Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Goodbye David Bowie

Go down 
+8
sun girl
Multi-Facets
Embala
Elwing
Stormcatcher
Vaeri
Tam
G0lden
12 posters
AuthorMessage
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Goodbye David Bowie Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 11:46 pm

With great sadness it was announced the David Bowie has passed at age 69. Bowie was well known for his Glam Rock and androgynous image; and who can forget Ziggy Stardust. Mr. Bowie passed surrounded by his family after an 18 month battle with cancer. Bowie will be greatly missed.

Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 12:36 am

My heart is broken.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 12:51 am

farewell, Goblin King of the Labyrinth. you will be remembered and loved long past your time.
Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:27 am

Goodbye Major Tom, Ziggy Stardust, The Man Who Fell to Earth, Thin White Duke, Hero, Elephant Man, Baal, Major Celliers, Vampire, Goblin King, Tin Machinist, you were the most influential singer, songwriter, multi-instumentalist, arranger, producer, actor and painter ever. May your legacy last forever.

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:22 am

I was a huge fan in that important period in your life somewhere between 13 and 16 when you form your adult personality and life values. A man who was not masculine in the regular way appealed to a girl who was maybe not so feminine in the regular way. And it was okay- if he could be successful while not fitting in any regular box, so could I.
He will always be part of me.
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:32 am

He will be much missed.

Ground Control to Major Tom
Commencing countdown, engines on
Check ignition and may God's love be with you

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:42 pm

The few I've heared and seen by David Bowie I've liked.
May he rest in peace and his legacy live forever.

Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 4:06 pm

May the ever-shifting walls of the Labyrinth ring with his music until the end of time.

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:08 pm

Sad The whole internet is sad. My dolly forum is sad and my comedy websites are sad and imdb is sad and Father Tree is sad. And I am sad. Earthling no more... shine on you crazy starman.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 12:30 am

This is a story from a friend of mine I used to do children's theater with and who met Bowie years ago. He posted it on Facebook a couple of days ago. It's hilarious:

"So my son Nick reminded me that I met David Bowie once- and yes it's true I did... I was at a bank on Sunset (It was the Great Western Bank on Sunset and Laurel Canyon ) I was in line, and David Bowie was standing right in front of me! I looked at him and I said "You're..." and he put his finger over his lips and said "Yes I know don't tell anyone!" - I said "You do your own banking?" He said "sometimes you have to" And then he looked around and said "I'm looking for a deposit slip" This was a time when most people still used checks (and for the most part Americans still due) I tore one out of my check book (with all my details on it- meaning if he made the deposit his check would end up in my account... I was hoping it would anyway) and gave it to him... he took it- a few seconds later he turned and said "That's very cheeky of you... (looked at my name on the deposit slip) ... Peter" and I said " That's why sometimes you have to do your own banking" he actually laughed out loud- said farewell and that was my brief encounter in time with David Bowie- and it happened- LOVE HIM and I can't thank him enough for his music!"

I just love this story.

Goodbye David Bowie Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:50 am

Awesome story, Zadzi! Cutter Cool

Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:51 pm

I'm sad too. How I would have loved to meet that man. And Alan Rickman died today, what is it with this week and cool english artists??? Sad

Thank you for the story Zadzi!
Back to top Go down
Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:41 pm

Man, I used to sit and listen to Bowie’s music and think, I mean really ponder on life. His music had a depth, a soul, that you rarely ran across in any kind of genre. His work was nothing like the singers and bands of today where I can put it on the radio and just ‘veg’ out, the music so generic you really don’t have to take it in. But Bowie’s music, it was on a whole different level, and during a time when people needed a whole new level to the music scene. With songs like ‘Major Tom’ and such Bowie made your mind tick, your soul smile, and your heart a little lighter.

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye David Bowie   Goodbye David Bowie Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodbye David Bowie
Page 1 of 1