'uprooting' of the tribes were reversed.
Great to see characters develop similarly yet very different at the same time!
*goes off to read the rest* be back soon!

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 7:55 am

OK, I finished reading it a while ago, but didn't have the time to comment further.
Seriously adore this story, please continue!!
The characters are all so very different from the originals, yet very much the same at the same time... I applaud your work in this!

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 5:34 pm

Wow, guys, you're so kind. Thanks, Faeriegirl, I really appreciate it.

Again, a short chapter, but part of that is that the next chapter is a huge shift in tone, so I wanted to take my time with it, and keep it seperated.
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 5:54 pm

I shall fear no evil
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:00 pm

Squee!!!

Um.

Wow.

Where do we go from here? O.O
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:34 pm

Wow! That was intense!

kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Good intense, or bad intense?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: to cherish what remains    to cherish what remains  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

to cherish what remains
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: